Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Tsaven Nava posted:

Was he on a Ninja 250 or something? How the hell could a police cruiser keep up with almost any production sportbike?

It's a CBR of some sort. Dude just can't ride for poo poo, from the way the cop caught up when he was approaching the hills, he had to be braking rather than double clutching TTing it like he should have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

abigserve posted:

Check us out guys, we can go up gutters and onto dirt with our streetbikes, can your gixxers do that :smug:

I've seen a gixxer do an awesome slide into a gutter and then jump up onto the dirt. It looked so happy tumbling through the mud.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Zool posted:

I've seen a gixxer do an awesome slide into a gutter and then jump up onto the dirt. It looked so happy tumbling through the mud.

What about the 675 that went for a swim? It just wanted to do a stream crossing.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Yes.

My '82 GS550 has seen sidewalk action because I was pissed about lane closure on a couple of occasions, I can't imagine how much of a nuisance I'd be on a bike designed to create a nuisance.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

check me out, I can do a 10 mile commute that is 99% motorway day in and day out, can your supermoto do that? :smug:
cuz I'm getting sick of doing it on mine (ok so mine is more a supermoto-lite), I could use some wind and weather protection.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The Bandit sees dirt and gravel regularly. If you arent taking your streetbike off-road now and again, you dont know what you're missing out on.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
[not in any way a loving spoiler]my post was sarcastic, I ride a dirt-orientated dr650[/lol i am wit king with my spoiler]

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I can't really hate too much on the hypermotard. It's a street bike with the styling and riding position of a supermoto bike, which really isn't a bad thing. I can hate on it being compared to an ACTUAL supermoto bike though.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I think thats the general consensus, that the hypermotard is great as a standard, but as a supermoto, its laughably huge.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

I think thats the general consensus, that the hypermotard is great as a standard, but as a supermoto, its laughably huge.

I don't know why it has that tiny rear end tank too. Makes no sense.

Chill_Bebop
Jun 20, 2007

Waffle SS
There is a weekly Car and Motorcycle show on the 101 Highway, in downtown Encinitas (a city in San Diego's North County) and I try and go there very week of summer. Here's some highlights from last night. All of the shots are on my flickr= http://www.flickr.com/photos/26270920@N03/

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I love them all so much :swoon:

bung
Dec 14, 2004

IOM TT video with only engine sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGChhWq8frs

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

bung posted:

I swear every TT video I watch looks like it's overcranked. Road racing is insane,

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!

bung posted:

The way the front of the bike wobbles when they're at speed, my god.. :gonk: :ohdear:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

They seem to exist in a different phase of time. Like a second to us is a minute to them. And obviously what appears as huge runoff sand pits flexible crash barriers padded with tires to them seems to me, and please let me know if I'm not the only one, almost exactly like solid brick houses and big, quite immovable trees.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Ola posted:

They seem to exist in a different phase of time. Like a second to us is a minute to them. And obviously what appears as huge runoff sand pits flexible crash barriers padded with tires to them seems to me, and please let me know if I'm not the only one, almost exactly like solid brick houses and big, quite immovable trees.

Don't forget light poles, telephone booths, bollards, signs, fences, stone walls and sheep :)

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

I love this pic but would like it in larger res to use as desktop background (just the rider on the bike). Anyone seen it before? I hope it's part of some press material from Yamaha (rider's wearing Yamaha leathers) but my googling is weak :/

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

ReelBigLizard posted:

I swear every TT video I watch looks like it's overcranked. Road racing is insane,

Undercranked.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

The flyby at 2:52, jesus gently caress. :psyboom:

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005

Ringo R posted:

I love this pic but would like it in larger res to use as desktop background (just the rider on the bike). Anyone seen it before? I hope it's part of some press material from Yamaha (rider's wearing Yamaha leathers) but my googling is weak :/

dump it in http://www.tineye.com/ when its working again

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

bung posted:

When you're watching John McGuiness race is when you realise that there will always be something to aspire to. Holy poo poo.

E: Scratch that, anything IOM TT shows the maximum potential you have on the street.

Budgie fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 20, 2010

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Budgie posted:

When you're watching John McGuiness race is when you realise that there will always be something to aspire to. Holy poo poo.

E: Scratch that, anything IOM TT shows the maximum potential you have on the street.

Dude, I can't even make those corners with an XBOX 360 controller.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Marv Hushman posted:

Dude, I can't even make those corners with an XBOX 360 controller.

I'm sure I could take them on my KLR. :smug:

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Ringo R posted:

It's from the Summer 2010 issue of Superbike magazine from the UK.

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006

Retarded Pimp posted:

The flyby at 2:52, jesus gently caress. :psyboom:

yup, should see scratch marks on the road, about 10ft long where the belly pan's scrape along as the bikes bottom out. Makes a nice loud cracking sound when it happens too :D

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Icon's Death or Glory.

