Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

quote:

Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly
He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids goodbye
He waited his whole drat life to take that flight
And as the plane crashed down he thought
"Well isn't this nice..."
And isn't it ironic... don't you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
What the gently caress is going on in this thread? :psyboom:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

KungFu Grip posted:

What the gently caress is going on in this thread? :psyboom:

Irony, apparently.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pneub posted:

So... any loving Bryan Danielson match is what you guys are getting at.

Bryan Danielson is a very good wrestler who has wrestled many, many matches because he lives for the wrestling business.

It's not hard to see why he has a lot of well-regarded matches.

(also gently caress you amdrag rules)

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I was browsing through Sara Del Rey's website (a Twitter post popped up saying she had a new shirt) and she apparently has a DVD that includes a match between her and CLAUDIO CASTAGNOLI.

My question is, has anyone seen this match, and where did it happen? (and how was it?)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Matlock posted:

Flair's on a plane
Once again, Matlock knocks it out of the park!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Pneub posted:

That's not how irony works.
Clearly every post from this person is not terrible.

But yes, pretty much every Bryan Danielson match.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

MassRayPer posted:

A lot is missing, but there's still some footage out there. Much of the Wrestling Gold Collection was filled with Memphis stuff.

A big problem with Memphis is that the footage out there often isn't masters. In fact, years ago someone bought masters of months of 80s shows from a garage sale but didn't have the money to restore most of it. The other problem I've read is it isn't legally clear who owns the rights to the footage so WWE doesn't want to deal with it. Budget bin videos can go under the radar so they don't worry about the video quality being poor or getting sued.

They also don't own St. Louis. Allegedly Triple H has begged Vince to buy the tape library because the atmosphere of Wrestling at the Chase looks cool but Vince doesn't want to spend the money to restore it. I don't think they own San Francisco or LA either, and they may not own all of Portland's footage. They don't have CWA out of the gulf coast, either, although "major" may or may not apply to it. It was a prominent territory.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Web Jew.0 posted:

your post, ironically enough, said that wrestlehut would suggest all bryan danielson matches when unbeknownst to you that is in fact what they would suggest. every single bryan daneilson match. my post posits the irony your ignorance of wrestlehut's love of all bryan danielson matches being highlighted by the factual truth that they do

[img - bender irony.jpg]

Who said I didn't think he was that good? Stop positing stuff.

rotinaj posted:

Bryan Danielson is a very good wrestler who has wrestled many, many matches because he lives for the wrestling business.

It's not hard to see why he has a lot of well-regarded matches.

(also gently caress you amdrag rules)

I can't even tell why you're pissed of.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

WeaselWeaz posted:

A big problem with Memphis is that the footage out there often isn't masters. In fact, years ago someone bought masters of months of 80s shows from a garage sale but didn't have the money to restore most of it. The other problem I've read is it isn't legally clear who owns the rights to the footage so WWE doesn't want to deal with it. Budget bin videos can go under the radar so they don't worry about the video quality being poor or getting sued.

They also don't own St. Louis. Allegedly Triple H has begged Vince to buy the tape library because the atmosphere of Wrestling at the Chase looks cool but Vince doesn't want to spend the money to restore it. I don't think they own San Francisco or LA either, and they may not own all of Portland's footage. They don't have CWA out of the gulf coast, either, although "major" may or may not apply to it. It was a prominent territory.

who owns portland?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

WeaselWeaz posted:

They also don't own St. Louis. Allegedly Triple H has begged Vince to buy the tape library because the atmosphere of Wrestling at the Chase looks cool
Nothing to do with his alleged Harley Race fetish, then?

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

frankenfreak posted:

Nothing to do with his alleged Harley Race fetish, then?

Alleged? Dude needs to pay the King royalties.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

dusty udder smoker posted:

who owns portland?

Stixx.

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

dusty udder smoker posted:

who owns bartertown?

Master Blaster.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Pneub posted:

Who said I didn't think he was that good? Stop positing stuff.

You didn't think wrestlehut would suggest literally all of his matches and (imo) the reality is they would. That's ironic.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

CVagts posted:

I was browsing through Sara Del Rey's website (a Twitter post popped up saying she had a new shirt) and she apparently has a DVD that includes a match between her and CLAUDIO CASTAGNOLI.

My question is, has anyone seen this match, and where did it happen? (and how was it?)

They had a "Match" at KOT 2010, but that was due to her being selected for Osirian Portal's team to go against BDK, which Claudio/Sara are part of. I'm not sure if they've legit had a real match yet.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Xenoletum posted:

They had a "Match" at KOT 2010, but that was due to her being selected for Osirian Portal's team to go against BDK, which Claudio/Sara are part of. I'm not sure if they've legit had a real match yet.

No, this was like a special compilation DVD she's selling; it seems to be a singles match.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Web Jew.0 posted:

You didn't think wrestlehut would suggest literally all of his matches and (imo) the reality is they would. That's ironic.

But I'M the one that suggested it!

Also, is there any word on when "Paul" gets off the DL.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Pneub posted:

But I'M the one that suggested it!

Also, is there any word on when "Paul" gets off the DL.

o ok i thought you were being facetious (while i was being suggesting it seriously).

I'm watching the ending of raw again for like the hundredth time. Half of them hit Cena with their finisher (Otunga spinebuster, Danielson kick, Barrett fall-toward slam, Gabriel's 450) but the other half hit clotheslines. Did none of those guys have a consistent finisher for the entire first season or did they maybe just not want to exhibit too many flashy moves?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

maybe they just thought the Skippy Stunner looked silly?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Web Jew.0 posted:

I'm watching the ending of raw again for like the hundredth time. Half of them hit Cena with their finisher (Otunga spinebuster, Danielson kick, Barrett fall-toward slam, Gabriel's 450) but the other half hit clotheslines. Did none of those guys have a consistent finisher for the entire first season or did they maybe just not want to exhibit too many flashy moves?

Skip has the backpack stunner, but I don't remember if Young or Slater had one.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

CVagts posted:

No, this was like a special compilation DVD she's selling; it seems to be a singles match.

Semi final of the 2008 TPI.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Hockles posted:

Skip has the backpack stunner, but I don't remember if Young or Slater had one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa75vLsBlb8

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

holy poo poo i would've loved to see white cena get hit with that by black cena. maybe next week.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

So I know that the Scorpion Deathlock was referred to as such before Sting started using it, but who started using the move first? Him or Bret?

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

LividLiquid posted:

So I know that the Scorpion Deathlock was referred to as such before Sting started using it, but who started using the move first? Him or Bret?

Sting, apparently.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I AM REBORN

Web Jew.0 posted:

o ok i thought you were being facetious (while i was being suggesting it seriously).

You're good people Web Jew.0, I don't know why I kept drawing this poo poo out.

Also, maybe they were trying to lay off that many neck-based finishers in a row in this otherwise throw-away instance.
Also, Young's whatever-that-is looks pretty loving bad from a wrong angle.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

LividLiquid posted:

Sting was using it by around 87, Bret didn't start until he went solo in 91.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Young's finisher is loving awful. It has 0 impact and he has basically no control of it after he lets go. I couldn't believe how people here were saying how great it was.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Charisma posted:

Young's finisher is loving awful. It has 0 impact and he has basically no control of it after he lets go. I couldn't believe how people here were saying how great it was.

Is it ruining your immersion?

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Seriously, what happened to Super Dragon?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

He got injured. He got fat. Then retired.

Excalibur said on the DKP Christmas Show if he was going to return any year it would probably be this one.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

MassRayPer posted:

WMX7
Backlash 2009
ROH Driven
ROH Man Up
TNA Sacrifice 2005

Backlash, SummerSlam, Bragging Rights, and Survivor Series were all really, really good last year.

SummerSlam '02 was also outstanding.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

I never saw WM22 the first time round, and managed to pick up the DVD for £4 today so I'm watching it now.
My question regards all the giant portraits of the wrestlers around the top of the arena - how come Hogan has a photo up there despite not being on the card anywhere? Am I missing something significant?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

LividLiquid posted:

Bret was asked to learn the move and had Konnan teach it to him.

I believe either Tenryu or Tenzan were the first big names to use it.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

VolumeOverTalent posted:

I never saw WM22 the first time round, and managed to pick up the DVD for £4 today so I'm watching it now.
My question regards all the giant portraits of the wrestlers around the top of the arena - how come Hogan has a photo up there despite not being on the card anywhere? Am I missing something significant?

At the time the theme of the show was "Big Time", as in big time WM moments, Hogan slamming Andre was the default one. And Hogan inducted Mean Gene into the HOF that year.

Not sure if that warrants him having a photo around the ring like other, active wrestlers, but that's what he was doing at the time.

Crooow!
Dec 7, 2005

Abortions for some, tiny American flags for others!

Lone Rogue posted:

Bret was asked to learn the move and had Konnan teach it to him.

I believe either Tenryu or Tenzan were the first big names to use it.

It was Riki Choshu, I believe.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Crooow! posted:

It was Riki Choshu, I believe.

You are correct sir! There's a photo floating around somewhere of Choshu having Hogan trapped in it.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Speaking of technical wrestlers and Indy darlings...

What has A-Train been up to lately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He wrestles In Japan a lot as Giant Bernard, the kayfabe son of George "Brute" Bernard. He's doing quite well for himself.