Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THESE SOCKS?
Sep 27, 2004

BorderPatrol posted:

My host was generous enough to drop the bitrate from 64kbps to 48kbps and double my listener limit, so everyone should be able to listen now. I can't tell any difference in the sound, so enjoy!

Thanks! I, for one, really appreciate this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

BorderPatrol posted:

My host was generous enough to drop the bitrate from 64kbps to 48kbps and double my listener limit, so everyone should be able to listen now. I can't tell any difference in the sound, so enjoy!

Thanks again for doing this. Works great from home, but sadly my work blocks that streaming port for whatever reason.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

BinaryW00kie posted:

Thanks again for doing this. Works great from home, but sadly my work blocks that streaming port for whatever reason.

Do the block the port on the site, or that port in general?

You could try http://welp.im:8135 , it's the same stream.

mfaley
Jul 30, 2005
Most rape is bad
Thank you so much for the stream. It's made my life better.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I know you posted this before, but just to make sure people know:

You can listen on your iPhone and probably iPod touch and iPad!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

drat NIGGA posted:

I know you posted this before, but just to make sure people know:

You can listen on your iPhone and probably iPod touch and iPad!

Also, Tunewiki or Streamfurious on the Android works great for it!

The stream is a standard Shoutcast stream and it's also in the Shoutcast directory, so anything that supports it will work. I have my Chumby play Loveline at night, just like old times :3:

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 14, 2010

BiscuitErsedRenton
May 28, 2006

Depression, boredom... You feel so fucking low, you want to fucking top yourself.
You are truly doing the Lord's work.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Welp, we hit the 100 listener limit today already :suicide:

Although we're hoving around 40-60 listeners average so it's not all bad ... for now.

malefactor
Jul 23, 2006

by T. Finn

BorderPatrol posted:

Also, Tunewiki or Streamfurious on the Android works great for it!

The stream is a standard Shoutcast stream and it's also in the Shoutcast directory, so anything that supports it will work. I have my Chumby play Loveline at night, just like old times :3:

http://www.yourmuze.fm/stations_list

http://www.yourmuze.fm/node/38736

You sign up for free (whole site is 100% free) and then you add loveline to your station list. Then go to the mobile site with your cell phone and click loveline.

enjoy

Lizzy
Jun 4, 2006

IRON MAN
31/10 never forget
hey on behalf of all goony goons I'd like to say thanks boarderpatrol for the stream!

Anyway does anyone remember the loveline partner rating scale? I know it was in the book but I can't find my copy and google Isn't being friendly. It went something like

Guys
Status
Confidence
Attractiveness
Personality

Girls
Body
Face
Personality
???
???

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Okay, this is my first time listening to Loveline itself in the past year and a half or so, and I'm not super-impressed with Psycho Mike. He really reminds me of Stryker, mostly because both men are so desperate to be perceived as funny. I could warm up to him, but right now, I'm seeing him as a lateral move from Stryker.

edit: The Rudy bit has potential, and I laughed a couple of times. Still, this guy isn't long-term, is he?

Majorian fucked around with this message at 07:00 on May 17, 2010

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Majorian posted:

He really reminds me of Stryker, mostly because both men are so desperate to be perceived as funny.

Right as I read this, I thought of his "Rudy" character, and how irritating I find him. Then I said, "nah, let's tune in now, give Mike another chance."

...guess what Mike was doing at that instant?

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C8o7mlMFJY

Best veal/venison response ever.

Instrumedley
Aug 13, 2009

Majorian posted:

Still, this guy isn't long-term, is he?

He is.

But just like Stryker, I bet he'll be gone within three years.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Instrumedley posted:

He is.

But just like Stryker, I bet he'll be gone within three years.

Uuuuuuugh. Welp, there's another three years of me not listening to Loveline, then.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
Stryker had a certain smugness attached to his insecurities, which made him insufferable compared to adam's self-effacing self-aggrandizing. does psycho mike have that morning-DJ arrogance too?

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I really doubt that Loveline will last another 3 years. Probably barely another year.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

One would think it shouldn't be too tough for them to pick up a decent comedian to fill in the spot. I'm still a little mystified that they didn't pick up one of the comics that filled in for Adam during his last couple weeks, like Daniel Tosh. DAG probably wouldn't have worked, given how difficult he apparently can be to work with, but they still had some folks in there that would have been lightyears better than Stryker or Psycho Mike.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

malefactor posted:

http://www.yourmuze.fm/stations_list

http://www.yourmuze.fm/node/38736

You sign up for free (whole site is 100% free) and then you add loveline to your station list. Then go to the mobile site with your cell phone and click loveline.

enjoy

Thanks for this. I also noticed a second loveline stream.

http://www.yourmuze.fm/node/36292

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Majorian posted:

One would think it shouldn't be too tough for them to pick up a decent comedian to fill in the spot. I'm still a little mystified that they didn't pick up one of the comics that filled in for Adam during his last couple weeks, like Daniel Tosh. DAG probably wouldn't have worked, given how difficult he apparently can be to work with, but they still had some folks in there that would have been lightyears better than Stryker or Psycho Mike.

Ira Glass

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

CatchrNdRy posted:

Ira Glass

Oh God, wouldn't that be the greatest?

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Majorian posted:

Oh God, wouldn't that be the greatest?

