Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Someone
Aug 20, 2007
Hmmm
Holy wtf? I can't believe they'd just block up the highway like that.

Actually, I can. I'm imagining them like real life trolls "if you hate me, you don't get it, therefore I'm right, and thus more awesome." Without using thus or therefore, because they're idiots.

ranathari posted:

The Met's bike police actually advocate that bikers should be in the middle or the outside lane at all times on A -roads and motorways, only using the inside when you need to exit. Their reasoning is that you're less at risk in those two lanes because you become more visible.

American please note that inside and outside lanes are the opposite in the UK to the US.

w00t, I'll not feel guilty for sitting in lane 2 of a dual carrigeway ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Z3n posted:

As to Karmic surplus, it doesn't have much to do with that...more that stupid people do funny things. And if you can't laugh at your own crashes, then you're probably not long for riding a motorcycle. Crashing sucks, laughing about it makes it a little easier to bear.

Granted. Pride goeth before a fall, and what makes this compelling is that it wenteth in two clicks of a Nikon. I laugh at my own escapades (eventually), but it was unclear to me if this guy walked away or wound up a ward of the state sucking strained carrots through a straw. I try not to tempt the Moto Gods thusly.

No buzzkill intended, just a noob still looking for the proper tone.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Marv Hushman posted:

Granted. Pride goeth before a fall, and what makes this compelling is that it wenteth in two clicks of a Nikon. I laugh at my own escapades (eventually), but it was unclear to me if this guy walked away or wound up a ward of the state sucking strained carrots through a straw. I try not to tempt the Moto Gods thusly.

No buzzkill intended, just a noob still looking for the proper tone.

Nah, he was ok. That's only part of the sequence, the end is him getting up with some nasty roadrash on his forearms.

What does it for me is the picture of him with his boot straight up in the air. Fantastic dismount. :xd:

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!
Anyone's seen this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx22TKjStPU

The guy looking around "wtf where's my bike" cracks me up every single time.

Sorry if it's been posted, just caught it on TV a few days ago...

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Z3n posted:

Fantastic dismount. :xd:

Ta da!

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

I know it's really stupid and a douchy thing to do, but there is something kind of appealing about mass hooliganism :(

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Primo Itch posted:

Anyone's seen this :

Ahahaha. You gotta admit for a few seconds he must have been really loving confused. I know I would be. :laugh:

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Tsaven Nava posted:

I know it's really stupid and a douchy thing to do, but there is something kind of appealing about mass hooliganism :(

They're really out of line there, but watching it I just imagined all those cages stuck behind them are the same oblivious douchebags who tried to kill me 50 times while I was commuting to work. It's like the bikers finally got to be the assholes for once.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Doctor Zero posted:

Ahahaha. You gotta admit for a few seconds he must have been really loving confused. I know I would be. :laugh:

I've had the same problem when I crashed at buttonwillow...I crashed at the start of the last straight before the front straight, tumbled to a stop. My bike ended up in pit lane, I had no loving clue where it went. It seems like after a crash at speed it's easy to end up turned around and you always expect that your bike will be behind you, but you stop and it keeps going.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Z3n posted:

Well when it comes to believers in responsible riding, we all have the stunters to look up to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eNVIlb4e7o

Apparently some dude named crash died a few years back, so they do these memorial day rides. Including shutting down the freeway.

And loving up stencils:

Good job guys! Nothing like causing what probably amounted to an hour of traffic backup to pull some lovely wheelies and burnouts and shoot a stencil upsidedown!

Primo Itch posted:

Anyone's seen this :

Woher ist mein moped??? Who doen't love those wacky forein commentators.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Z3n posted:

shutting down the freeway.

This upsets me more than anything because it reaffirms that no matter how many people die doing foolish things on motorcycles, not a drat thing will be learned.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

eggyolk posted:

This upsets me more than anything because it reaffirms that no matter how many people die doing foolish things on motorcycles, not a drat thing will be learned.

Isn't this applicable to pretty much everything in life that kills people?

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v6NqLLaFlU
:ninja::hf::wtc:

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Pinny posted:

John Barton on one of Guy Martin's bikes with and on-board 3D camera for the 3D TT film that's being made this year. Apparently only records 6mins of at a time so takes 3 laps to get footage of the whole track
Hey! That's me!

OK, it's not. It's another me that ranks higher on vanity Google results.
Didn't even know he existed.
Cool!

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Saga posted:

First cruiser I rode was a "sporty" Victory when they first came out (guy from the dealership behind me). There I was, hanging off round this on ramp like a chimp reaching for a banana, when I discovered the problem of the inherent cornering limits of cruisers. :) I wasn't pushing it hard, being a believer in safe and responsible riding, so I just ground away some of the bike and had to use a bit of rear brake.

Most freeway ramps like the one you describe have speed limit signs telling how slow you need to go to navigate the on ramp. I'm willing to bet you were going a good 10 to 15 mph over the speed limit on this on ramp in order to have to drag a footpeg so you could make the curve. I'm just sayin.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR

Coredump posted:

Most freeway ramps like the one you describe have speed limit signs telling how slow you need to go to navigate the on ramp. I'm willing to bet you were going a good 10 to 15 mph over the speed limit on this on ramp in order to have to drag a footpeg so you could make the curve. I'm just sayin.

I thought those types of speed limits were suggestions? I generally try to go at least double the speed limit (highway being 65-70, ramp being 30-35) on most of the long sweeping curves around here because the single lanes are super wide and no car is going to gently caress with you on the offramp or onramp.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

If a sign has a yellow background, it is just a guideline, but a cop can still nail you for reckless driving if he feels like it.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt4sZCepXos

Stunting is just so less douchey when it's a supermoto.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Z3n posted:

Nah, he was ok. That's only part of the sequence, the end is him getting up with some nasty roadrash on his forearms.

What does it for me is the picture of him with his boot straight up in the air. Fantastic dismount. :xd:

Aha! I know what that photo reminds me of. One of the first bulls I ever tried to ride..

/end derail

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

No, he's not, I think you're mistaking the silver of his sweet chrome grips. He has his pointer finger on the clutch lever, but it's all the way out.

Hmm, yea, you're right. Looking at it again it's just his lovely leather wrapped chrome grip.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
I guess this belongs in the pictures thread, because :siren:HOLY poo poo!:siren:

SPEED is thought to have contributed to a fatal motorcycle crash at Forest Lake in Brisbane's south-west last night.

A 38-year-old man from Inala was killed when his black Suzuki bike collided with a bus turning from Forest Lake Boulevarde into Grand Avenue about 6pm (AEST).

Police said the force of the impact threw the rider into the bus.

He died at the scene and his female pillion passenger was taken to the Princess Alexandra Hospital with life-threatening injuries.

She remains in a critical condition this morning.

The driver of the Westside bus was also taken to hospital suffering from shock.

Six passengers on board were unhurt.

The Forensic Crash Unit is investigating the cause but police said it appears the motorcyclist may have been speeding.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wow. At least the passenger survived and the bus riders were unhurt. It really sucks that that dude had to pay the ultimate price learning why not to speed like a maniac on public streets.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Is there some time reference we should jump to, because I watched that for a minute and I can't handle the loving yammering anymore.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Spiffness posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt4sZCepXos

Stunting is just so less douchey when it's a supermoto.

That stoppie down the stairs...beautiful.

Doctor Zero posted:

Is there some time reference we should jump to, because I watched that for a minute and I can't handle the loving yammering anymore.

I have no idea how mordeth got so loving popular, he just yammers like a loving retard all the goddamn time.

MrZig, that picture is great.

I feel kinda bad for the passenger...maybe she knew what she was getting into, maybe she didn't. Bus folks got a lovely card that night too, but gently caress the rider for being an idiot, especially riding 2 up.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I was thinking something along the lines of this

I must have this. This symmetry and simplicity is more difficult to achieve than it looks. Study the zillions of hack jobs and failed attempts out there to understand where they went wrong, and best of luck with your project.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Here it is bigger, get it before it 404's(Tinypic sucks)

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

not really anything specific, i watched the whole thing myself and felt I needed to share that pain with others

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Tsaven Nava posted:

It's more than stupid, it breeds more hate for bikers because people then associate every biker with these idiots.

The guy that posted it is a total tool. He replies to my comment stating that I obviously don't know how to push my limits and show mad skills. It's ironic since the only "skills" they are showing is holding the front brake and turning the throttle at the same time.

mAlfunkti0n fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jun 4, 2010

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifbzKobPsC0

Biker on biker near miss at Deals Gap.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Tentacle Party posted:

A 38-year-old man from Inala was killed when his black Suzuki bike collided with a bus turning from Forest Lake Boulevarde into Grand Avenue about 6pm (AEST).
I have no idea how those vehicles could have collided and come to rest in that orientation to each other, even accounting for the bike possibly spinning around to any orientation at all.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...42.346,75.231,0 (might have to scroll down a bit to see the intersection properly, or hit "Satellite".

It looks like the bus was southbound on Forest Lake, and was turning right onto westbound Grand Avenue.

Crashes are weird.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
If I ever get a KTM, it will have orange tires. Those are sweet.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Tsaven Nava posted:

They're retreads, FYI. Which means I will never run them. What tire was it a retread of? WHO KNOWS?!?!! Could be a dunlop 211GPA, could be some ancient bias ply POS.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

They're retreads, FYI. Which means I will never run them. What tire was it a retread of? WHO KNOWS?!?!! Could be a dunlop 211GPA, could be some ancient bias ply POS.
I'm a little surprised that with the volume that they could buy and sell through their dealer network, KTM doesn't have orange first-run tires produced in stock sizes for many of their bikes.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Z3n posted:

A vets office around here named a dog "Retread" because he had been run over several times because he loved being in the street. Hence, from this, I take it that anything termed retread is not a good thing.

Bet you would find out real quick what type they are when the tread comes flying off and you end up in a ditch or plastered to a tree. :(

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tsaven Nava posted:

Won't they clash with your batsuit?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Get orange Wolverine claw blades on the batman suit, problem solved :smuggo:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Slim Pickens posted:

Won't they clash with your batsuit?

Leave the batsuit alone. Also, the bat symbol is usually surrounded by yellow, just surround it with KTM orange instead and it will work.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Everyone posted:

They're retreads

But but but . . . orange . . .

And my GF wouldn't let me get that batsuit :sigh:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Spiffness posted:

and... in totally not gay stunting...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzHSteEhnoE
Dunno if this got missed at the bottom of last page or what, but if I just pulled that off I'd be the most :smug: motherfucker on Earth for like a week.

Tentacle Party posted:

I guess this belongs in the pictures thread, because :siren:HOLY poo poo!:siren:

I take it the bike ran directly into the bus's wheel, because I see zero damage to the bus other than the window the guy flew through. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Coredump posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifbzKobPsC0

Biker on biker near miss at Deals Gap.

Hurr lets ride all over the loving road and then try to play it off real cool. What an absolute tool.