Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Got Deus Ex on Steam's 75% off sale, and I've heard it's a very...unconventional FPS (inasmuch as you can basically complete the game with almost any build imaginable, if Yahtzee is anything to go by). Any tips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Artix74 posted:

Got Deus Ex on Steam's 75% off sale, and I've heard it's a very...unconventional FPS (inasmuch as you can basically complete the game with almost any build imaginable, if Yahtzee is anything to go by). Any tips?

Its not really unconventional at all if you want to play it as an FPS. If you want to play as a gun-game, just level up pistols and assault rifles. Take the biomod healing, and max it out. Carry a GEP gun for enemy robots, and you'll cruise through the whole game and wonder why everyone else creams their pants (I just think its OK).

Keep in mind you earn XP by completing missions, doing small things, and getting into difficult to enter areas. When you start the game, you can edit what skills you start with, a lot of people recommend dropping the training in pistols to get hacking or lockpicking. I'd go hacking since you can hack ATM terminals for money as thats pretty much the only way to earn it.

Unless you cheat or max out lockpicking or hacking really early on, you will never have enough lockpicks or multitools to open every door. Save and reload if what you open up is worthless, as many many doors are.

Its perfectly possible to sneak around, clubbing everybody on the heads and stealthy moving on. Hacking can let you turn off alarms and control enemy turrets. Be warned there are still bossfights, although a few can be bypassed with either foreknowledge or meticulously reading everybodies email.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 23, 2010

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Any pointers for Nights into Dreams (PS2 Version)?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Sindai posted:

I just started playing Uncharted 2 and I'm really, really bad at it. I got to the jungle part and suddenly I'm fighting like 3-5 guys with AKs and grenades at once who can hit me easily the moment I peak out from behind cover from a hundred feet away. It feels really ridiculous for "normal" difficulty and I'm actually stuck on the part where you sneak into their main building then have to escape because the moment I leave cover I get shot to pieces, and if I stay in cover to try and heal they rush me or grenade me.

Enemies in Uncharted 2 show no quarter. They'll aggressively march on your position and rain a hail of bullets without relent (you'll scream when you faced the full armored, shotgun guys who're immune to melee gently caress THESE MOTHERFUCKERS). The stealth aspect is actually pretty good and enemies aren't telepathic so if you use cover you can effectively sneak up behind each of them for a one-hit kill. In that scene you mentioned I just killed the closest assholes to me as Sully seems to aim for the ones closest to him (and thus furthest away from you). The snipers can hit you from almost anywhere so they should be your priority target when you see them. When there are multiple dudes advancing on you just blind toss a grenade (which seems fairly accurate given the circumstances) in one direction while concentrating fire in the other. Early game enemies will dive for cover but again towards the end you'll start facing walking death machines who slowly march up to you with a shotgun and don't flinch at all from any weapon.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Panic Restaurant posted:

Bit of an oldie, but what should I know before starting up the original King's Quest?

It's possible to get stuck in an unwinnable situation, though not as easily as some of the later games. Most importantly, if you're robbed by the dwarf, just reload. Also, you don't need to guess the gnome's name right to win—though doing so gets you more points. Which is good, because if you're playing the original release of the game, it's basically impossible without looking it up.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 23, 2010

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Panic Restaurant posted:

Bit of an oldie, but what should I know before starting up the original King's Quest?
I quote:
"Save early. Save often. Save in different slots".

If you lose an item without using it to solve a puzzle, reload.

Remember that this is all based on fairy tales - quite a few puzzles can be figured out that way.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Artix74 posted:

If you go in run and gunning at the start, you will die. You need to be relatively sneaky to get past the first part of the game. After you get used to the mechanics it gets a lot better.

It's really hard to go wrong with skills, so go hog wild. Even swimming is useful now and then (but it really should be one of the last things you put points in)

Speaking of skills, pull all the points out of pistols at the start. There's a bug where your pistols skill is always bumped up to Trained once you start the game, so you should always take out those point s and either use them in something else or save them for after you start the game.

Explore everywhere, there's a TON of stuff in this game. There's so much stuff that 10 years later people are still finding stuff they missed.

SAVE. The game isn't very good about auto-saves, so you should be quicksaving or manually saving often.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
Anything for Resonance of Fate?

I've just completed chapter 1 and I've got sort of a handle on things but I don't know if I should keep swapping weapons around for maximum leveling, how many machine guns my party should have and so on.

Primitive Screwhead
Dec 11, 2007
Yes sir, listening. No sir, no touching.

al-azad posted:

Uncharted 2

Don't underestimate firing from cover without aiming. It hits often enough. Also, some running and gunning and finishing with a punch is also very useful.

CardTech
Nov 11, 2009

Baseball bro'ing at a super-high level
So my buddy keeps insisting that I play Legends of Dragoon, as he is always raving about how that is one of his favorite games of all time. Anything I should know before giving it a try? I've never played it and I know absolutely nothing about it.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

CardTech posted:

So my buddy keeps insisting that I play Legends of Dragoon, as he is always raving about how that is one of his favorite games of all time. Anything I should know before giving it a try? I've never played it and I know absolutely nothing about it.

The battle system is a very love it or hate it kinda thing, so don't feel bad if you end up not liking it. Other than that, it's a pretty standard jRPG, so if you've played jRPGs before, don't expect anything mindblowing.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

CardTech posted:

Save. loving. Everywhere.

I've restarted that game a dozen times, because I'm terrible about not saving. Seriously, every little thing you do, save. Save twice, even.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
edit: derp. Searched the thread, found my answers.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 24, 2010

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
How much does the PC version of Assassin's Creed 1 differ from the console versions? I've been wanting to play it just for completion sake, but I don't think it'll run on what I've got. Is it a huge step down to get the console version instead?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Camel Pimp posted:

How much does the PC version of Assassin's Creed 1 differ from the console versions? I've been wanting to play it just for completion sake, but I don't think it'll run on what I've got. Is it a huge step down to get the console version instead?

Not particularly, given that the transition to PC didn't exactly alleviate what most people found irksome about the game. Keep in mind, the core mechanics even for when it came out were dated, and you will do the same things over and over and over again.

Counterattack, once learned, breaks the game completely and utterly. The wrist daggers do the rest.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Camel Pimp posted:

The PC version adds a couple more mission types, so it's not the same 3 to do over and over. Other than that it's pretty much the same.

osigas
Mar 4, 2006

Then maybe you shouldn't be living here
Just got Fable 2 GOTY from a mate and enjoying some hack and slash action, if not the clunky feeling movement. Any tips?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

osigas posted:

Just got Fable 2 GOTY from a mate and enjoying some hack and slash action, if not the clunky feeling movement. Any tips?

Its Fable, the difficulty curve is a joke and there is no possible way you won't be able to beat the game.

The only valuable miss-able is a donation drive subquest. When you get to the city that has the Arena for the first time, hunt out the crazy inventor guy you met earlier. He will want money to improve the city. If you give it to him, when you return after a long time away it will be vastly improved.

As for your final decision at the end of the game for your reward, since you have GOTY, don't sweat any loss you may personally incur by making a choice. The extra content nullifies it.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Someone mentioned King's Quest earlier, but what about King's Quest VI: Heir Today Gone Tomorrow?

My girlfriend and I have gotten a decent amount through the game for the first time, and I feel like we've missed some stuff. Are there any unmissable items or events early on? Are there multiple ways to beat the game, and if so, what do I need to ensure the best completion?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

KeroKeroCola posted:

My girlfriend and I have gotten a decent amount through the game for the first time, and I feel like we've missed some stuff. Are there any unmissable items or events early on? Are there multiple ways to beat the game, and if so, what do I need to ensure the best completion?
There are basically two ways to beat the game. One involves going to hell, the other crossdressing.

To access the "good" ending you need to get the spell book and use the spells within to survive the Druid isle, then visit the Cliffs of Logic once more

There's a small bit of messing around you can do with the ring, the pearl, the nightingale and stuff you send to Cassima, but it doesn't really affect that much.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
Anything tips for Devil May Cry 3? I've played Bayonetta before, for what it's worth.

It's also the Special Edition, if that changes anything.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

Eggn0g posted:

Anything tips for Devil May Cry 3? I've played Bayonetta before, for what it's worth.

It's also the Special Edition, if that changes anything.

Yes it does. The difficulty setting have been readjusted from the original American release; what was Normal in the original release is Hard in the Special Edition. Also, for the love of god, chose Gold when you select a new game. That gives you unlimited continues; choosing Yellow means that you have to spend items for continues.

Have you played a Devil May Cry at all, by the way? Just in case you haven't, let me say that compared to Bayonetta the action is much slower and you have less variety, but on the other hand the game feels a little more forgiving (as in enemies will actually drop health once in a while). What might be hard to get used to is that fact that you don't have a dedicated dodge button. In order to roll you have to press lock-on and X. You'll probably have to use jumping as dodging at lot, more than you ever would in Bayonetta.

Also, getting a full blue orb (which works exactly like the Witch Hearts in Bayonetta) will completely refill your health. Exploit that.

Finally, make sure to play around with the Styles! Trickster and Swordmaster are the easiest to use for beginners, but Royal Guard is powerful in skilled hands and Gunslinger has some good situational usefulness (albeit not much in the beginning of the game).

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Just cruised through Prototype in a week (thanks for the advice thread) and thinking of starting Dark Messiah of Might and Magic Elements next.

I think beforehand all someone said was to make sure you kick enemies into traps whenever you can. Any other advice?

Also a friend and I are starting Sacred 2 next, any advice there especially for builds?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

CardTech posted:

Your Additions get stronger with use, and you unlock a character's strongest Addition when all the other ones are maxed out (IIRC), so don't shy away from battle.

Dart, Rose, and Lavitz is the proest party.

Dragoon magic should only be used against bosses that are weak against that Dragoon's element. Otherwise it's just a waste of a turn. The Dark Dragoon's Demon's Gate is an exception because it can insta-kill all your enemies.

If you wait until all your party members are at their maximum Dragoon Level before transforming, a special option will appear that makes your party all transform at once, changes the field to the element of whoever's turn it was, and makes it so that person can do complete Dragoon Additions without button inputs. This is a great tool to use in boss fights, so build your levels if you suspect you're about to enter one.

Some characters are just plain useless in normal combat. The Light and Water Dragoons are both useless, sans the Light Dragoon's ability to heal in Dragoon form. The Water Dragoon actually has an addition that hits for 800% damage at maximum level, but she's so weak that it's a joke.

However, you shouldn't completely neglect those characters. In the final dungeon, each character has their own personal boss fight.

The point of no return is right after a boss fight against a character that's posessed by a creature on his back. It's possible to completely miss an optional dungeon, several bossfights, and easy grinding if you don't turn around.

There's a boss that the game tells you several times not to fight as a Dragoon. DON'T try to be a smartass and transform. You will lose very quickly.

You don't get the Earth Dragoon's dragon soul in the normal storyline until close to the very end. However, there is a way to get it much earlier. I just don't remember how exactly. :v:

Right before the final boss, you get a new power. You can turn around and leave the room with the boss staring right at you, and go screw around with it against normal enemies.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

I finally beat FFXIII so I wanted another RPG to slog through . . . I stumbled across Tales of the Abyss at a Gamestop and picked it up since, from what I saw, a lot of fans rate it as one of the best Tales games. I haven't played a Tales game before, is there anything I should know? Is the game worth gritting my teeth through the low-rent graphics and animations (well except for the face animations, those own)?

ps why are tales games so loving expensive used :psyduck:

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

osigas posted:

If you have it on Xbox and have a second controller and REALLY want to ruin any difficulty, you can have a second player hop in with no profile. This new character will be a clone of your skills. You can unlearn everything that character has learned, and leave all of the xp in the general pool. You can then have that character leave the game, and all of that xp will transfer to your character. It takes maybe a minute to do each time, and you double your experience every time you do it. Make sure you spend it before you load the character again, so you get more experience. This will end up with your character being gigantic due to all the strength bonuses, as well as glowing due to the magic.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

HondaCivet posted:

I finally beat FFXIII so I wanted another RPG to slog through . . . I stumbled across Tales of the Abyss at a Gamestop and picked it up since, from what I saw, a lot of fans rate it as one of the best Tales games. I haven't played a Tales game before, is there anything I should know? Is the game worth gritting my teeth through the low-rent graphics and animations (well except for the face animations, those own)?

ps why are tales games so loving expensive used :psyduck:

Wing it through your first playthrough, use a guide for your second.

When you reach the desert, you can abuse respawning search points to get obscenely powerful weapons for Luke, Guy, and Jade. Gamefaqs has a good guide that explains how the trading system works.

21stCentury
Jan 4, 2009

by angerbot
I beat Super Mario Galaxy and ordered Super Mario Galaxy 2.

I know there are 242 stars in both those games, but i heard that 120 of those are basically just redoing the original 120 stars with Luigi. Is this true? Is the endgame really just "replay the game with slightly different jump mechanics"?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

21stCentury posted:

I beat Super Mario Galaxy and ordered Super Mario Galaxy 2.

I know there are 242 stars in both those games, but i heard that 120 of those are basically just redoing the original 120 stars with Luigi. Is this true? Is the endgame really just "replay the game with slightly different jump mechanics"?

This is true in 1 but not in 2.

21stCentury
Jan 4, 2009

by angerbot

elf help book posted:

This is true in 1 but not in 2.

Oh. :smith: I was hoping at least a bit of mixing with the trickster comets when playing as Luigi. Like, maybe have a Daredevil run instead of a cosmic race here or a speedrun instead of a faster enemies.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Sindai posted:

I just started playing Uncharted 2 and I'm really, really bad at it. I got to the jungle part and suddenly I'm fighting like 3-5 guys with AKs and grenades at once who can hit me easily the moment I peak out from behind cover from a hundred feet away. It feels really ridiculous for "normal" difficulty and I'm actually stuck on the part where you sneak into their main building then have to escape because the moment I leave cover I get shot to pieces, and if I stay in cover to try and heal they rush me or grenade me.

Grenades are your friend. You should start the scene next to a bunch of them, but not unlimited. If I remember correctly, you should be able to aim a grenade without losing cover, abuse this with impunity. Sometimes, it also pays to be aggressive with your cover. If you are sitting in the building the entire time, you will lose. There should be stack of boxes as cover to the right when you start off, just outside of the building. When I played on Veteran, I cleared most of enemy approach to the right, then used that box as cover when I was inevitable flanked on the left.

In general, I found it much more advantageous to pick up a grenade launcher or desert eagle or whatever an uncommon, powerful gun is. They can be thought of x easy kills (where x is the ammo found in it) or more, and guns like AKs can be found relatively easily. Shotguns were very useful very select situations, otherwise I didn't bother unless I recognized where they'd be helpful.

Play the game on a goddamn HDTV, 1080p/i/yogabbagabbawhatever.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

You don't get the Earth Dragoon's dragon soul in the normal storyline until close to the very end. However, there is a way to get it much earlier. I just don't remember how exactly. :v:

Once you get your earth elemental character head back to Lohan, the man who sells you a water pot will sell you a shiny stone for 5000 gold/gil/whatever money was in that game.

sexual rickshaw
Jul 17, 2001

I AM A SOCIALIST COMMUNIST MARXIST FASCIST FREEDOM-HATING NAZI LIBERAL CZAR!
I bought A Farewell to Dragons on Steam, anything I should know?

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Cliff posted:

I just picked up Civilization III: Gold Edition on the cheap. Any advice? I checked the wiki, but there's only stuff for Civ4 and Revolutions.

A couple of days late, but here's some Civ stuff anyway. I assume you're new to the series?

CivIII is kind of the black sheep of the Civ games (excluding spinoffs). It introduced a bunch of new interesting game mechanics, but most of them were badly balanced, or outright broken.

There's still fun to be had, though, but it depends on what kind of a player you are. If you just want to have fun building a communist aztec empire and nuke the crap out of everyone, CivIII will do just fine. If you like to read strategy articles and figure out optimal playing strategies, I wouldn't bother with CivIII. Optimal play is pretty much simplistic exploitation of the broken to hell game mechanics. Civ4 on the other hand, is an exquisitely balanced game, and better in most other areas as well.

It's hard to give hints about the Civ games without going all :words:, as they are fairly complex beasts by their nature. But here's the best advice I've heard given to new players, who often feel overwhelmed by the amount of options they have building their empire:

Civ is a game about Food, Production and Coins. Yes, those icons on the city screen where you choose which tiles to work on. You'll need to get more of those than your opponents, faster than them. If you don't know what to do next, figure out a way to get more Food, Production and Coins, the fastest way you can. It doesn't even really matter which ones you are getting, there are ways to turn one into another. Obviously there's more to the game, but everything hangs on grabbing and exploiting land. When you have a significant lead in Food, Production and Coins, you can ram any strategy you choose down your opponent's throat.

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

Thanks for your response.

I'm fairly new to the series. I played the original Civilization but couldn't figure out why I always ended up using more gold per turn than I was producing. I also played Civ Revolution a lot and enjoyed it, but wanted something a little more in-depth and challenging.

Specifically about CivIII, I'm not sure how to use my workers. I thought it would tend to be worth more to irrigate the areas around my cities rather than mine them, but leaving my workers on auto tends to result in no irrigation. Should they not be auto-working?

Secondly, how can I produce more science? It seems my research is always going slowly, especially compared to research rates in CivRev. We're talking 12 turns minimum for any research I've attempted through about 4 hours of play so far.

Also, tangentially related to gold production, what buildings are necessary in cities? I imagine that I really only need one city with a barracks and should specialize gold/science cities with banks/libraries, but what else? Aquaducts for population growth, but I don't want to build too much and lose tons of money.

So far, it seems that defense/fortified units are absurdly overpowered, to the point of me not even wanting to build an offensive army past the initial exploration stage. Is this true, or am I doing it wrong?

I think my problems hinge on not building enough cities. Early game, before researching construction and being able to expand my cities beyond 6 population, I wait until a city reaches its growth limit and then start pumping out workers/settlers. It seems like a good strategy to maximize food/trade/production, but I notice that the computer keeps their cities with low population (and almost no gold either), so what's up with that?

Feel free to be wordy, but if "strategy" is something a bit beyond this iteration of the series, that's fine. I really got it because I want to get into a proper Civ game before CivV comes out and it was :10bux: with CivCity included.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Cliff posted:

Specifically about CivIII, I'm not sure how to use my workers. I thought it would tend to be worth more to irrigate the areas around my cities rather than mine them, but leaving my workers on auto tends to result in no irrigation. Should they not be auto-working?

Your goal should be to only ever work improved tiles. Sometimes you might have more pressing issues, like building some actual defensive units, but expanding and improving land is key. Building another worker rarely a bad call in any situation. Automated workers are useful for covering the map with railroads when you invent them, but that's about it.

Here's a civfanatics article on early expansion: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=86630
You might want to search that forum, all the gory details of this game are on display there.

Cliff posted:

Secondly, how can I produce more science? It seems my research is always going slowly, especially compared to research rates in CivRev. We're talking 12 turns minimum for any research I've attempted through about 4 hours of play so far.
You know about the science slider, right? Don't be afraid to set it to 100%, as long as you have some gold left. Are you trading tech with the other civs? The deals they give often seem like ripoffs, but think of it this way: If you trade a 1000 research point tech for a 600 point one, you just got a 60% bonus on all the research you invested in the tech. No library is going to give you that. Also, when you trade a tech away, trade it to everyone you can, otherwise the opponents will reap the rewards themselves.

(Actually, the above is kind of a lie when it comes to CivIII; I believe the most efficient way of getting tech is to never research anything past Writing, and trading/scamming tech off the other civs, thanks to the stupidity of the tech trading AI)

Cliff posted:

Also, tangentially related to gold production, what buildings are necessary in cities? I imagine that I really only need one city with a barracks and should specialize gold/science cities with banks/libraries, but what else? Aquaducts for population growth, but I don't want to build too much and lose tons of money.
Yes, you've got the idea. In borderline cases, it's better to err on the side of not adding a building that's going to drain your gold for the rest of the game. You can always build another worker, or wealth.

Cliff posted:

So far, it seems that defense/fortified units are absurdly overpowered, to the point of me not even wanting to build an offensive army past the initial exploration stage. Is this true, or am I doing it wrong?
Later in the game, you'll want to build Armies. And bring overwhelming force. Artillery, naval bombardment, nukes. Once you'll get your economy going, things will start to look different. You are right in that war between equal civs is rarely profitable. Perhaps a surgical strike to get a key resource, but that's about it.

Cliff posted:

I think my problems hinge on not building enough cities. Early game, before researching construction and being able to expand my cities beyond 6 population, I wait until a city reaches its growth limit and then start pumping out workers/settlers. It seems like a good strategy to maximize food/trade/production, but I notice that the computer keeps their cities with low population (and almost no gold either), so what's up with that?
Yes, your problem is probably expansion. See the article above. Also, depending on the difficulty level, the AI civs will get huge production bonuses. It's the only way to keep them competitive.

Cliff posted:

Feel free to be wordy, but if "strategy" is something a bit beyond this iteration of the series, that's fine. I really got it because I want to get into a proper Civ game before CivV comes out and it was :10bux: with CivCity included.
There's strategy, but Civ4 has strategy. I'm not even that excited about CivV, because I just can't see how they could improve on 4 and Beyond the Sword (hex grid :bubblewoop:). I'll buy it and play it, of course, but I have a feeling I'll return to Civ4 sooner or later.

Fray Joker
Nov 3, 2007

You can fool too many of the people too much of the time.
On a real JRPG binge atm. Any tips for Final Fantasy XIII or Nier?

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Fray Joker posted:

Final Fantasy XIII

-Up until you see the Crystarium tutorial, you don't gain any experience, so avoid combat if you want.
-Ravagers make the stagger bar go up, commandos make it last longer. To stagger an enemy, hit it a few times with a commando or a saboteur and then go RAV/RAV/RAV until they stagger.
-Buffs and debuffs are drat near required. Don't ignore them because they sucked in some of the previous games.
-Potions are good in a pinch. They don't delay your turn either.
-Upgrading your weapons isn't necessary until the post game.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Spermando posted:

-Upgrading your weapons isn't necessary until the post game.

I am dumb, what does this mean? Is "post game" after you complete the game?

*edit* asking cause I also wouldn't mind some FFXIII tips since I'm gonna take it up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Yeah, I meant after you beat the final boss.