Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

What Fun posted:

Although Drew himself is comedy poison, that man's face is never short of hilarious.

Yeah, that's great radio, Drew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
*grunts*

*points to anatomy book*

*nods*

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I loved the anatomy book, because it produced such great reactions from its victims.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Seeing as Dr. Drew has to be a mandated reporter, I've always wondered if they ever ended up calling child services or anything or how they handled that. I bet KROQ's lawyers had constant headaches with this show.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The new Adam Carolla Podcast format is pretty good so far. Still have a few kinks to worry about, and the sound on Bryan's drops is kind of muffled for some reason, but I like where it's going. Also, they should have had Billy West on for the full hour and a half.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war
The Schmoes Knows podcast has a terrible name but it was actually really funny. Adam's at his best when he's talking about stuff like summer movies instead of torture and immigration.

Magnificent Quiver
May 8, 2003

He's been on a roll lately. Maybe it's because he's not working on his pilot anymore.

I'm convinced that if you had taken Adam from 2000 Loveline or whatever and told him to do an hour-long show just by himself every day, you'd get the same awful political opinions you do now. I really doubt he's changed, just that he works better with certain types of company.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Okay, today's podcast was awesome. If you stopped listening you should give it another shot, unless you're one of those people who goes psychotic when Teresa speaks.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Grand Fromage posted:

Okay, today's podcast was awesome. If you stopped listening you should give it another shot, unless you're one of those people who goes psychotic when Teresa speaks.

Today's was pretty good overall, but I actually thought Billy West was overdoing it with the sounds and voices. Kinda odd to say about a voice actor, but I was getting annoyed at him by the end. He is usually a good interview.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Does anyone else get really pissed off when they hear anyone express the opinion that addiction is not a disease? Before I started listening to Loveline I didn't care, but after listening for like 8 years, I find it incredibly annoying when I hear that poo poo.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Ez posted:

Does anyone else get really pissed off when they hear anyone express the opinion that addiction is not a disease? Before I started listening to Loveline I didn't care, but after listening for like 8 years, I find it incredibly annoying when I hear that poo poo.

Happens to me all the time as a bartender :smith:

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah I love the direction the show is heading, I'd always hoped the podcast would basically turn into an uncensored radio show, and that seems to be what's happening!

I've always thought Teresa was a great match, she's really good at fueling his improv bits, which are some of his best moments. Also having a format and cohosts should really help keep him grounded and away from the painful political rants.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I love T, having the group back together is the best possible outcome. Maybe when Loveline finally becomes untenable he can bring Drew over for a Loveline podcast and we will all be happy. :)

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Hostile negotiations since 1978

Grand Fromage posted:

I love T, having the group back together is the best possible outcome. Maybe when Loveline finally becomes untenable he can bring Drew over for a Loveline podcast and we will all be happy. :)

Didn't Adam do like a week of shows about a year ago?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Psimitry posted:

Didn't Adam do like a week of shows about a year ago?

Yeah, and he's been on a couple other nights.

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah, and he's been on a couple other nights.

Yeah, and he's been awful every time he's done it. Hopefully he stays far, far away so I don't have the urge to listen.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Brekelefuw posted:

Today's was pretty good overall, but I actually thought Billy West was overdoing it with the sounds and voices. Kinda odd to say about a voice actor, but I was getting annoyed at him by the end. He is usually a good interview.

I can actually kind of understand this; there seemed to be a lot of concentrated Billy in this episode, but I think he might have felt less rushed or compelled to ham it up if he had been on the show for the full hour and a half.

But then again, I'd probably only be truly happy if he was a permanent impressions/sound effects fixture like he was on Howard Stern.:kiddo:

Liface posted:

Yeah, and he's been awful every time he's done it. Hopefully he stays far, far away so I don't have the urge to listen.

I dunno, I laughed pretty hard when he exploded at Anderson for ragging on Bryan too much.:v:

Godspell
Jan 8, 2005
Welding is fun!

Liface posted:

Eh I really liked the ones where he came back to loveline. Also Monday's podcast was awesome and nice to hear the old format.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Since I haven't listened in a while, how's Bald Brian doing?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Strange Matter posted:

Since I haven't listened in a while, how's Bald Brian doing?

Seems to be doing okay for now, but I asked a radiologist recently, and he doesn't think the prognosis is very good - like, he probably won't be with us five years from now. That said, Bryan seems to be getting excellent treatment, and the tumor hasn't grown since he was diagnosed last April, so that's good news - there may be some details that I didn't communicate to the doctor that really make the difference.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 2, 2010

OppositeOfLove
Feb 11, 2009
If I put a :smug: in my post - that means I'm right no matter what.
Maybe they just need to get the kinks worked out but so far - I'm not feeling the same zazz of the ACS. I'm not laughing ... yet.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I was listening to the Halloween 2004 episode with the psychic and I made it about 10 minutes in before I had to skip to the next one. I just can't tolerate that crap.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

Majorian posted:

Seems to be doing okay for now, but I asked a radiologist recently, and he doesn't think the prognosis is very good - like, he probably won't be with us five years from now. That said, Bryan seems to be getting excellent treatment, and the tumor hasn't grown since he was diagnosed last April, so that's good news - there may be some details that I didn't communicate to the doctor that really make the difference.

Well thats funny that your random radiologist said this when Bryans doctor is world renowned for keeping people alive with Brians disorder and says otherwise. In fact he's still treating people he's kept alive for 10+ years.

mt1
Mar 5, 2007
thread checking in at 71 degrees

Magnificent Quiver
May 8, 2003

The Senate posted:

Well thats funny that your random radiologist said this when Bryans doctor is world renowned for keeping people alive with Brians disorder and says otherwise. In fact he's still treating people he's kept alive for 10+ years.

Some goon asking a radiologist about it must go something like "Yeah I have a uh...friend who's got this brain thing. A glowrama. That's it. What's his prognosis?"

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

mt1 posted:

thread checking in at 71 degrees

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Show me in the rulebook where it says a donkey can't kick a field goal!!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

EnsGDT posted:

WATCH OUT FOR BRAKE LIGHTS

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

WATCH OUT FOR BRAKE LIGHTS

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

exp0n fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 1, 2014

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

71 in Ventura, 71 in Simi Valley, 71 in Thousand Oaks, 71 in Santa Barbara, 71 in Glendale, 71 in Whittier, 71 in Mission Viejo, 71 in Irvine, 71 in San Bernardino, 71 in Palmdale, 71 in Lancaster, 71 in Santa Clarita, 71 in Glendale, IT'S 71 DEGREES. 71 DEGREES EVERYWHERE. 71 loving DEGREES. IT'S ALWAYS 71

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
Trivia Time...this has been mentioned a few times by Adam at all eras of his Loveline reign...where was the only place he went for a field trip in all of his schooling? Well there are 3 places, but there is the main one he frequently mentions...

He gets enraged everytime a rich private school kids tells of their extravagant field trips.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

A taco seasoning plant. I believe the entire class received free packets of taco seasoning at the end of the tour.

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

exp0n fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 1, 2014

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

quote:

adamcarolla

Call in now to play Hobo Power (tell us your stinkiest stories) with Adam, Teresa, Bryan and Fred Willard! 877.564.ADAM(2326) 2 minutes ago via web

Just posted, call in goons!

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Grand Fromage posted:

A taco seasoning plant. I believe the entire class received free packets of taco seasoning at the end of the tour.

Yes Lawry's Seasoning Salt Plant! A 2002 caller said that she had also went on the trip and was offered free tacos during her time, which further upset Adam.

Then, Adam said they went to McDonalds and went behind the counter. The only other place was the LA Zoo.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
You're fat.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Drew, please.

mt1
Mar 5, 2007
yyyyyyyoooooooouuuuuurrrreeeeeeeee ggggggggggggaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.
C'mon, lets break it down now, get a hand in. That helmet? Not a chair.

• Locked thread