Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

OK, what do the numbers mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EscalatorThief
Jul 28, 2006

Angryhead posted:

Click here for the full 1680x947 image.

Anyone else notice the numbers at the bottom? :tinfoil:
They can be seen at 6:40 in the video on YouTube.
(I didn't notice them myself)

I'd venture to say that those numbers is the timecode stamp from the film that someone forgot to remove. If you freeze around that same shot the last pair of numbers goes up the further you go along which makes sense as they correspond to the frame number.

snail goat
Dec 12, 2006

you shouldnt doubt yourself
you know more about goats than you give yourself credit for
It's Illuminati reference, obviously.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Waddley Hasselhoff posted:

It's Illuminati reference, obviously.

On that topic, Vigilant Citizen got around to their Alejandro analysis

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So, this is kind of a cross post from BSS but...That Lady Gaga comic that came out this week was just embarrassing. The art, the story, everything about it was as awful as it could possibly be.

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN

Kuroshi posted:

On that topic, Vigilant Citizen got around to their Alejandro analysis
Is it that surprising that someone championing gay rights would use anti christian symbols?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yes.

All her songs are about romance and sex, but they're also about her relationship to pop music, her audience, and the world. Yes, even "I Like It Rough"

You might say that when you listen to "Monster", you are the monster....

oh god, so when she calls us her little monsters...

:eek:

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

And then swing your swift sword, sister
Swing your swift sword now
Swing your swift sword, sister, sister

Dr. Furious posted:

Is it that surprising that someone championing gay rights would use anti christian symbols?
Oh, gently caress off.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
I'm surprised nobody commented on the GaGa comic.

It's pretty bad!

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

TheJoker138 posted:

So, this is kind of a cross post from BSS but...That Lady Gaga comic that came out this week was just embarrassing. The art, the story, everything about it was as awful as it could possibly be.

Matlock posted:

I love it. Love it.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Ugh that comic is terrible in so many ways. That Prison for Bitches fanzine blows this poo poo out of the water. I mean could they make Gaga look more mannish?!

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Blodskur posted:

I love it. Love it.

To be fair, I misspelled comic when I control-F'd the page.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN

realqueenbetty posted:

Oh, gently caress off.
I'm not suggesting she's part of some satanic illuminati conspiracy but many of the images she uses are clearly religious or have religious connotation, and Christian beliefs are the primary reason for denying gay rights, a cause she very vocally supports.

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

Dr. Furious posted:

I'm not suggesting she's part of some satanic illuminati conspiracy but many of the images she uses are clearly religious or have religious connotation, and Christian beliefs are the primary reason for denying gay rights, a cause she very vocally supports.
Oh. Terribly sorry. I thought you were implying that only devil-worshiping puppets of the Freemasons supported GLBT rights or something equally idiotic. A lot of people also cite "traditional family values" as the main reason they're against homosexuality, whatever the gently caress "traditional family values" are supposed to entail.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

realqueenbetty posted:

Oh. Terribly sorry. I thought you were implying that only devil-worshiping puppets of the Freemasons supported GLBT rights or something equally idiotic. A lot of people also cite "traditional family values" as the main reason they're against homosexuality, whatever the gently caress "traditional family values" are supposed to entail.

"Traditional family values" means "I am secretly gay. Please eagerly await my incredibly embarrassing public outing shortly!"

I love those Vigilant Citizen articles. They're actually an interesting peek into the symbolism used in Gaga's videos even if VC attributes them to some seriously insane ulterior movies and conspiracies.

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

Could also mean, "I'm resentful of women's role in the continuation of the species and so wish to subjugate them, the uppity bitches." Or, if it's coming from a woman, "I got mine, but it would upset the men -- who are in charge -- too much if I allowed other women to get theirs."

I bet Gaga's just flaunting her extensive understanding of symbolism in art. I wonder if any interviewers have actually asked her about it.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Matlock posted:

It's pretty bad!

Good GOD

This is a pretty hilarious article all round too:

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/06/14/lady-gaga-comic-bluewater/1#c28624546

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Sockser posted:

I can almost guarantee this guy listens to copious amounts of mediocre classic rock/metal.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

machchunk posted:

I can almost guarantee this guy listens to copious amounts of mediocre classic rock/metal.

or pretentious indy bands no one actually likes judging from the CORPORATE MUSIC Raghghahgr thing at the end.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

A Pale Horse posted:

or pretentious indy bands no one actually likes judging from the CORPORATE MUSIC Raghghahgr thing at the end.

If only it were that simple

http://truthaboutandrewwk.blogspot.com/

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

Sockser posted:

tl;dr lol

Is it not possible to be simultaneously aware of the heinous poo poo our government (ICE detention facilities, Wikileaks footage of civilian shooting in Iraq, etc.) and businesses (Deepwater Horizon) do while enjoying pop music? Just because the two are seldom manifest in the same individual doesn't mean they're mutually exclusive.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Good GOD

This is a pretty hilarious article all round too:

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/06/14/lady-gaga-comic-bluewater/1#c28624546

Oh god, I had just assumed it was some weird online fan-made comic.

I'm not sure if this makes it worse or better.

Sockser posted:

Illuminati in my Gaga?

THNDRTHF
Apr 14, 2004

so much for
bein' optimistic

realqueenbetty posted:

tl;dr lol

Is it not possible to be simultaneously aware of the heinous poo poo our government (ICE detention facilities, Wikileaks footage of civilian shooting in Iraq, etc.) and businesses (Deepwater Horizon) do while enjoying pop music? Just because the two are seldom manifest in the same individual doesn't mean they're mutually exclusive.

This is the most highbrow post I've ever seen.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 18, 2010

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There are several steps to Gaga conversion, also known as "being bitten by the Fame Monster", which parallel what this thread has gone through.

First, you may be initially repulsed by what you're experiencing. "This is trashy pop music," maybe. Or "Dude, she's totally a man, this is some Crying Game poo poo right here, you can see her dick right here!"

But she gets your hooks into you. Somehow "LoveGame" slips into your playlist "accidentally," or you watch that Christopher Walken clip or that South Park clip a strange number of times.

"I like Lady Gaga ironically," you start to tell yourself. Or maybe you're a little braver and admit that you do love her -- but you're scared to let anyone else know.

It's only a few steps from there until you're contemplating how much you're willing to spend on a lock of her hair, get a Gagatar, and are having your first gay experience

Uhg...

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Kageneko posted:

Uhg...

Have you seen the light brother? :gay:

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Kageneko posted:

Uhg...

Well, don't leave us hanging. Who was he? How was it? Tell us all about it.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

It's true. Between the time I first heard LoveGame via Tap Tap Revolution on my iPhone and now, I have had my first gay experience. And, well.... just look at my avatar!!!

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Gaga's whole "turn the world gay" masterplan is coming along nicley, very nicely indeed.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I still need my first gay experience

I'm almost there guys :unsmith:

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

Go to a pride festival; they'll set you "straight".

thateringirl
Aug 15, 2005
This video is so strange I've become sort of obsessed with trying to figure it out.

There's a weird image of something that looks like a face, then a figure running across the screen between 0:45 and 0:46. Can anyone make it out?

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

realqueenbetty posted:

Go to a pride festival; they'll set you "straight".

Also went to my first one of those in that period of time :toot:

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Matlock posted:

It's pretty bad!

The part where the guy has a breakdown and starts singing at work makes me laugh because it's so terrible.

Berkman
Jun 30, 2005
Astros>You.
You know who sucks? Lady fuckin Gaga. Absolutely the shittiest music I've ever heard. Terrible lyrics to follow. HEY GUYS BAD ROMANCE ALEJANDRO SEE MY POKER FACE RAH RAH LA LA LA GA GA GA, https://www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Berkman posted:

You know who sucks? Lady fuckin Gaga. Absolutely the shittiest music I've ever heard. Terrible lyrics to follow. HEY GUYS BAD ROMANCE ALEJANDRO SEE MY POKER FACE RAH RAH LA LA LA GA GA GA, https://www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com

Well I'm convinced. Thank you for your guidance and wise words Berkman.

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
Haha calling Lady Gaga the "shittest music" that you've "ever heard" is a dead giveaway to me that you've heard of like 20 artists or bands in your entire lifetime. Not to sound Helldumpy but you also have posts in a drat Muse thread; are Muse's overwrought bullshit lyrics really better? Strip away my semi-confrontational tone and I'm asking an honest question here

if you weren't serious I'm gonna look dumb.

Final Fart Buttball fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jun 18, 2010

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Muse is basically the same as Gaga anyway, just with a male vocalist and distorted guitars.

e: no-one make a loving tranny joke there im serious

Action Man
Jan 31, 2007

Final Fart Buttball posted:

Haha calling Lady Gaga the "shittest music" that you've "ever heard" is a dead giveaway to me that you've heard of like 20 artists or bands in your entire lifetime. Not to sound Helldumpy but you also have posts in a drat Muse thread; are Muse's overwrought bullshit lyrics really better? Strip away my semi-confrontational tone and I'm asking an honest question here

if you weren't serious I'm gonna look dumb.

I will be helpful and provide you with the shittiest music you've ever heard.
I present you with The Shaggs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN9UT2zF8c8

:downsrim:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreamlogic
May 11, 2007

Action Man posted:

I will be helpful and provide you with the shittiest music you've ever heard.
I present you with The Shaggs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN9UT2zF8c8

:downsrim:

Great, now I can't stop listening to this... thanks a lot

• Locked thread