Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

I'm trying to remember a name of this marble game. It was for the PC and it's pretty old by now. I remember playing it on Windows 98. Anyway the game had several different colored marbles, you start at the top by dropping them into a funnel and at the bottom was the exit, you had to get the marbles of the right color on their spot on the exit. The exit had color coded position to show what marble went where. The levels had traps and stuff like glue a marble would get stuck in, or an elevator type thing, and cannons, stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Too Poetic posted:

I'm trying to remember a name of this marble game. It was for the PC and it's pretty old by now. I remember playing it on Windows 98. Anyway the game had several different colored marbles, you start at the top by dropping them into a funnel and at the bottom was the exit, you had to get the marbles of the right color on their spot on the exit. The exit had color coded position to show what marble went where. The levels had traps and stuff like glue a marble would get stuck in, or an elevator type thing, and cannons, stuff like that.

Marble Drop maybe.

Johnnyonoes
Feb 4, 2008
Hates people, but likes groups
Got two.

First was an old BBS game where you play a gigolo. It was like studquest or studs or something.

Second was a 1990's PC 3D game where you play a cyborg and you are supposed to find you way off the station you are originally trapped on. I remember the first 10 minutes is you beating the guy in the next cell up for something... I think it had Bio in the name.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Johnnyonoes posted:

Second was a 1990's PC 3D game where you play a cyborg and you are supposed to find you way off the station you are originally trapped on. I remember the first 10 minutes is you beating the guy in the next cell up for something... I think it had Bio in the name.
BioForge.

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

Saint Septimus posted:

Marble Drop maybe.
Yes, that is it! Thank you.

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
This has been bugging me for ages, and I'd love it if someone could help me out. All I remember is that it was a PS2 game, an action-adventure, I think. It was featured around Egyptian mythology, and you got a Sword of Osiris and a Shield of Osiris. At some point, you played as a king as well, I think?

Hope someone can help me, I'd be super grateful.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Maxy Boy posted:

This has been bugging me for ages, and I'd love it if someone could help me out. All I remember is that it was a PS2 game, an action-adventure, I think. It was featured around Egyptian mythology, and you got a Sword of Osiris and a Shield of Osiris. At some point, you played as a king as well, I think?

Hope someone can help me, I'd be super grateful.

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy.

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
Yes! Thank you so much. I have fond (at least, I think they're fond) memories of that game.

Scaevolus
Apr 16, 2007

I'm trying to remember the name of an early 90s game with primitive polygonal 3D graphics. You ran around exploring a castle and had to find food (cheese?) which renewed your strength (represented by a barbell) so you could run/jump more.

Plinth
Nov 28, 2004

Archons of Athens!

Scaevolus posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of an early 90s game with primitive polygonal 3D graphics. You ran around exploring a castle and had to find food (cheese?) which renewed your strength (represented by a barbell) so you could run/jump more.

Sounds like Castle Master.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

Cubear posted:

This sounds a lot like "Fighting Force"

That's the one, thanks! Huh, didn't know it was on the 64 as well.

bledking
Sep 4, 2003
I'M SORRY, I DIDN'T MEAN TO CRUSH YOUR FACE!
Didn't get a response in the last thread so I'm trying again.

Looking for a sidescroller/shooter type where you piloted a big mech. I remember one of the early levels you were actually falling through the clouds for a while and shooting stuff, and then you would land and shoot stuff Contra-like. It was on Genesis or maybe Turbogfx16. One other detail I remember is the last boss: a tiny human guy in a glass bubble in the corner of the screen who controlled a crane-like thing that shot nasty poo poo at you.

Jive One
Sep 11, 2001

bledking posted:

Looking for a sidescroller/shooter type where you piloted a big mech. I remember one of the early levels you were actually falling through the clouds for a while and shooting stuff, and then you would land and shoot stuff Contra-like. It was on Genesis or maybe Turbogfx16. One other detail I remember is the last boss: a tiny human guy in a glass bubble in the corner of the screen who controlled a crane-like thing that shot nasty poo poo at you.

Exosquad or Metal Warriors? Even if it's not Metal Warriors check out that title anyways because it's amazingly awesome.

RunningBuffet
Oct 25, 2007

I'm trying to remember an old PC adventure game that was first-person. It was actually more like an FPS in movement, as in hold a button to walk around, rather than click the edges of the screen and stuff like Myst. If memory serves, it was set in a weird 1984-ish world, and the main character had sunglasses. And the interface was.. an action figure or something the main character lifted up for you to see? And you'd click on his hands to manipulate things, or something like that.

I remember it being a sort of a big game, but it's been so long that I can't remember the title.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

bledking posted:

I was going to say Cybernator/Assault Suits Valken, but that's on SNES. But I accidentally found out that Target Earth is the game in the series before Cybernator and involves and mech and a level falling through clouds.

Dunno about the boss though, I've never played it.

EDIT: Found an L/P I used to look for a cloud level. The last video looks like it's the game (Youtube), and now I must play this since Cybernator is one the best games ever (if you ask me).

Andrigaar fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 1, 2010

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

RunningBuffet posted:

I'm trying to remember an old PC adventure game that was first-person. It was actually more like an FPS in movement, as in hold a button to walk around, rather than click the edges of the screen and stuff like Myst. If memory serves, it was set in a weird 1984-ish world, and the main character had sunglasses. And the interface was.. an action figure or something the main character lifted up for you to see? And you'd click on his hands to manipulate things, or something like that.

I remember it being a sort of a big game, but it's been so long that I can't remember the title.
Could be Normality.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I can't for the life of me remember a SHMUP for the NES I once had. Instead of a ship, you had a guy with a jetpack, and he could aim up and down instead of just forward. The art on the cartridge and maybe the box featured him going up against a long-necked dragon or snake monster who may or may not have had a damsel in distress in its clutches.

pud
Jul 9, 2001

Dr Christmas posted:

I can't for the life of me remember a SHMUP for the NES I once had. Instead of a ship, you had a guy with a jetpack, and he could aim up and down instead of just forward. The art on the cartridge and maybe the box featured him going up against a long-necked dragon or snake monster who may or may not have had a damsel in distress in its clutches.

This might be Burai Fighter.

RunningBuffet
Oct 25, 2007

MMAgCh posted:

Could be Normality.

Bingo! Thanks a lot.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

This has been bugging me for a while and I'd like to try and solve it. When I was in high school we used to play a 3D multiplayer maze game in our Mac computer lab. The graphics were really basic polygonal 3D, and each player was represented by a different coloured pyramid-shaped thing. You could travel around the maze and shoot other players as well as pickup special items that had various functions.

Does anyone know what game I'm talking about?

The Fifteenth Pen
Jun 2, 2006
Yes.

The Weird posted:

This has been bugging me for a while and I'd like to try and solve it. When I was in high school we used to play a 3D multiplayer maze game in our Mac computer lab. The graphics were really basic polygonal 3D, and each player was represented by a different coloured pyramid-shaped thing. You could travel around the maze and shoot other players as well as pickup special items that had various functions.

Does anyone know what game I'm talking about?

Sounds like Avara to me.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

The Fifteenth Pen posted:

Sounds like Avara to me.

drat, no that isn't it. The maze was 'indoors' and had a fairly low ceiling.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

The Weird posted:

drat, no that isn't it. The maze was 'indoors' and had a fairly low ceiling.

That's the old opengl windows screensaver. :p

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

I wish it was that easy. :(

I definitely am not hallucinating - our mac lab machines had SimCity 2000, this FA/18 Hornet (I think) flight sim and this drat maze shooter game.

Lugubrious!
Jun 12, 2001

Sounds like Spectre to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectre_%28video_game%29

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Ack! Just found it. It was Super Maze Wars

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

There was a game where, if i remember correctly, after seeing a cut scene of a narrator talking about some tribe that were terrified of 'things' in the woods, you were put in the arctic and had to sled (or walk?) to a long since frozen ship. While sleding, the ice below you broke apart and you had to get out and into the ship. One you got inside, you had hallucinations were you saw what happened to the people in the ship; when you were in a hallucination, you had to 'help' them so they would die properly or something like that. Anyone have any idea what it's called?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Ask Me About Loom posted:

There was a game where, if i remember correctly, after seeing a cut scene of a narrator talking about some tribe that were terrified of 'things' in the woods, you were put in the arctic and had to sled (or walk?) to a long since frozen ship. While sleding, the ice below you broke apart and you had to get out and into the ship. One you got inside, you had hallucinations were you saw what happened to the people in the ship; when you were in a hallucination, you had to 'help' them so they would die properly or something like that. Anyone have any idea what it's called?

Cryostasis

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

ponzicar posted:

Cryostasis

I believe that there's an LP of this going right now.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

ponzicar posted:

Cryostasis

Thanks a ton. :)

Wax On
Mar 22, 2007

drop a bat beat
I'm looking for a game I played about 12 - 13 years ago on a friends PC that was a point and click adventure game where you played a young boy exploring a jungle (and undoubtedly solving mysteries). The game starts you off stuck in a tree I believe and you need to find a way down by doing something with a bird?

The graphics were very nice, similar to Kings Quest V - VI but I can't remember who the developer was.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Wax On posted:

I'm looking for a game I played about 12 - 13 years ago on a friends PC that was a point and click adventure game where you played a young boy exploring a jungle (and undoubtedly solving mysteries). The game starts you off stuck in a tree I believe and you need to find a way down by doing something with a bird?

The graphics were very nice, similar to Kings Quest V - VI but I can't remember who the developer was.

EcoQuest 2?

This sounds like the part you're talking about : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBVaY8-C-FE&feature=related (3 minutes in)

Wax On
Mar 22, 2007

drop a bat beat

Hakkesshu posted:

EcoQuest 2?

This sounds like the part you're talking about : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBVaY8-C-FE&feature=related (3 minutes in)

Thank you so much! Abandonia.com has it if anyone is interested in playing it.

PatrickDomino
Apr 2, 2001
April's Fool.

Johnnyonoes posted:

Got two.

First was an old BBS game where you play a gigolo. It was like studquest or studs or something.

The BBS game was called STUDS, and the second game was called Bioforge i believe?

Mine is a PC game from the 90s... it was a strategy game with a checkers sort of feel, but it had to do with bubbles or balls. You would have a green ball of a smaller size and you would try to assimilate a similar small ball to get a larger size. There were certain power-ups such as using a spring to go a certain distance over the board, or a soap power up to amke your ball extra floaty. If I remember more, I will let you know...

PatrickDomino fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 8, 2010

Hunkty Krunkty
Jun 13, 2007

Through this stance, you channel the quiet dignity of a circus clown in the midst of a thunderstorm.
I can barely remember this game, all I know is that it was an rpg on the sega genesis and it was possible for your character to be turned into a chicken by some sort of wizard or something. It was probably a pretty popular title I just can't ever remember its name...

Edit: yeah totally is Shining Force thanks a ton guys!

Hunkty Krunkty fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jun 19, 2010

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Hunkty Krunkty posted:

I can barely remember this game, all I know is that it was an rpg on the sega genesis and it was possible for your character to be turned into a chicken by some sort of wizard or something. It was probably a pretty popular title I just can't ever remember its name...

Shining Force, undoubtedly. In the castle where Anri and Arthur are, there's a wizard or a witch who turns you into a hen.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Hunkty Krunkty posted:

Yep, totally Shining Force. There's also a GBA remake that kicks rear end, though the graphics are a little too soft with all the smoothing they did.

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010
I can't remember the name to an older game very similar to Heroes of Might and Magic 3. There was a LP of it awhile ago. All I can remember you sided with one group over another and that changed the way the game turned out. I think you could side with lizard men or elves in one instance. Something about some dark power returning.

Jive One
Sep 11, 2001

Bemis posted:

I can't remember the name to an older game very similar to Heroes of Might and Magic 3. There was a LP of it awhile ago. All I can remember you sided with one group over another and that changed the way the game turned out. I think you could side with lizard men or elves in one instance. Something about some dark power returning.

Disciples 2 and its expansion most likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010

Jive One posted:

Disciples 2 and its expansion most likely.

Yes thank you.

• Locked thread