Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)

Klaus Kinski posted:

I'm still on the fence about kramer being terrible. It's more like he doesn't care/know any better in situations where everyone else would start scheming

Someone find the speech jerry gives george after the first meeting with nbc about how he needs to have an entire psych department dedicated to him, it sums up the characters so well.

e: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Ugz1NvumM

I think Kramer is just a lovable goof, and probably the "nicest" one of the bunch. He seems intensely loyal to Jerry, less so to Elaine and George, and is always well-meaning no matter what. I really can't think of any instances where he was a deliberate rear end in a top hat.

Also, I can't help but notice that whenever Jerry delivers a line, even when he's trying to be mad, he can't keep a straight face. You can always sense that once the camera is off him, he breaks down into fits of laughter. I know he's said it's because he's not an actor, but it's really obvious, especially in that Vienna clip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh

penis sandwich posted:

Also, I can't help but notice that whenever Jerry delivers a line, even when he's trying to be mad, he can't keep a straight face. You can always sense that once the camera is off him, he breaks down into fits of laughter. I know he's said it's because he's not an actor, but it's really obvious, especially in that Vienna clip.
You're right, but it does work with his character. He is a guy that pretty much has it all together, and his main grievances are petty little things that don't matter at all.

Seinfeld was pulling down some serious scratch in the 80s well before his show. I heard he would pull down 60k a weekend. If you view his character through that lens, it makes sense that he really wouldn't be too upset about poo poo.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.

penis sandwich posted:

I think Kramer is just a lovable goof, and probably the "nicest" one of the bunch. He seems intensely loyal to Jerry, less so to Elaine and George, and is always well-meaning no matter what. I really can't think of any instances where he was a deliberate rear end in a top hat.

Kramer's like ice. If he doesn't like you, you've got problems.

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Maybe there's something wrong with me, Nanny.

penis sandwich posted:

There was that episode where his girlfriend could never take him seriously when he got upset because his voice would just get high and funny sounding. It was true, too. That was a brilliant bit of self-awareness.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

penis sandwich posted:

Didn't he put concrete in the machines in that laundry place. Of course he thought they stole $1500 or something so it's almost justified.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
There's also that brief scene in 30 Rock where Liz meets Seinfeld and has a mini breakdown and goes into the exact same high pitched voice.

Seinfeld was great in that entire episode aswell.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Klaus Kinski posted:

Didn't he put concrete in the machines in that laundry place. Of course he thought they stole $1500 or something so it's almost justified.

Absolutely justified.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
Kramer also terrorized Ray Mckidney (was that his name?) and he stole the statue out of his house. Of course that was a kind act towards George, and I assume Ray really did steal the statue, so it was justified, but still. Let's just say he didn't take Ray to People's Court.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

penis sandwich posted:

He seems intensely loyal to Jerry, less so to Elaine and George

He would turn Jerry in if he killed a man though, even if he had a good reason!

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

ChairMaster posted:

Absolutely justified.

Until he found the money in his pants pockets, then replaced the washer out of guilt.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Kramer is a good man, as evidenced in this clip, probably the best Kramer moment in the whole show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkpvON6IpNs

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Kevyn posted:

Kramer is a good man, as evidenced in this clip, probably the best Kramer moment in the whole show...

That lead me to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6AzFj6TF-U&feature=related which either I never saw or just forgot, but it absolutely killed me.

Stuntman Mike
Apr 14, 2007
The saucer people are coming!

Kevyn posted:

I just assumed he made that all up. Its a fantastic punch line though.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

ChickenMedium posted:

That lead me to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6AzFj6TF-U&feature=related which either I never saw or just forgot, but it absolutely killed me.
It's the cold open to "The Bookstore" which is a great ep.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

ChickenMedium posted:

This is also the only time on the show where Jerry's bike is being ridden.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

got dat wmd posted:

This is also the only time on the show where Jerry's bike is being ridden.

There's also the time where his always naked girlfriend is fixing it up, and he goes,

"Well it's really just for show..."

and then

"Ouch...that is not something you want to get pinched."

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well, Amazon has the complete series on sale for $129, which probably means I'm gonna drop some money on that.

I'm excited, because I'm sure there are plenty of episodes that I have yet to watch.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Kevyn posted:

I love how George is hanging on to Kramer's every word, and Jerry is just incredulous about the whole thing. Nice detail for a scene that could have just been a monologue.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

bobservo posted:

I love how George is hanging on to Kramer's every word, and Jerry is just incredulous about the whole thing. Nice detail for a scene that could have just been a monologue.

"You're Batman!"

"Yes, I am Batman."

the aftermath
Jul 20, 2002

Things Fall Apart

OctoberBlues posted:

He would turn Jerry in if he killed a man though, even if he had a good reason!
Yep, keep in mind Kramer is a stickler for the rules, because "without rules there's chaos". Which is a pretty weird attitude to have considering he's always breaking the rules in a lot of cases.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
Kramer has also had sex with a lot of women. A LOOOT!!!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Konec Hry posted:

Kramer has also had sex with a lot of women. A LOOOT!!!

I love the George quote when he finds out Kramer is at a fantasy camp.

"Kramer's whole life is a fantasy camp! Don't work, mooch off your neighbor, have sex with beautiful women, and fall rear end-backwards into money! People should pay $3000 to live like him for a week!"

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
That same sentiment is echoed in "The Muffin Tops" regarding his Peterman Reality Tour.

Jerry: "The last thing this guy is qualified to give a tour of is reality!"

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

ChickenMedium posted:

That is one of my favorite opens of any show, ever. There's just so much to like.

Also, just when I think I'm over how screwed youtube comments are, here's this little gem just waiting for all of us below the video:

"lol that's awsome.
friend of the family!!!!! i hate friend of the family fagets that like and talk poo poo"

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

olylifter posted:

Also, just when I think I'm over how screwed youtube comments are, here's this little gem just waiting for all of us below the video:

I always feel like Jane Goodall reading youTube comments. It is a fascinating look into the culture and habits of sub-human primates.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Kramer killed Marty Benson. Probably others. You think these hands have been soaking in Ivory Liquid?

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Why is Sam Lloyd not in more stuff, he's loving hilarious no matter how small the role is. It's also funny how he already looks 50 in seinfeld and almost 20 years later in scrubs he looks exactly the same.

AN AOL CHAT ROOM
Feb 22, 2003

Power-shovelling fat turds into my cock busted syphilitic maw. Like a fat cunt shovels doughnuts. The resulting turds from my hemorrhoid infested goat fucked ass are pure gold compared to my shitting posts.
Starting on season 5 today and it was weird seeing Skylar from Breaking Bad as Jerry's girlfriend in "The Glasses".

Eddie Dingle
Nov 4, 2007

Got a weasel teazel my pleazel got a weasel.
I dont think anybody has posted this yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MyZg7E27cw Maybe :nws:

A few friends and I watched the full movie and we laughed and laughed

atlas futon
Oct 31, 2004

would you kindly sit down
The episode where Kramer gets the office job is one of my favorites, especially the conversation he has with the boss at the end.

"These reports you handed in...it's almost as if you have no business training at all. I don't know what this is supposed to be."

"Well I don't even really WORK here!"

"I know. That's what makes this so difficult."

I always wanted to see what exactly Kramer wrote in those reports.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

atlas futon posted:

The episode where Kramer gets the office job is one of my favorites, especially the conversation he has with the boss at the end.

"These reports you handed in...it's almost as if you have no business training at all. I don't know what this is supposed to be."

"Well I don't even really WORK here!"

"I know. That's what makes this so difficult."

I always wanted to see what exactly Kramer wrote in those reports.

"What do you have in that briefcase?"

"Crackers."

The Infamous Shane
Dec 19, 2007
Call me Shane Mcloon, Super Goon.

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

"What do you have in that briefcase?"

"Crackers."

Quoting for favourite line-ness

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
Isn't there an episode where they discuss how Kramer can afford anything, or how he gets his income, and he's all like:

Oh... I get around ;)

Please tell me I'm not imagining this.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Konec Hry posted:

Isn't there an episode where they discuss how Kramer can afford anything, or how he gets his income, and he's all like:

Oh... I get around ;)

You're not, but damned if I can remember which ep that's from.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I love how the movie Sex and Lucia came out long after Rochelle Rochelle was conceived in Seinfeld.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Konec Hry posted:

Oh... I get around ;)

I think its in The Dinner Party when George and Kramer are at the liquor store and Kramer says he doesn't carry money with him. I think the line is "oh, I get by.."

Speaking of great episodes, that's gotta be one of them. The GORE-TEX jacket, Kramer slipping on the spilled booze out of nowhere, the black and white cookie and cinnamon babka talk, Saddam Hussein.. brilliant.

edit: you like saying GORE-TEX, don't you?

spanky the dolphin fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jun 2, 2010

gemuse
Oct 13, 2005

HOLY SHITBALLS! posted:

Starting on season 5 today and it was weird seeing Skylar from Breaking Bad as Jerry's girlfriend in "The Glasses".

I just started on Breaking Bad and was weirded out seeing Tim Whatley as Walt.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

HOLY SHITBALLS! posted:

It's weird seeing how stupidly hot some of the actresses that you've never really seen except in small roles as 40+ housewives were in their younger years. Jamie Gertz in "The Stall" was insanely cute, not that she looks bad now.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

spanky the dolphin posted:

I think its in The Dinner Party when George and Kramer are at the liquor store and Kramer says he doesn't carry money with him. I think the line is "oh, I get by.."

Speaking of great episodes, that's gotta be one of them. The GORE-TEX jacket, Kramer slipping on the spilled booze out of nowhere, the black and white cookie and cinnamon babka talk, Saddam Hussein.. brilliant.

edit: you like saying GORE-TEX, don't you?

You have to try and get an equal amount of black and white in each bite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Klaus Kinski posted:

It's weird seeing how stupidly hot some of the actresses that you've never really seen except in small roles as 40+ housewives were in their younger years. Jamie Gertz in "The Stall" was insanely cute, not that she looks bad now.

Teri Hatcher looks insanely good in the episode she's in. It's literally the hottest I've ever seen her, and she still looks amazing now.