Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Bobby Digital posted:

Not real because the real ones have the regular badge on them not the cannon as it was confirmed by someone who's seen them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
the cannons are pointing the wrong way

Truth
Feb 24, 2005
How good is the soccertriads quality? I know they aren't real but how dodgy are they?

Edit: also "worldsoccershop" has the liverpool keeper shirts available for preorder but no customization options. Will I ever be able to make a reina shirt? Also do they make keeper shirts in short sleeve?

Truth fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 14, 2010

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Truth posted:

How good is the soccertriads quality? I know they aren't real but how dodgy are they?

Edit: also "worldsoccershop" has the liverpool keeper shirts available for preorder but no customization options. Will I ever be able to make a reina shirt? Also do they make keeper shirts in short sleeve?

I think the Keeper shirt is out already. I saw it in a shop yesterday.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Truth posted:

I waited too long hoping that the Liverpool keeper would go on clearance and now it is sold out on both soccertriads and bornprosper :(

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

cheese posted:

I waited too long hoping that the Liverpool keeper would go on clearance and now it is sold out on both soccertriads and bornprosper :(

I don't know what you were looking to spend but kitbag has them for $30 right now. Only problem as usual is the only sizes are XL and 3XL.

Cjones
Jul 4, 2008

Democracia Socrates, MD
Anybody ever gotten soccertriad shorts? Thinking of picking up $8BPS barca homes.

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004
From pages 72-3:

CAMiasm posted:

i just received my soccer triads order. barcelona home with xavi number/lettering. the barcelona jerseys (maybe all la liga?) have the LFP patch on. you can't get one without it, so i got the TV3 patch to go with it. the jersey itself is great. there were a few loose threads, but nothing major. a quick snip with the scissors took care of it. the patches look good, the lettering is on straight with no flaws. it has a nike tag that you have to cut off. it has all the little details. it's just like a real jersey.

as for the fit.. i got a large. it's a little too small. i should've known better, being 6' 4.5" and 240 lbs. it's definitely still wearable though.

it took 3 weeks to get here. i ordered on apr 11, it was shipped apr 19, and it arrived today. i think the shipping was delayed because of the icelandic volcano.

overall i'm very pleased with soccer triads! 9.5/10

i'm strongly considering getting a USA away jersey for the world cup

CAMiasm posted:

so i was at the local soccer shop today, and i could not tell the difference between my jersey and the real deal. they're identical

Schwarbage posted:

Because they are the real deal. They're just sold under the table by the manufacturers.

Irn--Bru posted:

Yeah don't they just have the machines and that make a load more shirts after the factories shut at night then sell them on in a dodgy manner?

Bacon of the Sea posted:

It's the same as knock off fashion stuff produced in China, the western companies find Chinese dudes to set up the factories and ship the stuff over. It's only ever so long before one of those guys goes "Hang on, I see how much these people make and it's loads more than me. This poo poo costs nothing to make. How about I did what I did when I set this factory up for them, but do it for myself and produce exactly the same goods using exactly the same materials and design templates, but sell it for 1/3rd of the price?"

As far as I can tell, the only difference between ST and, say, WorldSoccerShop.com is that ST doesn't receive their jerseys from "official" providers, though the end product is the same.

My USA away should come in soon from ST, so I can add to these observations in a week or so (I hope).

Total Confusion fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 14, 2010

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
Got my dempsey top today :smuggo:

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
gently caress you want jozy cant even put my jealously into a structured sentence

Augustus Rumpus
Sep 23, 2007

code:
McEnroe!

Grievo posted:

Got my dempsey top today :smuggo:

How is the lettering/numbering? Is there a number on the front? The new kits look kind of bland without a number.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Can we change the title to "Football Shirt/Kit Thread — Yes you can trust SoccerTriads"? So many people asking the same loving question.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

harperdc posted:

Can we change the title to "Football Shirt/Kit Thread — Yes you can trust SoccerTriads"? So many people asking the same loving question.
Yes you can trust Soccer Triads and Yes they are real.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the everton kit i got from them was crap quality but then again it was a le coq sportif kit

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Someone at RAWK got this from Soccer Triads.

This doesn't inspire confidence.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
its real

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Fag Boy Jim posted:

its real
It is real, cutbacks at Liverpool starting with the jerseys.

Cjones
Jul 4, 2008

Democracia Socrates, MD
So nobody has bought any shorts?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Honestly, who buys replica shorts beyond the age of 10?

Cjones
Jul 4, 2008

Democracia Socrates, MD

Eau de MacGowan posted:

You're probably the fag that wears velcro sandals. Who are you anyway?

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
Yeah there's a number on the front and it's perfect :)

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Some people do things like run, or go to the gym. And these activities typically require athletic apparel. And, ya see, some of us like football teams enough, and have enough expendable income to do things like buy frivolous things like replica shorts.

:)

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
nah he's pretty much right, replica shorts are for kids.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I dont have any replica shorts cos im too cheap for that and just buy 5 quid plain black ones but I dont see the problem with them. I see plenty of people wearing replicas when playing 5s or 7s or that.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

proper short are stupidly expensive. I looked at some Australian NT nike ones a while back and they weren't a great deal cheaper than the shirt

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
only team shorts i've gotten were when i bought a CSKA shirt on eBay and it automatically came with the shorts. they were paper thin and waaaay too short so that's the last time i even consider getting shorts.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Got my England away shirt from soccertriads today and it's fab. £19 delivered with the World Cup patch on the sleeve.

Indistinguishable (apart from the size, natch) from the one I paid £40 for for my 10 year old son.

Augustus Rumpus
Sep 23, 2007

code:
McEnroe!

Grievo posted:

Yeah there's a number on the front and it's perfect :)

Thank you! I'm just waiting for more size large ("Sean" said they would have more by the end of the month) and my order is in.

Rankine Over Gash
Feb 18, 2010

We had our meetings in a room with a bar and Brian Clough said to me "Millsy, get the beers in and get yourself a Guinness". I told him I didn't drink. He said "Get yourself a fucking Guinness" so I did. I drank it, pulled a face and then he named me in the team. I never said no again.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

People who wear them at, you know, games.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
It'd want to be a hot loving day to justify that

Rankine Over Gash
Feb 18, 2010

We had our meetings in a room with a bar and Brian Clough said to me "Millsy, get the beers in and get yourself a Guinness". I told him I didn't drink. He said "Get yourself a fucking Guinness" so I did. I drank it, pulled a face and then he named me in the team. I never said no again.

monkeytennis posted:

Got my England away shirt from soccertriads today and it's fab. £19 delivered with the World Cup patch on the sleeve.

Indistinguishable (apart from the size, natch) from the one I paid £40 for for my 10 year old son.

I literally have my card in my hand and I am so close to ordering an England shirt for the WC. You are in complete control of my purchase - do I buy?

Also, I am plan on getting my name and 12 on the back like I do for all my shirts. I may get glassed in a pub but I don't care.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
loving shorts. Honestly.

Cjones
Jul 4, 2008

Democracia Socrates, MD

Adnar posted:

proper short are stupidly expensive. I looked at some Australian NT nike ones a while back and they weren't a great deal cheaper than the shirt

Regular black nike shorts here about about $30. Those barcelona ones are half the price.

Mr.AARP
Apr 20, 2010

I was born after Kurt Cobain died. Now you feel old.

Wait for it, Wait for it....
TSV 1860 München Erima 150th Anniversary Jersey

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
amazing

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
hahah holy poo poo

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006