Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.
I have some tips for Risen. It's a decent game however it does a very bad job of explaining some things.

-The game has three main starting paths. Bandit camp, monastery and harbour city. These shape your character class however the game retardedly does not tell you this. If you go the bandit camp path you can choose a melee or ranged type of character. If you get into the monastery path, you become a mage type character. If you go to the city path you become a monk type character.

-A couple of crucial game mechanics for some loving stupid reason are not ever explained. For example, you can dig for treasure in small areas of cleared ground (need a shovel). You can uncover doors by clicking on some rings in dungeons or clicking on some rock walls with a pickaxe in your inventory (usually look like doorways).

-Get good at dodging and blocking.

-Keep all the stat boosting herbs. These can be made into potions which make them more effective.

-Alchemy is a must.

-Smithing only lets you make jewellery and swords. Still useful however.

-If you get high enough into the axe or sword mastery tree, you can wield 2H axes/swords in one hand.

-The highest that trainers can train your STR & DEX is 100. You can get above 100 through stat boosting equipment and potions. The cap is 200. Any stat boosting equipment counts towards both these caps. Eg you have 95 strength and wear a +5 ring for 100 total. A strength trainer will not let you add +5 strength until you take the ring off. You can only raise wisdom through reading bookstands and stone tablets.
As a corollary, keep all your stat boosting potions until you have trained up to 100 STR/DEX without any +stat items on.

-Only certain weapon trainers can get you to the maximum mastery.

-STR & DEX add directly to your weapon damage. STR for melee, DEX for ranged. Crossbows require STR to equip however get a damage bonus from DEX. Not sure how WIS works.

-Sneak is pretty much only good for stealing things in people's houses, skip it as you can get a ring that gives it to you. On PC, enable sneak with the LCTRL key (not sure what it is on console). Again, for some stupid loving reason the game doesn't tell you how to do this nor does it list this button in the key config in options.

-Acrobatics is useful for jumping off cliffs to reduce travel time. Again, you can find a ring that gives it to you.

-Jumping while you travel generally allows you to move faster than running. Exceptions are travelling up or down sleep slopes.

-When you are lockpicking chests/doors, the number of left/right actions for each lock is always equal. Eg. an easy lock has 4 actions (2L, 2R), medium has 6 (3L, 3R), hard has 8 (4L, 4R). So if you have a hard lock where the first four actions are LLLL, you know that the last four are RRRR.

Vidaeus fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jun 13, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Sentient Toaster posted:

I'm about 4 hours into .hack Infection and I'm getting sick of missing almost every attack. It doesn't seem to change when I try equipping stuff with higher physical accuracy. Does that ever change? General advice is also good.

It will, but there will still be enemies that have very high evasion. Make sure you always bring a wavemaster with you.

Have you bought the other 3 games? Are you dedicated to try and finish this series?

If so, I would use an FAQ only to see how many virus cores you need in total. In the 4th game, you'll need virus cores from the very very beginning areas (A,B, and C's) to gate-hack some of the later dungeons. Its hard to data drain enemies when you could kill them in one hit.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

C-Euro posted:

50 nets you a Heart Piece :eng101:
Also I don't believe you can do the Shadow and Spirit Temples in any order. At the very least, I seem to recall needing the Shadow's dungeon item to get through the Spirit Temple (or at least it makes it much easier). The Lens of Truth too, which I guess technically isn't in the Shadow Temple.

I always did the Spirit before the Shadow and never had any problems.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

C-Euro posted:

50 nets you a Heart Piece :eng101:
Also I don't believe you can do the Shadow and Spirit Temples in any order. At the very least, I seem to recall needing the Shadow's dungeon item to get through the Spirit Temple (or at least it makes it much easier). The Lens of Truth too, which I guess technically isn't in the Shadow Temple.

Yes, 50 does gets you a heart piece. I just figured that someone that wasn't going to be obsessive about getting all the skulltulas wouldn't get obsessive about heart pieces, and there are a lot easier pieces to get.

I know some people always do spirit first, although it's (almost) mandatory to get the Lens first. I know in the Ocarina song screen, the spirit song is after the water and before the shadow. I'm trying to remember if I used the hover boots in the spirit temple. I think they're probably very useful, but definitely not mandatory (in that temple) in the way the hookshot or bow is.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

Ineffiable posted:

Have you bought the other 3 games? Are you dedicated to try and finish this series?

If so, I would use an FAQ only to see how many virus cores you need in total. In the 4th game, you'll need virus cores from the very very beginning areas (A,B, and C's) to gate-hack some of the later dungeons. Its hard to data drain enemies when you could kill them in one hit.
I plan to finish them all at some point and I managed to pick up the first two. Just about everything gets drained until it starts giving me back to back misfires.

