Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoodStampBrown
Jul 18, 2002

"You go get your gun! And pack a lunch, you're gonna be here a while!"

dusty udder smoker posted:

the undertaker lost his debut survivor series match. e: he was eliminated but his team won the match, so gray area there.

orton lost his first match to brock lesnar.

The best part about that was, he wasn't even the legal man in the ring when he got eliminated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Squid
May 17, 2005
Tentacles rise from the sea...
My grandfather took me to my first show when I was little kid, and I want to see if I remember it correctly or not. Tell me, is it at it at least possible that I saw Sid Vicious and Kerry Von Erich wrestle on the same card in a small town in North Alabama around 1987?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Giant Squid posted:

My grandfather took me to my first show when I was little kid, and I want to see if I remember it correctly or not. Tell me, is it at it at least possible that I saw Sid Vicious and Kerry Von Erich wrestle on the same card in a small town in North Alabama around 1987?

absolutely since the territory system still existed and since both dudes were floating around the south at that time

Giant Squid
May 17, 2005
Tentacles rise from the sea...
That's good to know. I'd be pretty disappointed if that memory of six year old me being lifted onto Kerry Von Erich's bicep and Sid Vicious interrupting the ring announcer's introduction to tell us all that he "Sure as hell ain't from the stinkin' cornpone city of Muscle Shoals, Alabama!" was just a figment of my imagination.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Grant DaNasty posted:

I've always wondered why Finlay was called "Fit" Finlay. Was it just because he was in shape or was it some Irish thing I'm not aware of? It just seems like a lame nickname, especially for a wrestler.

I think its just his real nickname

workinonit
Jul 11, 2009
If TNA were to go out of business, would the WWE see value in acquiring their video library?

Also, does the WWE own the video rights to pretty much every company that no longer exists? Do they ever make use of this?

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
Off the top of my head, WWE now has the rights to the libraries of WCW, Smokey Mountain Wrestling, ECW, A lot of late 80s NWA stuff, the AWA, WCCW, and Universal I think? There are probably even more.

They basically own every major American promotion that was in business throughout the late 80s and the 90s.

The Gobbledygooker
Apr 5, 2007
What are some of the best PPVs in the last 10 years?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

Off the top of my head, WWE now has the rights to the libraries of WCW, Smokey Mountain Wrestling, ECW, A lot of late 80s NWA stuff, the AWA, WCCW, and Universal I think? There are probably even more.

They basically own every major American promotion that was in business throughout the late 80s and the 90s.

The only significant tape library that they don't own is Memphis. At least, I am pretty sure they don't own the Memphis tape library.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Gobbledygooker posted:

What are some of the best PPVs in the last 10 years?

WMX7
Backlash 2009
ROH Driven
ROH Man Up
TNA Sacrifice 2005

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

MassRayPer posted:

WMX7
Backlash 2009
ROH Driven
ROH Man Up
TNA Sacrifice 2005

Since you include ROH, I'd add ROH Joe vs. Kobashi

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Jewellers posted:

If TNA were to go out of business, would the WWE see value in acquiring their video library?

Probably depends on what the asking price is. If its like :10bux: I think they'll do it because why not

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MassRayPer posted:

The only significant tape library that they don't own is Memphis. At least, I am pretty sure they don't own the Memphis tape library.

Memphis usually just taped over their previous shows, so a lot of Memphis wrestling footage isn't around. They also don't own Mid-South/UWF. Bill Watts' ex got that in their divorce. I think they released like one or two DVDs on some no-name label.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ChampRamp posted:

Since you include ROH, I'd add ROH Joe vs. Kobashi

not a ppv, driven and man up were.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

Memphis usually just taped over their previous shows, so a lot of Memphis wrestling footage isn't around. They also don't own Mid-South/UWF. Bill Watts' ex got that in their divorce. I think they released like one or two DVDs on some no-name label.

A lot is missing, but there's still some footage out there. Much of the Wrestling Gold Collection was filled with Memphis stuff.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Apart from the Bryan Danielson/Morishima series, what are considered Danielson's best matches?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Yuriy posted:

Apart from the Bryan Danielson/Morishima series, what are considered Danielson's best matches?

My personal favorite non-Morishima matches: Danielson/KENTA from Glory by Honor V and Danielson/Nigel from Unified.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Yuriy posted:

vs Nigel from Weekend of Champions N2, Unified, and Driven
vs KENTA from Glory By Honor V N2
vs James Gibson (Noble) from GBH IV
vs Paul London from Epic Encounter
vs Davey Richards from Final Countdown Boston

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

vs Colt Cabana (The 100th Show)

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?
Any of his singles matches with Roderick Strong and Austin Aries.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

vs Delirious, that one that owned, I can't remember which show though.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy
Danielson/Reality vs. Internet/Smarks, 2010

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Berzerker posted:

vs Delirious, that one that owned, I can't remember which show though.

The second match at Ring of Homicide is my personal favorite.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Yuriy posted:

I'd say vs. KENTA at Glory By Honor V and vs. Nigel at Unified and 6th Anniversary Show, but you could make a case for basically every match that's been listed by others plus 10 or 15 more.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Satire Forum Mom posted:

Any of his singles matches with Roderick Strong and Austin Aries.

His match with Aries at Enter the Dragon was kind of eh.

Some fun, overlooked ones:

vs. Matt Sydal (Evan Bourne) - Death Before Dishonor V N1
vs. Jimmy Rave - Fight at the Roxbury
vs. Erick Stevens - Transform
vs. Alex Shelley - Arena Warfare

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
So... any loving Bryan Danielson match is what you guys are getting at.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Pneub posted:

So... any loving Bryan Danielson match is what you guys are getting at.

this but unironically

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

funniest match he's been in was him v Kenny Omega at the PWG 100th show

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Lamuella posted:

funniest match he's been in was him v Kenny Omega at the PWG 100th show

John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Moose Bigelow posted:

John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt?

wait... your name... is MY NAME TOO!

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Web Jew.0 posted:

this but unironically

That's not how irony works.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Explain irony.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Pneub posted:

* * * SOMETHING AWFUL DOT COM * * *

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

DannoMack posted:

Explain irony.

It's like Kaaaaane
on your wedding day

It's a free ride
when you've already paid

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

frankenfreak posted:

It's like Kaaaaane
on your wedding day

Holy poo poo. :lol:

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

It's the good advice that you didn't take.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Shitty_Wok posted:

It's the good advice that you didn't take.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
and who would've thought

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Pneub posted:

your post, ironically enough, said that wrestlehut would suggest all bryan danielson matches when unbeknownst to you that is in fact what they would suggest. every single bryan daneilson match. my post posits the irony your ignorance of wrestlehut's love of all bryan danielson matches being highlighted by the factual truth that they do

[img - bender irony.jpg]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
one time i went to get some dq where my friend worked and she told me that i just missed alanis morissette (this was in ottawa). i told her i told a really awesome alanis morissette joke earlier that day and that it was ironic i'd miss her at dq the same day

:smug: