Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

InternetRulesLawyer posted:

I have a law firm and brokerage in Connecticut. I have an extensive background in bankruptcy law and mortgage work. I even posted an "ask me about bankruptcies" thread forever ago. I've been following SAFE Act legislation for quite awhile because it may impact bankruptcy reaffirmation agreements and because of the originator/broker requirements it imposes on employees. Really, anybody who works in the real estate field in New England and follows the news knows about this now.

Frankly, I think it's funny that somebody stole a bunch of money from MMO goons and it made them so mad that they're chasing shadows on the internet years later. Do goons do this to people who stole from other guilds in MMO games? What the gently caress does Remedial-esque even mean? Hahahaha

Can you get 2 or 3 autographed photos of Donald Lader Esq? A couple of us in epsilon are huge fans of his. They can be normal stock-type photos or perhaps something taken especially for the occasion, like Donald Lader at a civil war reenactment or Donald Lader in scuba gear. We will of course make a donation to the Dargon Legal Defense Fund.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH
Hey Remedial come post in the 'lon, thanks :)

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
So what's it like being a libertarian who stole several grand in other people's donated video game money because your parents kicked you out of the house and you couldn't afford law school tuition/going on to scam people out of money they should be using to stay in their house to do the same thing they could do with a phone call?

(the part where he's a libertarian is the best part)

InternetRulesLawyer
Feb 13, 2009
You got me guys - I'm Remedial and I am currently posting in the Lawyer & Law School Megathread on SA and rubbing myself with your MMO game money. Also I'm Ferretball's parachute account and Somegirl. Here let me post something about Ayn Rand

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

You got me guys - I'm Remedial and I am currently posting in the Lawyer & Law School Megathread on SA and rubbing myself with your MMO game money. Also I'm Ferretball's parachute account and Somegirl. Here let me post something about Ayn Rand

At least two of those things are so old that you're 100% *someone's* parachute account

InternetRulesLawyer
Feb 13, 2009

Adar posted:

At least two of those things are so old that you're 100% *someone's* parachute account

Oh man you better start googling my name so you can find me and take pictures of my house because that's what we do in the lawyer megathread

Chakron
Mar 11, 2009

Oh man you better start googling my name so you can find me and take pictures of my house because that's what we do in the lawyer megathread

Hey, it's pretty understandable that you feel the same way about Remedial on many issues, and I'm not ready to jump into any kind of conclusion. I was just hoping you provide more information to us so we can figure out the truth. You seemed to be defending him pretty vehemently, so it kind of set me off.

Chakron fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 24, 2010

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
hey remedial I seen yo dick

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

I don't see where people are getting that Remedial is scamming people in real life. There's links all over the NH bar website about this case. The New Hampshire bar apparently backs Dargon and other real estate attorneys from oversight from the Banking Department and apparently a Superior Court judge agrees. The NH Banking Commissioner is being removed by the governor and executive council for incompetence. The law looks really, really poorly worded and poorly thought out, too. Even the ABA thinks the law is dumb and overbroad.

There's even a chronology of what happened that makes it sound like everybody was surprised by what the Banking Department did:

tl;dr a guy steals video game money and that makes him a real life criminal mastermind who apparently got 10 other lawyers to go along with him???

Wait, you're the lovely originalist Clarence Thomas fanboy with completely incoherent and/or evil beliefs.

All makes sense now.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

fortunately for my :effort: rear end, all the pictures have already been taken (and I mean all of them)

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
The lawgoons thread just took a most interesting turn...

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

hey remedial I seen yo dick

are you a close personal friend of Mr Dargon or do you just handle the faxes in his office?

InternetRulesLawyer
Feb 13, 2009

Chakron posted:

Hey, it's pretty understandable that you feel the same way about Remedial on many issues, and I'm not ready to jump into any kind of conclusion. I was just hoping you provide more information to us so we can figure out the truth. You seemed to be defending him pretty vehemently, so it kind of set me off.

I posted stuff from the NH Bar's website. I don't know anything about Remedial or his opinions or whatever other than he pissed off a lot of people because he stole their real money or internet money or something. Now they're flocking to this thread because he apparently went into hiding or something and they think he's resurfaced on SA in a lawyers thread.

I lurk SA and rarely post. I'm going to go back to that because it's more fun watching people do dumb things than to participate. Word.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

I posted stuff from the NH Bar's website. I don't know anything about Remedial or his opinions or whatever other than he pissed off a lot of people because he stole their real money or internet money or something. Now they're flocking to this thread because he apparently went into hiding or something and they think he's resurfaced on SA in a lawyers thread.

I lurk SA and rarely post. I'm going to go back to that because it's more fun watching people do dumb things than to participate. Word.

:allears:

InternetRulesLawyer
Feb 13, 2009

Petey posted:

Wait, you're the lovely originalist Clarence Thomas fanboy with completely incoherent and/or evil beliefs.

All makes sense now.