Khurath
Jul 26, 2007
Pretty sure this has been answered before, but it's not in the wiki.

For Dragon Age: Origins: what items can I sell, and what should I hold on to? I've bought every backpack I've found so far, but I'm constantly running into the inventory limit in the middle of dungeons. I've got a whole mountain of crafting and "other" non-gift items that I'm not sure if I actually need for anything.

(If it matters for any reason, I'm playing a sword & shield human warrior and am trying to be a nice guy.)

Bemis
Jan 5, 2010

Khurath posted:

For Dragon Age: Origins: what items can I sell, and what should I hold on to? I've bought every backpack I've found so far, but I'm constantly running into the inventory limit in the middle of dungeons. I've got a whole mountain of crafting and "other" non-gift items that I'm not sure if I actually need for anything.

(If it matters for any reason, I'm playing a sword & shield human warrior and am trying to be a nice guy.)

Keep potions/elfroot, everything else goes.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Khurath posted:

You can ditch practically every non-gift miscellaneous item and all those useless salves and slight elemental boosting items unless you're playing on hard because they're otherwise not needed. If you're not crafting anything than don't be afraid to ditch crafting items because they have horrific resale value and aren't worth clogging up your inventory. You'll make 90% of your money selling unneeded weapons and armor. I don't know if they patched it into the 360 version but the PC version had a serious lack of overall cash enemies dropped until they patched it a few months later.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Bemis posted:

Keep potions/elfroot, everything else goes.

Yup, pretty much. Hand down your best armor and weapons amongst your guys as much as you can, and sell the extra off. Everything else you should donate to your troops back at camp whenever possible. It will make your life a little easier in the final stretch.

Fray Joker
Nov 3, 2007

You can fool too many of the people too much of the time.
I don't think I'm understanding Nier. Any tips?

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Any tips for Wild Arms XF, like how often are you meant to switch jobs?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Sentient Toaster posted:

I plan to finish them all at some point and I managed to pick up the first two. Just about everything gets drained until it starts giving me back to back misfires.

I can't find the faq that told me about virus cores. I think you need 15 of each type you can data drain (that's A-L, ABC in game 2, DEF in game 2, GHI in game 3, and JKL in game 4.)

The most tedious part of the game is when you're just happily going through the story, then you come upon a locked area and have to go farm virus cores for a while. Remember, the Book of Ryu that tells you about enemies you've seen, tells you where to find them, and the virus core they carry. It's a good reference to know where to go.

When you finish the first game, make sure you have 10-15 of it's virus cores. Same with the second and third. Its not that they're missable, but its hard to data drain from enemies you kill in 1-2 hits.

Aside from the whole needing a lot of virus cores, this is a pretty good game series.

Also just a small level tip. Try to brave dungeons several levels above you. And be smart about pulling enemies in the field. If you can defeat them, then you'll level up quickly. Since data drained enemies don't give you much exp, you'll need to do a few runs purely to level up.

Money is only good for items, so just start stocking 99 revives, cures, potions, etc. All weapons you can get better in sidequests or from dungeons.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I got Fallout 3: GOTY Edition on Steam when it was half off. It's not my first time, but I didn't get very far before I called it quits the last time I played. Any hints/good mods I should know about before I plunge into the wasteland again?

Astfgl
Aug 31, 2001

Artix74 posted:

I got Fallout 3: GOTY Edition on Steam when it was half off. It's not my first time, but I didn't get very far before I called it quits the last time I played. Any hints/good mods I should know about before I plunge into the wasteland again?

