Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Get yourself updated to v0.5.3 and it should be working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Can you remove the red and blue images, or at least have the number of unread posts next to them in ( )?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hung Yuri posted:

Can you remove the red and blue images, or at least have the number of unread posts next to them in ( )?

You can disable the custom buttons, or under the Page Display tab check off "display new post count inline".

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Ferg posted:

You can disable the custom buttons, or under the Page Display tab check off "display new post count inline".

Thank you, I thought the wording seemed kind of vague but I get to see how many unread posts now so I'm happy :)

Lenins Potato
May 8, 2008
Working now, thanks.

nuvan
Mar 29, 2008

And the gentle call of the feral 3am "Everything is going so well you can't help but panic."
had to uninstall/reinstall the extension for some reason, even though it was up-to-date, but OP highlighting is finally working again!

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

e: Nevermind

Yakattak fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 22, 2010

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

I've noticed a small bug. When viewing all of a user's posts in a thread (example) using the page navigator buttons will go to the next page in the whole thread, not the next page of the user's posts.

It's a pretty trivial issue, but I figured you guys would like to know regardless.

Oh, and a huge, huge thanks to you guys making this extension. It really is awesome stuff.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Given the current culling going on in LF, would it be possible to implement a feature in SALR that highlights threads that were made by Admins/Mods and stickied that have new posts in them? I want to make them show in a glowing red color with big bright letters so that I won't miss them and then get banned for posting where I'm not supposed to be posting.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Given the current culling going on in LF, would it be possible to implement a feature in SALR that highlights threads that were made by Admins/Mods and stickied that have new posts in them? I want to make them show in a glowing red color with big bright letters so that I won't miss them and then get banned for posting where I'm not supposed to be posting.

Yeah I think that was a feature in the Firefox version right? Shouldn't be too hard.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Oh, I could abuse that :devil:

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT
Hey guys, love that this has come to Chrome, got me to switch over.

My "Display threads with new posts first" option is checked but doesn't seem to be working for me. The bookmarked threads list still has gaps between threads with new posts.

However when it is on all of the closed threads seem to go to the top of the page. This is especially apparent in QCS right now.

I'm on Chrome 5.0.375.55 and SALR 0.5.3 on XP.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zorkon posted:

Hey guys, love that this has come to Chrome, got me to switch over.

My "Display threads with new posts first" option is checked but doesn't seem to be working for me. The bookmarked threads list still has gaps between threads with new posts.

However when it is on all of the closed threads seem to go to the top of the page. This is especially apparent in QCS right now.

I'm on Chrome 5.0.375.55 and SALR 0.5.3 on XP.

Can you snap a screenshot of your current options screens? I need to get on that debug output option still.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

Ferg posted:

Can you snap a screenshot of your current options screens? I need to get on that debug output option still.

On the first page I have my username in the spot it asks for that.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
Is there anyway to get the SA grenade icon to show up all the time? I'm used to using just the jump menu to access the forums I read instead of having to go to the main page and then navigating from there. If not, no big deal but it would be a nice option to have.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Horn posted:

Is there anyway to get the SA grenade icon to show up all the time? I'm used to using just the jump menu to access the forums I read instead of having to go to the main page and then navigating from there. If not, no big deal but it would be a nice option to have.

Last I checked (and I admittedly have not been following Chrome extension development for some time) omnibar buttons were domain specific. Could I make it global? Yes, but it wouldn't be a configurable option.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

Ferg posted:

Last I checked (and I admittedly have not been following Chrome extension development for some time) omnibar buttons were domain specific. Could I make it global? Yes, but it wouldn't be a configurable option.

It looks like people make a 2nd extension just for this like this. Kind of strange that these things can't be configured by the user.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zorkon posted:

On the first page I have my username in the spot it asks for that.

I'm an idiot. Yes, it does not take effect on the bookmarked threads page. That was intentional going back a long time ago. Couldn't tell you why I made that decision, I just remember doing it.

As for the closed threads, thanks for pointing it out. I'll get to fixing it once I start knocking through stuff for the next release.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

Ferg posted:

I'm an idiot. Yes, it does not take effect on the bookmarked threads page. That was intentional going back a long time ago. Couldn't tell you why I made that decision, I just remember doing it.

As for the closed threads, thanks for pointing it out. I'll get to fixing it once I start knocking through stuff for the next release.

Can it apply to the bookmarked threads? Should I put that on uservoice?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zorkon posted:

Can it apply to the bookmarked threads? Should I put that on uservoice?

Yeah go ahead and open a vote up for that. It shouldn't be hard at all to get implemented.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

Ferg posted:

Yeah go ahead and open a vote up for that. It shouldn't be hard at all to get implemented.

Added. WOOHOO!!!

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Is there any way I can revert highlighting colors to defaults?

If not, does anyone have the codes for "Thread with new replies"?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

qbert posted:

Is there any way I can revert highlighting colors to defaults?

If not, does anyone have the codes for "Thread with new replies"?

Dark: #99cc99
Light: #ccffcc

Good idea for a feature though, I'll note it for the next release.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Ferg posted:

Dark: #99cc99
Light: #ccffcc

Good idea for a feature though, I'll note it for the next release.

Thanks. Yeah I was playing around with them, and after I realized I made everything look terrible and ugly, I instantly regretted it.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Would it be possible to add an option on whether the forums jumper dropdown opens in the current tab or makes a new tab? Every time I jump to a new forum, it's a new tab, which can get unruly to handle.

That, and having an ever-present SA logo like the Gmail watcher, and I might just abandon Firefox. Thanks for the work!

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Pleads posted:

Would it be possible to add an option on whether the forums jumper dropdown opens in the current tab or makes a new tab? Every time I jump to a new forum, it's a new tab, which can get unruly to handle.

Definitely doable.

Pleads posted:

That, and having an ever-present SA logo like the Gmail watcher, and I might just abandon Firefox. Thanks for the work!

This is what Horn was asking about a few posts up. Honestly I have no reservations about it either way, it was just done in the omnibar so as not to abuse the browser bar real estate.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Ferg posted:

This is what Horn was asking about a few posts up. Honestly I have no reservations about it either way, it was just done in the omnibar so as not to abuse the browser bar real estate.

As long as it's an option I see no problem. Personally I'm happy with it in the omnibar when I'm on SA and wouldn't want it anywhere else.

Daily Life
Feb 25, 2010

by angerbot

Sad Panda posted:

As long as it's an option I see no problem. Personally I'm happy with it in the omnibar when I'm on SA and wouldn't want it anywhere else.

Same! I love the grenade on the bar while I'm only on SA!

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Ferg posted:

Definitely doable.

That is actually in my fork somewhere, so you won't have to do much.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sebbe posted:

That is actually in my fork somewhere, so you won't have to do much.

Woohooo I'll pull it from there then

Sad Panda posted:

It's not optional, as far as I know, that's the problem. So I'll base the decision off of majority rules.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Ferg posted:

It's not optional, as far as I know, that's the problem. So I'll base the decision off of majority rules.

Would it be possible/too much work to do what AdBlock does here and create a separate extension for it?

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006
On the Page Display there's a 'Display threads with new posts first' check box: Could anyone get this working on the User Control Panel page? I seem to recall this being a bloody useful feature from the Firefox extension.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

Rohaq posted:

On the Page Display there's a 'Display threads with new posts first' check box: Could anyone get this working on the User Control Panel page? I seem to recall this being a bloody useful feature from the Firefox extension.

I was just asking about that...further up the page!

Vote for it here: http://salr.uservoice.com/forums/48927-general/suggestions/790413-extend-the-display-threads-with-new-posts-first-

Oh and Ferg

Ferg posted:

for some reason in the firefox SALR the bookmarked threads option is separated out from the "Display threads with new posts first" option, that might have something to do with it. Doubt it matters now but there we go.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zorkon posted:

I was just asking about that...further up the page!

Vote for it here: http://salr.uservoice.com/forums/48927-general/suggestions/790413-extend-the-display-threads-with-new-posts-first-

Oh and Ferg
for some reason in the firefox SALR the bookmarked threads option is separated out from the "Display threads with new posts first" option, that might have something to do with it. Doubt it matters now but there we go.

Not only that, but it looks like based on my settings (with unread posts first disabled) it automatically sorts the unread posts to the top on my User CP. Looks like more of a bug than anything. I looked into it the other night but haven't gone balls deep yet. Might have some time to work on it early next week though.

Daily Life
Feb 25, 2010

by angerbot
While we're talking about that feature, why do closed threads move to the top when you're just browsing the forums? Is there any way to stop that from happening?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Daily Life posted:

While we're talking about that feature, why do closed threads move to the top when you're just browsing the forums? Is there any way to stop that from happening?

I assume just a bug in how the "new posts first" feature works. It's been a while since I originally wrote that, but I would guess that I just didn't consider it. I don't use the feature, so I never noticed.

Daily Life
Feb 25, 2010

by angerbot

Ferg posted:

I assume just a bug in how the "new posts first" feature works. It's been a while since I originally wrote that, but I would guess that I just didn't consider it. I don't use the feature, so I never noticed.

Oh. Does that mean it will get fixed eventually if you can?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Daily Life posted:

Oh. Does that mean it will get fixed eventually if you can?

Yeah, I'll be looking into it for the next release.

Also, I just noticed that I actually did have "Display new posts first" enabled on this browser and that's why it was working for me on the User CP page. I believe I confirmed that it wasn't working on a Linux-version of Chrome, this is Mac. What build are other people using that it doesn't work?

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

Ferg posted:

Yeah, I'll be looking into it for the next release.

Also, I just noticed that I actually did have "Display new posts first" enabled on this browser and that's why it was working for me on the User CP page. I believe I confirmed that it wasn't working on a Linux-version of Chrome, this is Mac. What build are other people using that it doesn't work?
Chrome 5.0.375.55 beta in Windows 7 here and not working in my CP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuvan
Mar 29, 2008

And the gentle call of the feral 3am "Everything is going so well you can't help but panic."
I'm also running Chrome 5.0.375.55 / SALR 0.5.3 on Win7 here, and threads with unread posts are moving to the top for me in the User CP.

• Locked thread