Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

threepac
Sep 26, 2008

OHMED!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY

haveblue posted:

this is the best page on the internet

quotin' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template_talk:User_Asperger/Archive_1 again

quote:

I'd like to reduce the font in the left part of the template, because the text currently stretches a little beyond the standard size of similar templates. On any page containing this template among many standard templates, this template will stand out. I'd like to reduce the footprint of this template.

quote:

There is nothing wrong with it standing out, nor it not being a "standard size". It is not important that every template be the same size at all. --Mistress Selina Kyle (Α⇔Ω ¦ ⇒✉) 23:58, 9 January 2006 (UTC)

quote:

Perhaps there are many more Wikipedian Aspies who do not use this template because it is too loud. You may not feel there is anything wrong, I considered that there might be. -- Ec5618 00:14, 10 January 2006 (UTC)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

NANERPUSS posted:

um cowboy bebop owns shut yo mouth fool

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

You're telling an Aspie to stop being obsessive? Do you have any idea what the syndrome entails and what the primary symptom is? :p That is all. Rogue 9 23:12, 9 January 2006 (UTC)

Should I know? Should I assume that an editor has a serious neurological condition, and tread carefully around them? I'm sorry, but I refuse to stare at the wheelchair, if you get my meaning. -- Ec5618 23:40, 9 January 2006 (UTC)

I don't expect or want you to stare at the wheelchair, particularly as I don't consider it a disability in the literal sense. FYI, two of the trademarks are obsessive-compulsive behavior and obsessive specialty on a certain subject to the point where the Aspergian knows that subject inside and out. The first part leads to what we saw here, which is a problem when displayed on Wikipedia. The second leads to brilliant article contributions in areas that are the Aspergian's obsessive specialty, which is indispensable. However, all this is ancillary to what I was pointing out, and I didn't even intend it as a criticism; I simply found it funny that Selina Kyle was being told to stop being obsessive on a topic that she's basically bound to be obsessed about, namely her own syndrome. Rogue 9 18:29, 10 January 2006 (UTC)

I am not an established member of the Wikipedia community, so I won't comment on all the technical aspects of this page. However, as a neurotypical who lived with an Aspie for the first eighteen years of her life and currently plans on working with autistic children for a living, I will say that obsessive-compulsive behavior is not a symptom of AS, much less a hallmark of the syndrome. Yes, OCD and Aspergers are often comorbid, but that doesn't mean that the one is characteristic of the other. The claim that people with AS are by definition obsessive-compulsive reflects a serious misunderstanding of the differences between obsessive-compulsive disorder and the "restricted, repetitive, and stereotyped behaviors, interests, and activities" that are characteristic of Aspergers. People with AS are already vastly misunderstood, and when you misrepresent your disorder, you do them all a great disservice. I don't mean to be rude, I just want to encourage you to be more careful with your research in the future. Alt0dos (talk) 17:34, 24 November 2008 (UTC)

threepac
Sep 26, 2008

OHMED!

quote:

Category:Aspergian Wikipedians

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

LunixArchduke posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template_talk:User_Asperger/Archive_1

this lame edit wars page is loving amazing

I was wondering how the inclusion of this userbox and category helps in building an encyclopedia. --malber 18:42, 18 January 2006 (UTC)

Is that a sincere question? Why have you added it to your user page if you think it is inappropriate for Wikipedia? --Tabor 19:30, 18 January 2006 (UTC)

He doesn't have Asperger Syndrome. He thinks AS is a "social construct for hiding bad behaviour" and that people with AS "just need to accept that they are a jerk". See my talk page, near the top, for quotes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk%3AMistress_Selina_Kyle
He recently got blocked for making this kind of bigoted hate speech, then for vandalizing talk pages of people with Asperger Syndrome. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Log/Block?page=User:malber --Mistress Selina Kyle (Α⇔Ω ¦ ⇒✉) 20:05, 18 January 2006 (UTC)

34KOMivGVSUrJHlvaT
Apr 30, 2002

1A4 EVERYDAY
holy poo poo, "lame edit wars" has some of the few well-told jokes on Wikipedia too

quote:

Year 2038 problem

After 2038, it turns out that some computers are also going to run into date issues in the year 292,277,026,596, well after the predicted end of the universe. Which means we've still got some time to discuss whether the article should include a sentence that says "this is not widely regarded as a pressing issue".[89] [90] [91] [92] Apparently saying that it didn't matter itself didn't matter, because the phrase was deleted when nobody was watching and nobody even seemed to notice. And then the reference to the problem was deleted as well, so if you're reading this after finding a copy of Wikipedia amidst the fallout of the war caused by the Year 292,277,026,596 problem, the Wikimedia Foundation extends its condolences.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

LunixArchduke posted:

holy poo poo, "lame edit wars" has some of the few well-told jokes on Wikipedia too

it honestly reads like it's curated by an entirely separate group of people than those who edit the actual site

quote:

Kanto (Pokémon)
A huge discussion broke out regarding the notability of a particular truck appearing in some iterations of the Pokémon series and whether the accompanying images fell under fair use. The article's talk page ballooned over ten times from 12,000 bytes to 140,000 bytes and spilled over onto several users' talk pages.

List of fictional ducks
You read that right; edit warring over nonexistent waterfowl. Page protections, admin interventions, accusations of vandalism and sockpuppetry fly like...well, like things that fly, anyway.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Final Fantasy VIII
Week-long debate regarding the "Controversy/Criticism" section about whether or not Final Fantasy VIII has a "massive" fanbase or a "fanbase as large as the fanbase of Final Fantasy VII".
:drat:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

LunixArchduke posted:

speaking of well-told jokes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1978_Woodturning_workshops.jpg

the page it comes from, Woodturning, mentions that it's a picture of a woodturner working at an "alternative-lifestyles festival"

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
this is the best fictional duck:

"In a Spokan myth, Duck takes revenge on Coyote, who stole Duck's wife, by blowing on him until Coyote freezes to death."

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
sounds like coyote didnt live long or prosper

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

NANERPUSS posted:

um cowboy bebop owns shut yo mouth fool

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

ahahaha there was an edit war over Richard Charles "Lowtax" Kyanka's name

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
Dear Richard, ahem, Dear Charles, I believe that I have been banned in error.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Dear Dick Chuck,

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

quote:

This page has been deleted. The deletion and move log for the page are provided below for reference.

apparantly there was a snype page at one time

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

deviant. posted:

apparantly there was a snype page at one time

'''Snype''' is a Canadian metal band from Red Deer, Alberta. Formed in 2003 under the name The Refractory Period, they released the EP

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Octaviar Polexa posted:

'''Snype''' is a Canadian metal band from Red Deer, Alberta. Formed in 2003 under the name The Refractory Period, they released the EP

(and the only contributor was '[[Special:Contributions/Snotdawg|Snotd)

Jonny alt account found

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Kirk posted:

so essentially skyos got boiled down to an x and WM replacement

gj spending 10 years on this duder

quote:

There are some notable features that distinguish the SkyOS kernel from others. These include:
    * Kernel-mode VESA support, allowing for graphical display immediately upon power-up
    * Architecture abstraction layer, allowing SkyOS to be easily ported to other architectures
    * Advanced CPU support, including Multi-Core/SMP/HyperThreading and all the major x86 extensions
    * Full DMA, ATAPI, and ATA/SATA support (with SATA drivers for several major chipsets)
    * Support for popular buses (including USB)
how the gently caress are those distinguishing features
from what, the kernel of my ipod?

nanerpuss
Aug 6, 2005

voudrais-tu une banane, mon amie?

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

how the gently caress are those distinguishing features
from what, the kernel of my ipod?

usb support? you dont say

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
the more loving honeypots there are to keep the aspergers fighting over something meaningless instead of making GBS threads up articles with [citation needed] the better

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
re: images, are spergs still debating on removing every single album cover from wikipedia based on the non-free whatever image guidelines?

clamiam
Mar 4, 2008

IF A ROBOT IS BUILT IN THE FORM OF HUMAN BEINGS IT IS HARAAM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Id_Software_file_formats

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Seventh_generation_racing_wheels

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

This reminds me, when did wikipedia stop putting that "due to an issue the correct capitalization is ___" on half of the articles?

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

spongeh posted:

This reminds me, when did wikipedia stop putting that "due to an issue the correct capitalization is ___" on half of the articles?

few years ago when the software finally gained the ability to have a lowercase starting letter

yeah, i don't know why it was like that either

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

niteice posted:

few years ago when the software finally gained the ability to have a lowercase starting letter
nope

it still can't

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Naming_conventions_%28technical_restrictions%29#Restrictions_and_workarounds

they just created a workaround

clamiam
Mar 4, 2008

page titles are case-sensitive, too, and i've run across some pages that differ only in capitalization

of course there was no explanation as to "you might've meant this" for this particular pair of pages :downs:

Phenwah
Feb 3, 2003

Phenwah fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 5, 2023

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:E_brownjr.jpg

lmao at the file history

clamiam
Mar 4, 2008

thats actually kind of a neat portrait for a governor

but yeah, dunno whats going on with the history

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
lol the last revert is by FCYTravis who "is taking a wikibreak and will be back on Wikipedia when the community wises up" (to his diaper fetish)

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
lol. portrait seriously looks nothing like the guy

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
if you click on the main jerry brown article they use yet another photo for his profile which adds a whole new level of :psyduck:

Hammerite posted:

lol. portrait seriously looks nothing like the guy

i'm assuming it was painted when he was governor, so like 30 years ago
leaving aside entirely the fact that it's jerry brown and bound to be weird

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

Octaviar Polexa posted:

Red Deer, Alberta

lol

nail
Jul 15, 2005

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

nail posted:

cat's reaction to a mirror :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Otc_T3u1uY

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
it's probably those dudes that post pictures of their cocks everywhere or retards arguing over a single word in some political talk page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

nail posted:

is that in the dog article or the mirror article