Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Primo Itch posted:

I thought about buying some used upside down forks on ebay...

But that means i'd have to buy the whole front of a bike : triples, wheel center (no idea how it's called in english) and the brakes... Put the price of shipping and the 60% import taxes and it becomes way to expensive, especially considering that those skinny things do their job fairly well...
The forks don't look bad or anything, just weirdly skinny is all. Also the wheel centers are called hubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!

Jabs posted:

You forgot the 'before' picture from your old post...

Geez i forgot i had posted it here. I guess it was in the "what did you do to your bike today" thread, when i took it into parts some long 6 months ago

niethan posted:

The forks don't look bad or anything, just weirdly skinny is all. Also the wheel centers are called hubs.

But it would look soo amazing with upside down forks :allears: They're 32mm forks if i recall right, which isn't that skinny. I do have some nice sumo fork covers which could make it look fatter, i'll put them on this weekend to see how it looks like. Thought i do like the "as little as possible" look in it right now...

And thanks on the hub thing :)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Wow, especially seeing the before pic, it looks great. I really like the blacked out engine and the bars...usually paint like that looks goofy as hell because it doesn't match properly across the bike, but obviously a lot of work went into that, nicely done.

The center part of the wheel is usually called the "hub" in english. :)

Edit: gently caress, new page, missed that.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Primo Itch posted:

It's a little intimidating posting my little buddy with you guys all posting those big powerful bikes, but after all the work i've done in it i'll bite...

formerly abandoned 2004 yamaha serow turned into fully moded sumo serow... Almost everything done at home :)

gently caress you that thing is awesome. Excellent job.

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot
I finally entered the 21st century and picked up a 2001 BMW F650GS. I really wanted a Honda Transalp but they're just so uncommon around here and I got tired of waiting for a good one to show up. So this bike was up for sale for a while locally and it was too good a deal to pass up.

I rationalized it by convincing myself that each of my bikes must have been modern at some point.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Best motorcycle I ever owned. Feels glass smooth

All my toys

Ignore the Buick GS as it belongs to my roomates boyfriend. Under the engine hoist is a new stock twin turbo two rotor to replace the one in my friends 93 RX7 that he blew last year

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Or course you would get an awesome bike that I want

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

Ignore the Buick GS

No. :colbert:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

All my toys

Ignore the Buick GS as it belongs to my roomates boyfriend. Under the engine hoist is a new stock twin turbo two rotor to replace the one in my friends 93 RX7 that he blew last year

gently caress you and sigtrap and your VFR owning asses. :argh:

i want one so bad :smith:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

All my toys

Are you bringing that Wednesday?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Primo Itch posted:

I'm digging the murdered-out with teal frame look. Nice work!

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

lancemantis posted:

Are you bringing that Wednesday?

Yes depending on work/whether

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

:drool:

Nice bike.

One of these days, I'll actually post my 98 that I've had for awhile now.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

cheesebot posted:

I finally entered the 21st century and picked up a 2001 BMW F650GS. I really wanted a Honda Transalp but they're just so uncommon around here and I got tired of waiting for a good one to show up. So this bike was up for sale for a while locally and it was too good a deal to pass up.

I rationalized it by convincing myself that each of my bikes must have been modern at some point.

How do you like the 650? I've been dreaming about one for awhile, but I'll probably get a KLR instead.

More pics of it?

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot

MrZig posted:

How do you like the 650? I've been dreaming about one for awhile, but I'll probably get a KLR instead.

More pics of it?

I like it so far but it's very different from what I'm used to. Before this my newest bike was a '71 BMW /5 and the only singles I have are small two-strokes. I've only had it a few days but I put a couple hundred miles on it and it feels solid on the highway, nimble enough on the side roads and hard dirt and when we went to the beach a bit heavy for the soft sand (with the bags). The gearing must be really low because I was in second on some dirt and my gf on her DRZ was still in the friction zone in first (or maybe the DRZ gearing is high - I gotta look this up).

Here are a couple pics from Saturday's ride to the beach.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
I can't believe I haven't gotten around to this yet.

My SR250, both bikes, and Jendywo's XS400 (though we're going our separate ways, and so, I suppose, are our bikes...)

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 18, 2010

Rontalvos
Feb 22, 2006

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

1980 Honda CB750F

Bought this last week, bought a new battery today, am looking at buying new pipes ASAP because the current 4-1 straight through pipe makes it the loudest bike I have ever heard.

My MSF certificate needs to arrive in the mail so I can get my license already, I can't start riding every day until I can go on the freeway. :argh:

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Jabs posted:

My SR250, both bikes, and Jendywo's XS400 (though we're going our separate ways, and so, I suppose, are our bikes...)
I'm sorry about you two splitting up but at least that'll mean you won't mention JENDYWO every single post like you did until now.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

niethan posted:

I'm sorry about you two splitting up but at least that'll mean you won't mention JENDYWO every single post like you did until now.

Nah he will it'll just be in a wistful, formerly romantical sense. CA-E/N, ya know.

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Motorcycle relationships are a fragile thing. "You just don't have the horsepower you used to..."

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Primo Itch posted:

It's a little intimidating posting my little buddy with you guys all posting those big powerful bikes, but after all the work i've done in it i'll bite...

formerly abandoned 2004 yamaha serow turned into fully moded sumo serow... Almost everything done at home :)

Holy poo poo, I just noticed you're from Porto Alegre. How goes it, fellow Brasilian?

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

niethan posted:

I'll make up for it by mentioning Modify_Evolution.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Tsaven Nava posted:

I'll make up for it by mentioning Modify_Evolution.
And Z3n, Bunway_Airlines "My FIANCEE" :v:

Rontalvos posted:

My MSF certificate needs to arrive in the mail so I can get my license already, I can't start riding every day until I can go on the freeway. :argh:
In the mail? I walked out with a card that I take to the DMV... Weird.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Jabs posted:

And Z3n, Bunway_Airlines "My FIANCEE" :v:
In the mail? I walked out with a card that I take to the DMV... Weird.

Half the time, habit takes over and I still call her my g/f. I get poo poo about it constantly. :v:

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Z3n posted:

Half the time, habit takes over and I still call her my g/f. I get poo poo about it constantly. :v:

I did that for a good 4 months into my marriage. First I couldn't stop with girlfriend when we were engaged, then I couldn't stop with fiancee when we were married. Eventually you realize pet names are far easier to remember than their designation or name.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
I still find myself in the Jr High School mindset of being "Holy poo poo, I have a girlfriend. Like, a real one! AND I CAN PLAY WITH HER BOOBS" :smug:

And then needing to announce it to the world because I'm still sort of shocked by it.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
^^^ :hfive:

"ZOMG a woman who bore me children...ON PURPOSE!" :aaaaa:

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Tsaven Nava posted:

I still find myself in the Jr High School mindset of being "Holy poo poo, I have a girlfriend. Like, a real one! AND I CAN PLAY WITH HER BOOBS" :smug:

And then needing to announce it to the world because I'm still sort of shocked by it.
I'm not entirely sure that mindset ever goes away.
<-- 42, and still does that announcing thing (clearly, with all the poo poo I get over mentioning my STBXGF who also RIDES A MOTORCYCLE).

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

MrZig posted:

More pics of it?

I have an '06. I like mine quite a bit. It's relatively quick, easy to ride (seating position, etc), good ergos, and gets great gas mileage (never got worse than 60, often 65+ and sometimes 70+mpg). Strangely enough even though it's a thumper it makes all it's power up top, anything under 3k and it's a bog-asaurus rex. 5K to redline (~7500) it actually pulls pretty good.

What I don't really like about it is the lack of torque down low, and the fuel injection on-off throttle sucks, I end up having to feather the clutch a lot.

Aside from that I consider it to be in the running for one of the best all-around bikes. Light enough to be nimble and handle pretty well, comfortable ergos, touring options (2up is ok, but you have to keep it revved to be able to go anywhere), quick enough to get out of the way, and sips fuel.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
This thread is creepy

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Holy poo poo, I just noticed you're from Porto Alegre. How goes it, fellow Brasilian?

It's starting to get cold and wet... gently caress i hate winter :( Anyways, always nice to find brazilians around here :)

Rontalvos posted:

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

1980 Honda CB750F

Bought this last week, bought a new battery today, am looking at buying new pipes ASAP because the current 4-1 straight through pipe makes it the loudest bike I have ever heard.

This bike has the most beautiful sound EVER! If you're buying new pipes, please don't buy really silent ones... These babies were made to roar :)

Rontalvos
Feb 22, 2006

Primo Itch posted:

This bike has the most beautiful sound EVER! If you're buying new pipes, please don't buy really silent ones... These babies were made to roar :)
I'm buying a set of stock pipes pulled from a parts bike, buuut I'm going to keep the 4-1 because the incredible racket is growing on me, but I plan on doing a few 3+ hour trips this summer and I'll be deaf after the first one if I don't change pipes.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Post pics of your bikes, you creepy twerps.

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006

Rontalvos posted:

I'm buying a set of stock pipes pulled from a parts bike, buuut I'm going to keep the 4-1 because the incredible racket is growing on me, but I plan on doing a few 3+ hour trips this summer and I'll be deaf after the first one if I don't change pipes.

If your worry is only one trip here and there, maybe an easier solution ? I've never done it, but i can imagine swapping pipes on a 4 cilinder to be a real hassle...

edit : sorry if this isn't "we do it with two" material... :shobon:

Primo Itch fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 20, 2010

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

sigtrap posted:

Post pics of your bikes, you creepy twerps.

What if I'm not a twerp?

Sir.Tucker
Sep 17, 2006

For the Workforce!
The only real picture I have right now, I'll take a new one tomorrow.

This is while I was cleaning it this past weekend and trying to dampen some of the vibrations from the body pieces.

1992 Yamaha XJ600 Seca II.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

modify_evolution
Jan 21, 2010

Tsaven Nava posted:

Dude. Shut up. Everyone's gonna hate me.
Also, me hugging my bike:

Click here for the full 1000x750 image.

I have not ridden it yet. I just passed the MSF course today and I didn't want my mansplaining, boob-grabbing boyfriend to teach me.

modify_evolution fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 20, 2010

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!
Plastics removed for coolant flush...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Doctor Zero posted:

What if I'm not a twerp?

Not a twerp, but possibly still creepy, what with the pose with The Biscuit Lady.

We will miss her, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
This is a blow to all biscuit lovers.