Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

ToastyPotato posted:

Not really. Some people were whiney, others weren't. Time Bandit is heading into rough seas while trying to get home. Also, they ran over one of Keith's pots and it got stuck for a bit under the boat.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Really the only notable things were the Time Bandit knocking around one of Keith's pots and Phil threatening Jake to get off his boat after missing a pot during retrieval.

Also the Kodiak captain yelled at a deckhand after he made comments about him behind his back but that's pretty much all he does anyways. Just a ho-hum episode all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrDingleDangle
Apr 15, 2005

The win of a lifetime, twice.
yeah last nights was pretty boring episode, but that plus the fact that I don't think there were any previews means something goes down next week.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Pffh, that car isn't "destoryed". She just managed to turn it into a convertible, that's all.

Guy Compton
Mar 29, 2007

IRQ posted:

Onto something even more stupid!

Another duct tape episode!

Do you own a crystal ball or something?

Is it just me, or is Kari looking quite a bit thinner in this episode?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Guy Compton posted:

Do you own a crystal ball or something?

No, I just saw the preview they aired after last week's episode. :v:

But this has actually not sucked that much to be honest.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Guy Compton posted:

Yeah, she looks great. Her bigger boobs are some nice additions, too. :v:

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

How far behind is Mythbusters anyways? I was arguing about the waterslide video last summer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Crows Turn Off posted:

Yeah, she looks great. Her bigger boobs are some nice additions, too. :v:

Motherhood has been very kind to her looks.

As for the episode, eh. This is obviously another "light" episode. The first failure for the duct tape car stop was pretty spectacular though. Especially funny how the battery went flying way out of the car.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

change my name posted:

How far behind is Mythbusters anyways? I was arguing about the waterslide video last summer.

6ish months, I think.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Worst Case Scenario is ridiculous.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

iastudent posted:

Pffh, that car isn't "destoryed". She just managed to turn it into a convertible, that's all.
Yeah, I was hoping that the car would have been completely cut in half at least.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Fire Storm posted:

Yeah, I was hoping that the car would have been completely cut in half at least.

I don't know if I'd go as far as bifurcating the engine (let's be realistic, folks), but something like the air intake hose or the radiator getting dislodged and having to hold it on with duct tape would make for a somewhat believable mechanical situation.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

iastudent posted:

I don't know if I'd go as far as bifurcating the engine (let's be realistic, folks), but something like the air intake hose or the radiator getting dislodged and having to hold it on with duct tape would make for a somewhat believable mechanical situation.
Sorry, I meant between the front seats and the back seats. That way, if the duct tape failed, the front of the car could still drive away.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

The waterslide myth on this week's Mythbusters might be good for laughs, but the "save gas by only making right-hand turns" one should be easy to conclude with five minutes of serious thought.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

iastudent posted:

The waterslide myth on this week's Mythbusters might be good for laughs, but the "save gas by only making right-hand turns" one should be easy to conclude with five minutes of serious thought.
I read an article in Wired about UPS planning their routes to heavily favor right turns, and it supposedly does save a significant amount of fuel.

the-jam
May 20, 2003

Kick Out the MC5

WhiteHowler posted:

I read an article in Wired about UPS planning their routes to heavily favor right turns, and it supposedly does save a significant amount of fuel.
Probably more from reduced wait times at intersections than savings from the turns themselves.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

the-jam posted:

Probably more from reduced wait times at intersections than savings from the turns themselves.
Yeah, that's the general idea. I'm not sure exactly what Mythbusters is going to test for.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

WhiteHowler posted:

This is true.

the-jam posted:

Those trucks spend a considerable amount of fuel just idling so fuel is a factor.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Tonight's episode marks the end of king crab season, doesn't it? Probably another 2-3 weeks then until we reach Phil's passing.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

iastudent posted:

Tonight's episode marks the end of king crab season, doesn't it? Probably another 2-3 weeks then until we reach Phil's passing.

Like I said earlier, it all depends on how they edit it because Phil died late in opie season. Not counting all the "Best of/Behind the Scenes" episodes, there's 10 episodes of opies to go through so Phil's passing is at best probably a month away and more likely 6-8 weeks away.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Watching Phil is really sad this season. He's up there being awesome as usual, but also smoking and poo poo and you know living hard killed him. :(

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

And yet another mishap with the Cornelia Marie's systems. You'd almost have to think it's a metaphor for Phil himself... :(

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Everything they've added this season makes it more and more morbid. All of these fights and problems and particularly certain phrases he utters that, under different circumstances, wouldn't be the same thing but are now so ominous.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I sort of already guessed that the water slide myth was CGI, but I actually found the work on that myth somewhat entertaining tonight. More so than the last few they've done.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What was with that super dramatic music they played when Adam actually hit the target though?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

What was with that super dramatic music they played when Adam actually hit the target though?

I think I missed that part, I'll catch the rerun in a couple hours.

Also, I agree with Worst Case Scenario being garbage but I'm still watching it anyways for some reason. The first one they covered tonight was Bear driving down a mountainside road with malfunctioning brakes. I have to wonder whether he was really behind the wheel the whole time or if they just used stock outside footage for the in-cabin shots and used a stunt driver for the exterior ones.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Something about Bear Grylls using parkour to escape wild dogs and downed power lines is compelling beyond reason.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Is it wrong when I saw the coming up segment announce a daytime break-in that I thought the homeowner didn't invest in Brinks security?

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

On this week's Deadliest Catch I felt they finally conveyed the absolute massive POWER of the waves that are out in the Bering Sea. The Time Bandit "surfing" like that was pretty much jaw dropping for me.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Geez, what a cop out. After the last segment I was hoping to see Bear pretend to bust a kneecap on some burglar.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

iastudent posted:

Is it wrong when I saw the coming up segment announce a daytime break-in that I thought the homeowner didn't invest in Brinks security?

Only if the homeowner is a woman.

Guy Compton
Mar 29, 2007

Freddy's wearing a helmet cam on top of the pot stack. Cool. I can't remember if they've done that before.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

So I saw during Deadliest Catch last night that Discovery is trying to fill the outdoorsman hole left behind by Survivorman & Man vs. Wild with this "Dual Survival" show.

Somehow I have an uncanny feeling it's gonna focus more on the interaction (read: arguing) between the two survivors rather than the actual surviving itself.

koruptid
Jan 26, 2008
:haw:

iastudent posted:

So I saw during Deadliest Catch last night that Discovery is trying to fill the outdoorsman hole left behind by Survivorman & Man vs. Wild with this "Dual Survival" show.
Man vs. Wild isn't done, is it?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought there was supposed to be a new episode of Mythbusters this week?

Also something I was wondering, a while back (like a year or two) they made a big point about doing a complete redesign of Buster however it seems like they've moved back to just a regular crash test dummy in recent episodes.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I thought there was supposed to be a new episode of Mythbusters this week?

Nope, right now is the repeat of the two hour Demolition Derby special. New Worst Case Scenario tonight, though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I could have sworn they had a "New Mythbusters Wednesday" bug during the marathon Sunday.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Also something I was wondering, a while back (like a year or two) they made a big point about doing a complete redesign of Buster however it seems like they've moved back to just a regular crash test dummy in recent episodes.

I think those were just the simulaids. They're more like flexible mannequins with correct weighting to simulate human mass than an actual crash test dummy. They also don't have the heavy interior joints to withstand impacts.

By now, they probably get a massive discount on buying them to the point where it's just cheaper to use them rather than deal with Buster constantly falling apart.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Gorilla Salad posted:

I think those were just the simulaids. They're more like flexible mannequins with correct weighting to simulate human mass than an actual crash test dummy. They also don't have the heavy interior joints to withstand impacts.

By now, they probably get a massive discount on buying them to the point where it's just cheaper to use them rather than deal with Buster constantly falling apart.

Plus I'm certain they still have O.G. Buster's face lying around that they can put on any dummy that needs to be Buster that day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Worst Case Scenario is actually surprising me with the amount of factual advice it's giving, like with tonight in the falling elevator (avoid crawling to the top of the elevator if the cables are threatening to snap, brace yourself on the floor if it starts falling, etc.)

• Locked thread