Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stupid ugly retard
Dec 30, 2009

by T. Finn

Jet Ready Go posted:

Oh I was looking for that because I'm a gay nerd furry.. (not really) would you be willing to sell it to me?

sure. it's still in the packaging and everything. 20 bucks ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I got Modern with clothes and want classic nude.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

It was the same with Negative Man. Amazon doesn't know the difference between the variants. I wanted classic, but got the variant. I was going to trade it, but then realized that the variant's entire face is removable to reveal a really creepy skull underneath. So I just sculpted the bandages onto the face, because I don't think the regular version has a removable face.

I also picked up the new Jail Cell Joker the other day. The face sculpt is a lot better than the first Joker, the shirt's colored correctly, and the best is sculpted really well. The face was still terribly painted, but once painted well, it's pretty good.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

stupid ugly retard posted:

We had this one at my store but she was wearing pants and a top. So I guess there are three versions of Cheetah.

Anyway, we had a guy buy a case of figures and return the ones he didn't want so I picked up Blue Beetle, Superboy, and Donna Troy. Pretty sweet, I guess.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

sure. it's still in the packaging and everything. 20 bucks ok?

Yeah okay what is your email? Mine is metalgear AT gmail.com

If I can trouble you just to email me a picture of the toy with your username in it?

I'll slip you a buck more to include tracking on the sucker too.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

i wanted , but was sent

Those aren't your pictures obviously, could you post a picture of what you got?

You shouldn't have a naked modern cheetah at all. They aren't released, and Amazon should definitely not have them.

scare
Nov 25, 2002
i can't stand the "modern" cheetah.
is she the variant?
I'm really hoping she is. that'll mean i'll have an easier time finding the LOD version.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

scare posted:

i can't stand the "modern" cheetah.
is she the variant?
I'm really hoping she is. that'll mean i'll have an easier time finding the LOD version.

Yes she's the variant.

stupid ugly retard
Dec 30, 2009

by T. Finn

Jet Ready Go posted:

Yeah okay what is your email? Mine is metalgear AT gmail.com

If I can trouble you just to email me a picture of the toy with your username in it?

I'll slip you a buck more to include tracking on the sucker too.

thewelfarequeen@gmail.com

sorry about the camera phone pic

edit: whoops that was huge

stupid ugly retard
Dec 30, 2009

by T. Finn

Zeitgueist posted:

Those aren't your pictures obviously, could you post a picture of what you got?

You shouldn't have a naked modern cheetah at all. They aren't released, and Amazon should definitely not have them.

i don't know what to tell ya

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

i don't know what to tell ya

If you have one, it's worth a whole lot more than 20 bucks.

Those are very, very rare and are not supposed to be available at retail at all.

stupid ugly retard
Dec 30, 2009

by T. Finn

Zeitgueist posted:

If you have one, it's worth a whole lot more than 20 bucks.

Those are very, very rare and are not supposed to be available at retail at all.

seriously? but i already promised it to jet ready go, i don't wanna be a d-bag. unless he knew, and was trying to trick me! then he would be the d-bag! i hate these tricky moral situations

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

seriously? but i already promised it to jet ready go, i don't wanna be a d-bag. unless he knew, and was trying to trick me! then he would be the d-bag! i hate these tricky moral situations

All I'm saying is that nobody should have one of those in their possession.

Moral issues are up to you.

stupid ugly retard
Dec 30, 2009

by T. Finn

Zeitgueist posted:

All I'm saying is that nobody should have one of those in their possession.

Moral issues are up to you.

do you have any sources on this?

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Yeah it's cool, if you find out it's not super rare a little bit in the future just email me back.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Didn't he have some kind of association with Mattel? He told us that Gentleman Ghost would be widely available before he found out they were short packed if I remember correctly.

Edit: this guy seems to have sold quite a few of them on ebay for 30 bucks:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-Universe-13-...=item20b12b9dc5

Bushifox fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 28, 2010

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Bushifox posted:

Didn't he have some kind of association with Mattel? He told us that Gentleman Ghost would be widely available before he found out they were short packed if I remember correctly.

Edit: this guy seems to have sold quite a few of them on ebay for 30 bucks:

I'm careful about what I say here because I'm not speaking officially, but I know for a fact that those figures are not available normally. Occasionally someone working at Mattel's production plant will sell items that are not supposed to be available on auction cites, and Mattel has a very enthusiastic internal investigation force that tracks them down and arrests them eventually.

Mattel's aware of the Ebay sales, but there shouldn't be any available legitimately.

stupid ugly retard
Dec 30, 2009

by T. Finn

Zeitgueist posted:

I'm careful about what I say here because I'm not speaking officially, but I know for a fact that those figures are not available normally. Occasionally someone working at Mattel's production plant will sell items that are not supposed to be available on auction cites, and Mattel has a very enthusiastic internal investigation force that tracks them down and arrests them eventually.

Mattel's aware of the Ebay sales, but there shouldn't be any available legitimately.

according to this a bunch of people have gotten them off amazon. maybe a bad batch or something?

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

according to this a bunch of people have gotten them off amazon. maybe a bad batch or something?

Probably somebody screwed up. They're not supposed to be out.

stupid ugly retard
Dec 30, 2009

by T. Finn
yes, i have acquired the rare, too-hot-for-toys-r-us naked cat lady toy, i can't believe i almost sold this

scare
Nov 25, 2002
i still think the normal one is better.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Hey, look! Drones!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

3 posted:

Hey, look! Drones!

Wow nice, are these from the line or a custom?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

For the past 2 weeks, one Wal-Mart has had 2 Mark VIs sitting on the pegs, and the other has 3 empty pegs, so I've given up hope.
Checked today, they had the same 9 mkVIs warming the pegs.
Sorry. :(

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

The Rage posted:

Wow nice, are these from the line or a custom?

Part of the line, should be shipping with wave four sometime soon.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

TheRage, that package showed up today.

A++ SELLER WOULD BUY FROM AGAIN

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Awesome man I'm glad they made it out today.

Zeitgueist posted:

Probably somebody screwed up. They're not supposed to be out.

So is it just the naked ones that aren't supposed to be out or the whole wave? And other than being the variant is there a reason she's so rare?

Edit: oh poo poo the modern figure is supposed to be clothed.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 29, 2010

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

The Rage posted:

Awesome man I'm glad they made it out today.

So is it just the naked ones that aren't supposed to be out or the whole wave? And other than being the variant is there a reason she's so rare?

Edit: oh poo poo the modern figure is supposed to be clothed.

Yeah, the naked figure wasn't supposed to be available for retail sale. Obviously some were made, but the clothed modern one was the final product.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Xenomrph posted:

I'll take a look for you, but the last time I was at Wal-Mart they only had Iron Man mkVI and no War Machines left. Even when I (finally) got mine a couple weeks ago, they only had 3 War Machines and about a dozen mkVIs.

I found one last night, thanks for volunteering to keep an eye out!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

they haven't been restocked here at all

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Hey, out of all those DC Universe cheetahs, are any of them chase? Or are they are equal rarity? There's like 3 versions too... right? :raise:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Found wave 13 of DCUC at my local Wal-Mart tonight. I was there with my wife and I felt like a little kid when she told me I could only have 1 figure. Picked up Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle and its amazing. Neither one of the Cheetahs were really outstanding to me, but I'll probably wander back down tomorrow for Superboy and Donna Troy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Snagged Blue Beetle, Blue Devil and 90's Superboy. Made me very happy.

scare
Nov 25, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Snagged Blue Beetle, Blue Devil and 90's Superboy. Made me very happy.

I'll kill to get that Blue Devil.
it's characters like that that make me love this line.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

scare posted:

I'll kill to get that Blue Devil.
it's characters like that that make me love this line.

Kill Fred Phelps and I'll send you two.

scare
Nov 25, 2002
throw in the CnC piece and we have a deal.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

scare posted:

throw in the CnC piece and we have a deal.

You got it. I just need his cowboy hat in trade.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Anyone looking for the TRU Exclusive Two-Pack of Cyborg Superman and Mogul?

I picked one up for a friend a few weeks ago, but he backed out, leaving me holding this toy I don't really want.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My friend was apparently pretty bored at work..

He also has one of them vogueing, but I think this is weird enough...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Found this amazing Gundam last week.

I've seen some of G-Gundam, but not all of it, and knew of the more bizarre mobile fighters from it, like Tequila Gundam. No one ever told me there was a Sailor Gundam.