Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Argyle posted:

Weird. Here in the US, you hardly ever see a jersey for any sport without a name/number on the back. Picking your favorite player is part of the fun.

This is partially because for American football and basketball (somewhat), the numbers take up most of the jersey, and not having any just makes it feel blank. I think it's also because the numbers are on both sides, so they're even more part of the design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

*humour

*nonce

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Cultural differences in acceptable clothing fashion in nations separated by 3k miles of ocean?! GET OUT!

Seriously, its ok to wear sports jerseys in the US and it doesn't make you anything other than a fan of that team/player. Don't go out on a hot date in one, but people are not going to stop you at the park or in the mall for sporting a Chelsea home kit with Drogba on the back.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

cheese posted:

people are not going to stop you at the park or in the mall for sporting a Chelsea home kit with Drogba on the back.

It's perfect for dive bars :)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i draw the line at Chelsea kits

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Also, is it more annoying to hear an American call it soccer, and jerseys,'kits', or do you prefer we try to conform. I just sound like a retard either way.

Say whatever you want. I've never had a person from another country care or give me poo poo about it either way. I hear both so often that I may interchange them in the same sentence. Mostly they're just surprised you know anything about the sport at all.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Mandalay posted:

It's perfect for dive bars :)

:golfclap:

I wear my kits to the gym, games and on gameday at the bar. Sometimes I wear them to the office on Fridays. It's fun, a lot of my coworkers ask me about it and I get to bore them to death with football talk.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

chaoslord posted:

https://www.minejerseys.com which used to be https://www.jerseybbs.com does, ususally. It's ~$28.00 (as opposed to $25.52).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2911318&pagenumber=29 has pics from my purchase and Jet Ready Go's purchase of shirts from there, although I think JRG got theirs before they really moved to minejerseys.

Won't authenticate my Visa card :(

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Rabbi Tupac posted:

Nice, can't say I like that numbering/lettering though. How's the actual jersey quality wise though?

Feels great, just like any other DriFit product to me. For $30 I don't have any complaints.

If you're wanting more authentic lettering, it looks like tarajersey.com / yukijersey.com (they used to be jersey101.com, but split) have the authentic lettering/numbering for a select few jerseys for $35, but also do not look to have smalls.

Like I said in that thread though, $30 vs $90-100? I'll take the off lettering, it still says dempsey and has his number in the right places.

e:

wicka posted:

Won't authenticate my Visa card :(

I'm sorry :(

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

wicka try emailing the soccertriads guy and asking about getting something in small. one of my mates has done it a couple of times and he's usually able to get them.

humpadoor
Sep 2, 2009
Put in an order on the 27th for an away Cote d'Ivoire Drogba (gently caress) jersey and it shipped the 31st. It still hasn't reached Canada. Hope it gets here before the 15th at the very worst.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Do the stars on the Germany shirt represent World Cups won?

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!

Funso Banjo posted:

They represent wars lost.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

Funso Banjo posted:

Same for all other countries, apart from England I think where there's no star?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Craiglen posted:

It's the exact same here.

Well...Tallaght and all that...

Comlink
Nov 21, 2006

Oh yes, yes, yes.... that's BANG on the money!

looks like a training top..

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!

The Flying Clog Wog posted:

Same for all other countries, apart from England I think where there's no star?

There's a star on it.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

Couch posted:

There's a star on it.

Where is it?

Edit: just found it - never noticed it before!

sweek0 fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jun 8, 2010

Irish Thunder
Apr 20, 2006

humpadoor posted:

Put in an order on the 27th for an away Cote d'Ivoire Drogba (gently caress) jersey and it shipped the 31st. It still hasn't reached Canada. Hope it gets here before the 15th at the very worst.
Mine shipped the 24th and still isn't here in the USA from soccertriads. :(

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

The African teams all use stars for ANC wins.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

CaptainRightful posted:

The African teams all use stars for ANC wins.

Someone (possibly Chile?) has a star for an Olympic win, I think.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Ok.

But seeing as West Germany won world cups, and that country no longer exists, pretending they have won 3 world cups is very bad. I feel let down by adidas, who should have refused to add this propoganda to the shirt.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
World Cup in 3 days no Argie top here yet! It won't feel the same!!

schoenfelder
Oct 16, 2009

Grade moj...

Funso Banjo posted:

Ok.

But seeing as West Germany won world cups, and that country no longer exists, pretending they have won 3 world cups is very bad. I feel let down by adidas, who should have refused to add this propoganda to the shirt.
what you refer to as "West Germany" was and still is the Federal Republic of Germany. the territories of the former GDR merely joined the Federal Republic of Germany, so you're wrong. the country still exists.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Funso Banjo posted:

Ok.

Except FIFA credits Germany with those wins due to West Germany not existing anymore *under that name* because Germany is the current name of the former West Germany. It's the same FA that FIFA approved after world war 2, it just changed it's name. Plus, all of East Germany's records are in the current Germany's official records too, and while I don't know this, I'd venture a guess that Saarland's would be as well.

Russia has all the records of the former USSR team, even though the opposite of what happened with Germany happened there.

e;fb

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!
Serbia got Yugoslavia's record, and I think Czechoslovakia's records are taken by both countries.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Funso Banjo posted:

Ok.

"West Germany" and "East Germany" did not form a new country after the wall came down - East Germany joined the BRD which still exists and holds those world cup wins. The same thing was done even when a cold war country reformed into a new country.

Comlink
Nov 21, 2006

Oh yes, yes, yes.... that's BANG on the money!

Comlink posted:

looks like a training top..

away:

nice drain. ffs.

not really liking either atm, too bland.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

The socks are cool and the swans seem to like it :)

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010
Hmm I always thought swans were mean.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Bemis posted:

Hmm I always thought swans were mean.
You thought right, they're loving viscous animals when provoked.

Rankine Over Gash
Feb 18, 2010

We had our meetings in a room with a bar and Brian Clough said to me "Millsy, get the beers in and get yourself a Guinness". I told him I didn't drink. He said "Get yourself a fucking Guinness" so I did. I drank it, pulled a face and then he named me in the team. I never said no again.
Fucks sake, where the gently caress is my England shirt you soccertriad bastards?

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Anyone know where you can pick up jerseys like the 2nd Spanish goalie jersey or even 3rd jerseys for national teams? You can't even buy the 1st Spanish goalie jersey from the official Adidas website here.

Hieronymus Bosch
Feb 26, 2008
Here's the new Liverpool away. Would've been amazing if not for that Standard Chartered bullshit.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

Hieronymus Bosch posted:

Here's the new Liverpool away. Would've been amazing if not for that Standard Chartered bullshit.

even with the new sponsor that is a pretty classy lookin shirt.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Standard and Chartered is rich as poo poo, too, that's not a bad sponsor to have. £3.2 billion in net income last year? Wow.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Hieronymus Bosch posted:

Holy poo poo that is outstanding, one of the best kits I've seen in a while. I will be buying one with the name and number of my favorite Liverpool player who is still around at the end of the summer.

The sponsor could have been a lot worse - they cold have done one of those stupid boxes around the Standard Chartered and interrupted the red pinstripes. Goons will lose this as vertical lines make yo look thiner ;) That said, it hurts to imagine how amazing this would have been with, say, a red lettering Carlsberg on the front...

harperdc posted:

Standard and Chartered is rich as poo poo, too, that's not a bad sponsor to have. £3.2 billion in net income last year? Wow.

Even better is that we signed the new deal after the end of the previous season when we were in the CL and had just finished second :smug: I doubt we would have gotten as much if we had done the deal this year.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Hieronymus Bosch posted:

Absolute belter that!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i mnust have horrible taste in kits because i don't really like it and i didn't like the grey away in 0809 either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

That's beautiful. Glad to see that the leaked picture a while back is the proper shirt. The lovely third one should be true also.