The best thing isn't so much the bike, but the press release for it:

"2100cc's of air-cooled twin stuffed into a Detroit Bros gooseneck frame. The handformed aluminum seat low enough to decapitate quizitive roadside squirrels. Suspended by an Ohlins front and a Ohlins rear, the D/G rides like a straight line American dream. In the vein of our Midwest upbringing, where anything more curved than ruler is best left in the closet. The ability to turn bikes, as we've found through countless hours of research, is highly overrated. Ground clearance and functioning brakes are also non essentials, best left as accouterments on 'fancy' Japanese models. No, in America we like our machinery overpowered and underthought. Performance that can be measured a quarter mile at a time. Anything longer and our miniscule attention spans go into sleep mode. Thankfully bikes like the D/G are within the easy grasp of any blue blooded tax payer. All you need is a fully equipped machine shop, ten grand worth of welding equipment, an Ebay account, and a complete lack of common sense. All traits that the Icon garage team has in spades".

Sums up the chopper scene pretty well.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

Slim Pickens posted:

Icon's Death or Glory.

:words:

:lol: This has to be a joke, it reads like something Jeremy Clarkson would write for it.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

AncientTV posted:

:lol: This has to be a joke, it reads like something Jeremy Clarkson would write for it.

Yea I was wondering too... but nope, that's what it says right on the Icon website. wow.

http://www.rideicon.com/bikes.jsp?bike=9

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I saw it on pipeburn, and I like the first paragraph of his post about it.

One of the first thing that caught my eye was the plastic toy mirror, so I asked Icon's design director Kurt Walter whether it was there to be ironic, he replied "I built a 2100cc powered rigid death machine virtually incapable of turning or stopping yet equipped with Ohlins forks on billet Attack triples. Garnishing it with a mirror stolen from my daughter's Barbie bike just seemed appropriate. So yeah, I suppose the mirror is - ironic, sarcastic, humorous, ridiculous, stupid... all of the above".

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Slim Pickens posted:

ironic, sarcastic, humorous, ridiculous, stupid
Kind of like the bike itself.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Kris Krome (lol) built something that's actually kind of neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28h5RjfrB6M#t=06m13s

The Re-Flex-Tion (lol) is a Triumph based bike with a pretty wicked articulating front end. The entire bike is polished stainless, no chrome what-so-ever. Yeah, it's completely useless, but at least it's something different.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

frozenphil fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 21, 2010

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

frozenphil posted:

Kris Krome (lol) built something that's actually kind of neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28h5RjfrB6M#t=06m13s

The Re-Flex-Tion (lol) is a Triumph based bike with a pretty wicked articulating front end. The entire bike is polished stainless, no chrome what-so-ever. Yeah, it's completely useless, but at least it's something different.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

75* of rake! While it's not quite enough rake to just go out all the way to Sturgis, it'll getcha within a couple hundred miles... ;)

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Slim Pickens posted:

Icon's Death or Glory.

"2100cc's of air-cooled twin stuffed into a Detroit Bros gooseneck frame. The handformed aluminum seat low enough to decapitate quizitive roadside squirrels. Suspended by an Ohlins front and a Ohlins rear, the D/G rides like a straight line American dream. In the vein of our Midwest upbringing, where anything more curved than ruler is best left in the closet. The ability to turn bikes, as we've found through countless hours of research, is highly overrated. Ground clearance and functioning brakes are also non essentials, best left as accouterments on 'fancy' Japanese models. No, in America we like our machinery overpowered and underthought. Performance that can be measured a quarter mile at a time. Anything longer and our miniscule attention spans go into sleep mode. Thankfully bikes like the D/G are within the easy grasp of any blue blooded tax payer. All you need is a fully equipped machine shop, ten grand worth of welding equipment, an Ebay account, and a complete lack of common sense. All traits that the Icon garage team has in spades".

I'm kinda wondering about the ergonomics of it. If you're sitting on the seat, arms wrapped around the engine and fuel tank to be on the bars, with your feet in front of you stretched to the pegs - how do you turn?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aargh posted:

I'm kinda wondering about the ergonomics of it. If you're sitting on the seat, arms wrapped around the engine and fuel tank to be on the bars, with your feet in front of you stretched to the pegs - how do you turn?

There's no turns at the strip. :smug:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Ringo R posted:

Here's the top 2 results by size. Shame the largest one is cropped all retarded. :(

1280x800
799x450

Terminal
Feb 17, 2003
The Void
He's "into the wild" alright...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzg0rcMvypM

Lunchb0x
Nov 13, 2005
Jesus hates you

Terminal posted:

Music selection is top notch.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That bike's alright I guess, but check out my custom virago, bro.

Anyways, I think it was Zool that wanted to see a vintage supermoto. Just ran across this today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Terminal posted:

That thing is awesome.
Shame about the seat placement, though. I got about 35 seconds into the video before the laughing started. (of course it's trying to get away from him!)

Slim Pickens posted:

Headshake, redefined.

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 22, 2010