Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaws!
May 25, 2008
Bought an FX for some reason, was super cheap.

Twin disk front with PMP calipers, PMP rear as well. Drag pipes, Evo 80 cube motor, S&S carb and cleaner, terrible bars and paint, forwards and a few other bits and pieces. Goes alright, needs to be raised a bit as the primary grinds before the controls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Are you going to swap out the ape hangers?

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

kaws! posted:

Bought an FX for some reason, was super cheap.

Twin disk front with PMP calipers, PMP rear as well. Drag pipes, Evo 80 cube motor, S&S carb and cleaner, terrible bars and paint, forwards and a few other bits and pieces. Goes alright, needs to be raised a bit as the primary grinds before the controls.

That's a soulshaker right there. Screw it, just remove the flames and substitute "Grace." :) Seriously though, you (and the Doc) are right--work the ergos and geometry and you'll have a fine addition to the stable.

Ecco the Dopefiend
May 3, 2006

Come to the Isle of Tranquilizers... err I mean Tranquility.
I posted some pics a few pages back so I decided I'd share an update. Just received my new seat. Apologies for the lovely cell phone pics. They don't quite do it justice but you have an idea anyway.

Stock:

Corbin:

Took a ride through the mountains for a couple hours with the lady and noticed a vast difference. Very pleased. :)

kaws!
May 25, 2008

Marv Hushman posted:

That's a soulshaker right there. Screw it, just remove the flames and substitute "Grace." :) Seriously though, you (and the Doc) are right--work the ergos and geometry and you'll have a fine addition to the stable.

Going to switch to some mid controls and raise it a bit, will see how the bars go then. They are terrible and stupid, but kinda suit the dodgyness of the rest of the bike.

Agent 86
Jun 14, 2002

My 05 R6.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Ecco the Dopefiend posted:

Took a ride through the mountains for a couple hours with the lady and noticed a vast difference. Very pleased. :)

That seat looks great! Very stylish. :) I'm impressed that is that pretty and also much more comfy.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Oh wait, almost forgot why I wanted to posted something.

My new-to-me TDM850. :) Finally have my own transportation, wahoo! And it's comfy as gently caress.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
So sad that we don't get those out here, they look like a lot of fun.

Ecco the Dopefiend
May 3, 2006

Come to the Isle of Tranquilizers... err I mean Tranquility.

KARMA! posted:

Oh wait, almost forgot why I wanted to posted something.

My new-to-me TDM850. :) Finally have my own transportation, wahoo! And it's comfy as gently caress.

Thanks for your comments! It's amazing how well the seat fits too. They did a fantastic job.

I love that TDM. I don't think I've ever even seen one before. The lines on that thing are awesome.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Z3n posted:

Wikipedia says we got them in 1992 and 1993, but wikipedia is often wrong.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Armacham posted:

Wikipedia says we got them in 1992 and 1993, but wikipedia is often wrong.

Too bad you guys got the ugly one! :v:

Z3n posted:

It handles like a dream! You are welcome to take it for a spin if you're ever around these parts...

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

KARMA! posted:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

KozmoNaut posted:

I was thinking more

but yeah.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
I got to work, got off my bike, walked around the corner and went inside to the shop.

15 minutes later I was looking for my key and realized I don't think I even took it out, so I ran to my bike and found this:

Luckily no one noticed my lights were on or anything.

SlightlyMadman
Jan 14, 2005

I don't want to alarm you or anything, but there appears to be buried treasure under your parking spot.

sklnd
Nov 26, 2007

NOT A TRACTOR
Got my bike registered and titled in Colorado this morning.

The license plate number I got is awesome

Click here for the full 1280x850 image.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
I like how your bike is marking its spot in the asphalt :haw:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

I like how your bike is marking its spot in the asphalt :haw:

Yeah, you seem to park at the exact same distance from the curb every time. Is your front tire up against the parking block?

Also that license plate is pretty excellent. I wanted to try and figure out the odds of getting all the same letter and number on a plate, but trying to do it made my head hurt so I gave up. Probability sucks. v:v:v

sklnd
Nov 26, 2007

NOT A TRACTOR
nah its about a foot back. I just see the spot there and try to get close to it. The asphalt outside of my apartment is stupid soft - I'm thinking of just parking on the sidewalk until someone yells at me.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???
New in the stable : 2000 Ducati Monster 750
Modified airbox, cored exhaust, jet kit, a couple extra teeth on the rear sprocket, clip ons, CF bellypan, tail chop (not yet installed), frame sliders, both kickstand mods completed, very nice rear stand, extra stock exhaust, extra (dented) gas tank, full set of valve shims, extra full set of stainless hex engine bolts, and god knows what else in the parts box.

Needs new tires, and I plan on repainting the tank with a gold racing stripe ala the newer models, as well as putting on bar end mirrors and new grips. $1,300 :D

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Awesome grab. Welcome to the noise club.

Edit: Because any excuse is good enough for me:

Click here for the full 599x800 image.

FlerpNerpin fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jun 11, 2010

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

UserNotFound posted:

New in the stable : 2000 Ducati Monster 750
Modified airbox, cored exhaust, jet kit, a couple extra teeth on the rear sprocket, clip ons, CF bellypan, tail chop (not yet installed), frame sliders, both kickstand mods completed, very nice rear stand, extra stock exhaust, extra (dented) gas tank, full set of valve shims, extra full set of stainless hex engine bolts, and god knows what else in the parts box.

Needs new tires, and I plan on repainting the tank with a gold racing stripe ala the newer models, as well as putting on bar end mirrors and new grips. $1,300 :D

did it come with david hasselhoff posing behind it
did he cost extra

LeftyChris
Mar 28, 2010

UserNotFound posted:

What ya gonna do with all that extra sub-frame poking out the back?

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

did it come with david hasselhoff posing behind it
did he cost extra

Nah, he's just the PO.

LeftyChris posted:

What ya gonna do with all that extra sub-frame poking out the back?

Cut it off, of course
http://secure.compwerkes.com/Detail.bok?no=299

More picture to come, for sure. I was more exciting to get to hang out with my bud who's been in asscrackistan for the last 9 months than to bust out a real camera.

UserNotFound fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jun 11, 2010

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

sklnd posted:

The asphalt outside of my apartment is stupid soft - I'm thinking of just parking on the sidewalk until someone yells at me.

Go to your local hardware store, and find one of these -
http://www.homedepot.com/Electrical...catalogId=10053

Put one on the ground where you park, and then laugh at the people paying $5 or more for a kickstand pad. I have one with a few feet of rope tied to it, so I can retrieve it while sitting on the bike.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Raven457 posted:

Go to your local hardware store, and find one of these -
http://www.homedepot.com/Electrical...catalogId=10053

Put one on the ground where you park, and then laugh at the people paying $5 or more for a kickstand pad. I have one with a few feet of rope tied to it, so I can retrieve it while sitting on the bike.

I have a crushed soda can that works fine, is super light, and gave me delicious drink before turning into a kickstand pad. I don't have to worry about losing it because I can make another anywhere I stop that has a trash can.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got a kickstand pad with my MSF goody bag. So I use that.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

Endless Mike posted:

I picked up a few pucks free at the Indy MotoGP race last year. Official logo and everything!

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

Endless Mike posted:

You guys got goody bags? drat... we just got heat exhaustion and sunburn. :(

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Raven457 posted:

I got a t-shirt which cost me my $20 fee (you could get your $20 back if you stay for the whole class or you could donate it to the class and get the shirt).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Raven457 posted:

Yeah, we got a kickstand puck, a t-shirt, and coupon book for a local shop that didn't actually save any money versus buying online. We also paid $350 a head.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Boat posted:

Yeah, you seem to park at the exact same distance from the curb every time. Is your front tire up against the parking block?

Also that license plate is pretty excellent. I wanted to try and figure out the odds of getting all the same letter and number on a plate, but trying to do it made my head hurt so I gave up. Probability sucks. v:v:v
If I remember my 'license plate math' correctly, any individual license plate is 1:(26*26*26*10*10*10) or 1 in 17,576,000. (what astonishes me is that California has cycled through that formula 8 times now, with their 8ABC123 license plates)

This is where I'm a little fuzzy.
111aaa
222aaa
999aaa
000bbb, etc., seems to me like it would be 6:17,576,000, or 1 in 2,929,333.

*ponders longer*

No, that's got to be wrong.
The odds that a plate will *not* have any repeating letters or numbers is (26*25*24*10*9*8) or 1:11,232,000
A plate with any number/letter combo at all is (26*26*26*10*10*10) or 1:17,576,000
The odds that a plate will not be in either of those two groups has to be the difference...
1:(17,576,000-11,232,000)= 1 in 6,344,000

My head hurts.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Finally gave my son his dirt bike! I managed to keep it hidden for the past 3 months while I've been recovering from my accident, but I decided that today was the day.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Yamaha PW50 with training wheels!

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Jabs posted:

If I remember my 'license plate math' correctly, any individual license plate is 1:(26*26*26*10*10*10) or 1 in 17,576,000. (what astonishes me is that California has cycled through that formula 8 times now, with their 8ABC123 license plates)

This is where I'm a little fuzzy.
111aaa
222aaa
999aaa
000bbb, etc., seems to me like it would be 6:17,576,000, or 1 in 2,929,333.

*ponders longer*

No, that's got to be wrong.
The odds that a plate will *not* have any repeating letters or numbers is (26*25*24*10*9*8) or 1:11,232,000
A plate with any number/letter combo at all is (26*26*26*10*10*10) or 1:17,576,000
The odds that a plate will not be in either of those two groups has to be the difference...
1:(17,576,000-11,232,000)= 1 in 6,344,000

My head hurts.

The problem is they skip sequences like nnn FUK, so no matter how hard you try, you're going to be too high.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

If you want to impress me math, show this:

Given the format ABC123 and Californian morals, how many combinations within the sequence will be deleted due to perceived obscenities?

(brute force list not allowed, since I will be dead or at best severly disinterested by the time you finish)

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
Here's my 1988 Yamaha YSR50. I found out that it has a 1979 YZ80 motor swapped in recently. I got it back in march for $350. I've been trying to fix it up so I can get it inspected and licensed. Since it's got a dirt bike engine I have to rig up a total loss lighting system since the engine has no lighting coil. Currently I'm trying to get it running again. It wont start now and just does a loud puff sound or single fire every once in awhile.

It came with some fairings but I think I'm going to keep it naked. Especially since I have no hardware to mount the fairings.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I dig the 914

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

blugu64 posted:

I dig the 914

Thanks, I need to get that running too. I need to get some cash from my dad though since he's funding the project while I do the work, that's how we seem to be doing the father son thing on it hahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
My riding mentor constantly bitches about how he sold his YZ. Cool bikes, and nice car :)