Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:
Any word on the new Spurs kit? I read that they were still negotiating a new sponsor deal and that's what's holding things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

cheese posted:

Holy poo poo that is outstanding, one of the best kits I've seen in a while. I will be buying one with the name and number of my favorite Liverpool player who is still around at the end of the summer.

The sponsor could have been a lot worse - they cold have done one of those stupid boxes around the Standard Chartered and interrupted the red pinstripes. Goons will lose this as vertical lines make yo look thiner ;) That said, it hurts to imagine how amazing this would have been with, say, a red lettering Carlsberg on the front...

Even better is that we signed the new deal after the end of the previous season when we were in the CL and had just finished second :smug: I doubt we would have gotten as much if we had done the deal this year.

Hopefully Aquilani is around!

I do feel like a twat wearing another dudes name around, so all but one of my kits are plain (Torres Liverpool home)

I think I just like wear kits when I am not at work, because it pisses Oklahomans off who are too busy sporting Sam Bradford (Oklahoma Sooners) or Tony Romo (Dallas Cowboys) jerseys that are 5x too big. \

Honestly I will be buying that Liverpool away in a size medium (:smug:) at the end of the summer when I am all fit from Half Iron triathlon training

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

Mr Pepper posted:

Any word on the new Spurs kit? I read that they were still negotiating a new sponsor deal and that's what's holding things up.

well the overall shirt design has already been leaked all over the place, but yeah our kit sponsor is still TBD

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
I know it won't happen but I'm hoping for a "post WC bash" sale for jerseys.

edit: and god loving damnit, I have accidently opened these loving Ford ads like ten times today, sensitive little shits.

foundationofnuness
Jul 11, 2007
internetz make me moist

Hieronymus Bosch posted:

It pains me to say this but that is one loving classy shirt.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

well the overall shirt design has already been leaked all over the place, but yeah our kit sponsor is still TBD

Spurs gonna start the season with NAMING RIGHTS over the front of their kit

Really don't like that Liverpool kit, shouldn't have a pinstripe going through the crest, and the Adidas logo should be red.

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

I'm not sure whether this will effect anyone here, but if you're waiting for a not-strictly-official football shirt from abroad then you might be waiting a while.

BBC posted:

Thousands of fake football shirts have been seized at one of the UK's largest mail sorting centres just days before the World Cup starts.

Representatives from Adidas, Nike, Puma and Umbro and counterfeiting experts are checking parcels at the international postal hub in Coventry.

They are targeting fake England and Premier League football shirts.

Immigration minister Damian Green said smugglers undercut honest businesses by an estimated £11bn a year.

Fake shirts can cost from £9 to £30 via mail order whereas genuine ones cost between £35 and £48.

The officials are targeting items from China, Thailand and Malaysia where the black market fuels organised crime and is linked to child labour and workhouses.

Mr Green added: "People often don't realise that the profits made by these smugglers are ploughed straight back into other criminal activities such as drug smuggling and human trafficking.

"UK Border Agency officers will continue to crack down on this illegal trade by seizing fake shirts and helping legitimate manufacturers bring those criminals responsible before the courts."

Syd Rasheed, of the Premier League's anti-counterfeiting programme, said the smugglers targeted unsuspecting fans.

"Many football fans buy what they believe to be genuine replica shirts but end up with poor quality rip-offs with the money used to pay for them often funding other types of criminal activity.

"We advise all football fans to purchase replica shirts from official club stores or websites or properly licensed retailers."

Where do soccertriads etc ship from?

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Oh, you're making GBS threads me!

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Steves Asleep posted:

I'm not sure whether this will effect anyone here, but if you're waiting for a not-strictly-official football shirt from abroad then you might be waiting a while.
Good thing I don't live in England!

Irish Thunder
Apr 20, 2006

real_scud posted:

Good thing I don't live in England!
Me neither, but what if it routes to England then the US?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Irish Thunder posted:

Me neither, but what if it routes to England then the US?
Why would they go in such a stupid way to get to the US when they could just ship it freight across the Pacific? I really, really, really doubt anything is going through England to get to the US.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

On the other hand I did just order a Japan top from asia, pretty sure my glorious top will be looked upon differently to the 07 Beckman England shirts :smugdog:

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Oh no, will this scunner my precious Argie top (triads, coming to Scotland)?

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

I'm not sure. I get a feeling from the article that it's England and premiership tops which are being targeted (people like triads are selling some prem kits that aren't available yet legally). It's more of a open/shut case with unreleased Manu shirts coming in from Malaysia or batches of England shirts via China than other national teams from Asia.

That's my take on it anyway. Customs aren't known to hire people for their cognitive prowess, a coin toss is probably a fair indicator of if it'll get through if found.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Neither of my Triads shirts even came through England.

Rankine Over Gash
Feb 18, 2010

We had our meetings in a room with a bar and Brian Clough said to me "Millsy, get the beers in and get yourself a Guinness". I told him I didn't drink. He said "Get yourself a fucking Guinness" so I did. I drank it, pulled a face and then he named me in the team. I never said no again.
welp that's 24 quid I'm not seeing again

BogginHarry
Nov 23, 2004

My Germany away top from SoccerTriads apparently shipped on June 3rd, to Northern Ireland. Unless it lands in Dublin for some reason, I might be affected by this. As they say they are only targeting England/Premier League tops, I'll keep my fingers crossed that they let it through.

Bastards!

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

foundationofnuness posted:

Look at how wrong you are. Just look at you.

Rankine Over Gash
Feb 18, 2010

We had our meetings in a room with a bar and Brian Clough said to me "Millsy, get the beers in and get yourself a Guinness". I told him I didn't drink. He said "Get yourself a fucking Guinness" so I did. I drank it, pulled a face and then he named me in the team. I never said no again.
Mine was shipped May 21st. Seeing the backlash in this thread against cunts like me having their name on the back, customs may be doing me a favour.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

How long does Soccer Triads usually take to ship a customized shirt to the US?

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Mine was completed and dispatched two days ago, It's a Japan top with Lineker on the back, coming from HK. If UK customs reject an English inspired Japan top I've had marked as gift for brother and sent from asia, they are cold heartless bastards who have stopped a cross-cultural family, sharing love during the one sporting event which can unify the globe in love :(

humpadoor
Sep 2, 2009
gently caress, mine supposedly shipped on the 31st of May, but Canada post updated at around 5 this morning saying that it's on it's way to Canada now.. Hopefully customs only lasts a day or so and it comes for Friday.. that'd be loving perfect.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

foundationofnuness posted:

Yeah that's real nice

That logo though uhhhhh

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Only Soccer Triads has authentic lettering and only minejerseys has smalls :negative:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

wicka posted:

Only Soccer Triads has authentic lettering and only minejerseys has smalls :negative:

Suck it up and buy a legit one, drat.

BTW, got my Dempsey shirt today, loving ace.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

wicka posted:

just suck it up and buy the real thing?

in related news, I spent $97 USD for a League 2 side Bury's jersey. shipping + vat :negative:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shrapnac posted:

Suck it up and buy a legit one, drat.

BTW, got my Dempsey shirt today, loving ace.

It's 90 loving dollars gently caress that, and I wouldn't even have it on Saturday.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

wicka posted:

It's 90 loving dollars gently caress that, and I wouldn't even have it on Saturday.

Then stop loving crying about it.

You wouldn't get your triads shirt til after the World Cup.

Also, ordered Monday, arrived today.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shrapnac posted:

Then stop loving crying about it.

You wouldn't get your triads shirt til after the World Cup.

Also, ordered Monday, arrived today.

Ugh shut the gently caress up you useless twat.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

wicka posted:

Ugh shut the gently caress up you useless twat.

Know what feels good? The US jersey I'm wearing right now.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shrapnac posted:

Know what feels good? The US jersey I'm wearing right now.

Know what feels good? The $90 I'm going to spend on beer.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

wicka posted:

Know what feels good? The $90 I'm going to spend on beer.

Yeah, I'll probably do that too, but I'll be kept cool by this awesome Dri-FIT shirt I'm wearing.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
gently caress those gay-rear end shirts Wica, go topless wearing a flag as a cape.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shrapnac posted:

Yeah, I'll probably do that too, but I'll be kept cool by this awesome Dri-FIT shirt I'm wearing.

I'll be kept cool by

Nothus posted:

gently caress those gay-rear end shirts Wica, go topless wearing a flag as a cape.

plus the breeze and the fact that I'm just generally cool.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

humpadoor posted:

gently caress, mine supposedly shipped on the 31st of May, but Canada post updated at around 5 this morning saying that it's on it's way to Canada now.. Hopefully customs only lasts a day or so and it comes for Friday.. that'd be loving perfect.

Is this SoccerTriads? How did you get a tracking number? I can't find one anywhere for my order. It was sent out the 18th, and I've been waiting by my mailbox ever since.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

wicka posted:

I'll be kept cool by

plus the breeze and the fact that I'm just generally cool.

It's ok bro, I still love you, and your bird chest.

Size small shirts 4 lyfe.

Unfortunately I have size medium shoulders and size small rest of upper body so the shirt doesn't exactly sit how I want it to.

humpadoor
Sep 2, 2009

Shrapnac posted:

That loving got me bad for some reason.

Argyle posted:

Is this SoccerTriads? How did you get a tracking number? I can't find one anywhere for my order. It was sent out the 18th, and I've been waiting by my mailbox ever since.

and I just emailed Sean through Google's checkout. It sent him all the poo poo he needed to identify the order, and he sent me the tracking number the next day.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Hieronymus Bosch posted:

Here's the new Liverpool away. Would've been amazing if not for that Standard Chartered bullshit.

Goddamn that is classy as gently caress. Can't wait for the triads to have it!

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
God drat you sissy girls and your small shirts. Go to the gym and get some muscles or eat more burgers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

calcio posted:

God drat you sissy girls and your small shirts. Go to the gym and get some muscles or eat more burgers!

Maybe you should go to the gym and eat less burgers.