Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rawrtards
Jan 13, 2010
This is Otis, we think he is a Basset Hound/ Beagle mix. He's got crazy neck skin, it's hilarious.

And here is Beans, he is perfect in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
This is Casper. He was a puppy, but now he's not. We have no idea what he is. GSD, yes but there's something else in there too. He's 2 now and quite small and skinny. He also moves like a bat out of hell and can outrun most dogs he meets.

Any ideas?

Sometimes he likes to wear a life jacket when he's on his motherfucking boat

Scrooged
Feb 19, 2004

Truth, Juthtithe,
and the American Way
Going in to a shelter across state lines for this little guy:

It says hes a whippet mix, but mixed with what? Apartment material?

Jixamn
Sep 28, 2009
Casper is without a doubt a German Shepard mix, would explain it's speed and affinity for water. Also it looks A LOT like a german shepard.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Jixamn posted:

Casper is without a doubt a German Shepard mix, would explain it's speed and affinity for water. Also it looks A LOT like a german shepard.

:rolleyes: Yes, this was already acknowledged:

Brainwrong posted:

This is Casper. He was a puppy, but now he's not. We have no idea what he is. GSD, yes but there's something else in there too. He's 2 now and quite small and skinny. He also moves like a bat out of hell and can outrun most dogs he meets.

Any ideas?

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

Brainwrong posted:

Any ideas?

Maybe some sort of sighthound? The overall body shape almost reminds me of a whippet or greyhound.

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary

Brainwrong posted:

This is Casper.

This is a marvelous picture. I would like to join Casper on his adventure.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
for some reason I'm picking up terrier on Casper. Not sure why.

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Scary Ned posted:

This is a marvelous picture. I would like to join Casper on his adventure.

You should be warned: he'll only half listen to you

Universal Plug Play
Nov 3, 2004

<..Zoom..Zoom...>

blixa posted:

This is Buffy. She's a rat terrier mix, definitely some dachshund in there. I wonder what else...and where she came from, as she was a stray (that was picked up and taken to a shelter). :)

Separated at Birth???

Her Name is Eva

When I first got her

More recent photos

I was told she is a dachshund/beagle mix

Universal Plug Play fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 21, 2010

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

This is Ruari, she is a "Beagle Mix" I rescued. I'm not sure what the mix is though.
Puppy Shot:

Grownup shot:

This is Miley I got her from the pound and the paperwork said "husky???" I think I see some German Shepard because of the way her legs look and the coloring.
She is only 6 months:

And they both love hiking and swimming. I can't keep them away from water or snow.

Click here for the full 720x540 image.

Click here for the full 720x540 image.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Brainwrong posted:

He does have a soaring eagle pattern on his head which, along with his great posing abilities, suggests to me that he is at least part superhero dog (or "superdog" for short).

KnightLight
Aug 8, 2009

Brainwrong posted:

Any ideas?

The puppy pictures give him a bit of a terrier look, it's something about the muzzle.

I love the pictures and those mismatched ears. He is most definitely a purebred Adventure Dog.

You should obtain a sawed-off shotgun and a leather jacket with only one arm so you and your dog can trek across the desert in proper style.

Sefiros
Mar 16, 2006

go radish go

Click here for the full 1366x1024 image.

This is my girlfriend's dog. We've been told by different people that he's a Pomeranian or a Chihuahua, but I don't think he looks like either.

Any clues?

PumpkinPirate
Sep 2, 2006

I steal pickles for booty...arrrr!!!

Sefiros posted:

Click here for the full 1366x1024 image.

This is my girlfriend's dog. We've been told by different people that he's a Pomeranian or a Chihuahua, but I don't think he looks like either.

Any clues?

Pomeranian definitely. He might have some chihuahua in him, but that coat is too thick to be full blown long hair chihuahua.

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary
This is my roommate's stupid dog, Ma'a. He is a purebred "I had one of those when I was little!" He is a complete doofus and trips over stuff. No matter how many times he sees Brisbane and I hop over the agility jump, he is still completely mystified by it. I'm currently trying to clicker train the stupid out of him. It's a very slow process.

