Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accuracy_International_Arctic_Warfare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
not a single mention of counter-strike on that page :monocle:

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Hanukkah came early this year.

Sweevo posted:

wikipedia is supposed to be the sum total of human knowledge, therefore I should be allowed to post these photos of myself masturbating in my own poo poo and use it as an example of what micro penises look like!

Phenwah
Feb 3, 2003

Phenwah fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 5, 2023

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

the complete lack of a vector-based image of a man ejaculating onto a women's face is precisely the reason i sold my britannica set. wales is making a huge mistake!

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Hanukkah came early this year.

maniacdevnull posted:

the complete lack of a vector-based image of a man ejaculating onto a women's face is precisely the reason i sold my britannica set. wales is making a huge mistake!

but you've still got Cumfart 01.svg !!!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DefecatingSeagull.jpg

quote:

This is a featured picture, which means that members of the community have identified it as one of the finest images on the English Wikipedia

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

good thing it's available for use under the GNU Free Documentation License

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultracity_6060

notable features:

* variant spellings of the director's name are given, even though that should be in the linked article and not here where it's completely irrelevant

* "It consisted of anime scenes that were dubbed with humorously incorrect dialogue for comedic reasons." thank god they weren't dubbed with humorously incorrect dialog for serious reasons

* a moderately funny parody of anime that appeared on a mediocre show that aired on a lovely cable station in the late nineties is now a "cult classic". really?

* trying to read the last paragraph makes my head hurt

* i haven't watched "planet jackson" anytime in the last decade, but i'm pretty sure that nobody asked jacko for any handouts directly: tito, germaine, marlon, and latoya all want to "cut some tracks" with him, andrew dies before he can ask for anything, donny osmond was first mate on latoya's ship, and quincy jones is just there to inform michael that "in the future, everyone's white". that's how i remember it anyway

* :goonsay:

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iร…ยง Kรƒยซ3ร…ย, cร„ยง gรƒยธรƒย i- <Ecl8

that awful man posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultracity_6060

notable features:

* variant spellings of the director's name are given, even though that should be in the linked article and not here where it's completely irrelevant

* "It consisted of anime scenes that were dubbed with humorously incorrect dialogue for comedic reasons." thank god they weren't dubbed with humorously incorrect dialog for serious reasons

* a moderately funny parody of anime that appeared on a mediocre show that aired on a lovely cable station in the late nineties is now a "cult classic". really?

* trying to read the last paragraph makes my head hurt

* i haven't watched "planet jackson" anytime in the last decade, but i'm pretty sure that nobody asked jacko for any handouts directly: tito, germaine, marlon, and latoya all want to "cut some tracks" with him, andrew dies before he can ask for anything, donny osmond was first mate on latoya's ship, and quincy jones is just there to inform michael that "in the future, everyone's white". that's how i remember it anyway

* :goonsay:
all this time spent posting instead of with getting out

Phenwah
Feb 3, 2003

Antillese
Feb 16, 2006

You need to edit it to him as a contracted studio composer in much the same way that movie stars were contracted studio actors in the first half of the 20th century.

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
Should we make some nice svg diagrams to show what the plans are to fix the gulf oil spill!?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BP_oil_containment_domes.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BP_oil_containment_box_top_hat.jpg

gently caress that poo poo, lets mspaint a jpg with horrible compression!

e: the same guy who uploaded that uploaded this: http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Nopngs.gif&oldid=6239095

wikipedo posted:

JPEG maps, despite some tiny artifact dots are often easier to read because the JPEG-display technique enhances the contrast sharpness of wording, especially on small images/maps. Also, JPEG backgrounds of labels can be painted to illuminate wording more than typical PNG (or SVG) wording on monotone, unhighlighted backgrounds.

boyo that text sure is sharp!

MindSet fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 13, 2010

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Using PNG violates WP:NOR: In 2007, some people were actually converting hundreds of JPEG or GIF files into the cumbersome, gargantuan PNG format, totally unaware that Wiki-software optimized resizing of GIF files (3x faster) or JPEG files (as 8x to 21x faster) than the massive data transfer of PNG files. Because articles about "PNG" clearly explain PNG format is often 10x heavier for minimal extra sharpness, the activity of converting to PNG files goes counter to existing research, and converting to PNG files violates the Wiki "No-Original-Research" policy.
:supaburn:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

MindSet posted:

boyo that text sure is sharp!

well it is, kinda. grab a normal image and run a sharpen filter like 50 times. now it looks like a jpeg

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

The wordplay is based on the distinct meanings of the two occurrences of the word flies (the verb "travel through the air" and the noun for "certain insects"), and of the word like (the preposition "similar to" and the verb "enjoy"). For example, the second clause can be read as "fruit travels through the air similar to a banana" or as "certain insects enjoy a banana".

BillWh0re
Aug 6, 2001

axolotl farmer posted:

The wordplay is based on the distinct meanings of the two occurrences of the word flies (the verb "travel through the air" and the noun for "certain insects"), and of the word like (the preposition "similar to" and the verb "enjoy"). For example, the second clause can be read as "fruit travels through the air similar to a banana" or as "certain insects enjoy a banana".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb1aQVpT-60#t=1m15s

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Malamanteau

A massive wall of text arguing over whether a a word invented in a joke about wikipedia editors from a webcomic needs an article and what form such an article should take. Of course this is probably what the author of the comic wanted and he is probably fuelling the debate through several alt. accounts.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Varkk posted:

A massive wall of text arguing over whether a a word invented in a joke about wikipedia editors from a webcomic needs an article and what form such an article should take. Of course this is probably what the author of the comic wanted and he is probably fuelling the debate through several alt. accounts.

i love the sarcasm

Malamanteau
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit

The use and purpose of this redirect is currently being discussed by the Wikipedia community.
The outcome of this discussion may result in a change of this page, and possibly its deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.

So, from one part it say about freedom to edit and from other part is censoring an article without giving so much information about the causes. So, it is not strange that some schools decided to ban wikipedia. Anyways,from Urban dictionary:

Malamanteau
A word defined to infuriate Wikipedia editors <-- is true.

--201.222.139.138 (talk) 16:18, 12 May 2010 (UTC)--201.222.139.138 (talk) 16:18, 12 May 2010 (UTC)

D. melanogaster
Jun 27, 2003

is one of the most studied organisms in biological research, particularly in genetics and developmental biology.

Varkk posted:

holy gently caress this is depressing

how can anyone waste so much time arguing futilely?

:negative:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

D. melanogaster posted:

did you forget that its wikipedia or something idgi

the people are arguing with wikipedia editors, i'll leave it to you to decide which one is more spergy

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

D. melanogaster posted:

self-reposting from the start of the thread but whatevs:

Baby (Dragon Ball)

Is this character canon? Is Dragon Ball GT canon? Who decides what is and is not canon, anyway, and is it fact or opinion to say so? An eight-hour duel between two editors culminates in nearly one hundred assorted reverts, arguments posted in edit summaries, and both parties blocked for ignoring 3RR, which brings to mind the 30+-episode battles the series is famous for (with 5+ episodes being used to launch a single attack.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...&action=history

tl;dr two nerds slap fight for eight hours over dragon ball gt

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

Varkk posted:

honestly this almost makes me like xkcd because as :spergin: as randall munroe is, he knows how to get the goat of people who are :spergin: even harder

nanerpuss
Aug 6, 2005

voudrais-tu une banane, mon amie?

LunixArchduke posted:

honestly this almost makes me like xkcd because as :spergin: as randall munroe is, he knows how to get the goat of people who are :spergin: even harder

i have to give the guy credit. he probably has the most wit and charisma of anyone on his spectrum of spergin. granted, that equals to poo poo on a normal humans scale.

nanerpuss
Aug 6, 2005

voudrais-tu une banane, mon amie?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Cow_and_Chicken#Lyrical_help_needed_for_The_Legend_of_Sailcat

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

e: I'm an idiot but it's still one of the most worthless things there.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 07:23 on May 14, 2010

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

quote:

7. No posting anime - No OS-tans, no dickgirls loving a floppy drive, etc.

:ughh:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm just saying how bad it is. Still, :ughh:

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_in_Drawn_Together

quote:

In "Freaks & Greeks", Ling-Ling's father states that Ling-Ling's full name is Ling-Ling Hitler Bin Laden Seacrest. However, according to Executive Producer Bill Freiberger, this is just a gag and not canon.[2]

i'm surprised that anybody cares enough about "drawn together" to care whether something is considered "canon", but i'm not at all surprised that such a person would be involved with wikipedia

Gin on Toast
Jan 19, 2010

by mons all madden
Every time there's a gag that draws on a character's past, somebody will add it to Wikipedia as canon. If a character says "My Dad used to be the best roofer in town, til he fell off a ladder and broke his legs" expect to see "Unlike [character], his father has previously obtained [[gainful employment]], since [character] says he worked as a [[roofer]] until a [[workplace injury]] stopped him from working.[6]" crop up soon. It's twice as bad for cartoons or webcomics or media that has no depth but a rabid fanbase.

There is (or was? I don't keep up with this poo poo) an entire section detailing the family tree of Larry the Cable Guy's standup act. His Grandma gets the walking farts!!!

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

axolotl farmer posted:

srsly makes me :qq:

Gin on Toast posted:

Every time there's a gag that draws on a character's past, somebody will add it to Wikipedia as canon. If a character says "My Dad used to be the best roofer in town, til he fell off a ladder and broke his legs" expect to see "Unlike [character], his father has previously obtained [[gainful employment]], since [character] says he worked as a [[roofer]] until a [[workplace injury]] stopped him from working.[6]" crop up soon. It's twice as bad for cartoons or webcomics or media that has no depth but a rabid fanbase.
i hate the []'s because i always want them to be like real web links and give more information about the specific incident and im always so, so disappointed

Phenwah
Feb 3, 2003

Wit_sponge
Dec 29, 2008

FUUUCK

heh, noice

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C5%8Dnin_(student)

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

LinuxGirl87 posted:

mlyp

I keep seeing this everywhere wtf does it mean?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

quote:

Mylp
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name. Please search for Mylp in Wikipedia to check for alternative titles or spellings.
Start the Mylp article, using the Article Wizard if you wish, or add a request for it.
Search for "Mylp" in existing articles.
Look for pages within Wikipedia that link to this title.

jesus christ, wiki fails again

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
you didn't even spell it right

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
............................................................................/'ฏ/)
........................................................................../---/
......................................................................../---/
....................................................................../---/
..................................................................../---/
................................................................../---/
................................................................/---/
............................................................../---/
............................................................/---/
........................................................../---/
......................................................../---/
....................................................../---/
..................................................../---/
................................................../---/
................................................/---/
............................................../---/
............................................/---/
........................................../---/
......................................../---/
....................................../---/
..................................../---/
................................../---/
................................/---/
............................../---/
............................/---/
........................../---/
......................../---/
....................../---/
..................../---/
................../---/
................/---/
........../ดฏ/’–’/ดฏ`ท_
......../’/–/—-/—–/จฏ\
.....(’(———- ฏ~/’–’)
......\————-’—–/
.......’\'————_-ทด
........\———–(
.........\———–\

DjLizard
Aug 8, 2005

What wozatar?
microsoft like your penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tripwire
Nov 19, 2004

ghost flow

acker posted:

............................................................................/'ฏ/)
........................................................................../---/
......................................................................../---/
....................................................................../---/
..................................................................../---/
................................................................../---/
................................................................/---/
............................................................../---/
............................................................/---/
........................................................../---/
......................................................../---/
....................................................../---/
..................................................../---/