Am I the only person who hates the fact that Ira Glass talks on This American Life? I hate his voice with a passion.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Brekelefuw posted:

Am I the only person who hates the fact that Ira Glass talks on This American Life? I hate his voice with a passion.
Agreed.

Actually, what I'd really like to hear is DAG co-hosting This American Life.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Brekelefuw posted:

two soft spoken, well-educated, agreeable secular Jews attempt to inform and bestow a sense of moral agency on a 15 year old stoned girl who can't stop loving 45 year old men

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

chemosh6969 posted:

Thanks for this. I also noticed a second loveline stream.

http://www.yourmuze.fm/node/36292

Yup, that's the stream for all current live shows.

KING OF BLOGOSPHERE
Aug 26, 2008

NBC released their full fall schedule and it doesn't look like Adam's pilot got picked up:
http://www.nbc.com/upcoming-shows/

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

KING OF BLOGOSPHERE posted:

NBC released their full fall schedule and it doesn't look like Adam's pilot got picked up:
http://www.nbc.com/upcoming-shows/
Wow, other than Community, there's not a goddamned thing on that list that remotely appeals to me.

Not that I would have watched Adam's show either -- network-friendly comedies haven't really done anything for me since the mid-90's (Community being the obvious exception).

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

It would have had Oswaldo though :(

Supposed to be a single-camera setup as well a la The Office or Sunny though, so it might have been pretty cool.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 17, 2010

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

WhiteHowler posted:

Wow, other than Community, there's not a goddamned thing on that list that remotely appeals to me.

Not that I would have watched Adam's show either -- network-friendly comedies haven't really done anything for me since the mid-90's (Community being the obvious exception).

30 Rock is still funny. Adam should just go with cable. I won't watch it unless it's on Hulu anyway and I don't really notice which networks the shows originate from anyway.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BorderPatrol posted:

It would have had Oswaldo though :(

Megan Hilty, too; I saw her in "Wicked" a couple years back. Good actress, good singer.

Yes, this is the gayest post in this thread.

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn
Loveline is dead, guys. There's not a single person they could bring in to save it. Not even Adam, because he's horrifically unfunny nowadays.

Just keep listening to the old episodes. There's enough of them to keep you occupied for a long, long time.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Liface posted:

Loveline is dead, guys. There's not a single person they could bring in to save it. Not even Adam, because he's horrifically unfunny nowadays.

Just keep listening to the old episodes. There's enough of them to keep you occupied for a long, long time.

Yes, I agree. In fact, I'm beginning to think about starting from 2000 again; the last time I listened through the archives, they lasted me for well over two years.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Did they ever say why Stryker got fired? Besides him sucking anyway.

Was there any sort of blowup or did they just not renew his contract. Does he sit in for Mike?

Maybe some dirt will get me interested in this show again.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Yes, I agree. In fact, I'm beginning to think about starting from 2000 again; the last time I listened through the archives, they lasted me for well over two years.

why not start even earlier, I personally prefer the 90s era calls, the host-caller dynamics are timeless and pretty much the same from 1996 to 2005.

i usually alternate an 90s era ep and a later one. someone had mentioned this before, but the callers from the 90s before Loveline got really popular are much more hosed up and less self-aware. a lot of the 2003 and later callers, clearly grew up with the show and are gushing fans, which I feel lowers the random, crapshoot feel of earlier era calls.

The pacing is much smoother in the later episodes, and digressions somewhat controlled. Unfortunately as time goes on Adam's bootstraps rants are also more frequent and start to sound like the unfunny, cringeworthy drivel on the ACS.

Early Adam, pointless anecdotes about living like a pathetic slob.
Later Adam, pointless anecdotes about celebrities.

piecing together every single episode of the Adam-Drew era should be a priority for today's archeologist.

Surgeon General
May 26, 2004
Delightfully Mad

Evil Agita posted:

Did they ever say why Stryker got fired? Besides him sucking anyway.

Was there any sort of blowup or did they just not renew his contract. Does he sit in for Mike?

Maybe some dirt will get me interested in this show again.

His explanation was about how, with the economy being so bad, the station has to cut its budget and let him go.

Drew gives off this very distinct, "this is bullshit, but I like being nice" vibe sometimes, like when Joe Francis is explaining himself. You could very clearly feel that when Stryker was giving his going away speech.

Surgeon General fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 18, 2010

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn

CatchrNdRy posted:

why not start even earlier, I personally prefer the 90s era calls, the host-caller dynamics are timeless and pretty much the same from 1996 to 2005.

I agree, 1996 had some quality episodes that are WAY overlooked, and more of them are found every month.

Although one time I stumbled on one that was very early 1996 and Adam was actually caring about the show and acting interested in the guests. It was incredibly scary. Must have been from his first month or so solo with Dr. Drew.

http://mahalo.30.forumer.com/index.php?s=949a89bfb637d5408bedc80d9953ee04&showtopic=17527
I recommend visiting this thread from time to time, Giovanni posts the new episodes he has unearthed.

Hormones
May 9, 2009

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

I'm working my way through 2002 right now. Just hit the first episode where Adam and Drew really took notice to the smoke detectors. Incredible.

Instrumedley
Aug 13, 2009

Liface posted:

Even if there was a person who would do well as a cohost, I still don't think it would save the show. Dr. Drew has sounded pretty jaded with the show lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Maybe Drew's drained by his 500 TV shows.

• Locked thread