Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Djarum posted:

DCUC Wave 15!

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News

Martian Manhunter, Jack Knight Starman and Raven. I may cream myself.

drat, I'm gonna actually have to set foot in my K-Mart. I'll probably get shot. Also Xeno I have the Dark Trooper, Shaak Ti, Jaina, and Jacen for you if you still need them. Took them forever to open the next case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

drat, I'm gonna actually have to set foot in my K-Mart. I'll probably get shot. Also Xeno I have the Dark Trooper, Shaak Ti, Jaina, and Jacen for you if you still need them. Took them forever to open the next case.
Woo, awesome! I've been checking my local TRU every few days, and they've still got jack poo poo.

A bit of a request, but if there's multiples of those figures in the case, would you be able to pick out the "best" ones? You know, non-sloppy paint app, eyes not looking in different directions, things like that.
If that's not an option then don't worry about it, beggars can't be choosers after all. :)

Let me know how much it'll cost with shipping and everything, and I can pay you via paypal or whatever. :)

Thanks again!

Edit-- actually, the more I think about it, the less I care about the Jacen figure.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 10:06 on May 19, 2010

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

SDCC Exclusive Time:
http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2010/05/hasbro-marvel-san-diego-comic-con-exclusives-press-pics-toyfare-155

All are Marvel Universe Figures.
19" Galactus that lights up.
Age of Thunder Thor
Ultimate Capt America

I can't be the only one getting sick of Cap. I know he's awesome and everything but we don't need a billion versions of him. I understand sending a billion versions to market but for SDCC, try and pick something a little more imaginative I guess.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
And Hasbro couldn't produce a badass 6" Galactus for Legends years ago whyyyy...?

edit: poo poo, or any of the great MU sculpts for Legends. Assholes.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

That Galactus is getting retail release in a box set with silver surfer in the fall, but I love the idea of the SDCC packaging: just one giant 2 foot tall MU card.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Hah whoops, the MU card threw me off, though it was a 6" Galactus, not the 2 + ft. tall Galactus packed in with Silver Surfer.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Fish Of Doom posted:

That Galactus is getting retail release in a box set with silver surfer in the fall, but I love the idea of the SDCC packaging: just one giant 2 foot tall MU card.

Wow I think I saw the original packaging was gonna be a box.. but this 2 foot tall MU card is loving hilarious. Even if I didn't want it, I would have bought it just for its sheer ridiculousness!

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
FINALLY!

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=Diamond%2FMS_Juggernaut&pic=Juggernaut.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

quote:

A Diamond Select Release! Sculpted by Gentle Giant! The ranks of the best-selling Marvel Select line expand to include one of the deadliest mutants ever — the unstoppable Juggernaut! Sculpted by Gentle Giant Studios and standing a massive 7" tall, the Juggernaut is the latest release in DST’s in-scale, oversized Marvel Select figures! Charles Xavier's half-brother, Cain Marko, is ready to join Magneto in the fight against the X-Men — and anyone else that stands in their way! Featuring Marvel Select’s standard 16 points of articulation, The Juggernaut — and the sans-helmet chase variant figure — are the textbook definition of “unstoppable”!

Look for it to hit comic shops by August 2011 with a SRP of $19.99.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

:itjb: I'll have to grab that one

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Woo, awesome! I've been checking my local TRU every few days, and they've still got jack poo poo.

A bit of a request, but if there's multiples of those figures in the case, would you be able to pick out the "best" ones? You know, non-sloppy paint app, eyes not looking in different directions, things like that.
If that's not an option then don't worry about it, beggars can't be choosers after all. :)

Let me know how much it'll cost with shipping and everything, and I can pay you via paypal or whatever. :)

Thanks again!

Edit-- actually, the more I think about it, the less I care about the Jacen figure.

Sadly there are only 1 of each of the main 6 in the case but I'll pull Jacen outa the stack and just send you the other 3. Shoot me an e-mail at ragemack at gmail dot com with your shipping address so I can get you a price quote.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 20, 2010

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

Sadly there are only 1 of each of the main 6 in the case but I'll pull Jacen outa the stack and just send you the other 3. Shoot me an e-mail at ragemack at gmail dot com with your shipping address so I can get you a price quote.
Email sent!

I can only hope the other 3 figures don't have completely ridiculously terrible paint apps or something. :saddowns: I've rarely had problems with Star Wars figures so it likely won't be an issue.

Thanks again for finding these for me! I really appreciate it. :hfive:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Shocker Toys has unveiled 3D computer images of some upcoming 6" figures, including two that would seriously tempt me: the Hunter Rose Grendel and the Golden Age (public domain) Blue Beetle.

http://www.shockertoys.com/store.php?type=exclusive

If they look as good as those mock-ups, they can pretty much count on two sales -- and I'm sure I'm not the only person in this thread who would love a Grendel to display alongside Marvel Legends, DC Direct, and DC Universe Classics. But what are the chances that they come out in time for these conventions later in the year? And can anyone vouch for the quality of Shocker's Indie Spotlight figures so far? I know they're infamous for stirring up message board drama, but I heard the first wave of figures was actually decent once it finally came out.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

And can anyone vouch for the quality of Shocker's Indie Spotlight figures so far? I know they're infamous for stirring up message board drama, but I heard the first wave of figures was actually decent once it finally came out.

I have The Maxx, and he's awesome. Definitely one of my favorite things I've picked up this year. He's huge, has 20 points of articulation, comes with 3 isz and an extra head, and the paint job is decent. The arm joints are ball joints and they comes apart if you move the arms in a weird way, but other than that it's very sturdy and made of pretty high quality plastic.

Did I mention he's huge?

Whoever in the company think it's a good idea to go troll on message boards is a moron, and it takes them forever to produce anything, but the one figure I have of their's is really pretty nice.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Yea their rep is so bad I won't buy anything of theirs. I kind of want Dick Tracy too, but like hell am I gonna support that guy.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

mods rename me posted:

Yea their rep is so bad I won't buy anything of theirs. I kind of want Dick Tracy too, but like hell am I gonna support that guy.
Could you elaborate on this? :munch:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

No not really hah just every thread ever posted about Shocker on any forum has turned into a trainwreck and the guy gets under my skin.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Shocker sent out an email to several hundred different retailers under the guise of being a customer looking for Shocker's products. A few retailers got wise to it and emailed the entire CBIA mailing list. The Shocker guys denied doing it but it's the kind of horseshit they're known for.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Shocker sent out an email to several hundred different retailers under the guise of being a customer looking for Shocker's products. A few retailers got wise to it and emailed the entire CBIA mailing list. The Shocker guys denied doing it but it's the kind of horseshit they're known for.

Oh I had forgotten about this completely

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Their Scud: The Disposable Assassin figures are really wonderful. They have a place of honor on my shelf.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Package shipped Xeno!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

Package shipped Xeno!
Yep, got your email! FedEx tracking number doesn't work yet, but I'm sure it will if I give it a day or two.

Thanks again!

stupid ugly retard
Dec 30, 2009

by T. Finn
anybody got any strong opinions on the dc universe classics classic cheetah?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

stupid ugly retard posted:

anybody got any strong opinions on the dc universe classics classic cheetah?

It is vastly superior to the modern version.

scare
Nov 25, 2002

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Shocker Toys has unveiled 3D computer images of some upcoming 6" figures, including two that would seriously tempt me: the Hunter Rose Grendel and the Golden Age (public domain) Blue Beetle.

http://www.shockertoys.com/store.php?type=exclusive

If they look as good as those mock-ups, they can pretty much count on two sales -- and I'm sure I'm not the only person in this thread who would love a Grendel to display alongside Marvel Legends, DC Direct, and DC Universe Classics. But what are the chances that they come out in time for these conventions later in the year? And can anyone vouch for the quality of Shocker's Indie Spotlight figures so far? I know they're infamous for stirring up message board drama, but I heard the first wave of figures was actually decent once it finally came out.

I'd really like that Barry Tick to go with the Shockertoys Real Tick that i've never seen and don't believe exists.
and how come they didn't fit in a Francine to go with Katchoo in this wave?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Whoever gets me one of these 6 inch Nom de Plume figures will officially be my new best friend for life.

http://www.thefwoosh.com/2010/05/3aa-exclusive-nom-de-plume

Mapocho
Dec 14, 2006

No pares de creer.
That's real awesome.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
hah, I hope you have $300 to blow on a 6" doll, cause no one is going to sell cheap. Last one that sold was $250? I think.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
YESSS, I found the last Universe Question at Toys R Us for a reason that I can only assume is divine providence... or infernal providence. Whatever. :dance: :dance:

Although now I got a killowog leg I can't do anything with... another toy body part for the box of 'build-a-figs' I never finished. :sigh:

stupid ugly retard
Dec 30, 2009

by T. Finn

Dre2Dee2 posted:

YESSS, I found the last Universe Question at Toys R Us for a reason that I can only assume is divine providence... or infernal providence. Whatever. :dance: :dance:

Although now I got a killowog leg I can't do anything with... another toy body part for the box of 'build-a-figs' I never finished. :sigh:

the solution seems pretty simple dude, build something out of what parts you have. frankensteins action figure

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Can you make some kind of ungodly amalgamation of a figure? Like with various Marvel and DC body parts?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
For some reason I've only collected limbs... I have no torsos. Would probably be some horrible creation that would drive anyone mad upon gazing on it. :cthulhu:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The new Modulok

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.

RevKrule posted:

SDCC Exclusive Time:
http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2010/05/hasbro-marvel-san-diego-comic-con-exclusives-press-pics-toyfare-155

All are Marvel Universe Figures.
19" Galactus that lights up.
Age of Thunder Thor
Ultimate Capt America

I can't be the only one getting sick of Cap. I know he's awesome and everything but we don't need a billion versions of him. I understand sending a billion versions to market but for SDCC, try and pick something a little more imaginative I guess.

GOD loving DAMNIT

why am I not going to SDCC this year? Oh that's right, stupid job laying me off last year.

I want one of those Galactus figures now.

stupid ugly retard
Dec 30, 2009

by T. Finn
i ordered the classic cheetah off amazon and they shipped me the naked modern cheetah. awesome, i put that up on myshelf and people will think i'm a furry instead of a gay nerd

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

What are the different versions of her?

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

stupid ugly retard posted:

i ordered the classic cheetah off amazon and they shipped me the naked modern cheetah. awesome, i put that up on myshelf and people will think i'm a furry instead of a gay nerd

Oh I was looking for that because I'm a gay nerd furry.. (not really) would you be willing to sell it to me?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Is anybody willing to, next time they go to Wal-Mart, picking up a 6" War Machine for me? I'll pay, I have money, funds, bucks, etc.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

Is anybody willing to, next time they go to Wal-Mart, picking up a 6" War Machine for me? I'll pay, I have money, funds, bucks, etc.
I'll take a look for you, but the last time I was at Wal-Mart they only had Iron Man mkVI and no War Machines left. Even when I (finally) got mine a couple weeks ago, they only had 3 War Machines and about a dozen mkVIs.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Xenomrph posted:

I'll take a look for you, but the last time I was at Wal-Mart they only had Iron Man mkVI and no War Machines left. Even when I (finally) got mine a couple weeks ago, they only had 3 War Machines and about a dozen mkVIs.

For the past 2 weeks, one Wal-Mart has had 2 Mark VIs sitting on the pegs, and the other has 3 empty pegs, so I've given up hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stupid ugly retard
Dec 30, 2009

by T. Finn

mods rename me posted:

What are the different versions of her?
i wanted , but was sent