Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn

Ez posted:

Has there ever been any pictures of Tara Don't Call Me Tarah Goddammnit, Chris, Engineer Michelle, Producer Anne, Jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr producer Lauren or anyone else on the crew besides Brian and Anderson? I don't think I've ever seen any of them other than those two.

This thread has pictures of most of them:
http://mahalo.30.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=7662&hl=pictures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice

cricket eater joe posted:

:words:

I like it, you got some balls. Although I agree with the majority of what you said in the Carollaesque rant, it would have probably been better as something left unsaid. Then again gently caress it, you'll never see them again.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

I may have been listening to too much loveline lately. I went camping with some buddies last weekend and..
Are you the guy who called up and said "Hey Adam, you changed my life. I used to be a missionary working with poor people in central America but then I listened to you and now I don't do that anymore"

It was funny when everyone in the studio realized that Adam changed this guy's life, but not for the better.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

It was funny, but missionaries are terrible people so I'll put a point in Adam's column.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Whitey Ford posted:

Are you the guy who called up and said "Hey Adam, you changed my life. I used to be a missionary working with poor people in central America but then I listened to you and now I don't do that anymore"

It was funny when everyone in the studio realized that Adam changed this guy's life, but not for the better.

When is this one, I need to listen to it.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
That was the adam carolla podcast, I think it was the one with william macdonald

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 25, 2010

ContraceptiveCereal
Mar 27, 2010
Just listened to 2004-09-21 last night. There's an amazing clip I haven't heard before involving engineer Chris. They ask him what a spinning dreidal is. He gets to confused with the Tasmanian devil from loony tunes and accidentally calls Jews devils. Dr. Drew is speechless. 1:29:00 into the show.

Also recommend 2004-09-23 at the 1:15:00 minute mark. Caller gets very confused with the Germany or Florida game.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

"Please, once you're married . . . don't get pregnant." When she turned around to ask why I could only respond "because you're too stupid for babies."

The second night we ended up back at their campsite and I ended up sitting down with another girl who just absolutely hated me for some reason.
:goonsay:

Nothing you said was wrong, but I think it's hilarious you don't know why they didn't like you.

CatfishClyde
Jul 22, 2001
Orange Rhyming Dictionary
You know how Adam is always talking about how he's a likeable enough guy that he can pretty much get away with saying anything? I don't think cricket eater joe has got that.

He's "the creepy guy in the office."

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

CatifshClyde posted:

You know how Adam is always talking about how he's a likeable enough guy that he can pretty much get away with saying anything? I don't think cricket eater joe has got that.

To be fair, if we didn't know Adam from loveline, we'd be saying the same stuff about him. That is a pretty big if, given the thread, though.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

CatifshClyde posted:

It helped Adam and Drew that the callers were actually calling them for advice (although sometimes it didn't sound like it). I'm not sure if cricket eater joe's camping neighbors were actually asking for any criticism or direction.

Kingsbury
Mar 28, 2010

by angerbot
I fixed your post.

I may have been listening to too much loveline lately. I went camping with some buddies last weekend and there was a bachelorette party camping a short ways down from us.

The first night we went to the bachelorette campsite and drank for awhile and I somehow ended up in an argument with the bachelorette about religion. She was a hardcore creationist and was infuriated that I believed in dinosaurs and evolution, but I decided I wasn't going to start arguing with an idiot and instead tried to have a good time.

The second night we ended up back at their campsite and I ended up sitting down with another girl who just absolutely hated me because I am a confrontational :smug: rear end in a top hat. Despite being an rear end in a top hat, I had some genuine concern for the well being of her child and it went something like this.

me: you have a kid right? (complete guess)
her: Yes.
me: daughter?
me: and the father is out the picture, and was a complete rear end in a top hat too right?
me: and your dad, pretty much an rear end in a top hat too right? Alot like the rear end in a top hat ex?
me: That's really a shame. If you really want what is best for your child you should think about getting some therapy and avoiding abusive men, even if they are the kind of people you are attracted to. If not, your child is probably going to grow up and make some of the same mistakes you have.

At that point my friends grabbed me and we decided to stop hanging out with hosed up single mothers and religious fanatics.

Kingsbury fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 25, 2010

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Ez posted:

Has there ever been any pictures of Tara Don't Call Me Tarah Goddammnit, Chris, Engineer Michelle, Producer Anne, Jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr jr producer Lauren or anyone else on the crew besides Brian and Anderson? I don't think I've ever seen any of them other than those two.

Here, have a video - the BEST video of Ann.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvsvTUJVZzI

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

whatsabattle posted:

Here, have a video - the BEST video of Ann.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvsvTUJVZzI

I love that after it's all over Ann just turns to Drew and asks, "How did that happen?"

BradleyJamers
Jun 5, 2005
Ask me about my fitness log: PYF Not Workouts
Watching a commercial right now starring Adam, The Klondike Everyman Challenge #1: Packing. Some little blurb channel on my Direct TV that shows some random interactive commercials. At least he's getting some work out there.

The Banned
Jun 11, 2005
"My witness is the empty sky."
I was drunk/stoned as hell the other night over at a friend's place, and I saw that commercial on the TV, and got way way way too excited over seeing Carolla on a television. Then I realized it was a Klondike commercial and I settled down a little. Then the next morning, I thought I had just dreamed the whole thing. But thank you for the confirmation.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
This commercial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PUs7s4NP6Y

\/ -- Beat you to it fucker.

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 26, 2010

phuzzylodgik
Oct 20, 2005

Fuck this filter shit.

BradleyJamers posted:

Watching a commercial right now starring Adam, The Klondike Everyman Challenge #1: Packing. Some little blurb channel on my Direct TV that shows some random interactive commercials. At least he's getting some work out there.

Long version

Short version

mt1
Mar 5, 2007

phuzzylodgik posted:

Long version

Short version

your thumbs in my rear end!

BradleyJamers
Jun 5, 2005
Ask me about my fitness log: PYF Not Workouts

mt1 posted:

your thumbs in my rear end!

What do you need a shoe tree for? What are you, a centipede?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The grim reaper, he's nippin' at yer heels! That got me. Can't believe they put that in a commercial.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Adam was right, the barefoot picture is stupid looking.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

Brekelefuw posted:

the old guy

BradleyJamers posted:

Everyman Challenge

UltraRed posted:

The grim reaper

pretty much an rear end in a top hat

Sweet name for T's V.

KING OF BLOGOSPHERE
Aug 26, 2008

The Dr. Drew high school pictures are just as bad as Adam made them out to be

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

Wow this photo basically sums up my Southern California child hood. Goldfinger and Loveline.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

LFoD
Jul 26, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump
So when are we going to start a loveline call in thread in E/N?

Steve is 18, never had sex, penis curves to the left. Wants to know if this is normal.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

LFoD posted:

So when are we going to start a loveline call in thread in E/N?

Steve is 18, never had sex, penis curves to the left. Wants to know if this is normal.

Is there any alcoholism in your family? Where's your father?

LFoD
Jul 26, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

The Senate posted:

No, nobody drinks. My dad? Hes in the other room.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

KING OF BLOGOSPHERE posted:

Oh my god.

If only I'd had a printout of this when Drew came to my college. It'd be signed and framed.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

The Senate posted:

My dad's in Israel.

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn
http://www.adamdrew.com/carts.jpg

I still never understood how Mike was so fast with the drops. Presumably he'd have to take the cassettes out and play them somewhere, right?

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Liface posted:

I still never understood how Mike was so fast with the drops. Presumably he'd have to take the cassettes out and play them somewhere, right?

The carts here are different from the old common cassette tapes in a couple of ways...

They were inserted horizontally, pretty much just like you'd see here. There's no turning or flipping, in-out, like an Atari 2600 or top-loading NES.
If you kept the cart audio always on, you could easily put a cart in and press play in under a second, especially if you've literally done this 1000 times or more.
The tapes were Mobius strips so there was never a need to rewind or queue.

As long as no one came in and rearranged things on him, I could see how this could be done.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Liface posted:

Because he is a genius.

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn

Zahgaegun posted:

The carts here are different from the old common cassette tapes in a couple of ways...

They were inserted horizontally, pretty much just like you'd see here. There's no turning or flipping, in-out, like an Atari 2600 or top-loading NES.
If you kept the cart audio always on, you could easily put a cart in and press play in under a second, especially if you've literally done this 1000 times or more.
The tapes were Mobius strips so there was never a need to rewind or queue.

As long as no one came in and rearranged things on him, I could see how this could be done.

That's good info, thanks. Are you an engineer?

I wonder if they're still using the same system or if Anderson had his drops computerized towards the end of the Carolla days.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
I believe Anderson's drops used a three digit code system that you could just punch in on a number pad and it pulled up the drop.

Norville Rogers
Oct 17, 2004
Like, zoinks!

EnsGDT posted:

I believe Anderson's drops used a three digit code system that you could just punch in on a number pad and it pulled up the drop.

There was a show where I think Bruce was guest doctoring and he started yelling out random numbers for anderson. If I recall it was like A-G and then 1-20 or something.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

That's a pretty cool shirt.

Binton
Jun 23, 2004
I am here, eating pie, with a fork.

The Dr. Drew high school pictures are just as bad as Adam made them out to be

Friendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice

Norville Rogers posted:

There was a show where I think Bruce was guest doctoring and he started yelling out random numbers for anderson. If I recall it was like A-G and then 1-20 or something.

It's called an Instant Replay system, pretty common for radio, TV, whatever.

(GIS 'instant replay 2' for a larger image to see the keypad)

i am kiss u now fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 27, 2010

• Locked thread