Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good
Selling my Gorillapod SLR Focus, this is the beefiest Gorillapod that Joby makes, It holds my Canon 7D with 70-200 2.8 lens without breaking a sweat. I bought it since it was a small tripod that would fit in my motoryclce side cases but I ended up getting a compact carbon fiber tripod as well and this one has got to go. It's in new condition and has the adapter screw head so that you can either directly mount the camera or attach a ball head.

I bought it for $90 a few months ago but it seems prices have dropped on this and now people are selling it for $68 which kinda blows. I'll offer it to a fellow goon for SOLD.

PlasticSun fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 4, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Selling my Lowepro Inverse 100AW bag.

E: please keep conversation about it to that thread so I can keep things straight. :shobon:

SON OF EDIT: I'm always in the market for Four Thirds/Olympus OM glass, or anything for the E-30 body.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 4, 2010

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Cross_ posted:

Oh- I had no idea there was a centralized thread. Let me cross-post this...
----------

WTS:
Diffuse your hard flash light and make it Ultrasoft, using Lumiquest's diffuser.

Fits any flash unit that can be angled upwards. Needs a piece of velcro or a cinch strap for fastening- more information on the manufacturer's page: http://www.lumiquest.com/products/ultrasoft.htm

$23 shipped, pen not included :)

If you're still checking this thread, do you still have this? Contact is in my thread linked above.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

WTS: Canon 40D DSLR with Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 lens

Contact: I don't have platinum upgrade so I can be reached via AIM at soggybagel33 or my email at stammel @ gmail.com

I'm selling my lightly used Canon 40D with the Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 lens. Included with this camera will be a USB connection cable, one Canon battery, the charger, and a 4 and 2 gigabyte compact flash card.

I've owned the camera for about a year and a half now and have decided to sell it because I'm really not using the camera nearly as much as I thought I would. I'm trying to sell this as a bundle but if no one jumps I'll break it apart (body & lens).

800 dollars shipped. I'm located currently in Los Angeles though so if you live in the greater LA area we could probably work out a meet and greet situation.

Just ran the test. 4366 shutter actuations. Used this application: http://astrojargon.net/40dshuttercount.aspx

Please identify yourself with your forum name and that you are inquiring about the camera gear.

Click here for the full 492x759 image.

Click here for the full 555x696 image.

Click here for the full 453x625 image.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

E: I cheated. I bumped my price to 800 dollars from 750 because I realized shipping this camera and lens will be kind of expensive.

E2: ALL SOLD

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 08:23 on May 12, 2010

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

soggybagel posted:

Canon 40d

Dammit, why couldn't you have posted this a week ago? I just purchased a 40d with 61k actuations for $550, and that lens on yours is a $250+ lens so that's a hell of a price.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Dammit, why couldn't you have posted this a week ago? I just purchased a 40d with 61k actuations for $550, and that lens on yours is a $250+ lens so that's a hell of a price.

buy a second one! :v:

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

dik-dik posted:

buy a second one! :v:

I ought to try to sell mine (for a profit)and buy this one but I can't really deal with the hassle of trying to sell off the lens.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Believe me when I say I wish you didn't buy that one either. drat. I really want to try to sell this off asap.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

soggybagel posted:

Believe me when I say I wish you didn't buy that one either. drat. I really want to try to sell this off asap.

If you'll sell the body without the lens for $550 I'll buy it v:shobon:v

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Vykk.Draygo posted:

If you'll sell the body without the lens for $550 I'll buy it v:shobon:v

You sir, have a deal. If you see this, get on aim. I'll be on for a bit and we can chat about arranging shipment.

E: Otherwise just email me or of course we can talk in this thread.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 4, 2010

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

soggybagel posted:

You sir, have a deal. If you see this, get on aim. I'll be on for a bit and we can chat about arranging shipment.

E: Otherwise just email me or of course we can talk in this thread.

How's the condition of the camera? Any scratches or dings? Does it have the front cap so the shutter and mirror and stuff don't get dirty in transit?it's right there in the picture. The strap attached to it in the pictures comes with it right? There's nothing wrong with this camera whatsoever?

I won't be online again until ~6:00 pm EST (3:00 crazy west side time) but if the answers to all my questions are positive, I'll pay then. You can email me at vykk.draygo @ gmail.com or my SN is in my profile but I still won't be on that until tonight.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Edit: Rebel Xti sold via the work bulletin.

Haggins fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 7, 2010

Oprah Haza
Jan 25, 2008
That's my purse! I don't know you!
I know this is a bit of a long shot, but if anybody has a Vagabond II they are looking to unload, PM me.

Trintintin
Jun 27, 2006
So time to unload this CompactFlash card that I have laying around and not using. It has never been used, still in its original packaging, only opened once, never even put in a camera.
Its the Sandisk 16GB Extreme 60MB/s seen here (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/646867-REG/SanDisk_SDCFX_016G_A61_16GB_Extreme_CompactFlash_Memory.html).
Willing to sell straight out or trade for an equally priced SDHC card (higher speed preferred to higher memory).

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?

Trintintin posted:

So time to unload this CompactFlash card that I have laying around and not using. It has never been used, still in its original packaging, only opened once, never even put in a camera.
Its the Sandisk 16GB Extreme 60MB/s seen here (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/646867-REG/SanDisk_SDCFX_016G_A61_16GB_Extreme_CompactFlash_Memory.html).
Willing to sell straight out or trade for an equally priced SDHC card (higher speed preferred to higher memory).

Do you have an asking price? I might be interested in buying it.

Trintintin
Jun 27, 2006
Make an offer, I bought it at B&H for that exact price so let me know what you think is fair (no idea how to price it since its used, but really not used).

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Don't know if I'll get anything out of this, but I'm looking for a tentative deal on something like this. In other words, a Canon 50mm f1.4 lens. I don't have $300 to burn on it unfortunately so I figured I'd see if there were any used/cheaper alternatives to go with here. Thanks :shobon:

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

redjenova posted:

Don't know if I'll get anything out of this, but I'm looking for a tentative deal on something like this. In other words, a Canon 50mm f1.4 lens. I don't have $300 to burn on it unfortunately so I figured I'd see if there were any used/cheaper alternatives to go with here. Thanks :shobon:

The autofocus motor on those things loves to poo poo itself and die. If you can live with manual focus and stop down metering (I can), check eBay or KEH for an old Nikon, Olympus, M42, etc lens. You can probably come in under $100, the adapters only run $10-15 or so on eBay from Hong Kong/China.

The EF 50mm f/1.8 is also pretty darn respectable for $90 or so new. I've had mine for like 5 years. I use it as a lightweight, autofocus complement to my Olympus 55mm f/1.2 with an adapter.

Ziir
Nov 20, 2004

by Ozmaugh

moondabor posted:

Selling my Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 Nikon Mount (A16N, AF-Screw version). Comes with both caps, hood, papers, and box. I'm only selling it because I got the Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8.

Looking for $350 shipped. I also live in Los Angeles if you want to meet somewhere instead.

Is this still available?

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Pompous Rhombus posted:

The autofocus motor on those things loves to poo poo itself and die. If you can live with manual focus and stop down metering (I can), check eBay or KEH for an old Nikon, Olympus, M42, etc lens. You can probably come in under $100, the adapters only run $10-15 or so on eBay from Hong Kong/China.

The EF 50mm f/1.8 is also pretty darn respectable for $90 or so new. I've had mine for like 5 years. I use it as a lightweight, autofocus complement to my Olympus 55mm f/1.2 with an adapter.

Counterpoint: I've had mine for almost 5 years (purchased new in Nov 2005) and never had an issue with the autofocus that wasn't my own drat fault.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

pseudonordic posted:

Counterpoint: I've had mine for almost 5 years (purchased new in Nov 2005) and never had an issue with the autofocus that wasn't my own drat fault.

Me, also.

Dropped mine three feet onto hardwood floor, it hit on the edge of its hood (always on) and bounced right up back into my hand. Back on to camera, works like a charm.

Holy Dread!
Nov 17, 2006

cover your flesh... cover your flesh!
it's all sold, sorry goons!

Holy Dread! fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 18, 2010

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

Holy Dread! posted:

So I do some photography on the side as a hobby. My grandpa died about 3 years ago and left me all of his stuff. Apparently he was BIG in to photography as well in the '70s, but didn't do much when I was around.

Some of what he left me:

Bodies
*Canon F-1 body with Canon Power Winder F connected to it and the Canon Data Back F on it as well. In perfect condition, still shoots and everything.
*Canon A-1 body one with a Canon Power Winder A2 and Data Back A on it also.
*Another Canon A-1 body, no attachments or add-ons on this one. Both Canon A-1s are in perfect condition, not dents or scratches.
*Ricoh SLX 500 body, no idea what this is. It's really old and still works. I can't even find much about it online either. It has a huge lens with it (see attached picture).
Lenes
*Marexar 35-200 macro lens
*Spiratone Plura-Coat 20mm f/2.8 lens
*Canon 50mm lens
*Tokina 28-85mm lens
*Kalimar 35-105mm lens
Flashes
*Sunpak Auto 422 D Thyristor
*Sunpak auto30DX Thyristor
*Vivitar Auto Thyristor 283

I'm not sure if these are even worth much of anything. In searching around online it seems like the Canon F-1 body is still worth about $200, and the Canon A-1s are about $80 a piece. I know there are a lot of people out there still in to film photography, and this is some great equipment for that.

I'm willing to piece these out if you give me good offers. Let me know if you want anything and make your offers.

Email me at chris.dyson AT gmail DOT com with the offers or if you want more detailed pictures or info on the stuff. Thanks!

What is that lens with the bellows?

Holy Dread!
Nov 17, 2006

It's a Minolta Rokkor-TC f=135mm with a bellows. It seems to be the most worn of the bunch, it took be a bit just now to figure it out but it was fun.

As you can see in the last two, it has some wear. I think in the last one though it's a bit of a messy gluing job (I think?) by my grandpa :unsmith:

ease
Jul 19, 2004

HUGE
How much for that canon strap?

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

Holy Dread! posted:

It's a Minolta Rokkor-TC f=135mm with a bellows. It seems to be the most worn of the bunch, it took be a bit just now to figure it out but it was fun.

As you can see in the last two, it has some wear. I think in the last one though it's a bit of a messy gluing job (I think?) by my grandpa :unsmith:

That is really cool! I would hang onto some of that stuff if I were you. When my Grandfather died I got a bunch of (mostly broken) old cameras and I use them as bookends in my living room.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
D300 and four Nikon lenses for sale: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3303940

FasterThanLight
Mar 26, 2003

Holy Dread! posted:

Do you know what mount this is?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Kaluza-Klein posted:

D300 and four Nikon lenses for sale: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3303940

Fuuuuck being poor at all the wrong times!

Holy Dread!
Nov 17, 2006

FasterThanLight posted:

Do you know what mount this is?

It fits the Canon F-1 and A-1, so I'm guessing FD?

SquallStrife
Jan 20, 2009

"The Goon" by Metanaut.

Holy Dread! posted:

Lenes
*Marexar 35-200 macro lens
*Canon 50mm lens
*Tokina 28-85mm lens
*Kalimar 35-105mm lens

Which lens is the one second from the right?

It looks like it'd be a fairly fast one.

In any case, interested in the Canon 50mm lens. $40 plus postage to Australia?

Holy Dread!
Nov 17, 2006

ease posted:

How much for that canon strap?

Shoot me an offer at the email in the post and we'll get it done.

Holy Dread!
Nov 17, 2006

SquallStrife posted:

Which lens is the one second from the right?

It looks like it'd be a fairly fast one.

In any case, interested in the Canon 50mm lens. $40 plus postage to Australia?

That is the Tokina 28-85mm lens.

Send me an email about the Canon, I have about 2-3 other people that are also interested, if those fall through or your offer is better, I'll let you know via email.

Ziir
Nov 20, 2004

by Ozmaugh
Just got my graduation presents and still looking for a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 for my Nikon before I buy it from Amazon.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Ziir posted:

Just got my graduation presents and still looking for a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 for my Nikon before I buy it from Amazon.

I have a Nikon AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED for sale here :D.

Ziir
Nov 20, 2004

by Ozmaugh

Kaluza-Klein posted:

I have a Nikon AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED for sale here :D.

Thanks, but that's not what I'm looking for :(.

Ziir
Nov 20, 2004

by Ozmaugh
Gonna bump this and add my AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR kit lens. It's in great condition and has no scratches or nicks on the glass or body. Len caps stay on the lens at all times when not in use. It's just a bit dusty in the picture for some reason.

Buy me so I can buy the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 :(.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Selling: Canon 24-70 f/2.8L for 1200$ including shipping to canada and the states (but not like, hawaii), just PM me and we'll work it out.

It includes a UV Filter and a hoya circ-polarizer. Bag, box, hood, caps, warranty (which is good until august). I took a lot of care of this thing, but it's redundant in my kit now. I've moved to primes.

If you do weddings, walk arounds, and things of that nature, you'll love this lens. I treated it super well because it was my second L, and for the past 4 months it's been at home being pretty much rejected. I could use money for school, so I'm selling it! There is a small nick near the holy-red-line, from a chance encounter with a 70-200 in my bag. Works perfectly, sharp as a tack, and the glass is pristine.

forest spirit fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 17, 2010

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

WTB:

Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 for Canon EOS mount.

pm me or email photos@jyotirmoydas.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
Selling off my Nikon D80 kit and my Nikon SB-600 flash

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3305502

• Locked thread