Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Owlkill posted:

Does anyone else get a 'this could be the end of Achewood' vibe from this arc? I really can't see how we can go back to light-hearted strips about baby otters or cat bros after this. I'm also slightly concerned that Onstad may be in the midst of a nervous breakdown.

Yeah, people have been saying this since like October 2, 2001. Come on, people. Achewood gets weird in the winter and happy in the summer. There is a trend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Chris Onstad posted:

Yeah, people have been saying this since like October 2, 2001. Come on, people. Achewood gets weird in the winter and happy in the summer. There is a trend.

What happens if someone sends you a special lamp to sit under?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

What would happen if you went down into an abandoned mine to work and you had no clocks or other ways to tell time? What would Achewood do then?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

What happens if someone sends you a special lamp to sit under?

He gives it to a strange plush Tiger to grow pot under.

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009

Ashenai posted:

welcome to achewood you're obviously new here :)

Not at all, been a fan since 2002 :)

Grilldos posted:

What's surprising about this arc is not how disturbing it is but how it is disturbing. This is classic Achewood.

Good point, totally agree. I think this arc's disturbed me in a way that Achewood hasn't managed to before, even with the whole kidnapping of Phillipe thing. The closest I've come for sheer weirdness was the magical realism walking-helicopter thing.

I see that I might have been a bit OTT in my earlier post. I'm not saying I don't like this arc - to be honest I'd been losing interest in the past few months, seemed like Chris Onstad's heart maybe wasn't into it so much and that more attention was perhaps being paid to the fanflow (I have no idea if I'm right or not there as I'm not a subscriber, and I fully get that the guy's got to make a living and has a young family to look out for as well as entertaining the internet). This has really pulled me back in. Will be very interested to see how this one is resolved.

Owlkill fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 10, 2010

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.
So I tried the brined pork tenderloin from the Achewood cookbook (vol. I) tonight, and it was extremely delicious! My sister turned up her nose at first since I got the recipe "from a website" but she ate a lot, and we have leftovers for tomorrow as well. The cat prowled around begging for all of dinner as well.

I brined the tenderloin for 3 days and it was kind of scary looking when I pulled it out of the fridge, but it cooked up real good (despite accidentally overcooking it due to a kale mishap). I can't wait for the 2nd cookbook.

[edit] because the cat was not brined

vonnegutt fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 11, 2010

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Tell me more about the cat.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

vonnegutt posted:

So I tried the brined pork tenderloin from the Achewood cookbook (vol. I) tonight, and it was extremely delicious! My sister turned up her nose at first since I got the recipe "from a website" but she ate a lot, and we have leftovers for tomorrow as well. The cat prowled around begging for all of dinner as well.

I brined the tenderloin for 3 days and it was kind of scary looking when I pulled it out of the fridge, but it cooked up real good (despite accidentally overcooking it due to a kale mishap). I can't wait for the 2nd cookbook.

TENDERLOINLINGUS. NOUN. MEANS, EATING A TENDERLOIN WITH THE MOUTH.

The nightmare will be over and Teodor will be back to giving Ray angry, condescending looks soon enough.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
ALAAAARM: :siren:New Strip:siren:

I'm not sure I can think of a less fortuitous place to be knocked unconscious

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Honestly I think this is the best thing that could have happened to the old man.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I don't think meeting President Carter is what it sounds like, I don't think it's that at all!

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.
That poor old homosexual.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

...and it was only through sheer happenstance that Teodor landed on top of the poor old homosexual, thus sparing him the shame of not meeting President Carter.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
I think these shananigans would test even ol' Jimmy Carter's patience.

Vitriol
Mar 11, 2001

Phhhhhtttttt!
Ironically enough, I bet that Nice Pete is allergic to peanuts. Or "goobers" as he most likely calls them.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I believe the proper term is "goober peas".

Click here for the full 500x684 image.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Vitriol posted:

Ironically enough, I bet that Nice Pete is allergic to peanuts. Or "goobers" as he most likely calls them.

I always liked that he refers to diet soda as "false" soda.

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks
Lie bot, what is the saddest thing?

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2010/jun/07/6/report-woman-struck-lightning-dies-minutes-becomin-ar-314937/

Also this arc is awesome.

Skeletard
Dec 21, 2004
Along the Nathan is Nate Small train of thought: Nathan sure is short. Dude's got some Cotton Hill legs going on.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I would have to say that the most disgusting strip is the one where Lyle is licking a bra he found in a jail cell.

Vitriol
Mar 11, 2001

Phhhhhtttttt!
Something is wrong with the forum, this page dropped off the front of bss.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
We're all just getting ready to meet Jimmy Carter.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Since when have the new arcs been added to the "jump to an arc" drop down?

I swear I had a dream last night where Onstadt added new arcs to the list. When I just checked the page today, they were there.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Since he requested help cleaning that up the other day in the fanflow. Glad it's moving along that quickly.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Vitriol posted:

Something is wrong with the forum, this page dropped off the front of bss.

no new strips means no new posts

"I'm coming off my 35th birthday party. New strip Weds evening. Thanks for your patience!"

This wednesday is hella long, dogg.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won.
Achewood update time is like Valve Time. Don't sweat it.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05022005

This comic always make me chuckle because the mental image of an unconscious mans pants going down to his ankles suddenly is a wild one.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
I think I would like to see Breast Attack on gently caress Mountain. (No one spoil it for me please.)

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Ashenai posted:

I think I would like to see Breast Attack on gently caress Mountain. (No one spoil it for me please.)

they all died.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ashenai posted:

gently caress Mountain was bulldozed after the Breast Attack. :(

Now it's a parking lot.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Were the breasts attacking or being attacked? So many mysteries surrounding the tragedy of gently caress Mountain.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
:siren:NEW STRIP!:siren:

Mean vocab teachers WILL ruin your life... :(

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
That was pretty crafty of Teodor.

He couldve been craftier, earlier though.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
Nice Pete is like an ogre from a fairy tale, terrifying and invincible but with sudden, unexpected weaknesses from weird angles.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Yannick_B posted:

That was pretty crafty of Teodor.

He couldve been craftier, earlier though.

Desperation. He woke up staring at a dead old man's ill fitting shirt and knew he only had once chance to make it out of there alive.

the Professor
Nov 28, 2002

pi pi
The serial killer cat is upset that he has not prepared for the test, and will flunk Life. :(

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09052008

This is it. My favorite Achewood comic so far. Onstad, if nothing else, you will be remembered forever by me as the man who penned the comic that filled me with unending glee.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Very rarely does Nice Pete's anger get the better of him, unless he feels looked down upon by soft men raised on paved surfaces. The last time we saw him attempt The Act out of passion, he was stabbed repeatedly in the forehead and butt-cheek. As this arc has demonstrated, he's -much- better at causing trauma when there is no malice in his actions.

Or maybe he should just stick to the van. The only driver that needs is Pete, and that's how you really rack up the hands.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

bloodychill posted:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09052008

This is it. My favorite Achewood comic so far. Onstad, if nothing else, you will be remembered forever by me as the man who penned the comic that filled me with unending glee.

The alt text on the strip after that might be one of the funniest things I have ever read. Ahaha, I totally forgot about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Amazing, God I hope Pete is thinking,"Oh God I haven't studied for the test...." :ohdear: