Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

Stump Truck posted:

I hope everyone releases the giant karkians in MJ12 to clear a path for yourself. Then you use the turret to kill them
Crawl through the vents to the office at the back of the nanotech lab. Hack the computer and release the greasels. Get back in your vent and wait. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usually
Sep 9, 2004

e

usually fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jul 19, 2011

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Zero Star posted:

Crawl through the vents to the office at the back of the nanotech lab. Hack the computer and release the greasels. Get back in your vent and wait. :)

Greasels can fit in vents. :tinfoil:

Colinrobinson
Apr 10, 2005

Yeah I'm not positive what my deal is either, so I just sort of keep on truckin'
Anyone ever spontaneously develop weird audio glitching? I just started another play through, got all speed glitches dealt with, and I just started getting audio static over top of the ALL sounds today (finished up the superfreighter).

It may be something my computer is doing because of heat or other programs, so it may not really be a DX issue, but here's the weird thing: at first going into the main menu or Settings menu would make the issue go away for a few minutes, but now the static happens immediately after starting the game.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trying to do a nonlethal run right now. How do you guys manage to do the subway hostage rescue? I'm playing on Realistic.

chimz
Jul 27, 2005

Science isn't about why, it's about why not.

IanCaw posted:

Yeah that happens to me, just restart Deus Ex repeatedly until it quits making that noise. You can tell if it's broken by the music at startup being crackly.

I think someone posted a fix earlier in the thread, something about setting the latency value higher...

Stump Truck
Nov 26, 2007
Why? Yes

Stuntman posted:

Trying to do a nonlethal run right now. How do you guys manage to do the subway hostage rescue? I'm playing on Realistic.

Just go through the vents, go all the way to the back of the subway, talk to the hostages and they'll get on the train when you open the doors.

Lordpen
Jul 14, 2004

Stuntman posted:

It's very easy. Use the vents, you can get around all of the NSF and get the hostages onboard the train without ever being spotted.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Lordpen posted:

It's very easy. Use the vents, you can get around all of the NSF and get the hostages onboard the train without ever being spotted.

Or just straight up get on the train and let Paul bitch at you.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

IanCaw posted:

Anyone ever spontaneously develop weird audio glitching? I just started another play through, got all speed glitches dealt with, and I just started getting audio static over top of the ALL sounds today (finished up the superfreighter).

It may be something my computer is doing because of heat or other programs, so it may not really be a DX issue, but here's the weird thing: at first going into the main menu or Settings menu would make the issue go away for a few minutes, but now the static happens immediately after starting the game.

Try increasing the audio latency (press the talk button, delete "say," type preferences, hit enter, select the audio subsection, increase from 50ms to 70 or something)

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Stump Truck posted:

Holy poo poo the grays scare the crap out of me for some reason. At the end of the game after you see the cloning tanks you have to go through that gray holding cell...they loving rushed me while I was logged into the security console and I almost had a heart attack.

Those stupid loving greys! On one of my previous playthroughs I could hear one running around but I couldn't find it, so I said "gently caress it whatever" and continue what I was doing. A minute or two later I turn around and BAM there's a loving grey standing right behind me staring at me. One of the few times a game has ever startled me.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Greys can also kill you very, very quickly, so that helps them be freaky.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Captain Novolin posted:

Or just straight up get on the train and let Paul bitch at you.
Or hide in a vent and potshot the guards with tranq darts if you really feel like you must take down everyone. Or toss a gas grenade and go on a prodding spree, which is my favorite way to handle crowds on nonlethal. This game's all about options.

e: I don't think I've ever been attacked by a gray because the instant I see one, I'm filling them with as many bullets as I can as fast as possible.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

Carbohydrates posted:

Or hide in a vent and potshot the guards with tranq darts if you really feel like you must take down everyone. Or toss a gas grenade and go on a prodding spree, which is my favorite way to handle crowds on nonlethal. This game's all about options.

e: I don't think I've ever been attacked by a gray because the instant I see one, I'm filling them with as many bullets as I can as fast as possible.

or just shoot the tnt, gently caress the hostages.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

My method: EMP grenade -> gas grenade -> tranquilise everyone.

