Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

my dog boyfriend!!! posted:

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

My sister and her husband's new puppy, Emory. Born from a German Shepherd-mysteryhound mix and a pit bull-mysteryanimal mix. She's going to be a big drooling retard :3: And the only reason I'm posting it is because I want to steal this loving dog right out from under her nose I am so jealous

LOOK AT HER

I had to post again because fuuuuuck this is 5 months later and she's HUGE. She's hiding in the bath because storms are scary.

It's my responsibility to be puppy handler during my sister's wedding ceremony and frankly I don't know if I can control this bear :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

So I may be adopting this fella from a friend of mine. I'm just a bit curious as to what he could possibly be, breed wise. He's adorable, nonetheless. Eagerly waiting for said friend to get home so we can talk.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Transmogrifier posted:

So I may be adopting this fella from a friend of mine. I'm just a bit curious as to what he could possibly be, breed wise. He's adorable, nonetheless. Eagerly waiting for said friend to get home so we can talk.

I'd guess maybe a smooth border collie mix?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Sefiros posted:

Click here for the full 1366x1024 image.

This is my girlfriend's dog. We've been told by different people that he's a Pomeranian or a Chihuahua, but I don't think he looks like either.

Any clues?

that is for sure a 100% purebred Pom.

Follow these rules to figure out if it's a Pom:

1) Does it spin like a dumbass when it's happy or wants something from you?

2) Does it paw or scratch at the ground when you've forgotten to fill his water/food WALK ME NOW OR I'LL POOP ON THE FLOOR I SWEAR TO GOD?

3) Does it attack any dog, even if it's 15 times its size?

4) Doe sit try it's hardest to jump over your head when you take out it's leash for walk-time?

If you answer yes to the above, it's a Pomeranian.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

This is Kolur. His mom was a yellow labrador, and his father was a black rough collie. He's 12 years old, and in surprisingly good health for his age. His only real problem is that his hearing is pretty much gone - We suspect that it's because he spent his entire life barking at loving everything which dared to come within earshot of our house. In his old age he doesn't really give a poo poo about that anymore and just kind of chills on the couches in our living room and watches traffic go by. He also farts a lot.

He loves snow.

aaa oh god what is this i dont even get it off

Terrapinata
Sep 12, 2008
Spike the wolfhound X bullterrior and Little Miss Gromet, the Kelpie X jack russel at play.

Spike likes 'em BIG!

Please note that she wasn't humping, just climbing all over the poor old boy!
I love my puppies, they crack me up.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

stab posted:

that is for sure a 100% purebred Pom.

Follow these rules to figure out if it's a Pom:

1) Does it spin like a dumbass when it's happy or wants something from you?

2) Does it paw or scratch at the ground when you've forgotten to fill his water/food WALK ME NOW OR I'LL POOP ON THE FLOOR I SWEAR TO GOD?

3) Does it attack any dog, even if it's 15 times its size?

4) Doe sit try it's hardest to jump over your head when you take out it's leash for walk-time?

If you answer yes to the above, it's a Pomeranian.

hahahahhahahaha yes, yes this is all accurate. this man knows his fluffdogs. :3:

But, hate to break it to you, that dog ain't no Pom. See it's face? That's a traditional Chihuahua dome, not the more rounded and set back Pom skull. It doesn't have Pom ears, or a Pom mouth, so if it does have Pom in there somewhere it's likely one of those long haired chihuahuas that have been bred with Poms for extra coat.

Here's some pics for reference (not my pics):

This is a purebred Pom

This is what most people think a purebred Pom looks like, but it is not:

And this is a show quality long haired Chihuahua:

See? That is probably what that mystery dog is, maybe with a little Pom in the background mix. A lot of less-than reputable breeders sometimes mix Pom in to get a bigger/stronger coat, and many more people mix them together just for fun, so you can never really tell, but that head carriage and ear set is a dead giveaway that that dog is mostly Chi.

Sorry for the spergin'. I just get very nitpicky about this, because everyone in my area who thinks they have a Pom either has one of the stilt-legged fox dogs or a long haired chihuahua. Nothin wrong with that, of course, but that's not what they're supposed to look like! ;)

Captain Foxy fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 31, 2010

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
if that's the case.... then what the hell do I have then?

(I inherited this dog from my grandfather, my uncles told me he's a pure Pom... are my uncles full of poo poo?)

say hello ti lou!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

stab posted:

if that's the case.... then what the hell do I have then?

abominable snowmonster of cute

(Probably just a bigger/foxier faced Pom. Could be mixed but is probably just a different lookin' purebred. That also happens. Sometimes breeders toss in German Spitz for increased size and better whelping, or so I'm told.)

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

Does Ruari come from Georgia? Because she's a dead ringer for my dog, Freya, who does. Got her from a friend who got her from a rescue so we have no idea what she might be. Beagle/Shepard? Maybe?

This is where she would like to sleep with my hubby and I. It is only with great begrudging sacrifice that she will move to the foot and allow us stinky humans to sleep in her bed with her.

[/quote]

No we're in V.A. and there were 6 in her litter up for adoption at the rescue group we went to 3 girls and 3 boys. We've seen one boy and one girl so far at the rescue group when we stop by to visit. I think they have all been adopted finally though, because I don't see them there anymore.

Nerdmann
Sep 21, 2007

Toussaint Louverture posted:

This is a Greyhound cross if I've ever seen one. They always make for gorgeous dogs.

That would make a lot of sense, because he does sooo many traditional Greyhound behaviors like leaning on anyone who pets him, sitting like a sphinx (he dislikes sitting normally, his butt doesn't touch) and his bark is a definite Arooo-rooo-roo. The sighthound thing works as well because he literally will not chase anything once it goes out of sight and has a rather strong prey instinct that makes us nervous about him and cats. The shelter said Dobie/Lab, but he really doesn't seem like that to us. Anyway here's more pics!

Action shot....

Edit: if he's a greyhound mix, then I will seriously think about getting a greyhound mix for our new home since I love those behaviors.

Nerdmann fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 1, 2010

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
Here is Maya our now 5 month old lab / doberman(?) mix.

Here is the day we got her.

Here she is about 3-4 weeks later with our other dog Luna. I wonder if anyone has treats.

Here is Maya's first time in the water. She was pretty scared of it at first. But after watching Luna have a blast she forgot all about being scared and joined the fun.

Here they are actually sitting calmy together. Having that happen and being able to snap a pic never happens. This was ataken about 3 weeks ago or so.

Edit: For better pic

Dial M for MURDER fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 1, 2010

Dude With Pants
May 29, 2010
This is Theodore , he is about 7 years old and i have no idea what he is :)

Vykk Draygo
Nov 26, 2005

Let's Do This.
Alright, I just got this 6 month old pup about a week ago, the guy I got him from said he was a Cain Corso / Bull Mastiff mix, but I don't think he was too sure. I think he has mastiff in him because of his size, but he doesn't really look like either in the face....maybe you guys have some idea?

Vykk Draygo
Nov 26, 2005

Let's Do This.

Dude With Pants posted:

This is Theodore , he is about 7 years old and i have no idea what he is :)

looks like a golden retriever / lab mix

The Swinemaster
Dec 28, 2005

Healy posted:

Alright, I just got this 6 month old pup about a week ago, the guy I got him from said he was a Cain Corso / Bull Mastiff mix, but I don't think he was too sure. I think he has mastiff in him because of his size, but he doesn't really look like either in the face....maybe you guys have some idea?

Venezuelan Penisdog

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Healy posted:

I can see Bull Mastiff in the face for sure. Don't know what else but he is loving adorable :3:

Vykk Draygo
Nov 26, 2005

Let's Do This.

The Swinemaster posted:

Venezuelan Penisdog

haha yes, it happens a lot when he sits....

BigTeaBag
Dec 9, 2004
The Matrix is about black chicks.
Here are my two boys:

Benji

Harlan

They are supposedly brothers, but I am not quite sure what they are. Kelpie, some type of terrier, and Aussie are the only things that come to mind.

Dog Jabber
May 19, 2010
This is Brak, and she is the best dog. We got her for my dad when I was about 8. We had recently been temporary owners of my grandma's little poo poo of a toy poodle and my dad kept saying the family would never have another dog. My dad loves dogs too much and what he really meant is "I never want to take care of a fragile frilly lap dog again." So we got my dad a MANS DOG for his birthday. She is lab/GSD apparently, but I've always suspected something else, what with the white markings and spotty tongue (not pictured).

Brak is an inside dog (too territorial to let her roam) and she sheds like no tomorrow, so she gets a haircut twice a year. Once in winter when the coat grows in thick, and once in summer when she's supposed to shed it all out.

Couch potato. When she was little she wasn't allowed on furniture. My dad's soft spot for her just kept growing as she got older (she'll be 12 this month) and lets her lay on couches and beds all she wants.

She is always nervous in the car until the windows go down. That doesn't happen on the annual Christmas Tree hunt.

Bad cell phone picture of her in the snow. She loves to be outside, but the winter just kind of pisses her off because she can't get her dog-tan on.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Healy posted:

Head is all wrong for either of those breeds, it's way too small. Looks like a mutted up pit bull mix.

Gorfob
Feb 10, 2007
This is Tip.

She was as huge, strong and totally insane.

She died not long ago and I still blame myself. It was Friday and when I was leaving for work I said goodbye and thought to myself "Holy poo poo you are hairy and probably rather warm I'm going to bath and brush all your coat out tomorrow"

She was dead when I got home. Found her in her favorite cool spot under the stairs in the little dugout she had made in the cool dust. She looked like she was sleeping.

:smith:

loving miss this dog so much.

As for what she was it was "husky something something". We had no idea she would get so huge because dad just grabbed her from the side of the road at about 4 weeks old and was 100% black except for the white "Tip" on her tail.

Gorfob fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jun 3, 2010

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004
Of course... If the Jell-O gets moldy, the whole thing should be set aflame.

New pics of my two mutts.

Rusty taking a ride in the car

Kara and I (she is worrying about the impending thunderstorm)

herbaceous backson
Mar 10, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
New mutt:

any ideas what kind of breed she is?

Some kind of lab mix?

Wide Area Network
May 6, 2009

Connecting the world...FOR EVIL
Just rescued this little gentleman two days ago. He couldn't be any sweeter. My best guess is German Shepherd/Rhodesian? Any other thoughts?

His name is Wally Backman.

saulwright
Jan 12, 2005
This is Oswald. We adopted him a few weeks ago. Sorry for the sleeping pictures, I'll try to add better ones when I get home.

At the shelter, his info card was just labeled "spaniel mix." He is around the same size as a pure cocker spaniel, but his fur seems to be slightly straighter and his snout / head shape seem to be slightly off. He is excellent with people- playful, quiet, etc., but he is fairly aggressive toward other dogs (getting slightly better though!). Also, I have never had a more protective buddy- if the front door opens while the sun is down, he goes from snoozing to growling and just generally being on-the-case in seconds.

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"

saulwright posted:

This is Oswald. We adopted him a few weeks ago. Sorry for the sleeping pictures, I'll try to add better ones when I get home.

At the shelter, his info card was just labeled "spaniel mix." He is around the same size as a pure cocker spaniel, but his fur seems to be slightly straighter and his snout / head shape seem to be slightly off. He is excellent with people- playful, quiet, etc., but he is fairly aggressive toward other dogs (getting slightly better though!). Also, I have never had a more protective buddy- if the front door opens while the sun is down, he goes from snoozing to growling and just generally being on-the-case in seconds.

You found Cinnamons lost brother

Our vet said she is a Pekinese mix.
And this is my uncles dog Blondie, a siberian/german shep mix

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
They told us she was a Lab mix from the agency, the vet we took her to when she had an upper respiratory infection (she was a stray) told us she was an Australian Cattle Dog. We thought our pup might have been a shiba for like a day when we first got her. She was the cutest little puppy and her colors are just like them.

We're not sure what she is but she's awesome.

Once we got her back from the vet she just liked to hang out near us

What a pretty face.

She's really chill:

But still a huge goofball:

She sure does like to sleep though, but what dog doesn't. Taken today.

Any thoughts on what kind of dog she is would be great. More pictures here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3171820&pagenumber=14#post377952302

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Say hello to Priscilla, she lives with my brother. I've known her since she was a very small pup, must be 8 years old or so by now, and she's getting some gray hairs.

I love her face.

And her coat of hair gets kind of like a boar's, it's awesome.
Also I don't know where she stores all the food she eats.

And I don't know what breed she is.

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 9, 2010

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Pochoclo posted:

Say hello to Priscilla, she lives with my brother. I've known her since she was a very small pup, must be 8 years old or so by now, and she's getting some gray hairs.

And I don't know what breed she is.
Well I can tell you for sure she's a terrier mix of some kind.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
Emma has grown a bit and now we really don't know what she is, although clearly not a sheltie mix. My current guess is Shiba X Basenji. She makes basenji-like noises, the coloring makes sense, and she is extremely strong-willed.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair
I'd love to hear a few guesses about what my recent pound dog actually is:

He's got webbed paws and a mainly black (but some red) tongue. Also it's not really seen in the photos but he is really skinny and has a really long tail. I dunno if any of that is relevant though.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

RiggenBlaque posted:

I'd love to hear a few guesses about what my recent pound dog actually is:

He's got webbed paws and a mainly black (but some red) tongue. Also it's not really seen in the photos but he is really skinny and has a really long tail. I dunno if any of that is relevant though.

MickRaider posted:

She sure does like to sleep though, but what dog doesn't. Taken today.

Any thoughts on what kind of dog she is would be great. More pictures here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3171820&pagenumber=14#post377952302
You both appear to have the super ultra rare american brown dog

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!

Kerfuffle posted:

You both appear to have the super ultra rare american brown dog

Except she's red/gold and white.

Elle Driver
May 10, 2009

GAR GAN TUAN

CompactFanny posted:

I've been wondering what the hell kind of dog Bo is. He's a grumpy old man, not very smart, anxiety issues, food allergies... he's about 12 years old I think, and weighs probably 60 pounds or so. He's not enormous, but not tiny. He's grumpy in these because to get him to stand up I told him we were going for a ride and that was a lie.

Just wondering....have you heard/seen this?

Made my dad cry the other day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUNJjIwlHk8

snarkcookie
Mar 25, 2007

Delicious Sarcastic Morsels with Every Bite!
Just got a puppy! She's 20 weeks old and we just picked her up today. I know part of this thread is figuring out the breed, but I'm pretty sure what the shelter had her listed as is fairly accurate considering Australian Shepherd fits with the lack of tail and face shape, and the webbed toes backs up the listing of Catahoula Leopard Dog as her heritage, but I'm interested in others opinions on her.

Her ears aren't really as bat like as they are in these pictures. She can prop them straight up or lay them back as she pleases.

She certainly is unique lookin'.

I'll have to take some pictures when she's settled in myself, these are just pictures from when she was at the shelter.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

snarkcookie posted:

There's definitely some Aussie in her. Unfortunately I'm not going to be much help placing what else there might be. She's absolutely beautiful though.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

a life less posted:

There's definitely some Aussie in her. Unfortunately I'm not going to be much help placing what else there might be. She's absolutely beautiful though.

Maybe Aussie/Cattle hound?

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

snarkcookie posted:

Just got a puppy! She's 20 weeks old and we just picked her up today. I know part of this thread is figuring out the breed, but I'm pretty sure what the shelter had her listed as is fairly accurate considering Australian Shepherd fits with the lack of tail and face shape, and the webbed toes backs up the listing of Catahoula Leopard Dog as her heritage, but I'm interested in others opinions on her.

Her ears aren't really as bat like as they are in these pictures. She can prop them straight up or lay them back as she pleases.

She certainly is unique lookin'.

I'll have to take some pictures when she's settled in myself, these are just pictures from when she was at the shelter.

Miniature Speckled Ear Dog. They have competitions to see how far they can glide using their ears as wings. (So cute :3:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

allimill
Aug 21, 2005

Wide Area Network posted:

Just rescued this little gentleman two days ago. He couldn't be any sweeter. My best guess is German Shepherd/Rhodesian? Any other thoughts?

His name is Wally Backman.

Looks like my June! At least when she was a puppy.

The Bug now (couldn't find any puppy pics). As far as the vet can tell, she is possibly a Cattle Dog/Pit mix, really common breeds around here, with maybe a touch of something else thrown in.