Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Part bump, part cool story:

So it was my dad's birthday today, and one of his friends is a very well to do doctor. He owns a late 80's and early 90's porsche (I don't know the model, doh), and has been racing for like thirty years.

He drove me around in my own car :razz:

It was like magic. Every time he took a turn I could swear the front end was going to fly out, but that man knows what he was doing. Stayed glued to the road. I wish I could drive :negative:

He did like the car though! Said he had heard a lot about mazda3's but had never driven one. He seemed impressed with my little econobox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

DropShadow posted:

If I were an APR dealer, I'd set up shop right next to a VW dealer and flag new GTI owners down as they left the lot. How does your new car compare to the R32, especially now that it's chipped?

Just hit 1K miles :dance: Already faster than R32.

Hatebreed fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jun 6, 2010

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Spoiler alert: Blood Ravens are actually Hiigarans who got sucked into the warp, were sent back in time to fight in WWII against the Panzer Elite, then stole a nazi time machine to go into the future and save mankind from an army of Lobster-Elephants and other impossible creatures.

Rated R.
Booyah

(own hosting)

$100 can get you this. it has some problems like the e brake was stuck, the passenger door didn't open and the engine needs a total rebuild. But it's still the sweetest thing ever.

Lemonus
Apr 25, 2005

Return dignity to the art of loafing.

Osmethae posted:

My finished '66 Impala SS.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q214/Osmethae/Tranquility-1.jpg

That is so freaking cool.

I really enjoy the setting of the picture too. Has a grungy feel. Badass.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Scionix posted:

Part bump, part cool story:

So it was my dad's birthday today, and one of his friends is a very well to do doctor. He owns a late 80's and early 90's porsche (I don't know the model, doh), and has been racing for like thirty years.

He drove me around in my own car :razz:

It was like magic. Every time he took a turn I could swear the front end was going to fly out, but that man knows what he was doing. Stayed glued to the road. I wish I could drive :negative:

He did like the car though! Said he had heard a lot about mazda3's but had never driven one. He seemed impressed with my little econobox.

In my experience the 3 handles very confidently. It's easy to direct, and although you can feel how nose heavy it is, it's very easy to get going where you want it to.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Lemonus posted:

I really enjoy the setting of the picture too. Has a grungy feel. Badass.

Looks like some good old fashioned "Michigan Squander"

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales
Just gone from this to this;

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Literally just picked it up. Immaculate and electric everything. Quicker than my old Beamer too. And before you ask, it's a 1.6.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

CharlesM posted:

In my experience the 3 handles very confidently. It's easy to direct, and although you can feel how nose heavy it is, it's very easy to get going where you want it to.

Yeah, he said he was surprised how stiff it was. I was too busy white knuckling the passenger side door handle to appreciate any sort of compliments at that point.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE

SpartanIV posted:

I got a Kia Soul as late graduation gift. I love it! It's my first manual and a lot of fun to drive although the engine is a bit small. Can't argue with 26ish mpg though. Especially after switching from a Suburban that got 10mpg :smith:

Are you driving it really hard? Or is the estimated really 26 mpg? It seems to me that a car that size should be getting at least +30...

KlementGottwald
Dec 24, 2009

by angerbot

Blocko posted:

Booyah

(own hosting)

$100 can get you this. it has some problems like the e brake was stuck, the passenger door didn't open and the engine needs a total rebuild. But it's still the sweetest thing ever.

:coal:

100$ dollars, despite the problems, is robbery. Nice.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Oxphocker posted:

Are you driving it really hard? Or is the estimated really 26 mpg? It seems to me that a car that size should be getting at least +30...
Well I'm still learning stick, but with my last fill up, the math came out to 30.5 mpg, and I still have a lot of room for improvement on my shifting.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
I bought this earlier today for $800:

Click here for the full 1536x2048 image.

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

It is a 1998 Dodge Intrepid ES with 210k miles. It has working air and the body is straight except the busted up front bumper. It needs brakes (already in progress), accessory belts (ordered and on their way) and struts. I'm also going to replace the fluids and filters and the timing belt and water pump before I take it on a 1500 mile road trip in two weeks.

Marvel
Jun 9, 2010
Here's my 2006 RX-8:

Click here for the full 1000x666 image.

Yeah it's a little fussy and has some quirks but it is FUN to drive.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Straight outta Trollhättan :whatup:

2000 Saab 9-3 2.0t, got it last week. I love it so far, I also really dig the color.

Parked next to my neighbour's (much nicer) 9-5:

:haw:

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Nuclear Tourist posted:

:lol:

It's so very very.. Swedish with those extra headlights too.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I got a thing yesterday.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Its a wagon.

A silver one.

With a pretty good interior.

And a lot of storage space!

Its a 2004 Mazda 6 with 184k miles on it. My only problem with it is there doesnt seem to be any easy way to hook up an ipod to it without one of those FM transmitters.

numba1wonga
Jan 18, 2005

This girl just took a gigantic poop all over herself.

Great Beer posted:

Its a 2004 Mazda 6 with 184k miles on it. My only problem with it is there doesnt seem to be any easy way to hook up an ipod to it without one of those FM transmitters.

Good looking wagon! I wanted one but couldn't find any in my area in manual with low miles, so I settled on the hatchback.

I used this adapter to connect my ipod.

http://indashpc.org/new/aux_adapters/grom-aux-maz.html

Taking out the integrated head unit is actually pretty easy, you'll have to take out the plastic surrounding the shifter as well as the cupholders to access some of the screws. There should only be a few screws holding the thing in and then you kind of have to pull it out. The harness plugs right in and there is a huge empty space back there to hold the box thing. Took me about an hour to take apart, plug in, and put back together and I'm an idiot. I routed the cable out through that little flap where the ashtray and cig lighter are but the cable is long enough to route through the cupholder area or the armrest box.

The way you switch to aux input is by pressing CD twice; the problem I had with mine is that it made my CD player stop working. This wasn't a big deal for me because I don't play CDs but it's something you should look out for. I've had mine in for over a year now and it's been working fine.

edit: my car is an 05, don't know if that makes a difference.

edit2: Don't remember if I ever posted pictures in this thread.

Love this front bumper:

Replacement for this:

Which I then gave to my brother and together we stenciled the crap out of it. I might get some new pictures later.

numba1wonga fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 10, 2010

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Unfortunately since its an 04 I have to do a little soldering work to use one of those. I'll take the cheap route for now, since it has very little possibility of destroying my radio with my ham-handed soldering.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
I've wanted something faster than my Focus ZX5 for a while but I still wanted a practical DD. I shopped the GTI, WRX and all the usual sporty econoboxes in the $30k CDN range - ended up with this happy little guy back in January.

2010 Mazdaspeed3, I think the only thing I didn't really love about it was the smiley grill, so I bought it in black (hides it well enough). I've really grown to love the look of the car and have very little to complain about after 4300kms.

I don't believe there were any options on this car in Canada, just take it as is (meaning the optional tech package in the US was required here).

I almost thought I could get away with riding out the last couple months of winter on the stock summers...boy was that a mistake. The car sat in my driveway for a week or two because it started to snow immediately as I left the dealership...

Eventually I got some winter wheels and tires for it. A set of four 205/55R16 Continental Extreme Winter Contacts on steelies. Just barely cleared the front brakes.

Was especially thrilled when the car was added to Forza 3 this week.

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Great Beer posted:

Unfortunately since its an 04 I have to do a little soldering work to use one of those. I'll take the cheap route for now, since it has very little possibility of destroying my radio with my ham-handed soldering.

Check out this thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2233053&pagenumber=123#lastpost there might be some better hints there, or just create your own question and post it, and the guys over there should be able to shed some light also

Boogat
Jan 5, 2006

Oh, I am serious. Look, this is my serious face.
Nice MS3. I'm wishing I spent the extra money and went with the speed3. Still love my 3 though, but I just want the extra pep that the speed offers.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Great Beer posted:

Nothing here that will work?

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Picked it up yesterday. Brand new Subaru Impreza. When I picked it up yesterday at 4PM it had 16 kilometers on it. Today at 10PM it has 275 :)

I got the sport body kit (obviously) and leather interior. I just cant get over how well it handles.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

Hammer Floyd posted:

Picked it up yesterday. Brand new Subaru Impreza. When I picked it up yesterday at 4PM it had 16 kilometers on it. Today at 10PM it has 275 :)

I got the sport body kit (obviously) and leather interior. I just cant get over how well it handles.

Nice buy! If you have the occasion, and are at all interested, you could look at a beefier rear swaybar, the Imprezas understeer a bit at the limits, and it will handle much more neutrally with the back end tightened up.

Enjoy!

plecostomus
Oct 17, 2009

Toned down for your pleasure

Hammer Floyd posted:

Nice car sir. Do you live in Ramsay Street? That looks like Ramsay Street. I want to live in Ramsay Street.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
Not Ramsay street, but Australia, yes :)

I am interested in doing it up a little so I'll consider the sway bars. At the moment I haven't got it anywhere near its limit. To say it takes corners a bit better than a 1996 Nissan Pulsar is an understatement ;)

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

DropShadow posted:

Nothing here that will work?

A little late on this reply but no, not without modification. The bits I have to solder together enable the CD changer port that those things plug in to. This problem is specific to 2004 models.

However, when I get some more spare cash I might just replace the entire center console with one of these so I can get a more modern head unit and have more options for upgrading the sound system in the future.

ssh
Dec 9, 2001

by elpintogrande
Made up my mind. It's mine.

(Pic is for representational purposes only; I can't get the car until next week and my dumb rear end formatted the phone's SD card to put music on it earlier, oops).

2001 B205R w/ TD04 and 90k miles with all records since purchased and all maint? Under KBB for a non-Aero package price? Sure, what the hell.

:dance:

Thinking of a dumb vanity plate. So far, BRTHMNT is winning in my head.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Great Beer posted:

A little late on this reply but no, not without modification. The bits I have to solder together enable the CD changer port that those things plug in to. This problem is specific to 2004 models.

However, when I get some more spare cash I might just replace the entire center console with one of these so I can get a more modern head unit and have more options for upgrading the sound system in the future.

I know my Auxmod plugs into the tape deck port, but that only gives you a 3.5mm input, not an iPod control. Maybe you could find somebody selling a 2005 model radio for cheap or something.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

ssh posted:

Made up my mind. It's mine.

(Pic is for representational purposes only; I can't get the car until next week and my dumb rear end formatted the phone's SD card to put music on it earlier, oops).

2001 B205R w/ TD04 and 90k miles with all records since purchased and all maint? Under KBB for a non-Aero package price? Sure, what the hell.

:dance:

Thinking of a dumb vanity plate. So far, BRTHMNT is winning in my head.

Congratulations, newly acquired Saab friend. Your car looks sweet.

Sons of Angels
Dec 28, 2006

This is my RenaultSport Clio 197

These are old pictures, as it now has Xenon headlamps that aren't so bling-chromey.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I love the interior and that last photo is ace.

Tytanium
Oct 27, 2006

YASSEAH!
Pictures aren't the best, but the lighting sucked and I forgot my tripod :(

Obligatory syph0n™ shot

Yes, my license plate is duct taped into place, and it's going to stay that way until I can figure out how to unscrew the mounting screws.

I'll get some more when the lighting is better (maybe after I get it lowered too(!)

ssh
Dec 9, 2001

by elpintogrande

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Congratulations, newly acquired Saab friend. Your car looks sweet.

Thanks. This is #3. One has to sit outside now.

JaKyJe
Jun 15, 2010

by angerbot
Here is the crew, the Vet and Hummer are for sale, want to get a 2011 STS V Coupe.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

JaKyJe posted:

Here is the crew, the Vet and Hummer are for sale, want to get a 2011 STS V Coupe.

RealAmerican.jpeg

lazer_chicken
May 14, 2009

PEW PEW ZAP ZAP

JaKyJe posted:

This needs to go in the 'merican large displacement car thread. I think the snow on the ground really completes this picture. What goes best with motorcycles and overpowered RWD cars? Snow!

localized
Mar 30, 2008

Nuclear Tourist posted:

How are those mounted?

JaKyJe
Jun 15, 2010

by angerbot

lazer_chicken posted:

This needs to go in the 'merican large displacement car thread. I think the snow on the ground really completes this picture. What goes best with motorcycles and overpowered RWD cars? Snow!

The Charger is alright in the snow, the Hummer is as if there is no snow, the Vet stays in the garage. They just came out for a picture :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Got my car back from getting hail damage repair work done to it

As well as getting the roof and bonnet fixed, they replaced some of the window rubbers, as they had tears in them from the hail damage.

Car's looking like a million dollars at the moment (as long as you ignore the stone chip damage on the bonnet)