Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Jack the Smack posted:

Hey look I'm a great rider with years of expirience. Oh poo poo, I just glanced off the side for a couple seconds while going at 10mph, I could have died! Time to make a post in the "you didn't crag but you're still a moron thread"!

Craggin'.

When you wad your poo poo doing something stupid. Mostly applicable in the sportbike and supermoto community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
"All my plastics got broke when I cragged it, so I made a sick streetfighter."

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Z3n posted:

Craggin'.

When you wad your poo poo doing something stupid. Mostly applicable in the sportbike and supermoto community.

Originally from the dualsport community, to indicate that you broke your bike by driving it off a loving crag. "Reggie can't post on ADV today, he's busy picking bits of his GS off the north face because he up and cragged it." See: ragsnaozzle gus gus.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jack the Smack posted:

Hey look I'm a great rider with years of expirience. Oh poo poo, I just glanced off the side for a couple seconds while going at 10mph, I could have died! Time to make a post in the "you didn't crag but you're still a moron thread"!

Any time you take your eyes off the road you rear end someone its a fact.

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
I have done a lot of questionable things on a bike but at least I've never been such a wanker as to colour-coordinate my leathers with my bike's plastics.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

ranathari posted:

I have done a lot of questionable things on a bike but at least I've never been such a wanker as to colour-coordinate my leathers with my bike's plastics.

Me neither, that's just dumb. Buy the leather first, then color-match the bike.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Does the TRE actually do poo poo on the 2009 ZX6R? I hate how it engine brakes off throttle in lower gears especially.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ranathari posted:

I did this with my helmet and jacket when I got my gsxr because it was babbys first new bike :kiddo:

Never again

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

ranathari posted:

What if the bike and gear are both black?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I purposely uncoordinated my gear after the above-mentioned gsxr matching. I have a black textile jacket and a black mesh jacket, this helmet.

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande

Doctor Zero posted:

What if the bike and gear are both black?

That's equally unacceptable.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

ranathari posted:

That's equally unacceptable.

goddamn it. :negative:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Even if it's a cruiser? Cause they only come in black.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
I wear a pylon orange windbreaker on my british racing green UJM in the mornings. Its a pretty rad looking wind breaker.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

BlackMK4 posted:

Does the TRE actually do poo poo on the 2009 ZX6R? I hate how it engine brakes off throttle in lower gears especially.

A TRE simply removes the timing retard in the lower gears. It's not going to affect engine braking in any meaningful way.

What don't you like about the engine braking? Too much/too little?

I'm shooting for the visual equivalent of the brown note with my supermoto. Yellow, blue, blue and black 2 tone wheels, and crashed all over. :bubblewoop:

Oakey
Dec 29, 2000

I'm a stupid fucking cunt
You guys are oh so very wrong, matching your bike is awesome .

I'm sorry your bikes don't look good enough that you'd want to do that:colbert:.

Lancek
May 31, 2007
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

I bought all of my leathers on sale as I found them. Then I matched my bike to them :cool:

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Matching colors is only acceptable if the bike is black. Otherwise, you look foolish, just as you would look foolish if you drove a yellow car with a yellow shirt and yellow pants on.

Edit: This is the proper way to do it. I'm actually backwards from this guy and have a red suit coupled with a black bike.

Click here for the full 768x1024 image.

FuzzyWuzzyBear fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 10, 2010

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

I mismatch everything so that internet nerds don't think less of me.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

Matching colors is only acceptable if the bike is black. Otherwise, you look foolish, just as you would look foolish if you drove a yellow car with a yellow shirt and yellow pants on.

This is incorrect. The only time you look foolish matching colors on your bike is when you do it with Kawi Green.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I wear hi-viz yellow...I kind of want to paint my SV hi-viz orange, the DRZ is already all yellow.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I ride naked, and have a champagne colored bike, so it still doenst work :smith:

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Matching is the only way to go, not interested in any arguments to the contrary as it is a simple proven FACT.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Argument invalid because you're wearing capris.

:v:

I'm gonna match my DRZ to my gear. Gray/blue/black. Yeah, what about it.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Z3n posted:

A TRE simply removes the timing retard in the lower gears. It's not going to affect engine braking in any meaningful way.