Wait, you're the guy that Mookie told to shut up because you're not a lawyer but you like to pretend to know what you're talking about all the time. You also were the biggest Obama fanboy in the entire universe for months and months and were hilariously disappointed when he turned out to be just another empty suit. You should probably stay out of lawyer threads because you are really not very good at legal analysis or thinking in general, just sayin'

Chakron
Mar 11, 2009

Wait, you're the guy that Mookie told to shut up because you're not a lawyer but you like to pretend to know what you're talking about all the time. You also were the biggest Obama fanboy in the entire universe for months and months and were hilariously disappointed when he turned out to be just another empty suit. You should probably stay out of lawyer threads because you are really not very good at legal analysis or thinking in general, just sayin'

DATE: Wednesday 23rd of June 2010 06:41:44 PM

IP: [hidden]

WHOIS - [hidden] Location: United States [City: Concord, New Hampshire]

THE TRUTH WILL SET US FREE

Solomon Grundy
Feb 10, 2007

Born on a Monday
Put me in for one Don Rader autographed picture. He is my Beard Hero.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Solomon Grundy posted:

HooKars
Feb 22, 2006
Comeon!

I have a law firm and brokerage in Connecticut. I have an extensive background in bankruptcy law and mortgage work. I even posted an "ask me about bankruptcies" thread forever ago.

Are you still looking to expand and hire more people?

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

HooKars posted:

Are you still looking to expand and hire more people?

Depends, what is your policy on photocopying the penis of your superior?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Frankly, I think it's funny that somebody stole a bunch of money from MMO goons and it made them so mad that they're chasing shadows on the internet years later. Do goons do this to people who stole from other guilds in MMO games? What the gently caress does Remedial-esque even mean? Hahahaha

That was ha-ha evil.

What you're doing now is genuinely helping to destroy lives.

DaiTengu
Feb 26, 2007

Not until I've had my second pot of coffee.
Nap Ghost

Who needs pictures of your house when we have pictures of your dick?

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
You are a libertarian whose day job is to scam foreclosed families out of $2,500 each. Your firm's business model is based on volume to such an extent that you can't stop, so right now, you are taking on the state bar because your best bet is to dig your heels in and keep riding the foreclosure scam train as long as you can, hoping that you don't get disbarred for your blatant repeated violation of state law before you can pay off the seed money required to keep the phone banks operating.

You are literally the saddest lawyer in this thread, which includes people unable to find a job at Starbucks.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
oh, and most people here have seen your penis

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

evilweasel posted:

That was ha-ha evil.

What you're doing now is genuinely helping to destroy lives.

Would you expect anything else this scintillating intellect.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord
I am Daniel Dargon! :ms:

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

Roger_Mudd posted:

I am Daniel Dargon! :ms:

no, I'M Daniel Dargon.

HiddenReplaced
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah...
it's wanking time.
I think I may have made a post a couple months ago saying that I had made it through two years of law school in a long term relationship.

Looks like it won't be three.

So glad I only looked for jobs in the market where she said she wanted to live.

Die alone.

Mookie
Mar 22, 2005

I have to return some videotapes.

Petey posted:

All makes sense now.

I thought that was me.

Aw damnit.

Protip: don't steal people's money, in EVE or in loan modification scams. It makes Baby Jesus cry.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

HiddenReplaced posted:

I think I may have made a post a couple months ago saying that I had made it through two years of law school in a long term relationship.

Die alone.

:smith:

sorry man, that's awful

Revolver
Feb 23, 2004

HiddenReplaced posted:

Die alone.

That's a bummer. Hope things turn around for you.

yadayadayada
Dec 5, 2004

Dodgers Baseball America #1 Embarrassment Prospect

Petey posted:

:smith:

sorry man, that's awful

you dont understand man theres this one hot half asian girl who wants him and he actually does have a paying 2L summer job in BIGFEDGOV, so basically he's disproving every tenet of "dont go no jobs die alone"

in conclusion, everybody goto law school!!!

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

HiddenReplaced posted:

Die alone.

At least you're not scamming the poor out of their last $2,500?

:(

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Adar posted:

So what's it like being a libertarian who stole several grand in other people's donated video game money because your parents kicked you out of the house and you couldn't afford law school tuition/going on to scam people out of money they should be using to stay in their house to do the same thing they could do with a phone call?

(the part where he's a libertarian is the best part)

don't forget that people donated real cash to pay for his rent too. :lol:

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Solomon Grundy posted:

isn't that BTK?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am a originalist Thomas fanboy too

maybe I, too, am remedial :iiam:

also I've seen somegirl's tits and one of my first posts was making fun of ferretball for his retarded "superdog thinks you're gay" macro that he used to post as a riposte all the loving time

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm also singlehandedly responsible for the no homegrown rule

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mookie posted:

Protip: don't steal people's money, in EVE or in loan modification scams. It makes Baby Jesus cry.

stealing money in eve is legit, though the circumstances were hilariously pathetic (pay my rent!)

swindling broke people losing their houses out of $2,500 though, that's just awful

IrritationX
May 5, 2004

Bitch, what you don't know about me I can just about squeeze in the Grand fucking Canyon.

I take it you never heard of Fiestadog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

I'm also singlehandedly responsible for the no homegrown rule

Man I didn't realize my former business partner was the dregs of humanity.