Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Tatsujin posted:

if you landlord is absentee and you know you're neighbors pretty well then gently caress your landlord and get one anyway.

http://www.animallaw.info/articles/ovuspetsandhousinglaws.htm

just tell 'em it's for your assburgers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

ctz posted:

cats rule everything around me

get the catnip, laser laser dots ya'll

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

ctz posted:

cats rule everything around me

seriouspost i have a friend whose cats had kittens and she named them all after members of the wu tang clan and i convinced her to call them the mew tang clan

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
wait til you see my miaolin style

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Trig Discipline posted:

the mew tang clan

need an :xd:/:3: hybrid

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:

flyboi posted:

lol did you pull this on yours

also I asked my landlord when I moved in "yo im getting a cat after were settled in, your contract says a pet is allowed with $x extra deposit, can we just pay you once we get one?"

"huh yeah sure"

Cue a month later after we visit a rescue and pick out a cat. Rescue lady (who is a borderline crazy cat lady anyway) calls us up and says the landlord acted like a dick to her and said cats are terrible pets and will ruin all housing (you know cheap lovely college housing!). Cue numerous calls/e-mails where my landlord acts like a gigantic baby, but at least we finally get to keep the cat.

Oh yeah the following summer he sent out a passive aggressive e-mail to everyone to pick up their dog crap (all of our neighbors have dogs) or the mean mean lawn care service will charge him more :qq: :qq: :qq:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

flyboi posted:

lol

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Trig Discipline posted:

seriouspost i have a friend whose cats had kittens and she named them all after members of the wu tang clan and i convinced her to call them the mew tang clan

:3:

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Root Kitty

multigl
Nov 22, 2005

"Who's cool and has two thumbs? This guy!"

ShadowHawk posted:

Root Kitty

sudo pet catte

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

so while i was in london apparently tuna clawed a hole in the window screen and ran outside

she's been missing ever since, and she was pretty old, so there's not much hope for her :(

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Casao posted:

so while i was in london apparently tuna clawed a hole in the window screen and ran outside

she's been missing ever since, and she was pretty old, so there's not much hope for her :(

How long ago? They can just decide to shove for for quite some time. My mom's old diabetic cat just disappeared for an entire week. She went crazy trying to find it. Since there was no way it was getting its insulin, she was assuming the worst. He just turned up one night like nothing had happened.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Trig Discipline posted:

How long ago? They can just decide to shove for for quite some time. My mom's old diabetic cat just disappeared for an entire week. She went crazy trying to find it. Since there was no way it was getting its insulin, she was assuming the worst. He just turned up one night like nothing had happened.

It was on the 13th, from what I've been told, so about a week and a half. When I got back, I spent the first couple days listening out the window.

No one's seen her, and there are some raccoons and a bunch of outdoor cats around (she's never been allowed outside) that she got into hissing matches with through the window all the time.

TBH I'm pretty sure she was senile, she eventually refused to leave the kitchen and actually would just piss on the floor in the corner until we moved a litter box nearby for her.

She was a rescue cat who came from a pretty abused house from what I remember, so she was never very stable to begin with. She pitched a fit for months when I brought CB home, and barely warmed up to him.

:(

I'll keep an eye out, but it might've just been her time...

unleash the unicorn
Dec 23, 2004

If this boat were sinking, I'd give my life to save you. Only because I like you, for reasons and standards of my own. But I couldn't and wouldn't live for you.

Tatsujin posted:

Oh yeah the following summer he sent out a passive aggressive e-mail to everyone to pick up their dog crap (all of our neighbors have dogs) or the mean mean lawn care service will charge him more :qq: :qq: :qq:

I don't feel bad for your landlord, but I do feel bad for the dude who drives his lawnmower over a pile of dog crap and gets splattered with poo poo

nail
Jul 15, 2005

casao i hope tuna shows up. she might not and it may be for the best.
she reminds me of tapioca, my parents' cat. well ours, i named her, but i havent lived there in a long time. she would throw up all the time and she would chew out bunches of her fur. shed chew to the point of scabbing in some spots. wouldnt use the litter box, preferring the crawl space. they kept taking her to the vet but he could never find any physically wrong with her. he prescribed special food but she would still puke it up. she had some big lumps on her back and she was pretty much a bag of bones. she would come around people, but never sit on your lap or show affection.

before four years old she was nice. her brother was also really nice and affectionate and i had him trained to stand up on his hind legs. when they were four he died from a stupid god drat heart murmur and she was never the same

they kept her until she was about fifteen. they boarded up the crawl space, moved the litter box, got her all kinds of special food and treatments and poo poo. after so many years they just couldn't take it any more and had her put to sleep.

nail
Jul 15, 2005

on a happier note

Shaggar posted:

cats friggin love to roll in dirt

nail fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 24, 2010

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
OHHH YEAH GETTIN ALL THIS DIRT AND STICKS UP IN MY FURS

THE BEST

z0rge Costanza
Jul 30, 2006

My posting...it's shit Jerry! Shit!

nail posted:

casao i hope tuna shows up. she might not and it may be for the best.
she reminds me of tapioca, my parents' cat. well ours, i named her, but i havent lived there in a long time. she would throw up all the time and she would chew out bunches of her fur. shed chew to the point of scabbing in some spots. wouldnt use the litter box, preferring the crawl space. they kept taking her to the vet but he could never find any physically wrong with her. he prescribed special food but she would still puke it up. she had some big lumps on her back and she was pretty much a bag of bones. she would come around people, but never sit on your lap or show affection.

before four years old she was nice. her brother was also really nice and affectionate and i had him trained to stand up on his hind legs. when they were four he died from a stupid god drat heart murmur and she was never the same

they kept her until she was about fifteen. they boarded up the crawl space, moved the litter box, got her all kinds of special food and treatments and poo poo. after so many years they just couldn't take it any more and had her put to sleep.

jesus fukken christ :(

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Jonny 290 posted:

OHHH YEAH GETTIN ALL THIS DIRT AND STICKS UP IN MY FURS

THE BEST

Axel Rhodes Scholar
May 12, 2001

Courage Reactor

if you don't have maru in your rss reader you are an idiot imho

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

nail posted:

on a happier note

aww yiss all dis dirt up on me

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kirk posted:

aww yiss mufuckin' bugs

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

dazjw posted:

if you don't have maru in your rss reader you are an idiot imho

maru is my homepage on all my devices including my wii :smug:

edit:

aaawww yeeeeah

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 24, 2010

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
to the catcave!

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Trig Discipline posted:

to the catcave!

d'awww :3:

z0rge Costanza
Jul 30, 2006

My posting...it's shit Jerry! Shit!

Trig Discipline posted:

to the catcave!

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

johndis
Jun 23, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Trig Discipline posted:

to the catcave!

holy poo poo :3::3::3:

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
is it weird that i want to lock a cat and a bird in a room together to see what happens (the outcome is obvious i just wanna watcH)

johndis
Jun 23, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Kirk posted:

is it weird that i want to lock a cat and a bird in a room together to see what happens (the outcome is obvious i just wanna watcH)

my dad once had a pet parrot when he lived in the bronx, so he covered all his mirrors and windows one day and let it loose, then it flew straight up to the ceiling , repeatedly bashed its head, fell to the floor and died. true story

also my dad always hated cats but then we got a calico and he loved it because it would hang out with him when he was taking a poo poo

happy now kirk???

johndis fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 24, 2010

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
post not about cats, mods can we ban this chucklefuck

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

johndis posted:

also my dad always hated cats but then we got a calico and he loved it because it would hang out with him when he was taking a poo poo

Captive audience.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

johndis posted:

does it also watch you when you post?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

iamthejeff posted:

does it also watch you when you post?

:xd:

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Kirk posted:

I used to put my hamster on my cats heads/backs so she could ride them around. The cats would like slink along the ground, scared to death, until the hamster fell off.. then the cats would run away from the hamster :3:

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
the best game

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kirk posted:

i will emptyquote this forever

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
what is best in life

to pet kitties, to scratch them behind the ear, and to hear the yowling of their butts being paddled