What don't you like about the engine braking? Too much/too little?

I'm shooting for the visual equivalent of the brown note with my supermoto. Yellow, blue, blue and black 2 tone wheels, and crashed all over. :bubblewoop:

Way, way too much. It feels like a SV to me; my F4i never had this much. I've heard varying opinions that it either does nothing or it transforms the bike. I know with the FI SVs the TRE can help take away some of the off throttle engine braking, which is why I ask.

Also, in terms of color matching - my 1pc is blue/white/black and my bike is Kawi green. :v:

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 10, 2010

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

Way, way too much. It feels like a SV to me; my F4i never had this much. I've heard varying opinions that it either does nothing or it transforms the bike. I know with the FI SVs the TRE can help take away some of the off throttle engine braking, which is why I ask.

Also, in terms of color matching - my 1pc is blue/white/black and my bike is Kawi green. :v:

It's worth a shot, I suppose. At most it's going to be a relatively small change though, it might take the edge off enough, it might be negligible. I'd look at where it changes the timing and see if I'm at those RPM enough to make it worthwhile. Reducing engine braking would probably be a tertiary benefit at best.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Speaking of engine braking, going from 2nd -> 1st on my 500 feels like my tank is punching me in the nuts. The only way around it is if I rev it +7k rpm, and then I scare everyone in traffic.

:coal:

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

My dad's Ninja 650R has a lot of engine braking as well. Even shifting up is a bit choppy. The manual states to give it half-throttle on upshifts. The bike will definitely punish you if you mistime your throttle blip on downshifts.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

AncientTV posted:

Speaking of engine braking, going from 2nd -> 1st on my 500 feels like my tank is punching me in the nuts. The only way around it is if I rev it +7k rpm, and then I scare everyone in traffic.
I don't even try to engine brake down to first, with or without a mighty 400cc of power behind it. If I'm still moving, stay in 2nd. If I'm stopping, just freewheel it in with the brakes on.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Chris Knight posted:

I don't even try to engine brake down to first, with or without a mighty 400cc of power behind it. If I'm still moving, stay in 2nd. If I'm stopping, just freewheel it in with the brakes on.

Freels. Even my 250 will slam your nuts against the tank trying to go from 2nd to 1st while moving.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

ranathari posted:

You will never be one with the bike if you don't color coordinate.

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.

Jack the Smack posted:

You will never be one with the bike if you don't color coordinate.

I can't believe I am agreeing with JtS :psyduck:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

AncientTV posted:

The only way around it is if I rev it +7k rpm, and then I scare everyone in traffic.

You say that like its a bad thing. If you scare them they might realize you are there. I usually don't blip on downshifts when slowing in normal riding, just slip the clutch to let it rev match.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Gnaghi posted:

Matching is the only way to go, not interested in any arguments to the contrary as it is a simple proven FACT.
Oh good. I was worried there for a second. I figure if I'm already going to look like a goddamn Power Ranger, I may as well go whole-hog and match my bike.

Chris Knight posted:

Yeah, not a bike, but I tried that all of about twice with my first manual car and realized it just wasn't worth it. May as well just coast/brake those last few MPH off after downshifting to 2nd.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
Some of my gear matches the KLR. It was not intentional on any level.

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches
"Unclean" is the best color of bike and gear. :colbert:

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Skier posted:

"Unclean" is the best color of bike and gear. :colbert:

my klr has got that covered

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Dwight Eisenhower posted:

I can't believe I am agreeing with JtS :psyduck:

Gomer Pyle once in a while didn't do something retarded.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
My bike is satin black, my leathers are black, and my boots are black with some flashes of red. My helmet is this one, and I recently put red reflective rim stickers on my bike to go with the helmet and break up the blackness.

The red rim stickers totally changed the look of the bike, actually. It was always a nice-looking bike, but the rim stickers just set it off in some way I can't explain. Phwoar.

Here4DaGangBang fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 11, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Let's see, I have a black and blue leather jacket, a black, white, blue, and silver pair of gloves, and a black, white, blue, and silver helmet. Yay. I also have a solid black jacket and a black and "silver" (light gray) jacket. One bike is red, and the other is zebra.