Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
To be fair to George, Adam was barking up the wrong tree in terms of logic, so to speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

UltraRed posted:

To be fair to George, Adam was barking up the wrong tree in terms of logic, so to speak.

Definitely - he was speaking from a position of ignorance. Which is a huge surprise, naturally.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Adam really needs to shut the gently caress up about all things torture-related, because he's so unbelievably ignorant about it. Or someone needs to call in and set him straight. I'm really tempted to at this point.

edit: "Torture works because it's been around for thousands of years." Really, Adam? Couldn't the same be said for religion or astrology or any number of things you dismiss as superstition? God, he pisses me off sometimes.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 20, 2010

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
http://www.lovelinetapes.com/shows/?id=1121&h=MGM2NWUwNGM

2-25-03

at 1:13.26 a 20 year old girl calls distraught about the ending of her relationship with a 35 year old singer/actor. adam, drew and kathy griffin of course mock this individual. then the caller reveals he is a celebrity, one that they would know. she talks to them off air for a second, and they do all believe her and know this celebrity VERY well. there are a few other clues littered about, do you guys know who her boyfriend is?

edit: im dumb, the lovelinetapes show summary gives up who it is

quote:

There is a very "Bizarre" call from Christina who is dating a mystery actor/musician who is 35 and she is 20, she is calling to ask why he dumped her.

Adam and Drew convince her to say the guys name and Anderson will bleep it out, she says it and it's bleeped but based on the clue given by Anderson and Kathy's statement that she used to date the guy as well, it's clearly obvious she is talking about Jack Black.

heh anderson

CatchrNdRy fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 21, 2010

Instrumedley
Aug 13, 2009
Alright... PsychoMike is dragging this Rudy thing on a little too far.

http://rudyroll.ytmnd.com/

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.

Majorian posted:

Adam really needs to shut the gently caress up about all things torture-related, because he's so unbelievably ignorant about it. Or someone needs to call in and set him straight. I'm really tempted to at this point.

edit: "Torture works because it's been around for thousands of years." Really, Adam? Couldn't the same be said for religion or astrology or any number of things you dismiss as superstition? God, he pisses me off sometimes.

Maybe you two can just agree to disagree and we can all stop having to read you post about it, I couldn't care any less.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

TomSellek posted:

Maybe you two can just agree to disagree and we can all stop having to read you post about it, I couldn't care any less.

I see - you care so little that you were compelled to post about it.

I would be happy to agree to disagree, but it's kind of tough when he rants about it every other podcast, and it's always the exact same rant.

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.

Majorian posted:

I would be happy to agree to disagree, but it's kind of tough when he rants about it every other podcast, and it's always the exact same rant.
I don't like the podcast anymore and I haven't listened to it in over 6 months, I would guess a lot of people here don't listen anymore either, and since Adam can barely read I doubt he will see you disagreeing with him here, so you are just subjecting us to it.

Anyway, today I pulled off my first going left through a red turn arrow by driving around the guy stopped at the light. No regrets.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Majorian posted:

You can always skip over those parts. Adam Carolla isn't funny because he's a sophisticated, well educated intellectual. Given the nature of his humor, it seems kind of ridiculous to let his political views bother you.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

TomSellek posted:

I don't like the podcast anymore and I haven't listened to it in over 6 months, I would guess a lot of people here don't listen anymore either, and since Adam can barely read I doubt he will see you disagreeing with him here, so you are just subjecting us to it.

Anyway, today I pulled off my first going left through a red turn arrow by driving around the guy stopped at the light. No regrets.

That's some hard core left turnin'.

LFoD
Jul 26, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump
Are there any clips of the TV show? Ive heard about it but never seen it on MTV. (I know its no longer on, duh)

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

LFoD posted:

Are there any clips of the TV show? Ive heard about it but never seen it on MTV. (I know its no longer on, duh)

There are several episodes floating around, but nothing extensive.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

You can always skip over those parts. Adam Carolla isn't funny because he's a sophisticated, well educated intellectual. Given the nature of his humor, it seems kind of ridiculous to let his political views bother you.

Eh, I guess it just disappoints me that he's clearly a smart guy, but seems so willfully ignorant on a couple issues. Plus I don't like it when media figures that I usually like spread falsehoods.

CatfishClyde
Jul 22, 2001
Orange Rhyming Dictionary
If anything Adam's rants should simply remind us all that most celebrities and popular entertainers know very little about anything outside of their area of expertise and one should always take their opinions with a grain of salt. This includes musicians as well. Adam is not the only ignorant celebrity spouting off at the mouth about politics or current events.

Totally unrelated, what is the consensus on the Adam Carolla (Morning Radio) Show? I started with May 2006 and have been going through each episode daily, and a lot of it is really funny (especially rear end kiss rodeo, Deaf Frat Guy and Oswaldo doing pretty much anything.) Dave Dameshek was initially very irritating but has really grown on me and I really enjoy his commentary, although on a recent episode he told Theresa to gently caress off during a commercial break and they spent the next segment addressing it, she was crying, it was really awkward and I lost some respect for him.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

CatifshClyde posted:

If anything Adam's rants should simply remind us all that most celebrities and popular entertainers know very little about anything outside of their area of expertise and one should always take their opinions with a grain of salt. This includes musicians as well. Adam is not the only ignorant celebrity spouting off at the mouth about politics or current events.

Totally unrelated, what is the consensus on the Adam Carolla (Morning Radio) Show? I started with May 2006 and have been going through each episode daily, and a lot of it is really funny (especially rear end kiss rodeo, Deaf Frat Guy and Oswaldo doing pretty much anything.) Dave Dameshek was initially very irritating but has really grown on me and I really enjoy his commentary, although on a recent episode he told Theresa to gently caress off during a commercial break and they spent the next segment addressing it, she was crying, it was really awkward and I lost some respect for him.

2008 is an incredible year, since Teresa and Bryan are at the top of their game and there's no Bonaduce. I actually haven't listened to any of '06 and very little of '07; '07 sounds like it had its moments too, but Danny was just awful.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I actually started listening to the Bonaduce era after I ran out of the good 08/09 shows. It's definitely worse and he can be incredibly annoying, but it's not that bad. There's plenty of good stuff, and Danny can be funny now and then.

I'm especially enjoying it now because I'm getting later into the year and there's a nice subtext of Adam and Bryan being irritated at Danny's poo poo. Bryan particularly is getting assholish with the drops and it's hilarious.

AndNowMax
Sep 25, 2009

Fighting the fight for *mumble* *mumble*
Ugh, remember "Angel Adam, Devil Danny?" I guess it just bugged me to hear Adam play the straight man.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

I'm just pissed that they moved loveline to 12am in Los Angeles. I'm hardly ever awake at that time.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

CatifshClyde posted:

Dave Dameshek was initially very irritating but has really grown on me and I really enjoy his commentary, although on a recent episode he told Theresa to gently caress off during a commercial break and they spent the next segment addressing it, she was crying, it was really awkward and I lost some respect for him.
Dameshek took a while to grow on me too. In the beginning it felt too much like he was just sucking up to Adam, but toward the second half of his run he came into his own. I loved his Mr. Sheldrake bit with all the old-timey slang.

Daves of Thunder is oddly entertaining as well.

That incident you mentioned with T was great radio. I'm a big Teresa fan, but I still found the whole debacle very entertaining over the following weeks.

Dameshek is apparently on this week's The Parent Experiment with Teresa and Lynette Carolla. It should be interesting, even for those of us who don't have kids.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

CatifshClyde posted:

Honestly, Adam's Radio show is probably the best morning radio I've ever heard. I live in New Hampshire, and every morning show is either a bunch of 20 year old jackasses trying to be PG-13 Howard Sterns or old fogies. Adam's was unbelievable because it was oddly cerebral in the midst of the obscenity and dick and fart jokes. Adam carried over a lot of the irreverent Loveline spirit while still being well grounded in reality, but his rants were still pitch perfect. Nothing will beat his rant about California zoning laws, and "I've Been to the Mountain!"

In contrast, I stopped listening to the podcast after the first year because it was clear to me that while Adam enjoys being in an echo-chamber, he needs some measure of restraint if only to give him something to struggle against. With him in total control and surrounded by yes men, he's spun off entirely into a more distilled version of himself which can be hard to listen to.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Strange Matter posted:

Nothing will beat his rant about California zoning laws

NOTHING!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is there a primary source for his radio shows? I'd like to give some of them a shot.

I'd also like to know the exact date of the Teressa/Dameshek quarrel. I'm kinda biased for Dave, but i want to hear it before I make a call.

Godspell
Jan 8, 2005
Welding is fun!
Hope the podcast gets better in the next couple weeks. Since Adam's pilot didn't take off he said he is going to put a lot more work into the podcast. Hopefully that means permanent Brian on a soundboard and T on the news and a lot less boring guests I could care less about.

Godspell fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 22, 2010

CatfishClyde
Jul 22, 2001
Orange Rhyming Dictionary

UltraRed posted:

Is there a primary source for his radio shows? I'd like to give some of them a shot.

I'd also like to know the exact date of the Teressa/Dameshek quarrel. I'm kinda biased for Dave, but i want to hear it before I make a call.

I think it was May 26, 2006, and I think it occurs toward the end of the show. Also Dave's mom was on the line to play a trivia contest and scolded him on the air as if he were a small child immediately afterward. Good stuff. I've been getting them from here.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Majorian posted:

Eh, I guess it just disappoints me that he's clearly a smart guy, but seems so willfully ignorant on a couple issues. Plus I don't like it when media figures that I usually like spread falsehoods.

Adam is very reactionary and he grabs unto ideas based purely on emotional response and not logic. He has a pretty low opinion of most liberals due to his horrible parents and he sees this as one of those "things pussy liberals complain about".

At least he stopped talking about his ridiculous lie-detector idea. Has he stopped bringing up microwaves that can handle metals yet?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

In order to catch an international jewel thief, Hack will have to become

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Judakel posted:

Adam is very reactionary and he grabs unto ideas based purely on emotional response and not logic. He has a pretty low opinion of most liberals due to his horrible parents and he sees this as one of those "things pussy liberals complain about".

Yeah, that's what I've gathered myself, and in that sense I can't blame him too much. His mom especially sounds like a real loser. Even so, I find it kind of ironic that he takes so many things as factual based on what could be described as faith alone.

Grand Fromage posted:

In order to catch an international jewel thief, Hack will have to become

A RAPIST.

Eunabomber
Dec 30, 2002

Strange Matter posted:

Nothing will beat his rant about California zoning laws, and "I've Been to the Mountain!"

Is there a link to this online?

LFoD
Jul 26, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

Strange Matter posted:

Honestly, Adam's Radio show is probably the best morning radio I've ever heard. I live in New Hampshire, and every morning show is either a bunch of 20 year old jackasses trying to be PG-13 Howard Sterns or old fogies.

Toucher and Rich on WAAF or Greg and The Morning BUZZ on WHEB, right?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Eunabomber posted:

Is there a link to this online?
"I've been to the mountain" used to be on TheGrandFromage, which used to be in the OP. I don't see it anymore.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Yeah I stopped having money to host that, sorry guys. I don't have anywhere to put it now.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Do you still have it? You could upload it to tindeck.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah I stopped having money to host that, sorry guys. I don't have anywhere to put it now.

PM me or email it to getiton@fluxity.com

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Strange Matter posted:

Do you still have it? You could upload it to tindeck.

I honestly don't know, I think I deleted the clips after uploading. I'll look around tomorrow.

I do have all the shows though, so if somebody knows the date I can definitely dig it up.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Grand Fromage posted:

I honestly don't know, I think I deleted the clips after uploading. I'll look around tomorrow.

I do have all the shows though, so if somebody knows the date I can definitely dig it up.
I hope so. When I first heard it I was crying from laughter for fifteen minutes.

Hormones
May 9, 2009
A website I'm a member of had a group video chat today.

I sign on and the FIRST thing I hear from one of the girls' webcams was a smoke detector chirp. Almost as soon as I signed on. I proceeded to ask her what was up with that and of course, she and her boyfriend "don't notice it anymore". She told me it was chirping the day she moved in - 6 months ago.

After I pointed it out everyone else in there went nuts too.

Ugh. :(

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Of all the things on Loveline the smoke detector chirping for six months is the craziest. If my detector chirps for more than five minutes I'm going at the thing with a goddamn hammer.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Anyone listening to this bestiality call on the random stream? A caller is describing a woman blowing a giraffe and it's amazing.

2001-01-09 with dr spaz

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

Of all the things on Loveline the smoke detector chirping for six months is the craziest. If my detector chirps for more than five minutes I'm going at the thing with a goddamn hammer.

Yeah, that always struck me as weird. She must be the heaviest sleeper in the world. Either that, or she wears earplugs or something like that. I can't imagine how one could just get used to a beeping smoke detector, to the point where one wouldn't even notice it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war
The weird thing about beeping smoke detectors is that the people who ignore them aren't necessarily stupid. My sister had one going off every minute in her apartment and she's actually really intelligent.

• Locked thread