Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Final Fart Buttball posted:

if you weren't serious I'm gonna look dumb.

You look pretty dumb because he's clearly trolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

Action Man posted:

I will be helpful and provide you with the shittiest music you've ever heard.
I present you with The Shaggs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN9UT2zF8c8

:downsrim:

Meh, Dahv is much worse in my opinion. I highly recommend the song "Shirley Temple".

By the way, the Alejandro video is still interesting to me, while I stopped caring for Telephone after about 6 watches. Not bad Gaga.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Oh no my two favorites are Muse and Gaga what does this mean?? :ohdear:

HumanCropcircle
Sep 26, 2005

Action Man posted:

God drat that is terrible.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Berkman posted:

You know who sucks? Lady fuckin Gaga. Absolutely the shittiest music I've ever heard. Terrible lyrics to follow. HEY GUYS BAD ROMANCE ALEJANDRO SEE MY POKER FACE RAH RAH LA LA LA GA GA GA, https://www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com

That website doesn't even mention Lady Gaga.

Action Man posted:

That... is amazing.

Action Man
Jan 31, 2007

It actually hurts... I don't think I've ever made it through the whole song.

An Cat Dubh
Jun 17, 2005
Save the drama for your llama
Someone posted earlier that "Monster" should have been a single for the New Moon soundtrack with a video with Bella and Jacob. I actually think Monster is a perfect song to describe Bella and Edward's relationship, but not in the way a Twilight fan would think. Dude is a monster not because he's literally a monster (vampire) and "bad boy" but oh so sexy, but because he controls and manipulates Bella like an abusive boyfriend.

bru
May 7, 2006

pampering lifes complexity

Action Man posted:

i love the way they don't keep time for more than a hand full of measures at a time throughout the entire length of philosophy of the world.

there's a real naivety on that record that makes it pretty great imo.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

bru posted:

i love the way they don't keep time for more than a hand full of measures at a time throughout the entire length of philosophy of the world.

there's a real naivety on that record that makes it pretty great imo.
And then you learn that they were forced to do it by their father, based on a prediction made by his mother during a palm reading, and everything about it becomes horribly depressing.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Moe_Rahn posted:

And then you learn that they were forced to do it by their father, based on a prediction made by his mother during a palm reading, and everything about it becomes horribly depressing.

He also molested them apparently, and one of them is really suicidal.

bru
May 7, 2006

pampering lifes complexity
THANKS FOR THAT GOONS.

Yeti Yeti Yeti
Mar 27, 2010
Hm, the local radio stations here just started playing "Eh,Eh", calling it Lady Gaga's new song. Weird. It was never released as a single here in Canada, though.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Yeti Yeti Yeti posted:

Hm, the local radio stations here just started playing "Eh,Eh", calling it Lady Gaga's new song. Weird. It was never released as a single here in Canada, though.

That's pretty hilarious, eh?

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

Yeti Yeti Yeti posted:

Yeah I heard this yesterday in Dallas.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

But... but... that's not a new song! :ohdear:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I've been listening to that Disco Heaven fan compilation and I have to say I really enjoy No Floods, despite it being not very Gaga (even Christina-ish.)

Dancingthroughlife
Dec 15, 2009

Will dance for cupcakes
Just came across this article on yahoo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Lady-Gaga-still-welcome-at-Yankees-after-amusing?urn=mlb,249928

quote:

Pop diva Lady Gaga reminded the New York Yankees — no, all of Major League Baseball — that the spirit of rock 'n' roll trumps their stuffed-shirt rules every time.

Due to questionable behavior as reported in the New York Post, Gaga was said to be "banned" from the Yankees clubhouse after infuriating club executive killjoy Hal Steinbrenner on Friday night.

She had become "Persona non Gaga," as George King III triumphantly wrote.

But it's not such a bad romance, after all.

The Bronx Bummers backtracked — uh, clarified — their Gaga position on Sunday, saying their only issue regarding Madame du Poker Face was that she stopped by after a loss (the Mets had blanked the Yanks 4-0).

Clothed up top in a half-buttoned, bra-exposing Yankees jersey, with fishnet stockings and bikini bottom down low, Lady went gaga over the Yankees while deep within their sanctum.

From the Post:

The songstress and two girlfriends sauntered their way into the Bombers' clubhouse — without team approval — and hung out for 30 minutes after the team lost to the Mets.

She met six players — including Alex Rodriguez(notes) and Robinson Cano(notes) — [and] kept slurring her words trying to say how much she loved the Yankees and how thrilled she was to be inside the exclusive area, sources said.

(Cano now says he was the only player to visit with Gaga. Anybody convinced of that? Y! Sports' own Curtis Granderson(notes), can you confirm?)

Apparently upset at first (nobody told HIM she had stopped by), general manager Brian Cashman backed away from talk that Gaga — a Yankees fan from way back, it has been said — was unwelcome at the Stadium.

"She's not banned," Cashman said on Sunday. "Celebrities aren't banned. If Michael Jordan showed up here he would have access (to the clubhouse), but not after a loss.

"That was the wrong time and the wrong place. It's been taken care of. ... Not her fault."

How bad of an influence could Gaga be? She put her hand over her heart for "God Bless America," for crying out loud.

Part of Cashman's thinking, probably? After beating the Metropolitans on Sunday, the Yankees are 2-0 since Gaga stopped by.

Ooh, la la!

Now on the record at Citi Field and Yankee Stadium, there's no question Gaga is making herself a part of the baseball season. No matter what you think of her art, that she likes baseball makes me like Gaga.

I love the picture attached. :)

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

A celebrity coming in drunk after the team just lost is probably going to get on anyone's nerves.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Moe_Rahn posted:

My favorite thing about the songs I've heard (after reading about them for the first time in this thread) is that on some songs they are completely off key sometimes and they are not playing well, but they still end up playing and singing the same things at the same time. It's crazy.

I guess the best example I have heard to really get across what I mean is this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyDwIYXOE7g

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I resent the characterization of baseball and The Yankees in that article :mad:

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Why do journalists try to be funny sometimes ugh

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Your Proud Pal posted:

Why do journalists try to be funny sometimes ugh

It's the only way we can stop praying for the icy grip of death :(

N3RDSTER
Mar 27, 2010
So I just caught up with the thread after starting at page 50.I didn't even bother looking for a topic in here about her 'cos, well you know, goons and pop music. I'm so glad you guys are here for all the Gaga discussion, seeing as I'm still a somewhat closeted Gaga nut. Everyone I know would rip the poo poo out of me for claiming that I tend not to like pop music then loving Gaga, even though they themselves love pop music but dislike her (the weirdos).

With you guys quoting ticket prices of $200+ in here it got me thinking that I wouldn't be able to afford to see her any time soon, but whaddayaknow look at this, standing tickets at Belfast Arena in October. If I could find some people to go with I'd be made.

And on the topic of spending money for Gaga related stuff, I saw this shirt when catching up and need to know how to get it in the UK:

Seymour Buttz posted:

If I had this I'd just say "gently caress the world" and wear it everywhere. The closest I can get is this shirt on the UK store website. It's not quite as awesome as the above one.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Yeah, I also wanted to know where that shirt is from. The guy didn't reply :(

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Haven't seen this posted yet. Apparently hitting the newsstands this Wednesday.

And according to Gagadaily, based on the interview from the magazine, she's going to announce the name of her new album on New Year's Eve by posting a picture of it tattooed on her.

Ma_NiC
Mar 6, 2004
I rarely buy magazines these days, but I think I'll be picking that up. Awesome.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Don't buy Rolling Stone ever, it's such poo poo all the time.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

holy booty

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
I really like Gaga, but when I saw the first picture of her at the Yankees game, and now the one in that article, all I could think was jesus christ put some clothes on.

Atargatis
Mar 23, 2007

run, run
her kiss is a vampire grin

N3RDSTER posted:

The closest I can get is this shirt on the UK store website. It's not quite as awesome as the above one.

You take that back! <:mad:> I have that shirt :)

I just spoke to my mom on the phone. Since my sister and I are such huge Gaga fans, my mom decided to look up Lady Gaga and see what she was all about/listen to her songs. She is now a fan. She even called herself a little monster. :3:

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

sonicice posted:

I really like Gaga, but when I saw the first picture of her at the Yankees game, and now the one in that article, all I could think was jesus christ put some clothes on.

:psyduck:

I... I hope she never takes your advice.

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry

IntoTheNihil posted:

holy booty

holy photoshop

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dimentia posted:

holy photoshop

Huh?

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

And then swing your swift sword, sister
Swing your swift sword now
Swing your swift sword, sister, sister
Swing your swift sword now
Skin may have been evened out with Photoshop, but that rear end is for real.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The photoshop job there is horrific. Her rear end looks like a real doll.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Her entire far cheek looks drawn in crayon. Literally, it looks cartoonised.

That's woeful photoshopping.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

Nam Taf posted:

Her entire far cheek looks drawn in crayon. Literally, it looks cartoonised.

That's woeful photoshopping.

It looks like someone stapled a flesh-colored water balloon to the top of her thigh. Goddamn.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

CaptainJuan posted:

It looks like someone stapled a flesh-colored water balloon to the top of her thigh. Goddamn.

I encourage this discussion if only because it will provide us with a number of awesome comparisons.

"It's like someone hung a bean-bag chair over a clothesline."

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I'm pretty sure that's just what her rear end looks like. There are plenty of pictures and videos of it already, you can compare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Crows Turn Off posted:

I'm pretty sure that's just what her rear end looks like. There are plenty of pictures and videos of it already, you can compare.

Yeah I don't really get these comments at all. Sure the color of her skin is photoshop'd to look even, but the rest is very real.

• Locked thread