Not sure if it was just luck, but nobody blew up.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Stuntman posted:

Do you have a laser sight on your crossbow? When I attacked the subway the other day, I went to the middle vent, quickly took out the two guys I could see with head hits, reloaded, then jumped down and quickly took out the other 2 or 3 guys with head hits. You pretty much can't hope to do that without a laser sight, though, because the jump out of the vent will kill your accuracy.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BattleMaster posted:

Do you have a laser sight on your crossbow? When I attacked the subway the other day, I went to the middle vent, quickly took out the two guys I could see with head hits, reloaded, then jumped down and quickly took out the other 2 or 3 guys with head hits. You pretty much can't hope to do that without a laser sight, though, because the jump out of the vent will kill your accuracy.
How common are tranqs later on? I'm down to 6 and want to save them for an emergency.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
I was out of tranq darts when I attacked the subway, so I went the old gas + prod route. Only I shot up a vial of Zyme beforehand and went all matrix on their asses.

Shifter + biomod ofcourse, zyme is pretty great.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Stuntman posted:

How common are tranqs later on? I'm down to 6 and want to save them for an emergency.

There's a pretty big drought in the middle of the game, but at the beginning enemies commonly carry crossbows and there are plenty of spare darts scattered around the end-game.

In my non-lethal run I ended up having to seriously conserve darts until about X-51.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
I love the tranq. darts so much. I think my favourite thing to do is shoot someone with them, then just wait next to the alarm panel with the prod out.

The darts aren't crazily common later, but there are enough to allow for a healthy mix of prod/dart/baton. Not sure about Hong Kong, as I've just got there.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

The Supreme Court posted:

I love the tranq. darts so much. I think my favourite thing to do is shoot someone with them, then just wait next to the alarm panel with the prod out.

The darts aren't crazily common later, but there are enough to allow for a healthy mix of prod/dart/baton. Not sure about Hong Kong, as I've just got there.

They get pretty scarce around Hong Kong, but after France I find there are tons. I don't think I ever had to worry about them for the last 1/3 of the game.

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008
Turn out that if you don't report to manderley, you can follow simons into the interrogation cell. Killing the prisoners before he finishes interrogation
yields some pretty fun dialogue.

Also, you can block simons from shooting them, allowing at least one to run out.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

The Belgian posted:

Turn out that if you don't report to manderley, you can follow simons into the interrogation cell. Killing the prisoners before he finishes interrogation

Also, you can block simons from shooting them, allowing at least one to run out.

Try gassing them unconscious or tazing them before Simons can shoot them.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Belgian posted:

Jesus Christ, Denton!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

KillHour posted:

Greasels can fit in vents. :tinfoil:

greasels would make awesome pets

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Luigi Thirty posted:

Jesus Christ, Denton!

JC Denton, Jesus Christ Denton... :tinfoil:

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Jesus Christ, JC!

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

I just found out that you can block security lasers with crates to get past them.

This game. How the hell did they make it so good?

Stump Truck
Nov 26, 2007
Why? Yes
Wait, are you using shifter? Every time I've put crates in front of lasers it sets them off. I still need to try the fire extinguisher trick.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

Stump Truck posted:

Wait, are you using shifter? Every time I've put crates in front of lasers it sets them off. I still need to try the fire extinguisher trick.

It sets them off, but it also blocks them, so you can run off as the alarm goes off.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Blue lasers can be blocked, red lasers cannot!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Ansob. posted:

Our Lord Jesus Christ "Jesus Christ, Denton!" Denton.

:smuggo:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I just got around to watching that 43 minute speedrun video, when I noticed this in the credits:

:psypop:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

gggiiimmmppp posted:

I just got around to watching that 43 minute speedrun video, when I noticed this in the credits:

I was going to say something about sperging, but that seems like an inadequate term for this.

Mr Gnang
Jan 28, 2009

Spatial posted:

I just found out that you can block security lasers with crates to get past them.

This game. How the hell did they make it so good?

Did you also know fire extinguishers and pepper spray work too as long as you continuously spray?

This game, is the greatest game.

Fakeedit: These don't trip blue lasers either, red ones however are susceptible to everything ever.

Mr Gnang fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 17, 2010

Mr Gnang
Jan 28, 2009

gggiiimmmppp posted:

My persistence is augmented.

Holy crap though

newsomnuke
Feb 25, 2007

That's pretty standard for speed-running. Bear in mind many of those attempts will only be 3 seconds or so. Counting the attempts is pretty goony though.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
The Hong Kong map is so retarded I ended up making one myself. It's almost as retarded.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

The waterways seemed really complicated when I got there :psyduck:

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
During my dozens of playthroughs I've always wandered what happens if you ignore Tracer Tongs advice and on your second trip to versalife you go through the front door again.

I'm at that point now and those versalife bastards have changed the elavator code! Is the new code in game anywhere so you can legitamately go in that way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
It should still be the same code