Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

She did seem a bit on the slow side, she couldn't follow any of Adam's jokes either.
I'm not from the USA and have no idea who she is, but she seems like the sort of person that Carolla would rip apart if she wasn't in the studio?

Comedians seem to be a highly intelligent bunch, is she actually a comedian?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Kingsbury posted:

this thread just makes me want to have anal sex and pass out

If this is true you're going to go to jail, buddy!

malefactor
Jul 23, 2006

by T. Finn

Omnicarus posted:

Good Lord I hope none of you ever see Adam in person. I don't know if you could divert your eyes fast enough to prevent yourself from ejaculating in your trousers. That would be embarrassing.
:qqsay:

I DON'T GET JOKES

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

malefactor posted:

:qqsay:

I DON'T GET JOKES

I only meant that some people in this thread seem to worship Adam, like a golden calf1 if you will. While they themselves lead continue their normal lives, they idolize Adam Carolla as an average man's avenue to straight forward, and occasionally crude, humor dealing with current events. This led me to put forward an idea that if they saw Adam in person they would experience a sudden sexualization of their idolization and respond by ejaculating/orgasming before they could control themselves. Since this is generally frowned upon by society, it would be embarrassing. I thought this would be funny since it was both a semi-hostile comeback to what I perceived as insults and incorporated the crude humor typically seen on the show. I am sorry if it did not translate well.

Edit: To further justify my attempt at making a joke, my previous joke that referenced Scooby-Doo2 seemed to go over rather well so I attempted to continue my streak and make another joke. I suppose I should consider my streak broken. :(

Omnicarus fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jun 18, 2010

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Omnicarus posted:

I only meant that some people in this thread seem to worship Adam, like a golden calf1 if you will. While they themselves lead continue their normal lives, they idolize Adam Carolla as an average man's avenue to straight forward, and occasionally crude, humor dealing with current events. This led me to put forward an idea that if they saw Adam in person they would experience a sudden sexualization of their idolization and respond by ejaculating/orgasming before they could control themselves. Since this is generally frowned upon by society, it would be embarrassing. I thought this would be funny since it was both a semi-hostile comeback to what I perceived as insults and incorporated the crude humor typically seen on the show. I am sorry if it did not translate well.

Nah we don't idolize him, we just don't take things as seriously as you, especially a celebrity's politics and opinions.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Omnicarus posted:

Edit: To further justify my attempt at making a joke, my previous joke that referenced Scooby-Doo2 seemed to go over rather well so I attempted to continue my streak and make another joke. I suppose I should consider my streak broken. :(

You gotta get out there and get your bitch spunk drunk!

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Omnicarus posted:

CatfishClyde
Jul 22, 2001
Orange Rhyming Dictionary
Ohhhhhhh boy.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Whoooooooooooooooooooo CARES?!?!

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
WHOA! Oh my god! Somebody hold the phones, I can't believe that!

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Omnicarus posted:

Anderson, write that down wouldja? Go-ld-en ca-lf. You know what I always say Drew? It takes all kinds. It really does.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Omnicarus posted:

You have a small penis, you fag!

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

CaptainViolence posted:

This reminds me of an episode, probably from '02, or maybe even later '01, where Adam's having trouble getting a caller to follow along with the question and he blurts out, "What are you, retarded?" Turned out the guy had autism of some sort, and Adam just kind of awkwardly apologized and joked a little about how the one time he asked that it turned out terribly and now he looked like a monster. I can't remember ever hearing him that uncomfortable on the show.

I'm not sure if it's the same one, but I remember an episode with some caller who was definitely out of it, a bit slow-spoken, they started making some light jokes about it. Anderson started playing the banjo music, then the caller made mention that he was hit by a car and had some issues. Drew and Adam started going back and forth trying to ask the guy if he had some physical damage from it, or if he was just out of it because of the drugs he was on for it. They eventually figure out that he had brain damage from his car accident, was on a lot of drugs afterwards, and that was why he had problems. I forget the original purpose of his call, but I remember it being very incoherent.

Also, I remember after the call, Adam said "Anderson, I will see you in hell, my friend".

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Violent J is simultaneously the best and worst guest ever.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Rack posted:

I'm not sure if it's the same one, but I remember an episode with some caller who was definitely out of it, a bit slow-spoken, they started making some light jokes about it. Anderson started playing the banjo music, then the caller made mention that he was hit by a car and had some issues. Drew and Adam started going back and forth trying to ask the guy if he had some physical damage from it, or if he was just out of it because of the drugs he was on for it. They eventually figure out that he had brain damage from his car accident, was on a lot of drugs afterwards, and that was why he had problems. I forget the original purpose of his call, but I remember it being very incoherent.

Also, I remember after the call, Adam said "Anderson, I will see you in hell, my friend".

I am almost sure it was a woman. It was during the week Bruce co-hosted. Same scenario you describe but eventually she mentions a car accident and Adam goes silent...

"Hold on, if it turns out she has brain damage from this car accident I will see you in hell Anderson."
"Sweetie, did you receive any brain damage from the accident?"
"Yeah"
"Alright Bruce, I have to go to hell. They're waiting for me, you do the show until my contract is up. Work out who gets my cars and whatnot, I don't know I gotta go."

Judakel fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 18, 2010

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Omnicarus posted:

You had to have laser on your faggoty self!

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Rack posted:

My favorite wtf caller moment was when they were talking to some bumpkin sounding guy from a southern state and he said he was going to college, Adam made fun of him and said "for what?"

"Oh, I'm studying Russian literature."
*Esai Morales starts speaking Russian*
*caller speaks Russian and never skips a beat*

I've never heard Drew and Adam both so surprised, both with Esai and the caller.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Alright, just got done normalizing all the audio fro the stream. I'll re-upload it over the weekend, so there may be some glitches or downtime with the stream in the meantime.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Whitey Ford posted:

Is Natasha Leggero mentally disabled or is this a character she's playing?

"80% of kids in South Africa have AIDS"
loving what?

It's basically a character. Leggero is pretty drat sharp. And a damned fine comedian.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

'I'm a comedian!'
'Wow that's really cool what's your best act?'
'Racist.'

YEAH BUT STILL

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.
Does anyone recall Adam's hierarchy of guys on the construction site?

Roofers and metal workers were down there, carpenters like Adam were somewhere in the middle. I don't recall the rest but its pretty extensive and parts of it frequently mentioned.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

That one night generated every Violent J drop. Anderson got great mileage out of that show.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

WEH posted:

'I'm a comedian!'
'Wow that's really cool what's your best act?'
'Racist.'

YEAH BUT STILL

In other words, a Carlos Mencia clone.

Kingsbury
Mar 28, 2010

by angerbot

Omnicarus posted:

The most interesting thing about this entire post is that I thought you said "steak" instead of "streak" at the end. After I re-read it and found out you weren't talking about steak I realized it was just a bunch of inane blabbering.

Magnificent Quiver
May 8, 2003

Omnicarus posted:

This is horrible unfunny effortposting just shut the hell up.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Strange Matter posted:

Violent J is simultaneously the best and worst guest ever.

Pennywise vomits on air, chases people around trying to vomit on them, and... well...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdAkEdczikw

Kingsbury
Mar 28, 2010

by angerbot
In order to save this thread... Hack will have to become....

A RAPIST

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Listen, Will, haven't you said to your friends...'Oh, she's a waffle crapper.'

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

BinaryW00kie posted:

Listen, Will, haven't you said to your friends...'Oh, she's a waffle crapper.'

I remember when the wafflecrappers were flying over my village.

Magnificent Quiver posted:

This is horrible unfunny effortposting just shut the hell up.

Effortposting is the most retarded term ever. Shut the hell up right after Omnicarus does.

Kingsbury
Mar 28, 2010

by angerbot
edit

Kingsbury fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 19, 2010

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.

Omnicarus posted:

Take 800 units of vitamin E and see if that doesn't sort things out for ya. NEXT CALLER

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

TomSellek posted:

Take 800 units of vitamin E and see if that doesn't sort things out for ya. NEXT CALLER

Remember, that's not orally. You need to put those vitamin e capsules directly into the urethra to make it effective.

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn

This is my favorite Loveline episode of all time. I was listening to this one live. Great memories. I recorded it on my mini tape recorder at the time and used to repeat the show over and over.

spirited
Nov 2, 2001

Time might lead me to nowhere; Fate might break me apart; I'll always be thankful that once, along life's journey I found the unchanging Imperishable in you.
I'll be one of the goons to say that I worship Adam for his improvisational skills. Was Comedy Central so scared of Adam's trap that they had him reading off cards on The Man Show? It's like Adam was castrated, with only the ability to mock audience members and do those man on the street bits (which were always awesome).

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Say what you will about his politics and whatnot, but you can't question his improv genius. My favorite bit on the Man Show was him playing the psychic and loving with passerby.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Judakel posted:

This was my favorite Loveline conversation ever, pretty much. Will Arnett is a god and he needs to come on the podcast.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'd forgotten about this rant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAax2yYgx3c

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Whitey Ford posted:

Is Natasha Leggero mentally disabled or is this a character she's playing?

"80% of kids in South Africa have AIDS"
loving what?

Like I've always said: Margaret Cho is one of the top five Korean lesbian comics currently working the Los Angeles scene.

Natasha Leggero is actually really good (and quite attractive) when she co-hosted the Tomorrow Show (a weekly show in Hollywood hosted by Ron Lynch). I also just found out she played Rita the Drunk on the Joe Schmo Show.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW
Theres a whole era from like 99 to 2001 where Drew is convinced every single violent action is caused by speed. Its amazing.

Drew: "Is he on speed?"
Caller: "Of course not."
Drew: "Are you absolutely positive?"
Caller: "Yes. Absolutely"
Drew: "Eh...I dunno..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnificent Quiver
May 8, 2003

Judakel posted:

Effortposting is the most retarded term ever. Shut the hell up right after Omnicarus does.

Go ahead and put a yellow star on me for saying words you don't like buddy

• Locked thread