- Repair is the most important skill. It helps you manage your inventory, and deal the most damage with your weapons.
- Don't max out any skills or attributes, as you can get them to the maximum using wearable bonuses, effectively freeing up skill points. Remember, there are bobbleheads for every skill and attribute in the game, and they'll permanently raise your skill or stat by +10 or +1, respectively.
- Keep as many copies of the following items as you can: hockey masks, hats, eyeglasses/sunglasses, pajamas, and lab coats. There will be unique items later in the game that can be repaired using those items.
- Pay attention to the ground, especially in subway tunnels and vaults. There are frag mines everywhere, and they're easily disarmed as long as you spot them ahead of time. The same goes for most other traps, which can be disarmed through a skill check or just by shooting them (in the case of pressure plates and tripwires).
- 90% of the time in combat, you'll want to aim for the head (or face, in some instances). The only time this doesn't apply is when you're facing an extremely powerful foe that you need to slow down (like a deathclaw) or disarm (like a super mutant brute with a rocket launcher) or whose head is more resistant than the rest of its body (sentry bots). Then you should focus on either taking out their mobility (i.e., the legs) or their ability to attack (i.e., crippling their hands or destroying their weapon). If you're having trouble accurately hitting the head, there are some perks that increase your headshot accuracy in VATS, but you should also consider using weapons with little or no spread, like hunting/sniper/laser rifles as opposed to weapons like assault rifles and shotguns. Weapons with 0 spread (like the unique hunting rifle, Ol' Painless) will technically fire perfectly straight if your weapons skill is at 100 and there are no obstacles in the bullet's path.
- You should really steal anything that isn't nailed down, especially at first. Fallout 3 uses a modified version of Oblivion's theft system, and all that means is that while stealing when unobserved won't get you into trouble with the locals, it will affect your morality slider. That being said, the penalty incurred for theft is a drop in the bucket compared to the karma points you get for completing certain quests, so in the long run stealing doesn't really affect your karma all that much. Again, all this amounts to the fact that you should TAKE EVERYTHING YOU SEE and BREAK INTO EVERY BUILDING YOU FIND. People's homes, shops, clinics, abandoned houses, etc. One of the first things you should do when you find a new settlement is rob every house blind.
- When hacking computers, there are freebies hidden in the code. Look for completed, matching brackets: (), {}, <> or [] but not )) or ][ or [}. Sometimes the brackets will be well hidden and they'll contain code like this: $)[)%^$#&@%]$. Anyway, in that example, if you were to click on the first square bracket (and remember, this trick only works by clicking on the first of the two completed brackets) then you get a freebie, which will either replenish your allowance of guesses or remove a single dud from the list. The higher your science skill, the more bracket tricks you can find in the code, and after a certain point there will be more bracket tricks than actual guesses, making hacking a breeze.
- There are some quests you should start immediately:
  • Wasteland Survival Guide: One of the longest quests in the game, you should pick this one up from Moira in Megaton as soon as you leave Vault 101. This is the ONLY Megaton quest that will remain active if you destroy the town, as Moira will survive, relocate to a different settlement, and not bear you any ill-will, allowing you to complete the questline without any repercussions.
  • Find items: There are a bunch of characters in the game who will ask you to collect random items (like scrap metal) for them. You'll usually get money for the items, sometimes far more than the base value, but sometimes you'll also get XP or other items in return. These quests are best to start early just so you can maximize your intake. The best ones are: Scrap metal for Walter (Megaton), Scrap metal for Winthrop (Underworld), Sugar Bombs for Murphy (Northwest Seneca Station), and Pre-War Books for Scribe Yearling (Brotherhood of Steel). Those are really the only ones that are worth doing, as the exchange rates for some of the others aren't worth it. Some of these are also governed by your barter skill, meaning that a low barter skill will produce really lovely rewards (like trading a bottle of Nuka Cola for a single 10mm bullet).
  • Save/Destroy Megaton: If you plan on saving Megaton, do it as soon as possible (like, steal some mentats and try to do it before you even leave Megaton for the first time). You wind up with a house right off the bat. If you plan on destroying Megaton, be sure to loot the town and complete every quest except for Moira's (who will survive the blast and allow you to continue her quest) before blowing it up. The evil path is harder just because you have to wait longer before you can get your house. Also, if you're planning on looting the whole town before destroying it, you might have to wait a long time before you're able to pick the two Very Hard locks.
- Also, there are some nifty items you should grab ASAP:
  • Lucky Shades (Lucky's Trading Post, SW of Tenpenny Tower): Increases your Luck by 1, and can be worn with most other headgear (pretty much anything that isn't a full helmet). Lucky's is an unmarked location, but it's the red brick building almost directly SW of Warrington Station. You don't have to fight anything, either. You can just waltz in, grab the shades from the mannequin and leave. You may be ambushed upon leaving the building, though, so be prepared.
  • Naughty Nightwear (Marigold Metro Station): Increases your Luck by 1 and your Speech by 10. You'll probably come across this during the Those! quest, but in case you don't, find Marigold Station in Grayditch and look for Grady's corpse inside. There'll be a holotape that'll give you all the relevant information. You don't actually need to complete the Those! quest to get the nightwear.
  • Lucky 8 Ball (Big Town, Red's Clinic): Increases your Luck by 1. To get this one, you need a medicine skill of 30+ and you need to have already completed both parts of the Big Trouble in Big Town quest (both rescuing the captives AND defending the settlement). After that, you can revive Timebomb in the Clinic to get the ball.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I know some people always do spirit first, although it's (almost) mandatory to get the Lens first. I know in the Ocarina song screen, the spirit song is after the water and before the shadow. I'm trying to remember if I used the hover boots in the spirit temple. I think they're probably very useful, but definitely not mandatory (in that temple) in the way the hookshot or bow is.

