Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOriginalEd
Oct 29, 2007

Caffeine Transcendent
I bought Eternal Sonata when it came out on the ps3 :smith: can they just send me a localized version of Vesperia to make up for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

There's no way in hell Namco are going to release a game in Europe first. If it took anything less than a year after the US release to make it over here, I would honestly be amazed. :effort:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
You know, I'm starting to think localization should be done on the ransom method. Announce that you're considering localizing something, then put it up for preorder. If you get enough preorders make it, if not refund them all.

Honestly this thread would have sold me two copies of Vesperia PS3.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

wdarkk posted:

Honestly this thread would have sold me two copies of Vesperia PS3.

To be perfectly honest, if they'd localized Vesperia PS3, there is a very very large chance that I would have tried to trade in my 360 for a PS3.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Vyse_23 posted:

To be perfectly honest, if they'd localized Vesperia PS3, there is a very very large chance that I would have tried to trade in my 360 for a PS3.

Hell, my roommate and I bought a 360 solely for Tales of Vesperia. We also bought Star Ocean: The Last Hope but that game should never be mentioned again.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Eddain posted:

Hell, my roommate and I bought a 360 solely for Tales of Vesperia.

My buddy introduced me to the Tales series with Symphonia, so when I found out the Vesperia existed, I told him (he has a 360). He picked it up, we played it and I got so addicted that I scraped together enough money to buy my own 360 and copy of Vesperia.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:

Calaveron posted:

So apparently a DLC costume set for ToV PS3 consists of the characters' best equipment

I would honestly pay a bit extra to have this feature in every jrpg I buy.

Wow, I need to start playing this (and downloading this poo poo). I bought it a few months ago but have had so much PS3 game backlog, I haven't had time for it.

Also, does anyone know if any of the Japanese PSP tales games are good? I was thinking of getting Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2. Any recommendations?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Arcaeris posted:

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2.

All I know about this game is that you can recruit a bunch of characters from the Tales franchise.

I know this one has most of the cast of Symphonia and Abyss along with Yuri and Estelle and a bunch of characters from the PSX and earlier games.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

Oh, right, it's like the Tales games about Tales games. Maybe I'll go for Tales of Rebirth The BEST instead.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
Tales of Festival 2010 has been, gone and sucked, with only a couple of noteworthy things. One of these is a big announcement (almost certainly a new Tales game) in the summer, the other is two demos of Narikiri Dungeon X in the future, one demoing the new battle system used for Phantasia X, the other demoing ND X itself.

Also to the above poster, Rebirth is one of the more unorthodox Tales games in terms of battle mechanics, and will take some time to get used to. TP is replaced by the Force Cube, a cube with various sections that governs the strength of your special attacks, which can be used regardless of how full the cube is. The Emotional Brave gauge weakens your defenses and strengthens attacks if you play aggressively and offers stronger defense and health regen if you play conversatively.

My Crab is Fight fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 5, 2010

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Arcaeris posted:

Wow, I need to start playing this (and downloading this poo poo). I bought it a few months ago but have had so much PS3 game backlog, I haven't had time for it.

I plan on importing the PS3 version of Vesperia sometime in the future. Is buying the Japanese DLC easy for a US player?

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
You have to make a Japanese PSN, and then find somewhere that sells Japanese PSN cards to use with your account for things that cost money.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The cheapest Japanese PSN card you can buy is the 1000 yen card, Play-Asia sells them for $17 a piece.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

Slug in a Box posted:

I plan on importing the PS3 version of Vesperia sometime in the future. Is buying the Japanese DLC easy for a US player?

No, it's not really easy. If you can read Japanese, setting up the account is easy. If not, there's probably tutorials somewhere, maybe check the Import Games Appreciation Thread.

Then you just have to buy the PSN card, which carries a gigantic markup everywhere. Like you'll pay around $40-45 for a 3000 yen card.

Then you have to navigate to the ToV stuff on the Japanese PSN, which may or may not be easy for you.

Tapeta
Aug 31, 2004
Ekaru Hoppa Do Pe Tapeta
I may as well post this here, it's just too cute.

If i had the photoshop skill to cut that guy out, the second would be my wallpaper permanently.

TheOriginalEd
Oct 29, 2007

Caffeine Transcendent

Tapeta posted:

If i had the photoshop skill to cut that guy out, the second would be my wallpaper permanently.

I cant sleep and I needed something to do.

