Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I like how the Walking Dad is Omni-Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Titular characters finally make their reappearance after a 3 issue drought. Also I've decided I don't like the way Moore draws rick without a beard.

Mr. Glum
Jul 28, 2008

Drunkboxer posted:

Titular characters finally make their reappearance after a 3 issue drought. Also I've decided I don't like the way Moore draws rick without a beard.

You mean Charlie Adlard, right?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mr. Glum posted:

You mean Charlie Adlard, right?

poo poo. Yes, you're right. Sorry.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I liked the new issue. But for being on the dumb squad that one guy did seem to notice a lot of things

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Drunkboxer posted:

The title refers to the living survivors, not the zombies.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Davincie posted:

I liked the new issue. But for being on the dumb squad that one guy did seem to notice a lot of things
The issue seemed to indicate that Douglas thinks with his cock, so we really can't take his judgment as being golden. With that said, I think things are going to go bad for Douglas before they go bad for the gang. Rick can already tell that his leadership is sub-par. His wife doesn't care for him. And his working class just got a strong and charismatic leader. I think a situation is going to arise where he asks the community to choose between him and Rick and the community is going to go with Rick.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Matt Cruea posted:

I like how the Walking Dad is Omni-Man.

I like how Nate apes Tony Moore for the first half and Charlie Adlard for the second. Dude's versatile.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Abraham is the best character in the series now, I think.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Niddhogg posted:

The title refers to the living survivors, not the zombies.

Guuuhhhhh wahhhhhhhh???? :aaaaa:

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Drunkboxer posted:

Guuuhhhhh wahhhhhhhh???? :aaaaa:

It comes from an earlier issue, maybe in the 20s or so.

There is a case to be made for it, but following that to its end means that all the survivors will die to the zombies, which I feel removes drama. So I prefer to think of the title referring to the zombies.

Or you knew that and were mocking the other poster.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Unless the characters become immortal, or what makes people zombies is cured, then every character will eventually die and become a zombie.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Antifreeze Head posted:

It comes from an earlier issue, maybe in the 20s or so.

There is a case to be made for it, but following that to its end means that all the survivors will die to the zombies, which I feel removes drama. So I prefer to think of the title referring to the zombies.

Or you knew that and were mocking the other poster.

It's more that life in the wasteland zombie apocalypse has killed their humanity and compassion, which this arc is really making a point of illustrating with the very casual way Rick and Co are plotting to take over the town.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER
I really liked how Abe was portrayed. The guy went from scared to rear end kicking to hard working. I'm kind of upset that Abe went from running a Krink to some sort of AR/Krink hybrid. I think we have another issue or two (maybe three if Glenn gets an issue dedicated to a supply run) before we see what direction we're headed.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Oh, by the way, for anyone who didn't read the letters, Kirkman admitted that it's entirely retarded that the characters haven't been able to figure out the exact date and time from devices like electric clocks/watches and presumably computers.

EDIT: Actually, going on from this, wouldn't there still be at least some computers with still working internet connections?

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 24, 2010

TypohoidTimmy
Sep 25, 2003

Scarecrow411 posted:

I really liked how Abe was portrayed.

Yea, Abe has really grown on me. He is a survivor and doesn't take poo poo. The last issue really gave him legs as he showed exactly why he survives.

God help anyone if Rosita gets offed though.

EDIT: Here's a kick in the rear end, according to the Walking Dead Google Map, the current 'walled neighborhood' that the bunch are sitting in contains one house that my wife grew up in. Weird.

The Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...b765918,,,0,-31

TypohoidTimmy fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jun 24, 2010

SagatPunisherFanFic
Apr 16, 2009

Timeless Appeal posted:

Oh, by the way, for anyone who didn't read the letters, Kirkman admitted that it's entirely retarded that the characters haven't been able to figure out the exact date and time from devices like electric clocks/watches and presumably computers.

EDIT: Actually, going on from this, wouldn't there still be at least some computers with still working internet connections?

Explain your reasoning, show all working.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Timeless Appeal posted:

Why's that even matter though? Are they late for a meeting?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Why's that even matter though? Are they late for a meeting?
It's just a point that Kirkman has brought up a couple of times that the gang finds sad.

SagatPunisherFanFic posted:

Explain your reasoning, show all working.
It was an actual question.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That always struck me as silly.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Timeless Appeal posted:

Power plants would stop working, weather would knock out parts of the power/telecommunications grids and some servers have likely crashed even if supplied with power. I guess they could sit around typing in various IP adresses hoping to get lucky, but I can't see why anyone would bother when it would be much simpler to just go to the library.

HAM and short wave radio could make an appearance I guess, would be nice to know what is happening in the rest of the world.

SagatPunisherFanFic
Apr 16, 2009

Timeless Appeal posted:

It was an actual question.

OK then the answer is no. Very little is going to last that long without human interaction. Lots of human interaction. All those humans are dead.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER
how long are you going to troubleshoot a computer when the dead hunger for your flesh?

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010
God, I wish Adlard/the inker would hold off on the black, it seems like every time there has to be shadow it encompasses half of who-ever's face. And I wish he would Google 'how to draw muzzle flash' instead of drawing a white starfish and going 'Yea that's about right.'

That said, goddamn I love this series and Abe kicks rear end.

QWERTTY
May 26, 2009

Maui Wowie
I just bought volume one and two and after reading a little into volume one this is a very great zombie comic. This is exactly what I have been looking for!

jebrown84
Aug 27, 2005

Help me Johnny Boy you're my only hope.

QWERTTY posted:

I just bought volume one and two and after reading a little into volume one this is a very great zombie comic. This is exactly what I have been looking for!

It gets better.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

jebrown84 posted:

It gets better.

Then it gets worse.

Then it gets better again.

QWERTTY
May 26, 2009

Maui Wowie
Sweet! Just bought the 3rd one, cliffhangers man

JibbaJabbaJimmy
May 21, 2001
I also find them not being able to find out the date a little stupid. What about digital watches? Their batteries should last more than what, 14 months? /nitpicking

JibbaJabbaJimmy fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 6, 2010

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Just read Issue 74, and it looks the plot if finally going to pick up.

They are foreshadowing some weird creepy poo poo with the town leader, and the preacher is looking to try and kick them out. I have a feeling that there is going to be a mutiny on Douglas, as you can see the townspeople are starting to believe in Rick's gang (at least with Abraham). This is also the first time I find myself really worried for Glen.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER
Glenn's going to be fine. I know this issue was standard length, but it felt short to me. Probably because there were so many different threads going on that none of them got more then three pages.

I guess the big question is, does Douglas feel threatened by Ricks group? I'm not sure that he does.

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head
These things cannot come out fast enough. I blew through the first 73 in a few days, and just read the way too short 74. ENTITLEMENT!

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010
From the TV series thread, a cast picture and a few pages of #75: http://io9.com/5587483/first-full-cast-picture-from-amcs-the-walking-dead

Looks like Douglas isn't convinced, so Preacher might go and take matters into his own hands. Also looks like the zombies are changing, seeing the pattern in the runners routes. Furthermore, child abuse plot coming right up.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I was actually expecting Gabriel to think that God's plan was for him to murder the whole town like he essentially did with his old parish. It somehow makes him less of a cock than what he pulled in the last issue.

Nimrod's Son
Aug 12, 2003
Wasted Warrior
Prediction: I figure Gabriel will probably throw some kind of stunt at mass accusing everyone in the group of killing cannibals or whatever. Which will cause the townspeople to be a little wary of the group or if everyone starts confessing to whatever the hell happened with that Davidson guy and whatever else they did to survive. If it's the latter, I anticipate the priest trying to burn down the town or make holes in the fence or something.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
This arc is so my favorite now! I almost donīt dare turn the pages, the tension is just building and i love it!

Trivial Fursuit
Dec 18, 2009
My god, the backdrop-thing may have been the funniest thing I've read all week.

Nimrod's Son
Aug 12, 2003
Wasted Warrior
This new issue was loving weird.

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010

Nimrod's Son posted:

This new issue was loving weird.

Do you mean the actual plot of the issue or did you do what my girlfriend did and mistake the backup joke story for the ending? I let her read it first and towards the end she kept saying "What the gently caress?! What is going on?" and it was really hilarious when I read it and realized what happened. Otherwise the only thing I can think of that would be considered "loving weird" is Michonne not backing Rick up or Rick's extreme reaction to Pete possibly/probably beating his family, even though his whole monologue about killing one's family makes it pretty obvious he's acting crazy because he's got issues about Lori and his baby daughter dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TypohoidTimmy
Sep 25, 2003
Check out what they set up for Comic Con for the AMC show

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/38655/san-diego-comic-con-2010-coolest-display-ever-amcs-the-walking-dead-booth

• Locked thread