Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxxx
Apr 12, 2006
WHAT
Back playing again, drat those free 30 day emails!

Usually on Xzeep 220 Clan Fixer or Halpme my lowbie I'm leveling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Well, I found the sweet spot for missions. Go to Lush Hills and save there-- the save point is right near a grid entrance, a bank terminal, and a mission roller, and the Lush Hills grid point is near many others.

Then open your planetmap and start rolling missions, looking for ones in Galway County. There's a spot in Galway with a bunch of small hills with water flowing down them north of the grid-in point just past a player city with many caves and such-- you can roll a bunch of missions and get them located in just that area, then do 3-4 at a time. It's literally two minutes of running to and from the grid entrance.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Haha I killed some guy in 2ho and him and 3 of his friends have been following me around for an hour yelling at me

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Man.

Used to be a time when going anywhere that the gas levels was low in was cause to get paranoid as hell, and any death you had from someone else was just the price of doing business.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
I fell for the 30 free days. I will now do my usual dance of being indecisive about Clan or Omni on a newbie while staying Neutral and lamenting the lack of a token board.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost

Conskill posted:

I fell for the 30 free days. I will now do my usual dance of being indecisive about Clan or Omni on a newbie while staying Neutral and lamenting the lack of a token board.

Omni. Duh.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'd kind of like to get enough people together to start doing city alien raids on a regular basis.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

User posted:

Omni. Duh.

If I was a Froob, I'd go Omni without reservations. The EXTREME EVIL presentation in Shadowlands grates at me. What the Hell goes into that kind of thinking anyway? "I don't think our game's story is shallow enough, let's make one side cavort with demonic aliens and responsible for the near-genocide of the human race."

It doesn't really matter for gameplay, but I'm the sort of nerd that cares about the story.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Conskill posted:

If I was a Froob, I'd go Omni without reservations. The EXTREME EVIL presentation in Shadowlands grates at me. What the Hell goes into that kind of thinking anyway? "I don't think our game's story is shallow enough, let's make one side cavort with demonic aliens and responsible for the near-genocide of the human race."

It doesn't really matter for gameplay, but I'm the sort of nerd that cares about the story.

Did you read the lead-up fiction story about AO? The whole Omni thing came from people who wanted to live forever. Has a lot of shades of the Dune prequels.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

EDGECRUSHER posted:

Did you read the lead-up fiction story about AO? The whole Omni thing came from people who wanted to live forever. Has a lot of shades of the Dune prequels.

Its been years since I read Prophet, but my recollection is.

1) The Omega received alien nanotech from the Unredeemed and became immortal.
2) They then decided to destroy civilization and nearly wipe out the human race. Because.
3) They then emerge from their caves after thousands of years to enslave the crude remnants of mankind. Because.
4) A Redeemed eugenics experiment produces a messiah who Does Stuff and overthrows the Omega.
5) The surviving Omega create Omni-Tek. This new corporation displays unusual competency with Omega technology, but nobody seems to care.

It's very possible I've forgotten details that make this seem less silly.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Can someone in Gooncorp promote my alt CountCawgula to Squad Commander so I can do city raids?

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

Conskill posted:

Its been years since I read Prophet, but my recollection is.

1) The Omega received alien nanotech from the Unredeemed and became immortal.
2) They then decided to destroy civilization and nearly wipe out the human race. Because.
3) They then emerge from their caves after thousands of years to enslave the crude remnants of mankind. Because.
4) A Redeemed eugenics experiment produces a messiah who Does Stuff and overthrows the Omega.
5) The surviving Omega create Omni-Tek. This new corporation displays unusual competency with Omega technology, but nobody seems to care.

It's very possible I've forgotten details that make this seem less silly.

I wasn't using it as an example of a great literary work, it just gives a lot of words to the "yup, we're bad guys. baaaaaad guys" that Omni is supposed to be.

I don't know if I've already said it, but if you guys need anything on RK1, my Fixer is named Emilin. I am a buff totem.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
My keeper is now at level 100 thanks to an Ely heck pocket team. What sort of gear should I be rocking at this point?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

-Troika- posted:

My keeper is now at level 100 thanks to an Ely heck pocket team. What sort of gear should I be rocking at this point?

med suit and trenchcoat

Predator pieces are pretty nice, if you can find them cheap. Farming them is as option but drop rate is terrible.

edit: I don't know what parts of alien tank armor cost now but they were pretty cheap a year ago so look them up. It ought to be wearable at 100, I think.

Fewd fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jun 2, 2010

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I have perfected alien tank armor, also currently wearing a set of QL130 omni carb. I'm more speaking of weapons, plus implants, etc.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Ah, hm. I'm not very familiar with melee weapons but FBR is still okay, isn't it? You need 125 to enter IS though.

It's pretty easy to get. If you happen to get 125 before my free month runs out, I'll help you grab it (and other IS stuff if you want, can't solo Hezak though).

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What I need now is some badass implants-- I got my hands a QL140 Kyr'Ozch Sword and some Type 880 biomaterial. Yes, the Type 112 is easier to fit, but the 880 isn't that much harder.

Snooty
Jun 25, 2009
It's possible to get into QL200 implants as early as level 100 if you twink hard enough.
If not possible, go for QL180, get 30 more levels and switch to QL200. Use Auno implant designer, find out what you need, get them and toss em to a tradeskiller.

Honestly, you should be wearing Predator at level 80-90ish already, and it'll last you until your 130-150's, when you can swap it for the Dark Ruins gear.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Keeper guide on the forums suggests this setup or some such.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Who owns the alt that is currently Gooncorp's leader? (Troxadveh)

We need more Generals so more people can be promoted to Squad Commander and do alien things.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

-Troika- posted:

Who owns the alt that is currently Gooncorp's leader? (Troxadveh)

We need more Generals so more people can be promoted to Squad Commander and do alien things.

I have a couple generals. Not sure if Troxadveh still plays, I'll see if I can track them down though. I can be around this evening to hand out a couple promotions, I'd also be up for doing some aliens with any of my characters.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I would love to be able to get together enough goons to regularly do city raids.

Are you the guy that owns all the shop terminals that say DVD in the Goonsquad city?

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

hahah I remember DVDplayer aka dweia aka the dude with literally 25+ alts, good to know he's still around

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

-Troika- posted:

I would love to be able to get together enough goons to regularly do city raids.

Are you the guy that owns all the shop terminals that say DVD in the Goonsquad city?

No, I am Irole/Ailera/Aldeveli/Tankbear in GC and Vidmaster/Dongfrenzy outside the org.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
Are ely hecks still the #1 way to level compared to anything on RK? Does anything even come close?

Lord Master
Mar 9, 2007

Would a guy with shiny teeth, a crown and a red cape lie to you?
Pretty much, right up until about 120ish when doing missions can net you some good experience, too.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Do any of you have a QL150 support ear you'd be willing to sell? There are none on GMS.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

-Troika- posted:

Do any of you have a QL150 support ear you'd be willing to sell? There are none on GMS.

I can check, but I think 150 is rare as hell and you're better off going with a slightly lower QL until you can wear a 200.

EDGECRUSHER
Feb 28, 2001

-Troika- posted:

I'll check

edit: I've got a 240 Ear Symbiant, Support. Want it?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Hitting up AO Pocket (I don't play, but I still know where to find this stuff) the QL 150 is classified as Very Rare.

You're probably going to have to make due with either the 110 or the 160.

The 110 and 150 both drop off of the Noxious Minx pocket boss. Blueprint parts drop in the NE Necropolis in Lower Scheol.

The 160 drops off of the Mephitic Minx. These blueprint parts drop in the Ergo Necropolis in Lower Scheol.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for the info.

BTW, Roflbot appears to be down at the moment.

EDGECRUSHER, sure, though I can't use it anytime soon vOv

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Work on collecting stuff for Keeper 1st tier armor is going well. I only need a few more things:

6x Consanguineal Embryo of Annwn'Guinee
2x Spongy Novictum

And of course the Ocra/Roch insigs, but I found a place in Ely I can farm them.

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jun 5, 2010

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

-Troika- posted:

Work on collecting stuff for Keeper 1st tier armor is going well. I only need a few more things:

6x Consanguineal Embryo of Annwn'Guinee
2x Spongy Novictum

And of course the Ocra/Roch insigs, but I found a place in Ely I can farm them.

I'm pretty sure I have a bunch of this stuff that I'm happy to part with.

Maxxx
Apr 12, 2006
WHAT
Currently setting up a bot, if you want to join the bot just /tell Rooflebot !join .

First time setting up a bot but so far it's pretty fun figuring out the settings, if any questions message me on Xzeep.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Roflbot is actually back now.

Also, I can finally fit in those drat implants, time to go cluster shopping.

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 7, 2010

Maxxx
Apr 12, 2006
WHAT

-Troika- posted:

Roflbot is actually back now.

Also, I can finally fit in those drat implants, time to go cluster shopping.

Ahh ok, I must have removed the bot from my friends list thinking it wouldn't be back or something.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

In response to /tell Roflbot !join

[Roflbot]: You're not authorized to use this command! Your user level is required to be at least Leader
[Roflbot]: You have been automatically added as member of this bot

First time I've tried dealing with an AO bot, so I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

Maxxx
Apr 12, 2006
WHAT

Conskill posted:

In response to /tell Roflbot !join

[Roflbot]: You're not authorized to use this command! Your user level is required to be at least Leader
[Roflbot]: You have been automatically added as member of this bot

First time I've tried dealing with an AO bot, so I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

The bot should had you as a member after you just sent him a tell. That's what it did to the majority of my characters when I messaged Roflbot.

Superhaus
Jun 9, 2003

I'm probably wasting time right now.
How the hell do I get from Jobe to Rome? I started in Shadowlands but I want to get back to Rome so I can hit Subway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
In Jobe, down the stairs and to the left there is a door you can go through that will take you to the market, and you can portal from there to Jobe platform and then Rome. I haven't done it in so long thats about as specific as I can get.

Jesus, reading the posts made by AO devs on their forums makes me wonder if it isn't just a team of 13 year olds over there. Who the gently caress says "OH HAI". People that should get punched in the face, that's who.

• Locked thread