TheOriginalEd fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jun 6, 2010

ALL YOUR BASE
Nov 3, 2002

E3 is only over a week away, we might hear some good news right? Right?! :unsmith:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

ALL YOUR BASE posted:

E3 is only over a week away, we might hear some good news right? Right?! :unsmith:

If I've learned anything from Yakuza 3, it's that constant belief (preferably in the form of a patriotic avatar) is the best way to get your ill-fated game to localize. So, uh, anyone got a GIF of an American flag, a PS3, and Yuri?

Monsieur Mango
Apr 29, 2009
Angry uneducated white person
Why must Namco Bandai hate making more money? :negative:

ALL YOUR BASE
Nov 3, 2002

I still havent started on Abyss yet, so I guess I can always play that while waiting on baited breath.

TheOriginalEd
Oct 29, 2007

Caffeine Transcendent

Policenaut posted:

So, uh, anyone got a GIF of an American flag, a PS3, and Yuri?

Just because Im still awake with no sleep on the horizon and a copy of photoshop.

Its no GIF but here it is in avatar size

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

That's the ticket! Now one of you needs to buy that and put some inspirational rock lyrics in italics beneath it, a good one is something by Journey and you're on your way!

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!

God, it's so painful.
Something that is so close,
and still so far out of reach.

-American Girl, Kurt Cobain

Slio
Jan 17, 2009

WingsOfSteel posted:

God, it's so painful.
Something that is so close,
and still so far out of reach.

-American Girl, Kurt Cobain

It looks like this is the ticket to getting a game localized. Crosspost from the Vesperia thread

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Holy poo poo it really works! The patriot avatar works!

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Policenaut posted:

Haha, yeah... I saw that avatar, and the story just found itself.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Policenaut posted:

Basic logic and causation not being equal to correlation be damned, I am choosing to believe this.

Also if this is true I will buy a PS3 for it.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

If any of my friends owns a PS3, I'm gonna buy 2.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
Quickly, someone make an avatar of Asbel from Tales of Graces with an American flag.
But yeah, I'd imagine if it's announced, next week at E3 is when it'll be. Did Eternal Sonata's PS3 localization have dual audio? Hopefully Vesperia would have it, not that I dislike the dub at all (Vesperia's dub is probably my favorite JRPG dub), but I like changing it back and forth when I get tired of listening to the same thing over and over.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation

Slug in a Box posted:

Quickly, someone make an avatar of Asbel from Tales of Graces with an American flag.
But yeah, I'd imagine if it's announced, next week at E3 is when it'll be. Did Eternal Sonata's PS3 localization have dual audio?

Yes, but then I think the 360 one did as well so probably not a good indicator.

Also wasn't that Troy Baker interview from a fair while ago? I'm hopeful but I don't think it's in any way a sure thing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Xythar posted:

Yes, but then I think the 360 one did as well so probably not a good indicator.

Also wasn't that Troy Baker interview from a fair while ago? I'm hopeful but I don't think it's in any way a sure thing.

It was at SakuraCon, which was the beginning of April.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
All I was sure about when it comes to this is that Troy Baker was asked by Namco to go back to the studio and record some new lines but nothing happened with them. The other cast members were asked about them and nobody else said they went back, so perhaps Namco started the process of localising it but backed out? Of course, it would be great to see Vesperia PS3 get a release.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Did the Destiny remake ever get some sort of translation patch? I adored Destiny on the PSX, I'd love to play a remake, but moonrunes :smith:

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

victrix posted:

Did the Destiny remake ever get some sort of translation patch? I adored Destiny on the PSX, I'd love to play a remake, but moonrunes :smith:

Phantasian Productions and Absolute Zero Translations plan on translating it after they're done with Tales of Phantasia (PS1) and Tales of Innocence (DS) respectively.
I believe the plan is for a menu patch first, then a full patch release.
You can see some screens here at the 1/1/2009 news post.

Also if you're impatient, the game is honestly not that difficult to play through without reading Japanese. I got through it fine without reading a thing thanks to the world map having a yellow blinking dot telling you where to go next, and the battle system having similar controls like most Tales games.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
Welp if we don't see Graces at E3 by tomorrow then I guess there's no chance of it ever being seen outside of Japan. It's kind of hard to keep the faith in this series if Namco just refuses to bring the games over :sigh:

My Crab is Fight fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 16, 2010

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Someone has to buy an avatar for it. I would but the ToS LP is almost over and I'll be getting an avatar to celebrate that.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I would, but I just rebought this one...

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
Looks like we're all going to have to mod our Wiis, since Graces was a no-show at E3. At least there's the translation patch in the far future.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

BurningCourage posted:

Looks like we're all going to have to mod our Wiis, since Graces was a no-show at E3. At least there's the translation patch in the far future.

Waste of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
What if we (me) don't own computers powerful enough to run that well? :smith: