Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
WWECW had legit become my favourite wrestling show on the air by the time it was cancelled. How does Superstars compare to it? Does Superstars have story lines from week to week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

WWECW had legit become my favourite wrestling show on the air by the time it was cancelled. How does Superstars compare to it? Does Superstars have story lines from week to week?

Nah, it's just fantastic wrestling for the most part.

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

Happy Happyist posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQnarTu1HPs

Bit of audio desync, but oh well!

(at 3:34, right after the bell, the guy yelling "RUN! RUUUUNNNN!" cracks me up)

Legit one of my favourite matches of all time, and another example of how underused the Big Show is when they don't let him be his big, goofy self.

Also, Colin Delaney's storyline could have been awesome if it'd been played out a bit further.

Any update on what happened to him? He'd be awesome if he came back on NXT.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
He's working the indies again.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

George Kaplan posted:

Any update on what happened to him? He'd be awesome if he came back on NXT.

He's the Extremely Cute Wrestler now!

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Outside of the Hardy Boyz, are there any other notable guys that lost their debut match but won world titles?

This is, of course, ignoring jobber runs.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Matlock posted:

Outside of the Hardy Boyz, are there any other notable guys that lost their debut match but won world titles?

John Cena?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Burrito posted:

Nah, it's just fantastic wrestling for the most part.

I wouldn't say fantastic.

Superstars is an hour of matches. There's usually a bad divas match, a decent match and a good match. Every month there's one really good match. Rarely there are angles. It's an hour of wrestling I usually enjoy every week, but often forget about.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Matlock posted:

Benoit lost his WWE debut to HHH.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the undertaker lost his debut survivor series match. e: he was eliminated but his team won the match, so gray area there.

orton lost his first match to brock lesnar.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
Is it pathetic that I am across the street from where RAW is tonight and would rather watch it on TV then spend money on going in the cheap seats?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Superstars was also (from memory) outrating ECW in the last few weeks it was on the air, though ECW for the most part got higher ratings than NXT did.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Moose Bigelow posted:

Is it pathetic that I am across the street from where RAW is tonight and would rather watch it on TV then spend money on going in the cheap seats?

No, just stupid.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Moose Bigelow posted:

Well, I'm sure you're in the best position to judge whether you'd like to spend all evening in the company of unwashed marks.

Or you could go out. :v:

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Jerusalem posted:

Superstars was also (from memory) outrating ECW in the last few weeks it was on the air, though ECW for the most part got higher ratings than NXT did.

The lack of ECW means that it could now be "Smackdown vs Raw 201X" without the need to include 'Featuring ECW' on the cover. Also, NXT might be an interesting formula for a Road to Wrestlemania feature, starring your Create-A-Wrestler.

Also, ECW would never survive a PG rating.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Moose Bigelow posted:

they probably papered it

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

dusty udder smoker posted:

the undertaker lost his debut survivor series match. e: he was eliminated but his team won the match, so gray area there.

orton lost his first match to brock lesnar.

I thought ortons first match was with Hardcore Holly and he won it?

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I thought ortons first match was with Hardcore Holly and he won it?

That's right. Dark matches really don't count as debuts.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
Just got papered into the arena.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Moose Bigelow posted:

Did you just walk around outside the arena?

Im gunna try that when the PPV comes to town :)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I wish I'd have been in town when TNA was nearby. No way I would have had to pay.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Moose Bigelow posted:

LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

Or mine. I missed the debut of 'SPOTLIGHT. PLEASE.' :smith:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The A-Team Van posted:

Or mine. I missed the debut of 'SPOTLIGHT. PLEASE.' :smith:

i missed swagger cashing in.

i live within walking distance of the thomas and mack center.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Moose Bigelow posted:

Its a good thing you went.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

Its a good thing you went.

Survivor Series tickets go on sale Friday for those of you in Miami area.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Moose Bigelow posted:

yeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Moose Bigelow posted:

So much for Vince's plans to scuttle that show.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Moose Bigelow posted:

Whenever someone says this, something amazing happens.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Veg posted:

Whenever someone says this, something amazing happens.

Jesus Christ, and how!

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
What's the deal with getting pre-purchasing codes for Survivor Series? Is there some kind of club I need to join or register for the WWE FANZONE UNIVERSE EXPERIENCE BONANZA on their site?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
My friend doesn't believe me that Jeff Jarret occasionally came out on a horse during his Double J days; does anyone remember any specific shows where he did that?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Writer Cath posted:

My friend doesn't believe me that Jeff Jarret occasionally came out on a horse during his Double J days; does anyone remember any specific shows where he did that?

I was just watching the raw from the day after WM XIV and he comes out on a horse on that one.

I realize you probably want a major PPV or something, but sorry this is all I have.

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions

Writer Cath posted:

I read this really fast and saw it as Jeff Hardy and immediately wanted to see it.

For content did Tim White ever successfully kill himself? What happened with that, I'm assuming it was just completely dropped and never spoken of again.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Bearnt! posted:

I read this really fast and saw it as Jeff Hardy and immediately wanted to see it.

For content did Tim White ever successfully kill himself? What happened with that, I'm assuming it was just completely dropped and never spoken of again.

Well I am sure he rides a certain horse, an we have all seen the effects of that.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bearnt! posted:

josh mathews convinced him to enjoy life so tim white killed him

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

And Josh was never seen again (or at least, not seen for 4 years)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

With a shotgun.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Chilly McFreeze posted:

And Josh was never seen again (or at least, not seen for 4 years)

Josh Matthews is the new Dead Man?

Wrestling will always need a zombie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I've always wondered why Finlay was called "Fit" Finlay. Was it just because he was in shape or was it some Irish thing I'm not aware of? It just seems like a lame nickname, especially for a wrestler.