I always went Shadow first because Navi tells you to check out Kakariko after beating the Water Temple. Looks like I have something to try next time I play the game I really DON'T need a reason to take my N64 to grad school with me

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Oh my god how are you supposed to make it even 10 minutes at a time in Castlevania Symphony of the Night? I'm dying constantly.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Volvagia posted:

Oh my god how are you supposed to make it even 10 minutes at a time in Castlevania Symphony of the Night? I'm dying constantly.

Seriously? Have you ever played a Castlevania game before?

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
I played that one for 64 where you could become a werewolf or something.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Volvagia posted:

Go slowly, and make sure to check new equipment everytime you find some.

mystery at hog island
Aug 16, 2003
Captain of Outer Space

Volvagia posted:

Are you dying on the initial Dracula fight or have you started the real game?

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
I'm stuck at fighting myself I guess? The second real boss fight?

Recycling Centerpiece
Apr 28, 2005

Turn around
Grimey Drawer

Sentient Toaster posted:

I'm about 4 hours into .hack Infection and I'm getting sick of missing almost every attack. It doesn't seem to change when I try equipping stuff with higher physical accuracy. Does that ever change? General advice is also good.

It's been a while since I played the first .hack series, but here's what I remember:

Your level is very important. A tough fight for a level 5 team will be a lot easier for a level 6 team. It may be tempting to run around high-level areas early in the game but the fights will be so tough that the experience gain may not be worth it. Without Wavemasters/scrolls, it is difficult to even hit enemies 5+ levels higher than you.

As for general tips: there is no dedicated healer class. Your best bet is to be the healer yourself, or get a Wavemaster set to healing. I got through a good deal of the game just sitting in back and casting while I had two melee characters doing most of the actual fighting.

There's a weapon mod called Death that can instantly reduce an enemy to (I think) 10% of its current health. This is extremely cheap and exploitable. Some people keep a Death weapon equipped at all times, and some people avoid them altogether. I kept a normal weapon set, but switched over to the Death one when I got bored of fighting and just wanted to get a dungeon over with. This will happen very often in the later games.

There's no level requirement on equipment. Those guys running around town with level 50 weapons? If you can pull off the trade, you can use them at level 1. The otherwise useless items you get from the chest at the bottom of a dungeon (some kind of candy I think, and grunty statues or something) are excellent trade fodder.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon

Volvagia posted:

Symphony of the Night has a broken difficulty curve so that it's really difficult when you're just starting out and don't know what you're doing, but they give you so much good equipment towards the end that you'll probably be disappointed with how easy it is. All I can really say is keep at it and the game will break itself for you.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Volvagia posted:

I'm stuck at fighting myself I guess? The second real boss fight?

This guy is a loving bitch. Keep working at it because it's a fun fight but if you're having too much trouble do a google search for SOUL STEALER. Try not to spam it too much because it's game breaking.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Big L posted:

Just started Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, any tips or things to watch out for?

Once you get the ability to search for soldiers using Wi-fi, just use that to recruit soldiers, it's far less of a pain in the rear end.

Once you get the ability, make sure to use your intel teams as much as possible. The more soldiers in them, the better.

There's a boss that will remind you of Mr. Freeze. Once you see him, restart the mission with a tranquilizer gun and try to stamina kill him, if you think you can. Don't bother doing this with any of the other bosses.

Portfolio
Dec 10, 2004
The Department of Redundancy Department
I have no doubt this has come up multiple times in the thread already, but I'm about to start Final Fantasy VI for the first time, the GBA port. Anything I should know, anything missable that I should be aware of, etc.?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Portfolio posted:

I have no doubt this has come up multiple times in the thread already, but I'm about to start Final Fantasy VI for the first time, the GBA port. Anything I should know, anything missable that I should be aware of, etc.?

Don't jump.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Portfolio posted:

I'm pretty sure everything that can be missed in the first half of the game shows up in the second half. As Capsaicin said when you reach a point that times you and asks if you want to jump, don't jump.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

al-azad posted:

I'm pretty sure everything that can be missed in the first half of the game shows up in the second half. As Capsaicin said when you reach a point that times you and asks if you want to jump, don't jump.

Not quite everything.

When you have a choice between a character and an item, pick the character.

Explanation: I'm pretty sure Mog can only get the Water Dance in the first half of the game.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Ornamented Death posted:

Explanation: I'm pretty sure Mog can only get the Water Dance in the first half of the game.

You are correct. Did they actually change the name to that in the remake? I always liked the name Water Rondo.

Another semi-related tip, there's an area near the beginning where you temporarily get some friendly NPCs in your party. You can strip some of their weapons and use them on characters you acquire shortly thereafter. These weapons are advanced by at least a couple steps from what's available when you get that character.

Spoilery explanation of the above: You temporarily get Mog early, and you can steal his spear to give to Edgar (if I remember correctly.) I don't think any of the other Moogles are un-equippable though.

There's a point where an NPC asks you for help, and you actually get to answer yes or no - if you say no three times you get a better item than you do for saying yes, and there are only three of that item reliably available in the game. (That is, not acquired by stealing from or morphing monsters.)

m2pt5 fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 14, 2010

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Is there anything I should know about Jagged Alliance 2 before trying it?

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

You should probably download a fan patch that disables a certain counterattack that occurs in the early-mid game, because it will seriously gently caress you over and will ruin the game for you. I won't spoil it, and I'll let you Google it at your own risk, but trust me when I say that you don't want that attack to come. Ever.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Just check out this thread

I heartily recommend 1.13 for a first playthrough.

That Awful Nick posted:

You should probably download a fan patch that disables a certain counterattack that occurs in the early-mid game, because it will seriously gently caress you over and will ruin the game for you. I won't spoil it, and I'll let you Google it at your own risk, but trust me when I say that you don't want that attack to come. Ever.

Actually the fan patch enables it, and you have to go into the configuration to disable it.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Capsaicin posted:

Don't jump.

There's a couple of points in the game where you have to jump. If you're jumping into water, go ahead and jump. If you're not, you may want to wait a bit.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Meal Gear Solid 4 on the PS3, guys? I tried ramboing but loving hell, that made the game seem so boring. Problem is I'm just not used to stealth like this; games like the original Metal Gear Solid and Alpha Protocol? No problem.

This, however. :psyduck:

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

Meal Gear Solid 4 on the PS3, guys? I tried ramboing but loving hell, that made the game seem so boring. Problem is I'm just not used to stealth like this; games like the original Metal Gear Solid and Alpha Protocol? No problem.

I loving love this game and apart from a lot of really good advice on the Wiki all I can suggest is to play through it and experiment a lot. The game's borderline sandbox (despite its relative linearity) in that at any given time there is absolutely no one true strategy which you absolutely must use. You can take your time (and finish the game in 300 hours) and slow crawl in OctoCamo through the entire game, or you can slowly but surely pick off the enemy left and right with well placed, well timed shots and still complete the game fairly stealthily in a lot less time. I find that upgrading the M4 and the Operator early on were big helps (especially buying a fuckload of supressors) in making the game, on the whole, much easier. Don't worry about killing dudes or getting Alerts in your first playthrough. Just try to enjoy prone crawling up to a dude and grabbing him, using him as a human shield while you kill his buddy, then slitting his throat. This game is all about getting out of it what you put into it. If you put a lot of patience and planning into it, you'll get the ultimate stealth simulator. If you put a little patience and a lot of aggression into it, you'll get the ultimate ninja simulator. If you just put a lot of aggression into it, though, without much planning, you'll get some sweet Rambo moments followed immediately by a Game Over screen simulator.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

poptart_fairy posted:

The game was made so you can play how you want. If you want to stealth through everything, do it. Stay low to the ground and keep changing your Octocamo to fit your surroundings.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

That Awful Nick posted:

I loving love this game and and and and and

Ah, thanks for that, dude. I only just got the section after you first meet the weapons dealer, and something just wasn't 'clicking'. Getting into a gunfight while trying to stealth felt like a failure, and purely run and gun just felt so shallow. Apparently I'm putting too much stock in specialising, though. :v:

I'll hit it again in the next couple of days, with a more relaxed playstyle.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

Also don't know if you've figured this out yet but if you shake the controller it cancels your current camo which makes the transition from one camo to the next a whole lot faster.

poptart_fairy posted:

Ah, thanks for that, dude. I only just got the section after you first meet the weapons dealer, and something just wasn't 'clicking'.

When you get past the opening part in the Middle East and go to South America it's like a whole new game. It gets to be a lot more like MGS3. Which was my favorite in the series.

That Awful Nick fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jun 14, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

That Awful Nick posted:

Also don't know if you've figured this out yet but if you shake the controller it cancels your current camo which makes the transition from one camo to the next a whole lot faster.

Also handy if you get into a cutscene and don't like how your current camo looks in it. Yes, it works in cutscenes and :iia: