Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Sometimes I'll eat a lot of Shawarma, it creates a sewage smell that keeps Wayne away from my spaghetti house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

Why don't you go get a glass of orange juice and spill it all over yourself like a big dumb baby

Brule saying "pennis" automatically makes me laugh every time.

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.
Are there any other uses for pennis besides pee or sperms?

How do you know if a lady WANTS a pennis in her vagina?

Chairman Capone posted:

Sometimes I'll eat a lot of Shawarma, it creates a sewage smell that keeps Wayne away from my spaghetti house.

SPAGHETTI HOUSE

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
the video hiccups were completely awesome this episode. you couldn't teach anyone how to do them, you just need to have a long history of dealing with local access and videotape editing to get a feel for it i think.

glad to see the tri-county area's only married divorced newsteam back.

Superabound
Jul 25, 2003

one of them actually asked me if i had stairs in my house and i was like "yeah i post on SA"
FAIL.
Well that T&E opening was the funniest bit theyve done since Prices.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-
Sex is no laughing matter unless you get a case of the chuckles!

Also, the bed scene was hilariously awkward.

Eugenic
Apr 14, 2005
DRINK! FECK! ARSE! GIRLS!
Ehhh, I think they got the show's rhythm perfected in this episode, but the jokes in the first episode were much funnier.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
that bed scene was retarded. I love Tim & Eric, but I was hoping Check It Out! would be more about bad VHS cuts and ridiculous interviews, not about repetitive absurdity.

Superabound
Jul 25, 2003

one of them actually asked me if i had stairs in my house and i was like "yeah i post on SA"
FAIL.

Mr Viper posted:

that bed scene was retarded. I love Tim & Eric, but I was hoping Check It Out! would be more about bad VHS cuts and ridiculous interviews, not about repetitive absurdity.

I thought it was very Three Stooges.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Superabound posted:

yeah, but the best thing about Check it Out! is that it seems like you're actually watching a poorly produced real show. That wouldn't happen on a poorly produced real show. Things like Terry Bruge-Hiplo's plea for help (Call Sheriff Ramb) are unbelievably bizarre, but realistic.

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.
I agree that the second episode wasn't nearly as good as the first. who cares

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One of the weirdest bits of the episode was the part at the very beginning where they mention a county-wide complete evacuation.

Superabound
Jul 25, 2003

FAIL.

Mr Viper posted:

yeah, but the best thing about Check it Out! is that it seems like you're actually watching a poorly produced real show. That wouldn't happen on a poorly produced real show. Things like Terry Bruge-Hiplo's plea for help (Call Sheriff Ramb) are unbelievably bizarre, but realistic.

Yeah i see what you mean. Although i think the show uses too many camera cuts to accurately pass for a low-budget public access show.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

Superabound posted:

Yeah i see what you mean. Although i think the show uses too many camera cuts to accurately pass for a low-budget public access show.

I dunno, this guy seems to pull it off. Brule's cuts look more polished and rehearsed though. (Let's paint TV guy, from earlier in the thread)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvbL_5rH1QQ

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-

Superabound posted:

This is what I got from it. However, it's a good point that it was very awesome show-ish, and maybe not check it out!ish.

I hope next week we get another wouldn't that be cool segment, one of the jump cuts this week had it, but it must have gotten lost in the editing process.

who cares

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Incidentally, when watching this for the first time I was eating a slice of pizza with red pepper flakes on it. Mamma mia!

QuantumEntropy
Oct 5, 2002

Bliss

hall n oates mom posted:

Incidentally, when watching this for the first time I was eating a slice of pizza with red pepper flakes on it. Mamma mia!

I was eating pizza when I saw the Italian Massage. I thought I was gonna hurl.

The Worst
Feb 25, 2006

death from above
:ohdear:
I wish there were more opportunities to use "schwarma gas" and "spaghetti house" in the day to day conversations.

Babylonian
Jan 18, 2008
its time for some
sad
dad
posting
The episode was funny, but yeah, I think Jan and Wayne made it way too Tim-and-Eric-y, for lack of a better word. The first episode was way more subtle and believable than Awesome Show, and the absurd appearance (and sound effects) of the Skylars kind of destroyed that atmosphere.

I totally dug the bed scene though.

DarkSun6890
Sep 16, 2005
The Magic Turkey Sandwich Box and I

The Worst posted:

I wish there were more opportunities to use "schwarma gas" and "spaghetti house" in the day to day conversations.

You just aren't trying hard enough. :colbert:

bratchny
May 25, 2004

Man, no complaints about this episode from me. I watched it 3 times and it only got funnier. Jan and Wayne's appearance was amazing, and we finally see some action from those 2 star crossed lovers! What a plot development! My god... Steve saying roast beef referring to Jan's tits was the best, cos to me it seemed like it made Wayne think he was talking about her vergana. Well like, the bit where Steve says, "Right on her roast beef!" and it cuts to Wayne fuming, made it seem that way hah

It's eerie how much Tim can look like a middle aged lady with a man's haircut. Also I finally got seasons 1, 2 and 3 on DVD and they're wonderful. But I'm a bit disappointed there's only commentary tracks on season 1, but that's okay, better than nothing at all!

Have some screencaps! For your health.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Babylonian posted:

The episode was funny, but yeah, I think Jan and Wayne made it way too Tim-and-Eric-y, for lack of a better word. The first episode was way more subtle and believable than Awesome Show, and the absurd appearance (and sound effects) of the Skylars kind of destroyed that atmosphere.

Yeah, but that's how they are. They really are that crazy. Consistency of type rules!

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Something about this show terrifies me. It's hilarious, but when I watch it there's just this overwhelming sense of dread about the world it takes place in.

waitaminute
Oct 16, 2009
Counting this awesome title, my friend only owes me 25.05 now. And I won't let that nickle slide either.

bratchny posted:

Have some screencaps! For your health.

I hope I don't start up a wave of people asking you to cap 16 billion different things, but I unsuccessfully looked everywhere for a cap of Steve with this glasses off and cake all over his face from the first episode, just before the sushi segment, if you can produce one I would be so thankful I wouldn't even know what to do with myself.

MAXIMUM SWEAT
Apr 21, 2003

by Lowtax

Babylonian posted:

Yeah definitely, this was billed as a dude who snuck in late at night and made his own show, but it was way too much Awesome Show. It's mainly in the sound effects, Awesome Show always has obviously added on sound effects like slurping and poo poo, any time the Skylars were onscreen it had obviously dubbed slaps and etc, took me out of it.

I laughed my rear end off at most of it though, overall I thought it was funnier than the first one.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

bratchny posted:

Steve, is it "Wizard Knights"?

bratchny
May 25, 2004

waitaminute posted:

I hope I don't start up a wave of people asking you to cap 16 billion different things, but I unsuccessfully looked everywhere for a cap of Steve with this glasses off and cake all over his face from the first episode, just before the sushi segment, if you can produce one I would be so thankful I wouldn't even know what to do with myself.

Your wish is my command!

But if anyone does want certain caps, I'll try my best to find them and cap them, I've got nothing better to do. Plus capping funny things is good for your health.

Mr Viper posted:

Steve, is it "Wizard Knights"?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh...it's got some green, has a lot of green poo poo...

Another one in case the first one wasn't funny enough!

bratchny fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 25, 2010

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006

Your Proud Pal posted:

Something about this show terrifies me. It's hilarious, but when I watch it there's just this overwhelming sense of dread about the world it takes place in.

It's this nightmare world combining the worst of 70s, 80s, and 90s culture and technology. Everyone is incompetent, socially retarded, and unhealthy. Every show is public access, and every useless gadget is made by the omnipresent Cinco infomercial conglomerate. All restaurants are crappy all you can eat buffets or stark Chili's/Red Lobster/Olive Garden family restaurant chains. All art you see is either the sort of mass produced print you see on waiting room walls or gaudy things made by local eccentrics. Philosophy comes from corny self-help books and buisness seminars. Everyone dresses in the most unattractive clothing that can be found in a Goodwill. Everything bureaucratic is automated, and never works.

The world of Awesome Show!/Check It Out!/Tom goes to the Mayor is a cultural and human landfill.

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Be Provocative, Be Organized.

Superabound
Jul 25, 2003

FAIL.

Your Proud Pal posted:

The show takes place in an alternate reality where Hitler won World War II.

And World War III.

bratchny
May 25, 2004

As much as I like that concept, wouldn't they all be speaking German? I mean, we only got a couple of German references, like Zwei Dunkel Jungen... seems a bit unfatherland of Tim and Eric. Maybe the show's so underground, even Hitler's son couldn't stop them.

(I just wanted an excuse to post caps of Dunngeon.)

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

bratchny posted:

I always spent so much time enthralled with Dunn's outfit that I never noticed that portrait above him, holy poo poo ahaha.

Superabound
Jul 25, 2003

FAIL.

bratchny posted:

As much as I like that concept, wouldn't they all be speaking German? I mean, we only got a couple of German references, like Zwei Dunkel Jungen... seems a bit unfatherland of Tim and Eric. Maybe the show's so underground, even Hitler's son couldn't stop them.

Well i think it would be a lot like the Roman Empire, where various places would keep their own languages and be allowed some sense of autonomy, but the influence of the imperialist nation couldnt help but seep in. who cares

bratchny
May 25, 2004

Superabound posted:

Well i think it would be a lot like the Roman Empire, where various places would keep their own languages and be allowed some sense of autonomy, but the influence of the imperialist nation couldnt help but seep in. who cares

I agree who cares!

Wine was invented by the Romans. For orgies.

And orgies are not too much fun if no one wants to do with you

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
SWEET BERRY WINE!

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

Brule saying "pennis" automatically makes me laugh every time.

My favorite little touch is how he's had his own minor vowel shift from dingus to dungus.

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

dr. drungus

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I was rewatching the first season today and I think one of my all-time favorite Brule bits is "I'm Dr. Steve Brule your greengrocer!" Just something about the way he rapid-fire spits that out (followed by the mealy apple, it's a terrible season for apples).

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

NovaPolice posted:

It's this nightmare world combining the worst of 70s, 80s, and 90s culture and technology. Everyone is incompetent, socially retarded, and unhealthy. Every show is public access, and every useless gadget is made by the omnipresent Cinco infomercial conglomerate. All restaurants are crappy all you can eat buffets or stark Chili's/Red Lobster/Olive Garden family restaurant chains. All art you see is either the sort of mass produced print you see on waiting room walls or gaudy things made by local eccentrics. Philosophy comes from corny self-help books and buisness seminars. Everyone dresses in the most unattractive clothing that can be found in a Goodwill. Everything bureaucratic is automated, and never works.

The world of Awesome Show!/Check It Out!/Tom goes to the Mayor is a cultural and human landfill.

This is pretty much the best summary of Tim and Eric that I have ever read. It applies really well to Tom Goes to the Mayor, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot
Brule reading the poem in the beginning might be my favorite T&E moment. The way he's reacting to to while reading it, trying to look poetic and suave.