Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
starling
Apr 14, 2008

This is a shot of my girl, Luce. She's an 8-year-old Bernese mix picked up from the local shelter a few years back. She loves to lean up against you and just stare with those gorgeous eyes :3: The most gentle dog you can imagine.

And this is her new companion, Boomer. He's a miniature Australian shepherd, almost 3 years old. Boomer's previous owner gave him up because he nipped at one of the neighborhood kid's ankles, so child's father demanded that he be given away (or else). So as of this weekend he is living in a child-free environment, and so far he's loving it! Despite their size differences, he and Luce are getting along great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convicted Bibliophile
Dec 2, 2004

I am the night.
My two kittens, Barney (left) and Penny (right). Brother and sister, 9 weeks old.

Their hobbies include sleeping on each other, running up curtains and scratching my hand up. I love them to bits.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

BOrangeFury posted:

The litterbox is in IRC, petpeeps!

I'm not sure that I have ever seen #petisland more correctly and succinctly defined. Thank you.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
We thought our pup might have been a shiba for like a day when we first got her. She was the cutest little puppy and her colors are just like them.

They told us she was a Lab mix from the agency, the vet we took her to when she had an upper respiratory infection (she was a stray) told us she was an Australian Cattle Dog.

We're not sure what she is but she's awesome.

Here she is the day we brought her home. She was so scared, just out of the shelters at a spry 8 or 9 weeks.

Poor sick puppy was exhausted from a hard morning.

Once we got her back from the vet she just liked to hang out near us

What a pretty face.

She loves to play in the water, though she hates having a bath.

She sleeps in some funny positions though.

She's really chill:

But still a huge goofball:

She sure does like to sleep though, but what dog doesn't. Taken today.

She always reminds us how much she loves us:

SilverThread
Jun 18, 2004

Kick the Emo
My husband and I *finally* got our puppy yesterday from the local shelter. Here's our little Penny:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Cissa
Sep 23, 2007
One Lucky Duck
Meet Pepper. She's a purebred Sheltie. We got her at 8 weeks old. Now she's 16 weeks old. Disclaimer: my boyfriend took all of these.

Click here for the full 720x437 image.

Click here for the full 720x642 image.

Click here for the full 719x270 image.

Click here for the full 720x450 image.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

This is Boo:

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

She is tiny and insane, and is obsessed with tuna and sleeping on top of me.

(sorry for the sucky picture quality)

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Niko enjoying his new oversized dog bed so he doesn't have to sleep on the hard wood floor.

rushivywithglocks
Jul 10, 2005
it is a token of my loveship.
Pom-Pom. He's three now and enjoys chasing cats and getting all up in your face for kisses. He also will do anything for treats and likes to climb people/everything. Also, he's pretty :3

Click here for the full 540x720 image.

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Now I've got ten rats, but most of them look alike (there was a litter of identical black and white babies) so I'll just pick a couple examples and the parents.

Pythagoras

his son Orpheus

Orpheus's mom Eurydice in a grater (no she didn't get hurt)

Aunt Antigone and sister Zosime

I've also got a little albino boy but no photos of him. I really should fix that.

Mrfreezewarning
Feb 2, 2010

All these goddamn books need more descriptions of boobies in them!

This is my girlfriends cat Dante, He is a bit strange, A talker, Plays fetch and tag, and has the oddest raspy voice. He's also very clumsy and goofy, plus will also try to mimic words sometimes.

He is a shelter kitty from the Local humane society. He favorite toy is a set of colored plastic beads.

Beichan
Feb 17, 2007

pugs, pugs everywhere
Kittens make good beds, you guys.

(fatass: Hermes, tinykitten: Loki)

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p35lkNm__fE#t=0m30s best dog ever hanging out with me at work all week.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
My dog, Clint, got a little hot this weekend.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

At the age of three and a half, after miraculously chemo and radation to battle FLV and lymphatic cancer, it looks like the cancer has come back after a remission of only ten months. I took her in and they drained 250ml of fluid from her chest. There's a mass in her chest pushing on her trachea. We're wondering if it's worth it to try another round of chemo, but she's had such a rough and short life. :smith:

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

the posted:

she's had such a rough and short life. :smith:

:sympathy: what a lot for her to go through, and for you to go through. What's her name?

jai Mundi
Jun 17, 2005

Kiss my shiny metal heinie
This is Teagan. We adopted her from AZRescue.org

AZRescue goes to all the area pounds and takes as many animals off the kill list and gives them a second chance at adoption. I don't know if pimping this rescue org is ok, but I'll risk it because it is awesome.

Teagan's voice is like Fran Dreshers. We call her our Jersey cat.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Abbeh posted:

:sympathy: what a lot for her to go through, and for you to go through. What's her name?

Ramona. We're waiting until tomorrow to see if the chemotherapy works. They say we can take her home then. We went to go see her tonight. She really wanted to just come home :(.

And here is her two years ago before the cancer took over:

Chu Chu
Jun 15, 2010
These are my cats Charlotte (torti) and Edgar (black). Edgarino is 8 years old, weighs about 17 pounds and Charlotte is 4 years, about 6 pounds, and has polydactyl/mitten toes.

Edgar was born on a friend's farm, and Charlotte was adopted from the Humane Society as a kitten.

Edgar is kind of a bum and lays out in the street a lot. Charlotte is a big sweetie who will sleep IN the bed, under the sheets if you will let her. She is also the boss and enjoys terrorizing the big guy by chasing him around the yard, house, wherever.

They mostly just tolerate each other, so scenes like this are a rarity:

Itchy Itchiford
Apr 5, 2009

mmhmm
Here's my 2 year old Shiba/Boston cross:

And the dog with 2 of our kitties:

Not pictured, our 3rd hidey cat and the hundreds of cats/kittens we've fostered.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
I have a few pets.

Click here for the full 720x540 image.

Atari

Navi (bonus finance holding shot)

And Master Chief Petty Officer Millicent Fuzzywinkle McFurrybottom the 3rd.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
Edit: Missed the rule about no discussion. I'll go back and edit on Saturday when I pick up my new pup I suppose.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 17, 2010

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

So last friday, my dad came home with this cute little guy!

He's ~10 Weeks old, and his name is Drake (Like the explorer, Sir Francis Drake)

Click here for the full 1936x1296 image.

He really enjoys sleeping, especially in people's laps

This guy's just so cute.

Fiction D
Jun 14, 2010

eh

Cissa posted:

Meet Pepper. She's a purebred Sheltie. We got her at 8 weeks old. Now she's 16 weeks old.

Adorable. I have a sheltie too. He's my #1 bud. He's 14 years old.

Meet Duffy.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Serious dog:

ior
Nov 21, 2003

What's a fuckass?
Mocho:

Gucci

Both are Abyssinians, no I did not decide the names ;)

ior fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jun 20, 2010

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

^^ such a serious expression!

This is Ushi. He is 8 months old. Excuse the dinginess of his fur, he just came home today.

It's terrible when a new cat just can't relax around you.

Yep, terrible.

Dancingthroughlife
Dec 15, 2009

Will dance for cupcakes
My cats Panzer and Azula on one of the rare times they could stand each other for 2 minutes.

My youngest son chilling with Azula

and a wild baby mouse we caught in our live mouse trap today. :( I hope it lives.

E: this thread. :3:

Dancingthroughlife fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 20, 2010

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I refuse to believe anything cuter has ever happened.

Faye

Click here for the full 2044x1776 image.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Professor Wayne posted:

I refuse to believe anything cuter has ever happened.

Disagree.

[img]http://img.waffleimages.com/a24adc41c03d26174cbad746eb97cec956332f5d/IMG_2320 [640x480].JPG[/img]

Ferretboot.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
My old dog, Murphy:

I just found out the person she was supposed to go live with welched on her offer and if they can't find a new owner by tomorrow she's going to the SPCA. This is the worst news I have ever received.

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004
Of course... If the Jell-O gets moldy, the whole thing should be set aflame.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

My old dog, Murphy:

I just found out the person she was supposed to go live with welched on her offer and if they can't find a new owner by tomorrow she's going to the SPCA. This is the worst news I have ever received.

How old is Murphy? Have they tried contacting a Lab rescue? She would have a MUCH better chance of a new home there than in the SPCA and almost every area has a lab rescue.

New pic of Kara:

My boss' 18 month old daughter likes pictures of Kara better than Rusty because my boss owns two labs. She saw the picture of Rusty and told me he was a "puppy", then saw this pic of Kara and told me she was a "Wiley" (their labs name). It was pretty drat cute.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Lab rescue said it was too short-notice, however they also said that if she was due to be euthanized they would rescue her from the SPCA, which at least takes "my dog died" out of the equation for now.

DOG LIKE CAR

grnberet2b
Aug 12, 2008
Meet Jasper:

We say he's our Dachshund, but the vet suspects some Min Pin blood. He's a bit taller and not quite as long as the typical Dachshund.

This is Jack:

He's an Australian Cattle Dog we think, but I suspect there's some other blood in there of some sort.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Oops I posted the wrong video earlier, this is the video I meant to post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D_qECWQV5w

There is an awesome chase scene at 1:55

HNasty fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 22, 2010

Citizen Insane
Oct 7, 2004

We come in to the world and we have to go, but we do not go merely to serve the turn of one enemy or another.
Murphy looking rakish!

Click here for the full 1705x1133 image.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

grnberet2b posted:

I've never seen a more :haw: dog face. What a happy dude.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Last month I was staying with my parents (and their dogs) for a couple weeks while I worked in Denver, I brought McNulty along. These are the pictures of the various forms of trouble they stir up...

Here's most of the crew from left to right: Zoe (2 year old mutt), McNulty (pug of questionable age), Daisy (3 year old Pug), and Lola (3 year old Shih Tzu)

And then there's the old maid of the group, Chloe a 10 year old Lhasa Apso. All she really does is nap

This is Lola the happiest and most dignified dog you'll ever meet...

...until she wants to take a nap under the coffee table

And this is Daisy, she enjoys all things food related

And is very protective of kongs filled with treats, here he tries to get in on the action

But is swiftly rejected

But he will have his revenge...

And lastly this is Zoe

I'm not sure where my mom found Zoe but we think she was the victim of some abuse when she was very young. Her lower jaw is crooked and when she first came home she was extremely hand shy (to the point she would rarely come out from under the coffee table). But with lots (and lots) of love and care she is now one of the most playful and loving dogs you will ever meet. She now demands attention, usually in the form of walking up to you and plopping over onto her back and pawing at you until you give in. It's remarkable the transformation she's been through.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

My grey Cat, I couldnt think of a name for him and after a couple of days of just calling it Cat, the name kind of stuck

Ocho, my mom got me her from a shady seller, when I first brought her home she was terrified, she wouldnt let me or anybody else even close to her. My suspicion is that she wasnt treated very well by the previous owner. It has taken a long time but after about a year she has started to relax a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.
Liefie is watching you.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

When she's not taking a break.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

• Locked thread