Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
complex
Sep 16, 2003

Golbez posted:

Does anyone have any idea whatseover what the woman at the very start of the TiVo Series 3 intro movie is saying? "Pa pa paaa?"

For those that want to try to decode it themselves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SKfT9FFO18

I think you have it right. "Pa pa paa, time to go"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I think it's "buckles on" which could be a really awkward way of saying "put your seat belt on, by the way we drive a Prius because we are high income target consumers for premium DVRs".

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

So, microsoft just dropped a quiet bombshell today.

Windows 7 Embedded including media center.

This opens the door for pretty much any CE manufacturer to create a DVR solution without much development time. It will be interesting to see how this develops, but it may just put a shot in the arm of competition for the DVR space.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

bull3964 posted:

So, microsoft just dropped a quiet bombshell today.

Windows 7 Embedded including media center.

This opens the door for pretty much any CE manufacturer to create a DVR solution without much development time. It will be interesting to see how this develops, but it may just put a shot in the arm of competition for the DVR space.

If they can keep the subscriptions free, and get some decently priced boxes out, I could see this making a good splash.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
My TiVo subscription expired 4 days ago; the guy said it will work for one more day, I think. After that, what limitations happen to the device? I know it won't update listings and probably won't automatically record programs anymore, but what else will happen? Will I be able to manually record programs that are on the listing that was there before it died? Or will I have to say "record this channel between these times", or will that even work? Will it be confined solely to controlling the last 30 minutes of live TV?

Odds are I'll be able to pay it tomorrow but I want to know what to expect if I can't.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Golbez posted:

My TiVo subscription expired 4 days ago; the guy said it will work for one more day, I think. After that, what limitations happen to the device? I know it won't update listings and probably won't automatically record programs anymore, but what else will happen? Will I be able to manually record programs that are on the listing that was there before it died? Or will I have to say "record this channel between these times", or will that even work? Will it be confined solely to controlling the last 30 minutes of live TV?

Odds are I'll be able to pay it tomorrow but I want to know what to expect if I can't.

I've only heard conflicting things. I have a box at home with no subscription I could try.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Golbez posted:

You won't be able to download new listings, but your old listings will stay. So, you've probably got about a week's worth of listings. Those you can record as normal. After that, you'll be setting with "Record between X and Y on channel Z."

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

If you use pytivo and have videos with subtitle files, here's how to get the subs to work.

Install AviSynth so you have vsfilter.dll

Make a file called something.avs and put it in one of the folders you use to stream. Inside the file, which I saved as WagesofFear-subs.avs

code:
loadplugin("C:\Program Files\Combined Community Codec Pack\Filters\vsfilter.dll")
DirectShowSource("P:\Movies\Wages Of Fear (1953).avi",convertfps=true)
TextSub("P:\Movies\Wages Of Fear (1953).srt")
In the first line, point it to the vsfilter.dll file
Second line is the path to the movie
Third is the path to the subs.

If you're going to use a .sub or .idx file, replace TextSub with vobsub

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!
So what is there to know about the DirecTiVo? My cable company is shafting me and I'm considering dropping them for satellite, but honestly, my love for my TiVo is making that a difficult decision, despite the savings not only for the cable company, but for my TiVo service.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Anyone else have their TiVo decide it wasn't worth recording last night's new episode of Mythbusters? At 8:45 both tuners were clear and I loaded up an episode of MXC to distract myself for a while and let a bit of the recording build up so I could fast forward the commercials. About 9:10 I finish watching and look down to see both of the record lights still off. I pull up the guide and sure enough it shows the correct episode details and when I changed the channel the episode I expected was playing, but now I had missed the first 10 minutes.

I've never had issues with season passes recording before and again I know both tuners were available the whole time, so was Tivo's guide data messed up?

Also, recently I've had a few instances where I've either turned on my TV or returned to live from a recording and found one tuner displaying just a gray screen. Toggling over to the other tuner, starting a recording, and then attempting to change the channel (forcing the stuck tuner to do something) fixes it about half the time, but sometimes this results in a reboot. I'm way outside of warranty and have installed a 1.5TB hard drive, so at this point the question is can I do anything about this or is it time to start saving for one of the Ceton MCE multi-tuner cards?

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

What was the message in the To Do list? It's the first place to check for when shows don't get recorded like they should.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

chemosh6969 posted:

What was the message in the To Do list? It's the first place to check for when shows don't get recorded like they should.

I have no idea. Didn't know it showed anything after the fact. Any chance it'd still be in there two days later?

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

wolrah posted:

Anyone else have their TiVo decide it wasn't worth recording last night's new episode of Mythbusters? At 8:45 both tuners were clear and I loaded up an episode of MXC to distract myself for a while and let a bit of the recording build up so I could fast forward the commercials. About 9:10 I finish watching and look down to see both of the record lights still off. I pull up the guide and sure enough it shows the correct episode details and when I changed the channel the episode I expected was playing, but now I had missed the first 10 minutes.

Mine didn't either (I have Comcast). I would have never even known there was a new episode because they took a break last week, but I saw a preview for it on Discovery earlier in the week. I saw it wasn't scheduled to record, so I manually added it.

There were no conflicts, and no message in the To-Do list.

This happened once before (I'm thinking it was with my old Series 2 though) - there was a software bug that caused it to stop recording shows, even if there were new episodes on. It would gradually stop recording stuff for no reason, sometimes reshuffling the order of the season passes would fix it, other times you had to reboot. They eventually patched it.

I don't think this is that bug though, because the rest of the stuff I have scheduled all looks correct. It was probably just a one time thing.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Is it possible that it wasn't named Mythbusters on the guide? Could it have been Mythbusters: Subtitle? or something? Or perhaps the metadata was just hosed, labeling it as a rerun or such.

complex
Sep 16, 2003

It appears the guide data for that episode was incomplete. http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=7973259

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

wolrah posted:

I have no idea. Didn't know it showed anything after the fact. Any chance it'd still be in there two days later?

It shows at least a couple weeks in the past.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
I've been a die hard MythTV user for almost 8 years now, but with digital cable and copy protection it has become a pretty unreliable way to record TV. Probably greater than 90% of my recordings are successful, but let's face it, 90% really sucks when you're excited about this week's episode of Blossom and it fails to record. I'm considering making the jump to tivo and I was trying to figure out how it stacks up against MythTV so I was hoping for some help with a couple questions.

First I'd better say that my usage pattern is to set MythTV to record my shows, I watch them within a couple weeks, and delete the recording.

1ab) How does tivo prevent recording of shows I've already seen? I've seen nearly every episode of the Simpsons, so my MythTV is set to record the Simpsons at any time, on any channel. Every great once in a while it will pick up a classic episode on the local syndication, and it always gets the Sunday new episodes. Does the tivo have the ability to record like this? What about if I only wanted new episodes?

2) Conflict resolution. Can I +1/-1 certain series as being more/less likely to be recorded in the case where 2 shows fall at the same time?

3) Advanced Scheduling. Some shows I watch are small local shows and they look like new episodes every time they are on to MythTV. I've set up MythTV to "Find this show once week" and it only records one (which is good because the Florida Fishing Report is on like 8 times a week, 1.5hrs, 720p). I also have some "Find one a day", and some "Only if it is on this channel". Are these supported?

Thanks for any expertise you can share.

Weird Uncle Dave
Sep 2, 2003

I could do this all day.

Buglord
TiVo's "Season Pass" feature will let you specify whether you want to record all episodes of a show, or only first-run episodes, but it's limited to one channel. You'd just set it to record every episode (or every first-run episode) of The Simpsons on your local Fox affiliate and call it a day. If you really want to record every episode of it everywhere, including syndication, you might have to set up a record-by-title job, so if there are any other TV shows or movies with "Simpsons" in the name you'll accidentally get those too.

Scheduling conflicts: For season passes, you can put them in order, specifying what to record in case of a conflict. (Keep in mind that all the current TiVo units have two tuners, so there'd have to be three shows on simultaneously that you want to record for this to be a problem. For me, that's pretty rare.) If you schedule a recording manually, you'll get a pop-up saying that there's a conflict and asking what to record.

As far as your last example, I'm not sure. TiVo's scheduling data usually is pretty good about detecting whether a show really is a first-run or not (that's part of what you pay thirteen bucks a month for, better schedules than the free stuff open-source alternatives use). If the show has any sort of episode number, you should be safe; by default the TiVo keeps about two weeks' history of "I've recorded episode 325 of Deer Hunter Daily," and won't re-record an episode it's already recorded recently. But I can't think of an example from my use that matches this, sorry.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Ooh, that is a good point. As it is now I only have 1 cable box and 1 OTA tuner, so my things on cable are pretty conflict-heavy. If there are 2 cable tuners I bet that would take care of nearly every conflict I have. I also really like being able to just put the season pass in order of preference, considering MythTV's +/- system makes it somewhat ambiguous as to where that show will end up.

Weird Uncle Dave posted:

by default the TiVo keeps about two weeks' history of "I've recorded episode 325 of Deer Hunter Daily," and won't re-record an episode it's already recorded recently.
Hrm yeah it would seem that if it is set to "new episodes only" this would work just fine. What about if I had it set to "record every episode", and it records an episode of CSI:Mars this week. Will it re-record that episode 8 months from now if the network decides it wants to play it again for some reason? I guess that's not such a big issue for me to realize I've already seen and delete it.

I really appreciate the concise answers by the way, thanks.

Weird Uncle Dave
Sep 2, 2003

I could do this all day.

Buglord
If you get a TiVo Premiere, and your cable company will give you a multi-stream CableCARD, you'll be able to record two digital shows at a time. If your cable company doesn't offer those cards (all the big ones do, some smaller ones don't) you'll probably want to get an older TiVo - with that, you'll be able to record one digital show and one basic-cable show at a time, or two basic-cable shows (sounds like what you have right now).

There are two ways to record "every episode" of a show. The first, and probably the more common one, is with a Season Pass. Season Passes are limited to a single channel. If you want to record CSI: Des Moines, you'd just set a Season Pass for that show, and your local CBS affiliate, and it'll either record EVERY episode of the show on CBS, or just the first-run episodes, based on what you select.

If you really want to see every episode of CSI: Des Moines, on every channel, you'd probably have to create a Wish List, based on the show's title. That will record every show with "Des Moines" in the title (for example), on every channel - including the late-night weekend airing on the local Fox affiliate, and the five episodes a day in the afternoon on Spike. The history still only goes back about two weeks, so after a while you'll start getting episodes you've seen before.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Weird Uncle Dave posted:

If you really want to see every episode of CSI: Des Moines, on every channel, you'd probably have to create a Wish List, based on the show's title. That will record every show with "Des Moines" in the title (for example), on every channel - including the late-night weekend airing on the local Fox affiliate, and the five episodes a day in the afternoon on Spike. The history still only goes back about two weeks, so after a while you'll start getting episodes you've seen before.

Isn't the history thirty days? That's what I'd always heard it was.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
I've decided to make the leap and drop MythTV and go to cablecard+tivo. May god have mercy on my soul. Thanks for the technical details.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

I just got an email saying for $99, I can reactivate my old tivo(series 2), that I replaced with a Premier. After that $99, there's no more fees for the box and it'll work like a lifetime.

I must say it's tempting.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Golbez posted:

So what is there to know about the DirecTiVo? My cable company is shafting me and I'm considering dropping them for satellite, but honestly, my love for my TiVo is making that a difficult decision, despite the savings not only for the cable company, but for my TiVo service.

It's a Tivo product, so you can count on it being very late and never being told anything of value by the company.

I've owned three DirecTivos (two still running). When we finally got an HDTV, we had to go with DirecTV's in house DVR. Tivo does some things better than it, and it does some things better than Tivo. All in all, I don't miss having Tivo as my primary DVR at all. With On-Demand, multi-room networking, etc., I'm skeptical that the new DirecTivo will even be able to compete since DirecTV usually nerfs them.

Seriously, don't let the Tivo delay scare you off of DirecTV.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
I received my Tivo yesterday and have had a chance to play around with it. The HD GUI is slow, but not as slow as I expected. I am hopeful they are still working on the software to knock it up a couple notches before they move on to their next hardware series. I like being able to search Netflix and Amazon VOD right along with content coming from cable.

The wishlish would be better if you could set up exact matches. Is there a way to do that? For example, I search for "Archer" and there are no episodes coming up (there may not ever be, who knows) so it suggests making a wishlist title search item for it. Yes, nice. I tell it to record matches because I don't want to have to pop in every week to see if there are new episodes coming and the Tivo records some TV show about archers because the title was a partial match. Can I enter "^Archer$" to anchor the expression? :v:

Also, I got my Premier from a place called electronics-expo.com for only $259 free shipping, and used the promo code "PLSR" when activating Tivo service to get $100 off the lifetime contract. For a first time subscriber, I ended up getting the Premiere and Lifetime Service for $558 total instead of $719 from the tivo site. Thought I'd pass that on.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

It's a Tivo product, so you can count on it being very late and never being told anything of value by the company.

I've owned three DirecTivos (two still running). When we finally got an HDTV, we had to go with DirecTV's in house DVR. Tivo does some things better than it, and it does some things better than Tivo. All in all, I don't miss having Tivo as my primary DVR at all. With On-Demand, multi-room networking, etc., I'm skeptical that the new DirecTivo will even be able to compete since DirecTV usually nerfs them.

Seriously, don't let the Tivo delay scare you off of DirecTV.

Thanks for the comments, though for better or for worse, I've decided to stick with cable+TiVo for at least a while, and get a Premiere. Time will tell if this was a moronic choice or not.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Golbez posted:

Thanks for the comments, though for better or for worse, I've decided to stick with cable+TiVo for at least a while, and get a Premiere. Time will tell if this was a moronic choice or not.

Look at it this way, if you ever change cable companies, you can bring your Tivo along for the ride. Go with DirecTV and you're stuck with DirecTV

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

FYI. It's looking like the copy flag is becoming more and more common on MSOs. I know Verizon has started rolling it out to a few markets with a target of all of them later this year. I've heard similar things about Time Warner and I believe Comcast has it on some stations as well depending on the market.

What that means is no transfer capability. So, no transfer to the PC for archiving and no watching the shows on other TiVos since TiVo doesn't have true multiroom functionality and relies on transferring the file to the other TiVo for playback rather than streaming.

Sigh, more and more I wish they would have gone with a server/thin-client route for this generation of TiVo. One box with drive bays and tuner bays (up to 6) that could stream to cheaper, small, subscriptionless STBs.

Eventually someone will get it right, hopefully.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

bull3964 posted:

Eventually someone will get it right, hopefully.

I'm beginning to think that by the time this finally happens everything will be VOD

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!
At about 7pm last night, my two-year-old refurb TiVo HD finally gave up the ghost. Started rebooting constantly (like, within 10 seconds of the last reboot), and when I unplugged it and replugged it back in, there was no power. A faint click, nothing more. Unless someone has a suggestion on how I can bring it back (and all cables were checked, nothing seems loose...) I guess I'll be moving the Premiere up in my purchasing priorities.

I'm annoyed mainly because I was planning to copy the shows from the old TiVo to the new one, but now that doesn't seem possible. Even if I hooked the drives up to my computer, a) I probably wouldn't be able to rip the files off there, and b) it wouldn't matter, because the files would be split between my main HDD and the expander HDD, right? So it'd be pretty drat hard to get them off there.

A Duck!
Apr 22, 2003

I'm really tired of my terrible DVR from my cable company, so I'm going to pick up a normal Premier this week I think.

If I'm reading this right with a multi-stream CableCARD and maybe a switched signal tuner I can just get rid of the hated DVR/cable box all together right?

And how well does pyTiVo work? I have a Mac mini (2.26ghz c2d, 2g ram) hooked up to my receiver over HDMI and it works great, just always a pain in the rear end to control without going in remotely. I basically just want to be able to stream h264 720/1080 content to my TiVo (on the fly transcoding is fine) without too terrible of a quality loss, or the TiVo slowing down a ton.

Brock Landers
Jul 28, 2004

You're a donkey. I like that.
FYI: tivo.com is selling refurb TiVO HDs for $99 shipped. My initial plan was to get the Ceton 4-tuner card, but I thought about it again and we have really cut back our TV usage dramatically that now I want to focus on cutting costs. I have a Windows Media Center PC so I don't really care about the Premiere's features. Tivo service is 10 a month, same as our cable company, and I'd be getting a better device. I also could drop the $8 a month they charge me for a box. I don't even really care about cable stations in HD, just the networks, so I won't need to rent a CableCARD either and could therefore drop their stupid "Digital Gateway" fee for $7 month (my provider still sends the analog channels). No more Discovery HD but... meh I only watch Mythbusters anyway and the wife only watches HGTV. Don't need HD for that crap.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=194168&site=lr_cable

quote:

TiVo's Crafting a Whole-Home DVR

TiVo Inc. (Nasdaq: TIVO) has confirmed it's developing a new client box for a whole-home DVR for MSOs, with Multimedia over Coax Alliance (MoCA) being one of the high-speed home networking technologies it's considering.

Suddenlink Communications , the first MSO TiVo has signed for the multi-room DVR, expects to start deployments sometime next year as part of a distribution deal the companies announced today. (See Suddenlink Boxes Up TiVo Deal .)

RCN Corp. (Nasdaq: RCNI) would be another candidate, since it already offers the TiVo "Premiere" box as its primary DVR in some markets. (See RCN Makes TiVo Its Dominant DVR.)

TiVo senior VP of corporate development and strategy Naveen Chopra tells Light Reading Cable that his company will be developing both the software and the hardware for a whole-home product that would feed off an MSO-customized version of TiVo's Premiere box. TiVo has similar projects overseas, but most of them call for TiVo's software to be ported to third-party boxes. (See TiVo Hopes to Reign in Spain and TiVo Coming to Virgin's Non-DVRs, Too.)

"We're developing a client box" for MSOs, Chopra says, but he isn't elaborating on specifics, such as how many TVs and other devices would be supported by the new multi-room product.

However, TiVo wants to ensure that the experience on the client boxes mirrors what customers can do on the Premiere DVR. "That's a key design principle for us," Chopra says.

TiVo is considering a "couple of choices" when it comes to the home networking technology for the multi-room DVR. "We think MoCA will be a very popular answer for many operators," Chopra says, noting that it would be "easy" to modify the Premiere box for MoCA. That would obviously represent growth potential for Entropic Communications Inc. (Nasdaq: ENTR) and Broadcom Corp. (Nasdaq: BRCM), still the only companies that make MoCA chips. (See MoCA Is Go for 2.0.)

TiVo hasn't announced plans to make a similar whole-home client to support its retail DVR products, though Chopra acknowledges it would be a "logical" thing to do. Such a product would likely involve wireless home networking.

In targeting MSOs, TiVo would compete with traditional cable suppliers including Cisco Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: CSCO), Motorola Inc. (NYSE: MOT), and Pace plc . (See Mediacom Rolls Whole-Home DVR, Cox Guides Tru2way Forward, and Comcast: 'AnyRoom DVR' is Live in 20+ Markets .)

A retail play would help TiVo also match up against Arris Group Inc. (Nasdaq: ARRS)'s Moxi, a multi-room HD-DVR with thin clients called Moxi Mates. Arris also sells a more limited, standalone Moxi HD-DVR directly to MSOs and has fancier multimedia gateways on the horizon. (See Arris Tunes Up Moxi Box , Arris Digs Digeo ,What Digeo Was Making , Digeo Flips Switch on SDV, Multi-Room , and Digeo Gives Arris Multimedia Gateway Potential .)

Chopra says TiVo's stance on tru2way remains unchanged. It's still developing a tru2way-based guide but has no plans to make tru2way boxes for retail or for direct-to-MSO distribution. (See TiVo Gives Cable Both Barrels and TiVo Building tru2way Version of New Interface.)

"For Tier 2 operators, frankly, we're not seeing a great deal of inertia on tru2way deployment," he says. "We don't believe tru2way solves the problem of a retail set-top box."

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!
I tried several times but just can't figure out what the hell they're saying. Is there a Cliff's Notes version?

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

quote:

Suddenlink Communications , the first MSO TiVo has signed for the multi-room DVR, expects to start deployments sometime next year as part of a distribution deal the companies announced today. (See Suddenlink Boxes Up TiVo Deal .)

For those who don't speak Tivo or have a conversion chart handy, "...sometime next year..." translates roughly to, "...early 2013..."

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

It's about goddamn motherfucking time!

Though, as Mr. Funny Pants said, I won't expect to see anything until I'm too blind to watch TV.

Also, the way the article is worded, it doesn't seem like they are going to run retail with these boxes, only offer them though MSOs. They mention it, but it just seems very vague.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 21, 2010

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
If anyone is interested, My family just switched to Dish so I'd be more then willing to make someone a deal on my Tivo HD. Shoot me a P.M. if your interested, I know the refurbs are going for $99 on the TiVo site, so maybe $80 shipped?

Brock Landers
Jul 28, 2004

So it looks like that Cox/TiVo deal has final bared some fruit:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/12/cox-to-offer-retail-tivo-premiere-dvrs-next-year-first-with-cab/

The big news is that they aren't gimping the boxes in any way. You can actually use any retail TiVo box and Cox will support it AND allow access to their VOD service. I live in a Cox market so this is really awesome, but I JUST bought a TiVO HD box. I guess now I know why my CableCARD install went so smoothly and the tech knew exactly what he was doing.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!
I've been using streambaby and it's amazing, but I wanted to learn more about pushing videos to the Tivo, either with Streambaby or PyTivo or something. Is it possible to push videos to the TiVo automatically? Without having to go through the TiVo or some web interface? Just run some batch file?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Landers
Jul 28, 2004

Golbez posted:

I've been using streambaby and it's amazing, but I wanted to learn more about pushing videos to the Tivo, either with Streambaby or PyTivo or something. Is it possible to push videos to the TiVo automatically? Without having to go through the TiVo or some web interface? Just run some batch file?

Yup. Check out this:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=419994#A5

With Tivo Desktop or Pytivo, you can specify auto transfer folders and anything you put in there will be pushed to the Tivo. Keep in mind that only MPEG2 pushes are supported, so anything you put in there will be transcoded to MPEG2.

• Locked thread