Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Cabledude posted:

Looks like a dummy on the back, ziptied feet. And I don't know anyone who would rest their head like that on the riders shoulder...

I think she's supposed to be eating a hole into his shoulder, perhaps to lay eggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWY67PRLGSA

Kid is so loving stoked.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Z3n posted:

Kid is so loving stoked.

I didn't know I had an italian kid. Awesome!

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows
I think it's strategy. Got him a pretty good start from what I could see.

Also, this is how riding a SuperMoto makes you feel at every stop.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Only in front of a military barracks

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

Christoff posted:

Sweet rear seat exhaust....

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

lancemantis posted:

It's this, this is the worst thing

Noway, Torque is the best movie ever if viewed as a comedy. It's awesome.

Content.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Z3n posted:

Kid is so loving stoked.

I was just OH GOD PUT IT IN GEAR REMEMBER TO PUT IT IN GEAR.

He launched real hard thank goodness.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Christoff posted:

Don't ask, don't tell. :gay:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I finally got the VFR's exhaust sorted out. This thing's loud, but the video doesn't really show that since it seems to have lost some volume with the YouTube upload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMM6e1lcRgM

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

OHMIGAWD I HAVE TO SEE THIS MOVIE

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Was this youtube clip of torque linked? I know it has been before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPWoz7WTmjU

I don't know what's better. Dueling with motorcycle kung fu or the 500 mph chase through the city.

-edit It's all awesome.

I need a jet bike that can blow people away

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 26, 2010

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

Christoff posted:

I need a jet bike that can blow people away

That's an actual production jet-bike he's riding, the Y2K. Top speed of 250mph :O

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

AncientTV posted:

That's an actual production jet-bike he's riding, the Y2K. Top speed of 250mph :O

So, can it knock people over with it's exhaust? ...and break windows and move cars when it goes by?

Is it supposed to be a joke movie or is it just so bad it's good?

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice

Christoff posted:

So, can it knock people over with it's exhaust? ...and break windows and move cars when it goes by?

Unfortunately not.

I think it's supposed to be :rice: of the bike world, so it's probably in the so bad it's good category.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

AncientTV posted:

A guy I did some work for has one of these. He started it up on my sidewalk and killed grass on both sides with the exhaust :hellyeah:

It's hilariously huge, but for its size it's relatively light. The reach to the bars is ridiculous. It's not as loud as you might expect either.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

needknees posted:

A guy I did some work for has one of these. It's not as loud as you might expect either.

That's too bad. I think 9/10ths of the reason of owning a jet-powered anything is to be roaring down the street making all the appropriate jet-engine sounds.

(Also, I wonder what the maintenance intervals are on it? I love to do some cross-country touring on one)

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Tsaven Nava posted:

That's too bad. I think 9/10ths of the reason of owning a jet-powered anything is to be roaring down the street making all the appropriate jet-engine sounds.

(Also, I wonder what the maintenance intervals are on it? I love to do some cross-country touring on one)

I guess that wasn't worded very well. It's still loud as hell, don't get me wrong. It's just not as loud as you'd think a freakin TURBINE POWERED MOTORCYCLE would be :hawaaaafap:

He's got one of the earlier ones that had overheating issues due to too little oil capacity. It's been down to MTT a couple of times for updates. They increased the oil capacity considerably and upped the fuel capacity as well. He had some clutch or transmission issues at some point too, but that's not overly surprising considering what kind of power it has to handle.

Other than reliability, it's hamstrung by the fact you're riding a freakin TURBINE POWERED MOTORCYCLE :hawaaaafap: and burn a shitload of fuel. I want to say he was getting approximately 60 miles out of a full tank. Of course, because it's a turbine the faster you're going the more efficient it is...

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
The obvious solution to the efficiency problems is to ride everywhere at 150mph. Hell, I'd gladly super-slab all of that.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I watched Knight and Day today, pretty much just to spot the Ducprilia

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

Hi CA, my dad started on a 3-day vintage bike ride today throughout northern California, so I went to their meeting place and took some pictures for y'all to enjoy :) Even though I have more than enough projectness to go around with my 2002, this makes me itch to get our '65 Ducati 250 Desmo scrambler running! :v:

About 70 bikes showed up, from I believe '76 and earlier

BSA acting very British by spewing oil all over the ground. That's a British vehicle joke and a BP joke at the same time by the way

MV Augusta 350S Elettronica and Ducati 900SS

Velocette

Love this color, roundcase Ducati 750

Lambretta scooter

CZ

Big huge BMW

Moto Fuzzi!

BSA

Baloney-slicer Moto Guzzi Falcone

Falcone's shifter

Norton engine in a Triumph frame I believe

More Ducs

Cream colored BMW

My dad leaving on his '70 Triumph Bonneville... Wearing a Ducati jacket but he's got a few at home so it's alright :v:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Whenever I see classic bikes I always thing 'wow, I want to grab some old classic to mess around with'. I think I would end up just playing with it and polishing a lot because most of them look terrifying to ride if you've only been on modern bikes.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Contraband posted:

Norton engine in a Triumph frame I believe

If it is, it's backwards - I always thought the Triton combined the Triumph twin with the Norton Featherbed frame.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Phy posted:

If it is, it's backwards - I always thought the Triton combined the Triumph twin with the Norton Featherbed frame.

Yeah, this. A Triton is typically a Triumph engine in a Norton frame.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

A Norton Featherbed frame.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Featherbed_frame

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Contraband posted:

old bikes

Lookit all the fresh oil on the parking lot.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hey, thats because they're vintage EUROPEAN bikes. SOUL PASSION ETC

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Hanukkah came early this year.
I've been going through a lot of negatives for a relative, and I came across a batch of 12 negatives (120/220 format) that consist of the guy below, his hottie Vietnamese girlfriend (we're arguing over whether she's Vietnamese or Thai), the motorcycle, and an Asian male (who looks Vietnamese as well). The majority of the photos focus on the girl, or the girl and her boyfriend, with only a few focused completely on the motorcycle. Unfortunately the lighting was poo poo it would seem (the best photo of the motorcycle itself, it appears to be dark/raining since the guy is dressed for it). Unfortunately there is nothing in the background that says "this is Vietnam" or "this is Thailand" or even "This is the Philippines"(apparently quite a few girls from SE Asia ended up in the Philippines during and after the Vietnam War). As for the guy, he's got a bit of a gut and longish hair and just doesn't fit the military profile, but there were places where people were allowed to really slack off.

It's a complete mystery to everybody directly involved as to who the people are, where they were taken, and when they were taken. We're starting to branch out to other relatives whose film might have gotten mixed in with the batch I'm going through, but first we were trying to get an earliest possible date on them, so we could at least eliminate some suspects.

We were going to start out with a starting date based on when the film was manufactured - unfortunately the film only has "Fuji Safety Neopan SS" on it, and nothing else, and nothing is turning up since there are no actual datable codes on there.

The clothing - could be '60s, could be early '70s, which leaves us with the motorcycle. Anybody recognize the motorcycle? That could give us a starting year at least. (e: I full understand that it's probably been customized heavily).

Click here for the full 1980x1876 image.

Click here for the full 1968x1674 image.

And another image:

Click here for the full 1280x1184 image.

I don't know if it deserves its own thread. These were quick scans so I apologize for the low quality (although the lighting really was poo poo on them).

tonelok fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 29, 2010

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
my neighbor buddy just got a bike and I rode it up and down the street a bit ago. Not my style at all but it was pretty fun just to cruise on

71? CB750

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

tonelok posted:

The clothing - could be '60s, could be early '70s, which leaves us with the motorcycle. Anybody recognize the motorcycle? That could give us a starting year at least. (e: I full understand that it's probably been customized heavily).

Been customized a bit, but shaft driven horizontal V-Twin makes me think moto guzzi.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

aventari posted:

my neighbor buddy just got a bike and I rode it up and down the street a bit ago. Not my style at all but it was pretty fun just to cruise on

71? CB750

With that shirt I'm surprised he isn't already a member here.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

tonelok posted:

Click here for the full 1980x1876 image.

Your mystery man is riding a Marusho Lilac of Japanese origin from the early to mid 60s. I'll leave it to you to match it up with year/model if you care to, but the small displacement transverse v-twin + shaft are an exact match.

http://www.marusholilac.com/ml4.htm

http://www.vintagemotorcyclesonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=93:the-lilac-v-twins&catid=52:stories&Itemid=77

They were exported everywhere I believe, including the US, so that doesn't help narrow the location. However, I think you should consider the possibility that these were taken in Japan. I doubt anyone could gain that hair and weight on a one-week R&R, but maybe there were other circumstances.

Marv Hushman fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jun 29, 2010

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice
He's also dressed like an awkward gunslinger.

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Another youthful indiscretion

AncientTV posted:

He's also dressed like an awkward gunslinger.

Clearly a goon ancestor.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Marv Hushman posted:

They were exported everywhere I believe, including the US, so that doesn't help narrow the location. However, I think you should consider the possibility that these were taken in Japan. I doubt anyone could gain that hair and weight on a one-week R&R, but maybe there were other circumstances.
Thanks for the info (and thanks blugu64). That's a great start.

Another pic - the windows are all taped up:

Click here for the full 1264x1176 image.

That could be due to worries over nearby bombings (Vietnam/Thailand), earthquake, upcoming storms, etc., so it wasn't much help.

Unfortunately the photographer didn't believe in taking a nice photo of the surrounding area or anything that could really pinpoint things (or they weren't with this batch), they were interested in the girl and the motorcycle it seems. I'll look through that info and see if I can narrow it down to within a year or two.

In thinking about it though, that motorcycle is clearly modeled on the Easy Rider "Captain America" motorcycle and Easy Rider came out in 1969. This would have been after the Tet Offensive (which if we stretch things could explain the taped up windows, since just about every major city in Vietnam got hit), however chances are an American wouldn't be driving a motorcycle done up with an American flag motif around South Vietnam, because there were plenty of people that would take it out in a heartbeat. That probably rules out Vietnam.

So Japan, Thailand, Philippines would probably be more logical. Maybe not Thailand as much, but you could ride an motorcycle like that around in Japan or the Philippines and not have to worry about it. Throw Korea in the mix as well. The problem is you had plenty of Vietnamese, Thais, Philippinos, and Koreans moving around Asia around that time since jobs supporting American forces were incredibly plentiful thanks to the war.

Plenty of American civilian contractors, and the American dollar went pretty far back then. From the links you sent, that's a pretty customized motorcycle, which I wouldn't think somebody would do unless they were planning on taking it back with them. If you were just going to buy a motorcycle too use on the weekends or to get around while you were stationed or working there, it doesn't seem logical to sink a lot of money into customizing it, unless you thought you could easily get it back to the states.

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

benwards posted:

Clearly a goon ancestor.
He has the gut for it:

Click here for the full 1249x1176 image.

But he's also got a cute girlfriend it would seem, which might rule out the goon ancestor.

Waffle maybe acting flaky.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

pre:
                            ___
                          /~   ~\
                         |_      |
                         |/     __-__
                          \   /~     ~~-_
                           ~~ -~~\       ~\
                            /     |        \
               ,           /     /          \
             //   _ _---~~~    //-_          \
           /  (/~~ )    _____/-__  ~-_       _-\             _________
         /  _-~\\0) ~~~~         ~~-_ \__--~~   `\  ___---~~~        /'
        /_-~                       _-/'          )~/               /'
        (___________/           _-~/'         _-~~/             _-~
     _ ----- _~-_\\\\        _-~ /'      __--~   (_ ______---~~~--_
  _-~         ~-_~\\\\      (   (     -_~          ~-_  |          ~-_
 /~~~~\          \ \~~       ~-_ ~-_    ~\            ~~--__-----_    \
;    / \ ______-----\           ~-__~-~~~~~~--_             ~~--_ \    .
|   | \((*)~~~~~~~~~~|      __--~~             ~-_               ) |   |
|    \  |~|~---------)__--~~                      \_____________/ /    ,
 \    ~-----~    /  /~                             )  \    ~-----~    /
  ~-_         _-~ /_______________________________/    `-_         _-~
     ~ ----- ~                                            ~ ----- ~  

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

Phat_Albert posted:

With that shirt I'm surprised he isn't already a member here.

that's me :shobon:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

eggyolk posted:

pre:
                            ___
                          /~   ~\
                         |_      |
                         |/     __-__
                          \   /~     ~~-_
                           ~~ -~~\       ~\
                            /     |        \
               ,           /     /          \
             //   _ _---~~~    //-_          \
           /  (/~~ )    _____/-__  ~-_       _-\             _________
         /  _-~\\0) ~~~~         ~~-_ \__--~~   `\  ___---~~~        /'
        /_-~                       _-/'          )~/               /'
        (___________/           _-~/'         _-~~/             _-~
     _ ----- _~-_\\\\        _-~ /'      __--~   (_ ______---~~~--_
  _-~         ~-_~\\\\      (   (     -_~          ~-_  |          ~-_
 /~~~~\          \ \~~       ~-_ ~-_    ~\            ~~--__-----_    \
;    / \ ______-----\           ~-__~-~~~~~~--_             ~~--_ \    .
|   | \((*)~~~~~~~~~~|      __--~~             ~-_               ) |   |
|    \  |~|~---------)__--~~                      \_____________/ /    ,
 \    ~-----~    /  /~                             )  \    ~-----~    /
  ~-_         _-~ /_______________________________/    `-_         _-~
     ~ ----- ~                                            ~ ----- ~  

is that a bimota with lowered shocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker