Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

real_scud posted:

I know you said ignore, but you do realize that they're actually getting shipped from China?

But but it says Northampton on their site :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

real_scud posted:

I know you said ignore, but you do realize that they're actually getting shipped from China?

I think they get manufactured in Thailand, sent to a guy in Hong Kong, and then shipped from there.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

Mandalay posted:

I think they get manufactured in Thailand, sent to a guy in Hong Kong, and then shipped from there.

Mine went to Germany as well!

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Hoover Dam posted:

I laugh and laugh every time someone posts this, because of what's going on in the background.

Yeah you think they would have went with well an actual Dutch crowd for the background shots.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Hoover Dam posted:

I laugh and laugh every time someone posts this, because of what's going on in the background.

I don't get it:confused:

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Dear Sergio posted:

can't be a coincidence that 3 of the 4 club teams you guys just named are champions of their respective countries.

To be fair, its really hard to find soccertriads/bestway4you/etc knock off kits for smaller clubs. They only have like 4 or 5 teams from most leagues. Wearing a Toulouse away might make be cool, but if you just like collecting kits that look good or of your favorite players, you gotta stick to the bigger teams unless you want to drop a hundred bucks on each one.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

beedeebee posted:

The background are Houston Dynamo fans. :911:

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Bovine Delight posted:

you buy tops to actually wear around? really?

Wearing soccer tops around in public in the US is how you let others know that you are a fan. I will strike up a conversation with pretty much anyone I see in one, regardless of the team - bonus points if its for a team I support or a player I like/hate. Would totally wear a good looking top of a team that I don't really support per se. Even clubs that I follow/support, like Liverpool and San Jose, I have only been doing so for a few years so what does it really matter if I wear a Paris St. Germain because I think it looks cool?

beedeebee posted:

The background fans are all wearing orange Houston Dynamo kits, which apparently look close enough to orange Dutch kits for the picture to work.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Aha, I know nothing about soccer in America (except Onyewu), but it did occur to me that those Holland kits looked pretty strange. Now I know the reason!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dear Sergio posted:

can't be a coincidence that 3 of the 4 club teams you guys just named are champions of their respective countries.

The inter shirt is from 2008 and just looks nice, the marseille shirt is the cool argyle away number they had in 2009, the villa shirt is their away from the season before last, black and blue, and the germany shirt just looks awesome. I don't really have any strong feelings either way about any of these teams or their results. Just cool looking shirts. Maybe I should have said Man City's 3rd from last year because it's an awesome shirt without being tainted by the stink of victory.

Bovine Delight posted:

you buy tops to actually wear around? really?

I live in the United States where wearing soccer shirts around isn't considered "chavvy"

I just like wearing cool shirts.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

cheese posted:

The background fans are all wearing orange Houston Dynamo kits, which apparently look close enough to orange Dutch kits for the picture to work.

Not just that, but the photos' been flipped; look at the jersey and scarf text.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Nothus posted:

The background are Houston Dynamo fans. :911:

Apparently it's just student-made concept art :( :( :(

http://www.worldcupblog.org/world-cup-2010/celebrate-dutch-goals-by-wearing-the-players-faces.html

worlds collide moment: I'm going to see Houston on Saturday in LA. Where this girl I had a huge crush on in college lives, and she's a huge KNVB fan.

edit: newspaper link about the shirt http://www.telegraaf.nl/achteroranje/6853422/__Shirt_omhoog_voor_Oranje__.html?p=7,2

Mandalay fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 4, 2010

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

GutBomb posted:

The inter shirt is from 2008 and just looks nice, the marseille shirt is the cool argyle away number they had in 2009, the villa shirt is their away from the season before last, black and blue, and the germany shirt just looks awesome. I don't really have any strong feelings either way about any of these teams or their results. Just cool looking shirts. Maybe I should have said Man City's 3rd from last year because it's an awesome shirt without being tainted by the stink of victory.

I live in the United States where wearing soccer shirts around isn't considered "chavvy"

I just like wearing cool shirts.

I live in the US and if you wear jerseys around like they are a regular shirt you're just as bad as the guys in the anime shirts.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Bovine Delight posted:

I live in the US and if you wear jerseys around like they are a regular shirt you're just as bad as the guys in the anime shirts.

actually it makes you a Cool Dude

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Bovine Delight posted:

Sorry, but no. Maybe if you live in Maine and have no local sports teams of note, but its pretty popular to wear Football and Baseball jackets/hats/shirts in many places and wearing a soccer kit is a cool way to find people to strike up conversations with.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
I've yet to be in a region in the US where wearing a jersey isn't out of the ordinary for casual affairs.

BFD Zio
Sep 27, 2004
Yeah i'd have to agree with people on this stuff. Some jerseys can be worn casually, like the Corinthians one I posted earlier looks good with shorts IMO. Key reason? It isn't covered in ads, isn't a ridiculous color, and has a collar.

I love AC Milan but you won't catch me in a Milan jersey around town.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

oldman posted:

I've yet to be in a region in the US where wearing a jersey isn't out of the ordinary for casual affairs.

While I agree, I still hate when people do that. Especially with NFL jerseys. It's probably the most unflattering thing a man can wear. But a girl in the form fitting kind, hot.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Bovine Delight posted:

Where the hell do you actually live? And aren't you the who was baffled about wearing moderately priced polos because they were far too expensive above your 5 dollar ones? Sorry you are no place to give fashion advice.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

oldman posted:

Sorry but in San Francisco, a soccer top, preferably an international one, shows that you are above base, crass American culture and wearing San Francisco Giant's baseball apparel is how you show your undying love for The City.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
I wear nothing but obcscure international teams' while out in public: :smug:

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

oldman posted:

I wear nothing but obcscure international teams' while out in public: :smug:

Check out my vintage 1963 Malta away kit, its gotten me laid more times than I can count. :hfive:

Obviously Erratic
Oct 17, 2008

Give me beauty or give me death!
gently caress yeah! The 2010WC Australia jerseys are on soccertriads/maxxsoccer now.
BUY BUY BUY

Hieronymus Bosch
Feb 26, 2008
If people can legitimately wear Ed Hardy, Affliction, or TAPOUT shirts in public, I have every reason in the world to not be mocked by wearing a decent looking kit.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

BFD Zio posted:

Yeah i'd have to agree with people on this stuff. Some jerseys can be worn casually, like the Corinthians one I posted earlier looks good with shorts IMO. Key reason? It isn't covered in ads, isn't a ridiculous color, and has a collar.

I love AC Milan but you won't catch me in a Milan jersey around town.

I'd love a soccer shirt that looks kind of like a standard casual IT polo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

calcio posted:

Where the hell do you actually live? And aren't you the who was baffled about wearing moderately priced polos because they were far too expensive above your 5 dollar ones? Sorry you are no place to give fashion advice.

Yeah, I'd much rather wear an $80 polo than an $80 football shirt.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Mandalay posted:

I'd love a soccer shirt that looks kind of like a standard casual IT polo.

Rangers, England home

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Better than the Hannover faux turtleneck (and zipper lol) they had for a while.

Buddy of mine got it at the fanshop in the AWD Arena for me, it's XXL and I'm like, 6'3 150, but whatevs I still wear it out sometimes, although the lettering is starting to crack. Thought I should get a new Cherundolo jersey so I ordered the USA Away from SoccerTriads yesterday :woop: Honestly I think the away looks fuckin sharp.

I've read about shipping times from 5 days to 3 weeks, can I expect mine to arrive sooner since I'm in Europe?

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
I've just ordered a triads Japan home Lineker 10 shirt :3:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

zenguitarman posted:

Better than the Hannover faux turtleneck (and zipper lol) they had for a while.

that shirt was a trainwreck

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
i cant decide which gmnt shirt i should buy for the wc:

OR

i like both, what do you guys say

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
I'm slightly edging with the away

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
Buy both, they are amazing.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

theyre both cool but go for the away

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
A friend of mine bought the home shirt, it looks alot better in person. I really like it.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
think im gonna go to a shop next week and try them both on, but im also slightly more into the away kit.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Agreeing with everyone that the away kit is better.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
suprisingly, its sold out everywhere

schoenfelder
Oct 16, 2009

Grade moj...
nah, home kit is better. nothing classier than a black&white with the dfb eagle. away looks ok but wouldn't drop any money on it. got the home one via triads a few weeks ago, compared it at the shop to the licenced "real" one: differences are negligible, glad i saved 40 euros.

tldr: get the home one, it's rad. go schlaaaand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BogginHarry
Nov 23, 2004

I love the Germany away shirt. I've ordered one off SoccerTriads, but I went for the medium. The chest should be OK, I just hope the top is long enough.