Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Ah yes, a giant robot that looks like a japanese school girl from Sweden. :3:

She becomes a major character later on in the show. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge
May 29, 2008

Mining for the Greater Good.
It kills me, the walmart by me hasnt stocked any of the DCU toys. I want a Blue Beetle!

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Cthulhudreamt posted:

It kills me, the walmart by me hasnt stocked any of the DCU toys. I want a Blue Beetle!
My Walmart won't be ordering any more DCU toys because they've actually sold negative figures. They've had more come back then have gone out.

But man if you want a Forager or Power Girl I can hook you the gently caress up!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

After I bought the only Blue Beetle at my local Wal-Mart none of the other figures have sold. I keep meaning to buy Donna Troy and Superboy but with the Peter Venkman 6" figures on Tuesday and War for Cybertron coming out I'm holding out for those.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

DCUC Wave 5 set goes on sale tomorrow morning on Matty if anyone was waiting for this.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Rage posted:

DCUC Wave 5 set goes on sale tomorrow morning on Matty if anyone was waiting for this.

Also, Peter Venkman 6" version.

Sleeper Pimp
Nov 2, 2006

Ess Jay SCHARKS DAWT COM
I am going to sell off a huge lot of my action figures that are collecting dust in my garage. The problem is I don't know the best place to put them up at. It's mostly loose Marvel Legends, some of the earlier Revoltech figures and a few misc figures. Does anyone have any good ideas?

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Sleeper Pimp posted:

I am going to sell off a huge lot of my action figures that are collecting dust in my garage. The problem is I don't know the best place to put them up at. It's mostly loose Marvel Legends, some of the earlier Revoltech figures and a few misc figures. Does anyone have any good ideas?

I'd start here.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Sleeper Pimp posted:

Yeah. always give us first crack.

Also, I think that she-ra figure coming out tommorow means I'll be making my first mattycollector purchase. What time do these normally come out?

Bushifox fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 15, 2010

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Bushifox posted:

Also, I think that she-ra figure coming out tommorow means I'll be making my first mattycollector purchase. What time do these normally come out?

Be on and logged into your account 15 minutes before noon EST. Don't hesitate when ordering, get in and get out quick as possible because it will sell out in minutes.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Sleeper Pimp posted:

I'm actually looking to do the same, but I'm wondering if now is a good time. I mean, I have a poo poo-ton of figures (lots of variants and BAFs too but most figs are opened), but looking on ebay most auctions for similar items have 0 bids. Kinda disheartening.

Shiftypenguin fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jun 15, 2010

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Bushifox posted:

MOTUC figures always sell out almost instantly. Everything else usually lasts a day+.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Bushifox posted:

9am PST / 12pm EST. Also the page will do a stupid "We are experiencing high volume" poo poo starting about 15 minutes before. It'll auto refresh so once it comes back up buy it quick.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Did they ever get a release date or estimate for the Reeve Superman to go along with the Stamp Zod?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I've got a bit of a problem. I got all of the DCU figures for the build-a-figure Darkseid but as it turns out he has two right legs and the head doesn't attach to the torso. Were these a common problem with this line of figures? Would complaining to Mattel get me replacement parts?

Edit: Looking closer at the leg they are two different legs; it's just that the shin and foot are backward on one of them and they don't look like they can be snapped out easily and fixed...

Edit2: Never mind; I managed to fix the leg joints and the head I can attach with glue...

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 15, 2010

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

10 minutes till sale time.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

The Rage posted:

10 minutes till sale time.

been stuck on the high traffic screen for 20 minutes now.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Well ordering my first thing since Lobo. Time to hurry up and wait.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Their whole "Don't refresh the page you'll get in faster!" thing is bullshit. I got in faster hitting f5 occasionally on one tab than on another that just sat there auto-refreshing from their system.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
While you guys are waiting, wanna answer a semi-odd question? I've got a collection of zombies going and was wondering if you could point me at any I've missed. From Resident Evil I have regular zombie (with the arms and hands that come off and the pegs are modelled to look like muscle and bone when they're apart, he's my favorite), lab coat zombie, and crimson head zombie. From Dawn of the Dead I have Dr. Tongue. From Marvel Select I have Zombie Spider-Man and Zombie Colonel America. From Blackest Night I have Black Lantern Firestorm, Black Lantern Kal-L, and Black Hand. I intentionally didn't get Zombie Hulk, Black Lantern Wonder Woman, and Dawn of the Dead Hare Krishna Zombie because they didn't look that rotted (WW isn't rotted at all), and skipped Black Lantern Aquaman and Martian Manhunter because ehhhh. I may get them later, at least they're all decomposed.

So I'm looking for 6" scale zombies who are visibly, y'know, gross and zombie-looking. Any suggestions?

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

jesus. 20 minutes on processing the order to come back with out of stock. Nice.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I had She-Ra. I had her in my cart like 5 times and every single time it would time out somewhere along the way forcing me to put everything back in the cart. Now I can't seem to even get it to process my credit card. gently caress I hate Matty some days.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Bushifox posted:

jesus. 20 minutes on processing the order to come back with out of stock. Nice.

Welcome to every month at Matty Collector. I'm so glad I don't collect MOTU, or I would probably have just killed myself by now.

Anyone who ordered the DCUC wave 5 going to have an extra metallo left arm? I can't justify paying $80 for an arm.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Finally got through on my order, took loving forever. I hope they learn their lesson about how many greedy toy nerds exist on this planet and amp up their servers before the DCUC Trigon wave goes up next month.

CapnAndy posted:

While you guys are waiting, wanna answer a semi-odd question? I've got a collection of zombies going and was wondering if you could point me at any I've missed. From Resident Evil I have regular zombie (with the arms and hands that come off and the pegs are modelled to look like muscle and bone when they're apart, he's my favorite), lab coat zombie, and crimson head zombie. From Dawn of the Dead I have Dr. Tongue. From Marvel Select I have Zombie Spider-Man and Zombie Colonel America. From Blackest Night I have Black Lantern Firestorm, Black Lantern Kal-L, and Black Hand. I intentionally didn't get Zombie Hulk, Black Lantern Wonder Woman, and Dawn of the Dead Hare Krishna Zombie because they didn't look that rotted (WW isn't rotted at all), and skipped Black Lantern Aquaman and Martian Manhunter because ehhhh. I may get them later, at least they're all decomposed.

So I'm looking for 6" scale zombies who are visibly, y'know, gross and zombie-looking. Any suggestions?
A few years ago Mezco Toyz released three zombies that were really nasty in a one-shot line called "Attack of the Living Dead." There were three of them (Jake, Earl, and Hellen), and they each came in a number of different skin colors (light, dark, glow-in-the-dark, and black-and-white). Additionally, there were certain head molds that were on some and not on others (example: there was a "normal" Jake head, with just whited out zombie eyes, and also a head where maggots are pouring out his eye socket; there's also two Helen heads that aren't much different, but the variant for Earl includes a eye falling out of the socket). They came with accessories like a half-eaten torso, a brain and other random body parts. Additionally, many of their normal body parts are removable to make them even more decrepit; well, not Helen's, but both Jake and Earl you can pop out arms, legs, or even Earl's jaw if you want to.

Here's a few websites with pics:
http://www.dreadcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2141&sid=e623f9033f0ad4a97f957c516fef916f
http://www.oafe.net/poe/mez_alde.php
http://www.oafe.net/yo/mez_aldh.php

Unfortunately, the line never sold as well as it could have, and the proposed second wave never got made, and the line is out of production and sold out on Mezco's website, so you'll probably have to track it down on ebay or something. Totally worth it if you want the goriest zombie toys ever made, though.

edit: yeah, checked on ebay and it looks like there's a number of 'em on there for cheap for ya

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 15, 2010

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Oh, those are just horrifying and wrong. Thank you so much :)

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Fish Of Doom posted:

Welcome to every month at Matty Collector. I'm so glad I don't collect MOTU, or I would probably have just killed myself by now.

Anyone who ordered the DCUC wave 5 going to have an extra metallo left arm? I can't justify paying $80 for an arm.

Yeah. I'm kind of glad now though because really, paying more than 25 bucks for a figure is a bit much. Maybe I'll find someone to trade me a she-ra or something. Her and evil-lyn are really the only two I want. (and an aurora would be nice too I guess).

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

CapnAndy posted:

I always thought Black Lantern Aquaman was pretty boss. Just need to make a zombie shark to buddy around with.

I don't know for sure, but there has to be some zombies made by McFarlane Toys.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I got a set but I won't need it all lets see if it ever gets here

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

CapnAndy posted:

The NECA "Dawn of the Dead" Plaid shirt zombie is pretty cool, I like his headsculpt alot, but I repainted the shirt on mine to white with red/black bloodstains.

http://cooltoyreview.com/Neca_CC_S4_PlaidShirtZombie.asp

scare
Nov 25, 2002

CapnAndy posted:

some of the palisades resident evil stuff was great.
Turns out they're all rare and pricey though.
here's a few of mine.

and the old toybiz stuff was pretty cool. it's a smaller scale, but i like them.

and does anyone collect g.i. joe?
scored two to the "cancelled" wave 3 vehicles today.

scare fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jun 16, 2010

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I have that soldier zombie as well, he's pretty great. For the life of me I couldn't remember what company made it until you posted, though. :hfive:

scare
Nov 25, 2002
I don't really buy movie toys, but this revoltech Batman is amazing.

and i finally caved in and got a MOTU Classics. I've been avoiding getting any of them, but this guy was too hard to pass up.

SpeedofLife
Mar 11, 2010
Since there's no Japanese toy thread I though I'd ask this here:

This is Tochukaso Yggdradon by Monstock:

Where I can I buy them?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

SpeedofLife posted:

Since there's no Japanese toy thread I though I'd ask this here:

This is Tochukaso Yggdradon by Monstock:

Where I can I buy them?

Discworld?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Dunno if this counts, but I was just sent this by my friend who makes weird poo poo like I do.

I mentioned offhand that I really liked the idea of the Rock of Eternity bullets they used to try and kill Black Adam a while back in the comics, and apparently he got bored and made this for me :)

No idea if it's marble or what, but drat it looks cool. Can't wait till he gets back in town so I can get it and figure out how to display it!

scare
Nov 25, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Dunno if this counts

yes, yes, i would say that counts.
I'm not a gun guy, but that's actually pretty cool.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
My favorite Paul McCartney song:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Titanium Man fisted Magneto? What album was that on?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Up to date on MOTUC finally!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Ripley
Mar 21, 2010

by T. Finn

Satsuki posted:

Up to date on MOTUC finally!
Wow, the Avatar toys are seriously retarded!