Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

After a discussion with friends we've decided to support Italy for the WC, because being impartial sucks

Are you and your friends from a country that didn't qualify?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.

CubanMissile posted:

Probably Iowa or something. But their great grandpas were 1/4th Italian. Got to love World Cup time.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

Ireland or Northern Ireland IIRC.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

msj817 posted:

Probably Iowa or something. But their great grandpas were 1/4th Italian. Got to love World Cup time.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at since I spent the day arguing with a customer on how having family from Italy and a prediliction towards clothes that say "Italia" is no excuse not to support you country. But if he's from Ireland, then hey.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.

CubanMissile posted:

Yeah, that's what I was getting at since I spent the day arguing with a customer on how having family from Italy and a prediliction towards clothes that say "Italia" is no excuse not to support you country. But if he's from Ireland, then hey.

I agree 100%. I see so much Italia gear here in Texas and it blows my mind. (They sell it on the racks at Target)

Yo MyChemicalImbalance please accept my apologies if you aren't from Iowa. I'm seriously jaded at this point with my compatriots mostly talking about rooting for countries because they have some reaching connections to them.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Ordered a Cameroon shirt with Eto'o on the back. It better arrive within 2 weeks and it better rock.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

The Mash posted:

Ordered a Cameroon shirt with Eto'o on the back. It better arrive within 2 weeks and it better rock.

no danish shirt?

en skamfull dreng....

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
I'm ordering a Japan Own Goal shirt.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

euroboy posted:

no danish shirt?

en skamfull dreng....

I've got an old one lying around somewhere. Wanted one from an African team as well for this years competition. It was pretty much down to Ghana or Cameroon as they have the coolest shirt, and I'm not a dirty Chelsea oval office so I went with Cameroon. Choose Eto'o because he shat down the mouth of Guardiola which was hilarious

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!
Should I buy an England top with 'Own Goal' on the back?

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
No, don't be him.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
We must preserve the sanctity of REAL FOOTBALL TOPS.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
If I order from Soccertriads right now will I receive my large Argentina home top with Mascherano 14 on the back for the kick off of the World Cup finals this summer in South Africa 2010?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ICA posted:

If I order from Soccertriads right now will I receive my large Argentina home top with Mascherano 14 on the back for the kick off of the World Cup finals this summer in South Africa 2010?

Took 3 weeks for them to ship to the US for both my orders.

Mr.AARP
Apr 20, 2010

I was born after Kurt Cobain died. Now you feel old.

This is supposedly Chelsea's 3rd kit but A.) it looks fake and B.) It looks like a goalie kit.

humpadoor
Sep 2, 2009

Mr.AARP posted:

This is supposedly Chelsea's 3rd kit but A.) it looks fake and B.) It looks like a goalie kit.

I'd buy that poo poo. And I support a country that I'm not from since Canada's dogshit. Go Cote d'Ivoire! In my defense, I'm half Lebanese and they have the biggest Lebanese population in western Africa :chord:

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
Make sure you post in our Ray Parlour Census Thread.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

The Chinese site I've gotten a couple jerseys from for other sports now has a select WC section. No US kits, but they've got the other favored teams. Entire kit (including shorts) for $35.

The site used to be jersey101.com, but now it's yukijersey.com (I don't even know), but the quality is quite good for the price. Same materials and stitching at least on the hockey jerseys so I don't know why the football kits would be any different.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
I predict this will be our new kit but with the green replaced with blue.

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/sporting-lisbon-home-shirt-1011_7290

BFD Zio
Sep 27, 2004
Anyone here know where I can locate an authentic version of this jersey?

Click here for the full 1024x683 image.

Specifically the red one. I've had my family down in Brazil looking for it but they aren't having much success, and online i'm not locating anything reasonable or that isn't sketchy.

I'll even pay a finders fee to anyone who can locate one I can purchase online easily (meaning not having to WU some guy on mercado livre money).

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

BFD Zio posted:

Anyone here know where I can locate an authentic version of this jersey?

Click here for the full 1024x683 image.

Specifically the red one. I've had my family down in Brazil looking for it but they aren't having much success, and online i'm not locating anything reasonable or that isn't sketchy.

I'll even pay a finders fee to anyone who can locate one I can purchase online easily (meaning not having to WU some guy on mercado livre money).

Have a link to the green one? Know what it is called?

BFD Zio
Sep 27, 2004

Mandalay posted:

Have a link to the green one? Know what it is called?

Sorry wasn't specific, it is the goalkeeper kit for the 2010 WC. They most likely won't use these though, just the black one i'd assume.

http://www.netshoes.com.br/produto/index_ch.aspx?pc=17554

Only was able to pull up results searching for camisa de goleiro brasil 2010 and variations on that. Looking for the 'vermelha' which is red. Only issue with searching this way is you get a lot of sketchy results or places that are sold out, or mercado which is the Brazil eBay.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

BFD Zio posted:

Sorry wasn't specific, it is the goalkeeper kit for the 2010 WC. They most likely won't use these though, just the black one i'd assume.

http://www.netshoes.com.br/produto/index_ch.aspx?pc=17554

Only was able to pull up results searching for camisa de goleiro brasil 2010 and variations on that. Looking for the 'vermelha' which is red. Only issue with searching this way is you get a lot of sketchy results or places that are sold out, or mercado which is the Brazil eBay.

Apparently that picture is from the opening of a Nike Town store in Brazil: http://footballfashion.org/wordpress/2010/04/07/brazil-nike-world-cup-2010-goalkeeper-kits-%E2%80%93-a-first-look/
See if they don't live near a store: http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikefootball/pt_BR/store_locator

BFD Zio
Sep 27, 2004

Mandalay posted:

Apparently that picture is from the opening of a Nike Town store in Brazil: http://footballfashion.org/wordpress/2010/04/07/brazil-nike-world-cup-2010-goalkeeper-kits-%E2%80%93-a-first-look/
See if they don't live near a store: http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikefootball/pt_BR/store_locator

That is the issue, they lived in Curitiba which had one but moved a little a bit ago to another state and they can't find anything now.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

ICA posted:

No it took almost 3 weeks for my US order to get here. Just got my Germany Home kit and Bayern Third kit (going to be outside all summer working at a camp and wanted some white kits, of which I had none) and they both look fantastic. Numbering/lettering is fine, all the seams are clean and the material doesn't feel any cheaper or faker than my 'official' kits. Probably place another order soon.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Any chance I'd get my jersey sooner since it's blank?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

CubanMissile posted:

Any chance I'd get my jersey sooner since it's blank?
I would think it would be at least a little faster.

Also, I'm 6'2" and 230 with a big chest and the XL's fit pretty well - they are a bit long but otherwise fine.

Ming the Merciless
Aug 10, 2005
You're a beard with an idiot hanging off of it.

cheese posted:

I would think it would be at least a little faster.

Also, I'm 6'2" and 230 with a big chest and the XL's fit pretty well - they are a bit long but otherwise fine.

I ordered a stack of jerseys without print and they shipped the next day, so hopefully it'll be reasonably fast.

Obviously Erratic
Oct 17, 2008

Give me beauty or give me death!
I wish any of these cheap jersey sites would stock Australian international jerseys. :(
Soccertriads had the 2006 away jersey for a while, but no sign of the 2010 WC Jerseys anywhere.

To buy it in Australia is around $140 :O

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

Obviously Erratic posted:

I wish any of these cheap jersey sites would stock Australian international jerseys. :(
Soccertriads had the 2006 away jersey for a while, but no sign of the 2010 WC Jerseys anywhere.

To buy it in Australia is around $140 :O

They had the aways, but are now sold out. They should be getting more in, the guy is trying to get all of the countries but some (North Kore) are difficult.

Obviously Erratic
Oct 17, 2008

Give me beauty or give me death!

oldman posted:

They had the aways, but are now sold out. They should be getting more in, the guy is trying to get all of the countries but some (North Kore) are difficult.

I never saw the 2010 aways.
Only ever the 2006 away. :(

EDIT: The one they've listed there is really 08/09, not 2010 WC.

Obviously Erratic fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 2, 2010

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
oh, :(

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Yeah, I'm Northern Irish, we did it by lottery and forza azzuri I guess. It does give me an excuse to have a Gattuso shirt again though.

My first allegiance in the WC/Euros will always be Holland though, because there's been a serious lack of Northern Irish representation in major competitions lately, I've supported the dutch in quite a few competitions.

I think the first time I chose the Netherlands was like, USA 94 or something.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
My FC Barça kit came today from Soccertriads. The only thing I noticed that was 'messy' on it was the 'NikeFIT' logo on the very bottom, the stitching was not great there, but really it's not going to be noticeable unless you're looking there.

Overall, I'm pleased. I'm just waiting for my AC Milan and Chelsea thirds from the clearance to show up now.

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo

shoplifter posted:

FC Barça AC Milan and Chelsea

oh god

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dear Sergio posted:

oh god

I have shirts from teams I'm not a fan of. I don't have shirts for any teams I hate (ok, I dislike inter but I have one of their shirts). I like soccer shirts. I'm not gonna claim to be a fan of some of the teams I have/want shirts of (Inter, Marseille, Aston Villa, Germany) but I can still want to wear the shirts because they are nice shirts.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i do the "buy shirts because they look nice" thing and even i'd never buy a Chelsea shirt

Ming the Merciless
Aug 10, 2005
You're a beard with an idiot hanging off of it.

Fag Boy Jim posted:

i do the "buy shirts because they look nice" thing and even i'd never buy a Chelsea shirt

maybe he just needs the training bra?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

GutBomb posted:

I have shirts from teams I'm not a fan of. I don't have shirts for any teams I hate (ok, I dislike inter but I have one of their shirts). I like soccer shirts. I'm not gonna claim to be a fan of some of the teams I have/want shirts of (Inter, Marseille, Aston Villa, Germany) but I can still want to wear the shirts because they are nice shirts.

This is pretty much why I'm planning to buy a 2010-11 Rangers home, cause holy moley that shirt rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

Dear Sergio posted:

oh god

I can't refuse $8 kits

:negative:

Also the Chelsea third doesn't have the training bra

shoplifter fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 2, 2010