Blackfish
Sep 12, 2007

we have to be prepared to smoke a thousand joints before our quest is complete

Click here for the full 675x565 image.

Gwen, my roommate's dog, is on the left. My dog Misha is on the right. The Humane Society people said that Misha was a GSD/Collie mix and who knows what Gwen is.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

rawrtards posted:

And here is Beans, he is perfect in every way.

Beans is one of my favorite PI dogs because he looks like a wirehaired Shar-Pei and that is weird as gently caress

YummyTarts
Sep 2, 2007
Frosted Strawberry Toaster Pastries!

Our dog, Kappa. Some kind of terrier mix. I guess his colors are black and tan, but most of the "tan" is more blonde. His little ears sit funny too, but it adds to his adorableness. He's a great dog and very well-behaved.

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

Sharky the weimaraner, she is 11 weeks old now and I can't a block in San Francisco without people stopping me. Even after I tell them what kind of dog she is they just look at me even more confused

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Eelface posted:

Sharky the weimaraner, she is 11 weeks old now and I can't a block in San Francisco without people stopping me. Even after I tell them what kind of dog she is they just look at me even more confused
Good god this dog looks like an alien no wonder people ask what the hell. I've only seen adult weimaraners, do all weimaraner puppies look this weird?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
That is not a mutt :colbert:

But she is loving adorable. Do their ears just not grow at all?

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Eelface posted:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :gonk: :gonk: :gonk:

KnightLight
Aug 8, 2009

Blackfish posted:

Click here for the full 675x565 image.

Gwen, my roommate's dog, is on the left. My dog Misha is on the right. The Humane Society people said that Misha was a GSD/Collie mix and who knows what Gwen is.

Gwen = collie/setter mix?

dimwitf
Apr 8, 2008

'morning.

Kerfuffle posted:

Good god this dog looks like an alien no wonder people ask what the hell. I've only seen adult weimaraners, do all weimaraner puppies look this weird?

I'm imagining it growing like a cartoon; head inflates to full-size first and then other body parts follow.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Im Not A Goon posted:

A lot of people say he looks like a pitbull... but I'm still skeptical on that. The mom was ~30 lbs so it seemed very small to be mixed with a medium/large breed like that. I wish I had a picture still but someone rescued her and it's not on the site anymore.

Definitely looks like a pitbull/boxer mix - for reference:

Cute dog either way :)

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Meet Chewbacca McEwok von Henderson III. Or "Chewy" or Chewbacca if we're being formal (but his license says the full name).

He's, we only know from the shelter, a Chow/GSD mix. We really have no clue. We adopted him last year at 3. He's basically a giant cat and loves just doing stuff with us.

Like going to the vineyard

Or going on a hike

That last picture is his go-to position in any body of water. He just loves cooling his ghost-nuts in the water.

Here he is in our cross country road trip when we moved to the bay area

He's an awesome dog and we're so glad we adopted him (though, if he doesn't have any chow in him I don't know where his stubborn rear end in a top hat side comes from).

Bonus Chewy at the sitters when we were outta town:

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

Sorry for not correctly reading the thread title, but I felt it was quite fitting for my alien puppy. Optimus_Rhyme If you are still in sf let's have our dogs meet up. Sorry here is another photo to show she isn't so strange looking.

Fatty Patty
Nov 30, 2007

How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

He's, we only know from the shelter, a Chow/GSD mix. We really have no clue. We adopted him last year at 3. He's basically a giant cat and loves just doing stuff with us.

He's an awesome dog and we're so glad we adopted him (though, if he doesn't have any chow in him I don't know where his stubborn rear end in a top hat side comes from).

what a cutie! I don't think he has any chow in him though, otherwise he'd at least have a few purple spots on his tongue and he doesn't seem to have any. Not sure what he's mixed with, though. Maybe akita or shiba inu? (don't ask where I got those from, probably just from looking at his tail and smile)

panictheory
Aug 9, 2006

Toussaint Louverture posted:

for some reason I'm picking up terrier on Casper. Not sure why.

Me too! If he wasn't so big I would guess he was part Jack Russel?? Also his lopsided ears are super cute :3

panictheory fucked around with this message at 10:59 on May 27, 2010

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
JRTs will mate with anything. I had an idiot neighbor whose doberman got knocked up with his jrt. he didn't neuter it because he thought there was too large a size difference. :downs:

Help me identify my friend's mutts. He lives out in the boonies and found them wandering.

Boxer/ redbone I'd guess.

Border collie/ ???

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Heeler maybe? Hard to tell the size from the pictures, but the ears and face give me that feeling a little.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Jack, some sort of terrier.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Fatty Patty posted:

what a cutie! I don't think he has any chow in him though, otherwise he'd at least have a few purple spots on his tongue and he doesn't seem to have any. Not sure what he's mixed with, though. Maybe akita or shiba inu? (don't ask where I got those from, probably just from looking at his tail and smile)

well he clings to people (well, person, my wife) like a chow and has purple at the back of hi tongue (basically goes from pink to black near the rear) and spots underneath. When we first got him we thought he was bleeding from under his tongue because we saw these weird black/blue spots but was too quick to see what it was, only the vet told my wife they were nothing.

Green Jacket
Oct 23, 2008

Suddenly I have a refreshing mint flavor!
Meet Charlie! He looks like a golden retriever, but he's actually a lab/cocker spaniel cross.

Here he is as a puppy:

And here he is now, at about 7 months:

He enjoys keeping our yard safe from robins, plastic bags, and suspicious looking BBQ tongs.

Nerdmann
Sep 21, 2007
This is Rommel, technically my roomate's dog, but I've been there almost since the beginning when she adopted him three years ago. He definitely has some doberman in there, but the coloring/etc is off. This is from a camping trip last summer, he looks sad all the time, I swear, but he was having the time of his life. He's about 90 pounds of pure muscle.

Hobbies are getting into strangers cars because they might take him for a ride, hating the mailman, running into walls because he is super fast but terribly uncoordinated and ripping his blankets into shreds!

No Friend of Gravity
Feb 24, 2006

This is Calliope.

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

She's a retriever/hound mix, according to the shelter I adopted her from (today, after a week of adoption procedures!). Really sweet and really shy; apparently she was raised by a homeless man in a park until he got arrested.

This is my first dog, and I have NO idea what I'm doing. Trial and error have convinced me that she knows 'sit', but she pulls pretty hard at her harness for her size (yes I know she's underweight, she'll fill out) and I don't know if she's housebroken. I took her out after dinner for a full hour (she met a very nice Akita Inu) but she didn't make at all. Tried to get her out just now but she just rolled onto her back and swam at me.

edit: regarding housebreaking, it's about 50/50. I don't know her tell yet.

No Friend of Gravity fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 28, 2010

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

We've had our dog Jenova for 6 years now and I think we might be closer to figuring out whats in her.

I think she might be part pomeranian! I've seen some pictures of pom mixes that look remarkably close to her. I need to get a couple of better shots of Jenova, but this is what I had on my computer on hand.

She's about 30 pounds and has stick legs. Her hair is red and soft like a spitz breed and gets fluffy in the winter. If I were to guess what else she might be mixed with I'd say maybe something hound like? When we take her for walks we've had people ask us if she's part fox :downs:

Thoughts?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nerdmann posted:

This is Rommel
This is a Greyhound cross if I've ever seen one. They always make for gorgeous dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merricat blackwood
May 10, 2009
[quote="TarDolphinorShark"]
This is Ruari, she is a "Beagle Mix" I rescued. I'm not sure what the mix is though.
Grownup shot:

Does Ruari come from Georgia? Because she's a dead ringer for my dog, Freya, who does. Got her from a friend who got her from a rescue so we have no idea what she might be. Beagle/Shepard? Maybe?

This is where she would like to sleep with my hubby and I. It is only with great begrudging sacrifice that she will move to the foot and allow us stinky humans to sleep in her bed with her.