Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"Well chancellor(chief, whatever..), Ewan and Charlie use them"

"Oh, good point."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

GSes have really become the new macho bike and for that reason I can never own one. Did a quick browse on the used market. One 07 with BMW cases and 8000 km...that's basically only summer commuting and the job isn't far away. One 05 with tons of mods, carbon fiber huggers (jesus christ), Öhlins in the back, full Touratech luggage and comfort saddle and much more...and he's done 24 000 km in 5 years. Not the tiniest amount perhaps, but still. He's gone for the RAH RAH CHEST HAIR TOURING look and then not toured much.

But there was one 07 with almost 100 000 km without much show off mods, kudos to that guy.

Stappert
Mar 15, 2007

Ola posted:

GSes have really become the new macho bike

Got my license on an F650GS. Does that count? :ohdear:

More cops:

From this article (in Norwegian, google translate butchered it)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ola posted:

Probably the shittiest pic posted in 183 pages, but it's a crop of a cell phone snap resized for email so there you go. Just thought it was interesting that our cops are using GSes.

When I was out in Phoenix, some of the cops had them. Others had RSes, I think.

They've got a big assortment of bikes around here; all cruisers, though.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Ola posted:

GSes with tons of mods, carbon fiber huggers (jesus christ), Öhlins in the back, full Touratech luggage and comfort saddle and much more... RAH RAH CHEST HAIR TOURING look and then not toured much.

This is every, single, GS where I live. It has replaced the Harleys and Ducatis to take the top spot for Banker-with-a-mid-life-crisis Bike. They parade them around the coast on sunny weekends with BMW adventure suits and Arai Tour-X Ewan/Charlie Edition lids. You also see Multistradas and Stelvios similarly equipped/used.

The few adventure bikes which look like they have seen some real miles tend to be KTMs or Big 4 bikes like the Tenere. And they usually have just a few, well selected, well worn farkles.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ReelBigLizard posted:

This is every, single, GS where I live. It has replaced the Harleys and Ducatis to take the top spot for Banker-with-a-mid-life-crisis Bike.

This is 99% of GS's on the planet, I would guess.

Christobevii3 posted:

That is in dallas fort worth during busy traffic middle of the day on a saturday. I wouldn't ride a motorcycle there in full gear let alone only a tire around my rear end, no helmet or gloves or pants or anything.

The funny part is if he fell off the bike at speed, that tire would catch, and start him barrel rolling super fast.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Click here for the full 1280x906 image.

Playmate of the Year 2010.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
What a terrible aftertouch on that photo. Whoever did that should lose their job.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Slim Pickens posted:

Dude's an rear end in a top hat for passing that close, but is it that hard not to constantly swerve between lanes? I wonder how long he wobbled on the line before the driver got impatient.

Did anyone watch it all the way to the end where the motorcyclist got off his bike after getting in front of the guy at a stop or something and punches him in the face? :rock:

Content...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Silver posted:

Did anyone watch it all the way to the end where the motorcyclist got off his bike after getting in front of the guy at a stop or something and punches him in the face? :rock:
I did. Like Jujube, I too, want to know why he cut the video off at that point. Too embarrassing for internet tough guy?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jabs posted:

I did. Like Jujube, I too, want to know why he cut the video off at that point. Too embarrassing for internet tough guy?

Dude probably jumped out of the car and punched him through his visor.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Probably best not to film yourself assaulting someone.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

TheFonz posted:

What a terrible aftertouch on that photo. Whoever did that should lose their job.

I thought this was an armchair image editor comment until I clicked the thumbnail. Holy hell that is a mess.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Dubs posted:

Click here for the full 1280x906 image.

Playmate of the Year 2010.

I remember doing something like this when I was 11 years old on my dad's PC with photoshop.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Ola posted:

Probably the shittiest pic posted in 183 pages, but it's a crop of a cell phone snap resized for email so there you go. Just thought it was interesting that our cops are using GSes.

And actually wearing safety gear. Here we're lucky if our cops have 3/4 helmets and a tee-shirt.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Tsaven Nava posted:

And actually wearing safety gear. Here we're lucky if our cops have 3/4 helmets and a tee-shirt.

I think here in the states if cops started having FULL FACE IDENTITY CONCEALING HELMETS there'd be a massive paranoid poo poo storm.

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench posted:

I think here in the states if cops started having FULL FACE IDENTITY CONCEALING HELMETS there'd be a massive paranoid poo poo storm.

I saw two Sheriff Motorcops wearing Arai helmets with appropriate badging on them today. My heart was all a flutter.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

TheFonz posted:

Have you seen a modern Playboy? It's one overdone aftertouch after another.

But the stuff going on around the edge of her hair, where her hair was clearly messy but they just made the stuff around the edges blue? That's pretty amazing.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
Hey how about some more S1000RR

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
OMG ANGRY BEES

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Would it kill BMW to put symmetrical headlights on their bikes? I can't help but thinking that the bikes look like they're all o.0

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
2 nukes wasn't enough, so they had to make asymmetrical headlights to finally defeat the Japanese.

Charles 1998 fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 14, 2010

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Tsaven Nava posted:

Would it kill BMW to put symmetrical headlights on their bikes? I can't help but thinking that the bikes look like they're all o.0

I loving love it. How I hated it at first but now... good. So very good. It doesn't look like generic lump of Japanese sport bike. The Japanese seem to believe the way to design a sport bike is to set a large block of plastic on fire in a wind tunnel and see what shape they get, then add some swooshes and barbed wire graphics and sell 6 billion of them.

I'd prefer slightly weird/ugly/unique over the lump-o-sportbike look these days.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
One cool thing about the S1000R's headlights is you can tell it's an S1000R when it's coming at you. Unless you see sport bikes on a near daily basis, it's hard to distinguish them from one another.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Tsaven Nava posted:

Supposedly it was to save weight and allow for optimum packaging of the air intakes. Realistically it's just to look different enough to be distinguishable.

Edit -- it looks good. :pwn:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Jack the Smack posted:

One cool thing about the S1000R's headlights is you can tell it's an S1000R when it's coming at you. Unless you see sport bikes on a near daily basis, it's hard to distinguish them from one another.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jack the Smack posted:

2 nukes wasn't enough, so they had to make asymmetrical headlights to finally defeat the Japanese.

When did the Germans nuke the Japanese?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Phy posted:

When did the Germans nuke the Japanese?

When they said "go on, hit Pearl Harbor, we got your back".

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Spiffness posted:

I loving love it. How I hated it at first but now... good. So very good. It doesn't look like generic lump of Japanese sport bike. The Japanese seem to believe the way to design a sport bike is to set a large block of plastic on fire in a wind tunnel and see what shape they get, then add some swooshes and barbed wire graphics and sell 6 billion of them.

I'd prefer slightly weird/ugly/unique over the lump-o-sportbike look these days.

At least its distinctive. You have to know your poo poo to tell a ZX6R from an R6 from a CBR just by looking at the front.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

redscare posted:

At least its distinctive. You have to know your poo poo to tell a ZX6R from an R6 from a CBR just by looking at the front.

Makes it better for running from/to the cops! :haw:

And the S1000RR has really grown on me. I really need to go ride one at some point.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Yea, it's a bicycle, but it's a GHOST bicycle.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/11/its-a-ghost-bike-and-its_n_572463.html

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Longest ever recorded case of ghost riding the whip.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Is it wrong I want to ride it?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

It looks like a fat kid in a superhero costume. You want to laugh and point, but realizing how cruel that is you just think aaaawww, I'm glad they make superhero costumes in his size so he too can join in.

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla

Tsaven Nava posted:

You sure you want symmetrical? They tried that once...

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

tarzanspuma posted:

I'm in love.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

tarzanspuma posted:

Ugh, it's like someone strapped wheels to a church.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/nw200/

Last race of the day at the NW200 just about to start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

lancemantis posted:

Its like a bike from the "everythings big" level of Super Mario