Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mix.lunar
Aug 15, 2007
Anyone who likes Rock Band might love this news. According to RBNnews 493 Ruth by BTMI is apparently up for review on RBN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

mix.lunar posted:

Anyone who likes Rock Band might love this news. According to RBNnews 493 Ruth by BTMI is apparently up for review on RBN.

Man, I might buy Rock Band just for this.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Your other ska choices in Rock Band consist of No Doubt and one Bosstones track.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
There's a guy who's working on getting some of the smaller ska bands on it as well. He's working on two tracks for us, and I know he's working on stuff for The Pinstripes and Fatter Than Albert as well. I'm not sure when our stuff is going up, I think we're just waiting on the songs to be approved right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bbh3D7e_6U

I might also be buying rock band just to play this.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm pretty sure if FTA got on there I would buy it

After I got done making GBS threads myself

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH_9yY-JxnU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
that is EXACTLY the song I was thinking of

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Does that stop playing around 40% for anyone else?

Drum part looks like a bitch and a half.

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

I'm 90% sure RX Bandits will have a song on RBN, I think choi said something about it on twitter a couple weeks ago

edit: found it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lcf8jNyCOU

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mysterious Aftertaste posted:

I'm 90% sure RX Bandits will have a song on RBN, I think choi said something about it on twitter a couple weeks ago

edit: found it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lcf8jNyCOU

Someone should upload "Teen Idol" to RBN just to see what happens.

The song was pretty popular when I first saw them ten years ago (:ohdear:), but Matt has since said, "playing that song would be like loving an ex-girlfriend -- that I don't even like."

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

That and Secret Agent Man, haha. RXB is one of the few bands that have really changed their sound, and I probably prefer the newer RXB over the old stuff.

And completely unrelated but I just remembered this, on the FIF DVD there's live footage of RXB with Leanne on saxophone. If you are a FIF fan you probably should already have that DVD, though.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
So guys in the Midwest might want to check this mini tour out. Green Room Rockers (Lafayette, IN), The Moon Invaders (Belgium), and The Caroloregians (Beligum).

Jun 10 2010 8:00P BTB Cantina ANN ARBOR, MI, US

Jun 11 2010 8:00P Beat Kitchen CHICAGO, IL, US

Jun 12 2010 8:00P Lafayette Brewing Company LAFAYETTE, IN, US
(this Pinstripes will be at this show)
Jun 13 2010 8:00P Play by Play Cafe CINCINNATI, OH, US
(the Pinstripes will be at this show)

I will be driving from Indianapolis to the Cincinnati show cause I get to go to a show with having to ask for a freaking day off.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Looks like at least the Moon Invaders and the Caroloregians will be coming to Syracuse too

I'm basically going to every show this summer. I'm going through withdrawals dammit

e: awwww poo poo. AWWWWWW poo poo. 4point0's first show back from their first tour is also a RazSum reunion show. I am so loving pumped you don't even KNOW

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

Dickeye posted:

Looks like at least the Moon Invaders and the Caroloregians will be coming to Syracuse too

I'm basically going to every show this summer. I'm going through withdrawals dammit

e: awwww poo poo. AWWWWWW poo poo. 4point0's first show back from their first tour is also a RazSum reunion show. I am so loving pumped you don't even KNOW

yeah I found a good list on the Caroloregians myspace but I was short on time to c/p the whole thing

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of 4point0, if there's anybody that can help with booking in Boston, Long Island, NYC, Philly, or Scranton, let me know so I can pass it along.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

So Dickie you seem to know all about Syracuse. I'm going to be around Syracuse visiting family and going to a couple Skychiefs games this weekend. Any record stores I should check out? Always looking for new vinyl.s

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.
what was that ska sreamo band that a video was posted of pages upon pages ago, I've looked but keep missing it. Anybody remember?

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Brokencyde?

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

aricoarena posted:

what was that ska sreamo band that a video was posted of pages upon pages ago, I've looked but keep missing it. Anybody remember?

Folly. Their album is called "Insanity Later."

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

FloppyDiskCommando posted:

Brokencyde?

Definitely not. And I hate you for making me remember they are a thing.

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Folly. Their album is called "Insanity Later."

I don't think so. The video was them on like a boardwalk?

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

aricoarena posted:

Definitely not. And I hate you for making me remember they are a thing.

I don't think so. The video was them on like a boardwalk?
It wasn't the Johnstones, was it? I don't really think of them as "screamo" so much as "not a musically inclined singer."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl1BFnj9AVY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1OTaKz_zn4

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FateoMcSkippy posted:

So Dickie you seem to know all about Syracuse. I'm going to be around Syracuse visiting family and going to a couple Skychiefs games this weekend. Any record stores I should check out? Always looking for new vinyl.s

I don't know poo poo about record stores in Syracuse, and my buddy's not on who would know. Sorry bro.

Really only started hitting up record stores since I moved here, actually. I'm making one last trip to my favorite tomorrow, in search of one more fun album for the drive home.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

guppy posted:

It wasn't the Johnstones, was it? I don't really think of them as "screamo" so much as "not a musically inclined singer."

Yes it was def them and watching it now its way more rap rock than screamo. Thank you kind Sir., have an internet beer on me :cheers: in the second video the drummer is pulling the most amazing 80's stick twirls

aricoarena fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 26, 2010

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

guppy posted:

This band is really bad. Jesus.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I didn't think much of them when I first heard them either. They grew on me over time.

There's no Youtube videos of my favorite song of theirs, but I like this one more than the ones I linked -- I was trying to think of songs that might match the video aricoarena mentioned. But if you don't like them, you don't like them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH803FXp9L4

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
The band is OK, but they have no vocal talent whatsoever.

mix.lunar
Aug 15, 2007
Not only are they terrible, since when do Ska bands have money to make music videos like "Bank Song"?

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006

mix.lunar posted:

Not only are they terrible, since when do Ska bands have money to make music videos like "Bank Song"?

97? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1gxJ7mj2uY&feature=related And, if they went to Detroit they could probably have bought that entire bank. Big D makes slick looking vidoes for their new stuff too. But, I find new Big D and the Kids table more terrible than this. If they just didn't have the awful singing and the awful lyrics they would be fantastic.

aricoarena fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 26, 2010

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Dickeye posted:

Speaking of 4point0, if there's anybody that can help with booking in Boston, Long Island, NYC, Philly, or Scranton, let me know so I can pass it along.

The only place I know of on long island is crazy donkey. I only know of it because Streetlight has played there. In the city I don't know of any smaller venues except maybe the knitting factory but maybe they're considered big.

Keep me posted about these shows though because I'd like to see them again

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Thornes posted:

The only place I know of on long island is crazy donkey. I only know of it because Streetlight has played there. In the city I don't know of any smaller venues except maybe the knitting factory but maybe they're considered big.

Keep me posted about these shows though because I'd like to see them again

oh most def sir, alternately drive your rear end to syracuse for the 4point0 homecoming/RazSum reunion show

even without the whole band RazSum is loving amazing, and the crowd energy at those shows is just incredible. Shouting along to Dickfor is possibly the most fun I've had at a show, except for that time we got a circle going inside of a circle at a 4point0 show

Mr Crumbbley
Jun 5, 2007
Wow, that Johnstones band is so horrible. I imagine that's what manufactured mainstream ska music would sound like. Everything condensed down into one lovely guy on a trombone.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Dickeye posted:

oh most def sir, alternately drive your rear end to syracuse for the 4point0 homecoming/RazSum reunion show

even without the whole band RazSum is loving amazing, and the crowd energy at those shows is just incredible. Shouting along to Dickfor is possibly the most fun I've had at a show, except for that time we got a circle going inside of a circle at a 4point0 show

Quite the trek for a Sunday when I have work the following morning! However it looks like a few days before that show is one in Brooklyn like 5 minutes away from where I work so that should do the trick!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

WaffleZombie posted:

Spring Heeled Jack reunion show tonight! I'm excited. Have to drive up to Connecticut from Wilmington, DE, but hopefully that'll be worth it.

So pissed I missed this. How was it?

New Haven was pretty sweet place to be in the mid-late 1990's.

Best show I ever saw, any band, was SHJ a few weeks after Static World View was released at the Tune Inn.

I missed the tribute show after Dave died, and now missed the reunion show (which I had heard was going to happen). meh.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 28, 2010

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Thornes posted:

Quite the trek for a Sunday when I have work the following morning! However it looks like a few days before that show is one in Brooklyn like 5 minutes away from where I work so that should do the trick!

But but but RazSum

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood
Just found this thread so sorry if i missed it but what's the consensus about '99 songs of the revolution? Boring, right? I miss punk-ska streetlight.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
How can you miss something that never left?

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood
touche.
ok well i miss tom writing his own angryfastflipout stuff that was on Numb. just musical preference i guess. Bomb the music industry kicks massive amount of butt though, all over the place.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

asio posted:

touche.
ok well i miss tom writing his own angryfastflipout stuff that was on Numb. just musical preference i guess. Bomb the music industry kicks massive amount of butt though, all over the place.

Ok cool, well, thanks!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

asio posted:

touche.

Again

You can't miss what hasn't left

This was announced before Streetlight was even a band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
I'm sorry to have to break it to this thread but BTMI is pretty awful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZBnylvJnFQ