Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Ambassador Dinner posted:

There was this Japanese film about this man in Tokyo who lost his job, and he has to pretend he still has it. There was a little boy in it and his name began with a K, he learns to play piano and he plays Claire De Lune at the end. I can't for the life of me remember what its called.

Tokyo Sonata I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i got killed
Dec 7, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

DiscoJ posted:

Tokyo Sonata I believe.

Yeah, that's it. Thanks.

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.

codyclarke posted:

Brain Damage. Great movie.

Thank you so much. Now I can prove to everyone that I'm not insane

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Poison Jam posted:

Thank you so much. Now I can prove to everyone that I'm not insane

Pretty sure that if you show this movie to them, they'll still think you're insane, maybe more so! Enjoy.

codyclarke fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 20, 2010

rimbaud
Jun 20, 2010

I hate myself.

jjack229 posted:

I was just about to suggest this. He is not a detective though, he is a mob enforcer, but the movie does have drugged up naked women in corrals being sold like cattle and some action scenes at the local fair.

A little doubtful, but is it Kommissar X aka Island of Lost Girls?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

A friend of mine is trying to remember a movie that features a person (he thought it was a woman but is not sure) with a bunch of razor blades in their mouth, which may have been used to kill people (but he's not sure about that either).

Anything come to mind?

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A friend of mine is trying to remember a movie that features a person (he thought it was a woman but is not sure) with a bunch of razor blades in their mouth, which may have been used to kill people (but he's not sure about that either).

Anything come to mind?

2001 Maniacs
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264323/

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

No, I don't think that's it. He clarifies: "Nah, I think what happens is they put a bunch of razor blades in a dude's mouth, they they put duct tape over his mouth and beat his face in"

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
I believe that happens in Story of Ricky.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Boom, that's that movie he was thinking of. Thanks.

Brimmy
Jan 13, 2006

"Never gonna give it up, Adrian."

Wilhelm Scream posted:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465203/

Pretty sure this is it.

You. I love you.

Thanks very much.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
Alright this is gonna sound stupid.

I turned the channel onto something I guess was a doc on the founding of PIXAR? All I saw was what looked like a 2-d knight with a sword arm (ala t-1000) who looked like he was a painting/stained glass come to life. He was walking towards a monk and threatening him with with his sword arm. It got me reeeeaaallly curious. Any ideas?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Synnr posted:

I turned the channel onto something I guess was a doc on the founding of PIXAR? All I saw was what looked like a 2-d knight with a sword arm (ala t-1000) who looked like he was a painting/stained glass come to life. He was walking towards a monk and threatening him with with his sword arm. It got me reeeeaaallly curious. Any ideas?

Young Sherlock Holmes, according to this.

Edit: Video here.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

Synnr posted:

It's not exactly what you're after, but there's a stained-glass-coming-to-life scene in Young Sherlock Holmes.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

morestuff posted:

SaintFu posted:

It's not exactly what you're after, but there's a stained-glass-coming-to-life scene in Young Sherlock Holmes.

Jesus you guys go fast. I recall seeing that movie but not that scene. And it was that movie! Thanks guys!

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

morestuff posted:

Yeah, this is correct. One of my favorite movies.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
I was just browsing all the Movie channels recently and I saw 3 ninjas, watched a bit but...it wasn't what I thought it would be.

I remember a movie where there were 3 young kids, almost ninjas? One of the kids could control things with his Game boy. I recall a scene where he had to choose what to throw out of a fish tank at a bad guy, and I think he chose a lobster? In the same scene another kid was doing Chun-li kicks at all the bad guys and he didn't know how he was doing it.

I remember seeing it on TV, a long time ago. Maybe 12 years ago. Late 1990's, more than once too, so it was probably like, a regular showing on TNT or something.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Tipme posted:

I was just browsing all the Movie channels recently and I saw 3 ninjas, watched a bit but...it wasn't what I thought it would be.

I remember a movie where there were 3 young kids, almost ninjas? One of the kids could control things with his Game boy. I recall a scene where he had to choose what to throw out of a fish tank at a bad guy, and I think he chose a lobster? In the same scene another kid was doing Chun-li kicks at all the bad guys and he didn't know how he was doing it.

I remember seeing it on TV, a long time ago. Maybe 12 years ago. Late 1990's, more than once too, so it was probably like, a regular showing on TNT or something.

I believe you are looking for Surf Ninjas. Only one of them is a kid, the other is the guy who played Keno TMNT II: The Secret of the Ooze, and the other is Rob Schneider.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

Parachute posted:

I believe you are looking for Surf Ninjas. Only one of them is a kid, the other is the guy who played Keno TMNT II: The Secret of the Ooze, and the other is Rob Schneider.

There we go, thanks.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
someone linked me to the last few minutes of this on Youtube but I've forgotten the name. It was presented as the most outlandish ending to a film ever

It's an Asian film, probably 70s-80s? maybe later, but filmed on lovely cameras. Seems to have been a standard cop/mobster drama through the film, climax is the two guys facing each other on a patch of wasteground near a city. Possibly in cars. I think at some point a car crashes, or they end up shooting at each other. In any case, it rapidly becomes extremely weird and over the top, and I think it ends with one of them blowing up Japan, or possibly the world.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Fatkraken posted:

someone linked me to the last few minutes of this on Youtube but I've forgotten the name. It was presented as the most outlandish ending to a film ever

It's an Asian film, probably 70s-80s? maybe later, but filmed on lovely cameras. Seems to have been a standard cop/mobster drama through the film, climax is the two guys facing each other on a patch of wasteground near a city. Possibly in cars. I think at some point a car crashes, or they end up shooting at each other. In any case, it rapidly becomes extremely weird and over the top, and I think it ends with one of them blowing up Japan, or possibly the world.

Dead or Alive

brewmeister
Sep 23, 2008
I chose the username "brewmeister". That tells you all you need to know about me.
I am looking for a movie about a homeless family. It came out in the late 80s or 90s and may have been a TV movie. It is about a mother who looses her job and is eventually evicted from her apartment. Her children and her then travel across the U.S. so she can find a job. They live in the car and squat in run down houses in the middle of nowhere. Eventually, she finds work in a small farm town and also meets a guy who allows her and her children to live in an old house on his farm. The family then begins renovating the house with all the money they can raise.

There are a couple of scenes that I remember:

1. One of the young boys washes his white shirt with other clothes and it turned pink. The coach made him play basketball with the girls PE class.

2. For Christmas, the kids recieved tools and materials to repair the house.

3. At the end of the movie, the community buys a new house for the family.

Dreadrush
Dec 29, 2008
I'm looking for a sci-fi movie that I think would have been made in the 80's or early 90's.
The whole movie is inside a small ship that was jettisoned from a larger frigate for some reason at the beginning. There are maybe 5-10 people in the ship, and they somehow find out that one of them is a murderer, and he starts to pick them off one by one.

At the end of the movie, someone shines a light into a "blind" guys eyes and he winces, and thats how they uncover who the murderer is.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Dreadrush posted:

I'm looking for a sci-fi movie that I think would have been made in the 80's or early 90's.
The whole movie is inside a small ship that was jettisoned from a larger frigate for some reason at the beginning. There are maybe 5-10 people in the ship, and they somehow find out that one of them is a murderer, and he starts to pick them off one by one.

At the end of the movie, someone shines a light into a "blind" guys eyes and he winces, and thats how they uncover who the murderer is.

Lifepod: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107415/

which is a remake of Hitchcock's
Lifeboat: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037017/

Dreadrush
Dec 29, 2008

Schweinhund posted:

Lifepod: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107415/

which is a remake of Hitchcock's
Lifeboat: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037017/
Thats it - thanks!

tokillthesunflower
Oct 18, 2009

WHAT DID YOUR FATHER TEACH YOU?

brewmeister posted:

I am looking for a movie about a homeless family. It came out in the late 80s or 90s and may have been a TV movie. It is about a mother who looses her job and is eventually evicted from her apartment. Her children and her then travel across the U.S. so she can find a job. They live in the car and squat in run down houses in the middle of nowhere. Eventually, she finds work in a small farm town and also meets a guy who allows her and her children to live in an old house on his farm. The family then begins renovating the house with all the money they can raise.

There are a couple of scenes that I remember:

1. One of the young boys washes his white shirt with other clothes and it turned pink. The coach made him play basketball with the girls PE class.

2. For Christmas, the kids recieved tools and materials to repair the house.

3. At the end of the movie, the community buys a new house for the family.

Try this one:
A Home of Our Own

brewmeister
Sep 23, 2008
I chose the username "brewmeister". That tells you all you need to know about me.

tokillthesunflower posted:

Try this one:
A Home of Our Own

That's it. Thanks.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
This one's been bugging me for a few years now. I saw this low budget sci-fi movie as a kid, but never got the title. For years I thought it was Laser Blast, and while the premise is pretty similar, it was a completely different film.

The movie centers around a teenager who is abused by his father and bullied by everyone around him. He daydreams himself as the captain of a Star Trek like ship, and one day discovers a laser gun hidden inside the shed on his property, which had been stolen from a military base. He manages to get the combination open on the case, and shoots his dad with the laser. Later he goes on the run with a girl he meets, and finally the film ends with him getting shot in the head by the military as he is trying to escape.

I remember it wasn't the best movie I'd ever seen, but an interesting premise.

Erasmus Darwin
Mar 6, 2001

Duck_King posted:

This one's been bugging me for a few years now. I saw this low budget sci-fi movie as a kid, but never got the title. For years I thought it was Laser Blast, and while the premise is pretty similar, it was a completely different film.

Sounds like Deadly Weapon, the remake of Laserblast.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
Ah, that would explain the similarities then. Can't find any trailers or anything on Youtube. The VHS is cheap on Amazon, maybe I'll have to order it.

Xoobee
Mar 25, 2005

The Amazing Rataroo!
This is a fairly recent movie... Although for me fairly recent means anywhere within a few years. I don't have much info so this is a long shot...but maybe someone will know. :)
It centres on evil plants... I mainly remember the trees blowing around and 'whispering'. And possibly a cornfield. At some point the male lead and wife are separated and one of them is in some sort of old building with the other guy across the field?
Sorry my memory is full of holes. :(

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

Xoobee posted:

This is a fairly recent movie... Although for me fairly recent means anywhere within a few years. I don't have much info so this is a long shot...but maybe someone will know. :)
It centres on evil plants... I mainly remember the trees blowing around and 'whispering'. And possibly a cornfield. At some point the male lead and wife are separated and one of them is in some sort of old building with the other guy across the field?
Sorry my memory is full of holes. :(

The Happening?

Xoobee
Mar 25, 2005

The Amazing Rataroo!

Sizzlechest posted:

The Happening?

Aha! The magicalness of SA. I knew someone would get it. :) Thanx!

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

Xoobee posted:

Aha! The magicalness of SA. I knew someone would get it. :) Thanx!

I hope this doesn't mean you're going to hunt it down and rewatch it. Don't do that to yourself man!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Xoobee posted:

The magicalness of SA.

magic :eng101:

elbow
Jun 7, 2006

When I was little and still living in the Netherlands they used to show these movies on Sunday afternoons that were all very similar in style so could have possibly been part of a series. I saw these around 1990, but the movies could have been a bit older than that. They were all in color.

They were most likely German and/or Czech, and all very fairytale like but as far as I can recall didn't have the mainstream fairytales (snow white etc.), so most likely they were German/Czech folk tales. A lot of them were quite sad and didn't have happy endings.

I remember one movie with a scene where the protagonist was in some cave where all these blind people were walking around, and another one where either two men and a woman or just two men were on a raft on a lake/river, and one of them turned to gold and sank to the bottom of the lake.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
Trying to remember a Japanese or Korean movie that came out between the late 80's and the mid 00's. It was sort of a modern swordplay tale but dealing with triad gangs if I remember correctly. The only really distinct part I remember from it is that during the climax, a woman is decapitated in a meadow by the bad guy, and the head flies off though there is barely any blood. Then the bad guy fights the good guy. Also, this sequence might have been a flashback. I hope this is enough to go on, because I'd really like to see this scene again.

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE USED TO LIVE HERE...
O.k. this movie was on netflix instant a while ago and so help me god any keywords I use aren't helping me find it on the entirety of the internet.

It starts out with a chick and her mom and they go into a coffee shop, this dude sees her and follows her. Later he follows her to a self motivation group or something because she is bulimic. He pretends to have been sexually abused as a child to get closer to her and eventually he bangs her etc. He also spends time with the rest of the people in the support group, like a lesbian, and some art dealer.

Its a comedy by the same guy who is the main character I believe. Please help.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I saw the end of this modern Asian action movie on Cinemax Action (or whatever it's called) a few months ago. There is some sort of hostage exchange where one guy goes on a small boat across a pond and shoots his hostage's ear off.

Then there's a chase that leads to a field with a guy with a sniper rifle hiding in the tall grass, and somebody shoots a gun or some ammo out of the air as it's tossed to somebody else.

Then there's a really long fight scene between these two guys in an old run down building in the woods, and the winner ties the loser to a tree instead of killing him.

Anybody know what this is?

Human Tornada fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

codyclarke posted:

Trying to remember a Japanese or Korean movie that came out between the late 80's and the mid 00's. It was sort of a modern swordplay tale but dealing with triad gangs if I remember correctly. The only really distinct part I remember from it is that during the climax, a woman is decapitated in a meadow by the bad guy, and the head flies off though there is barely any blood. Then the bad guy fights the good guy. Also, this sequence might have been a flashback. I hope this is enough to go on, because I'd really like to see this scene again.

Ran by Akira Kurosawa? It's japanese... made in the 80s. I distinctly remember a woman getting decapitated in a dramatic scene, but for some reason i'm picturing it occurring inside and not in a field. maybe i'm wrong, though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ran_(film)

*edit: ignore everything i said. i didn't see that you said "modern". Ran involves samurai.

Thoreau Like A Girl fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 1, 2010