Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets
Will the cargo cover from a 02-07 Impreza wagon fit a 93?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Edit: poo poo, wrong thread.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Holy poo poo Subaru is treating me like poo poo.

Quoted from my NASIOC bitching:

quote:

I even stated to Shirley that "Subaru's vehicle has left me without transportation for a week plus without any assistance in attaining transportation!" and she immediately responded with "No, your car has left you withotu transportation".

Jesus christ. Worst purchase experience I've ever had.

Appropriate thread/page:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1648372&page=174

Amandyke
Nov 27, 2004

A wha?

I'm just flabbergasted by SOA's handling of this situation. This is bad even by Dodge/Chrysler standards.

Really it sounds like they're trying to use your age against you. Wow.

nutnmunch
Sep 19, 2007
get out.

Amandyke posted:

I'm just flabbergasted by SOA's handling of this situation. This is bad even by Dodge/Chrysler standards.

Really it sounds like they're trying to use your age against you. Wow.

Just a follow up from before.

My friend sold pretty much everything he took off his car as he apparently will be only moving up from here, or something like that.

Sorry! :(

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
How large can I go with wheels/tires on a 2003 WRX for autocross without having to roll fenders? This would not be for daily driving.

I'm allowed up to 245 width in STX, but I wonder if putting 17x8" wheels and 245/40/17s will mean having to roll my fenders.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
yeah but it shouldn't take too much to get them to work especially with a good alignment. just get enough offset to stay clear of the struts. +45 to 48 should work.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Hrm, I was hoping not to roll fenders, but I won't be doing it til next season which gives me something like 8 months til the first test and tune next year to figure everything out and get it all done.

syphon
Jan 1, 2001
I've had it for a few months now, but realized I never posted a pic here. 2010 WRX Premium (5-door), I bought it brand new in March. It just had its first oil change.

Amandyke
Nov 27, 2004

A wha?

syphon posted:

I've had it for a few months now, but realized I never posted a pic here. 2010 WRX Premium (5-door), I bought it brand new in March. It just had its first oil change.

Sweet looking car.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

syphon posted:

So awesome.

I think in a couple years I will be trading my 07 Limited wagon for a 2010 limited 5-door.

allonblack
Dec 9, 2004

Yes, you.

syphon posted:

Sweet car! SWP has made me actually want a white car - unfortunately I couldn't find a white STI SE as they're so rare when I bought mine. Any mods yet?

syphon
Jan 1, 2001
Hardly any. In fact, all the mods I've done to it are factory add-ons that I didn't order from the factory! I got the Momo shift knob and SPT Exhaust separately. I did buy those Rallyarmor mud flaps though, which I LOVE (but you can barely see in this picture, as they're kinda in the shadows). Those and the tinted windows (and the sweet Nurburgring decal) are all I've done it it.

I LOVE the sound of the SPT exhaust. I feared it would be too loud (I'm getting a bit conservative in my tastes lately), but it's just loud enough to burble without being annoying.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I got an STI rear sway bar and an SPT front strut tower brace too to help stiffen the car up. I have my eye on these progressive springs to put on it in the near future too. I don't think I'll be modding the engine at all though.

allonblack
Dec 9, 2004

Yes, you.
^^^ Awesome dude, it's a fun car - enjoy it!

I did my first Rallycross today -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gEbcVsBFNs

Click for 1080P goodness (not my youtube account).

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
How did your paint hold up?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Can I do the catless up-pipe without a tune/AP?

allonblack
Dec 9, 2004

Yes, you.

kimbo305 posted:

How did your paint hold up?

Just washed the car, no new scratches. I do have a full front clear bra though so I'm sure that helped.

Lando
Sep 15, 2003

by T. Finn
Traded in my wrx and upgraded to this baby around the 1st of the month!
2010 STI SE in WRB. Looks great with the graphite rims, now have the windows tinted at 30%. My buddy has an aspen white SE too.

Lando fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 28, 2010

allonblack
Dec 9, 2004

Yes, you.

Lando posted:

Traded in my wrx and upgraded to this baby around the 1st of the month!
2010 STI SE in WRB. Looks great with the graphite rims, now have the windows tinted at 30%. My buddy has an aspen white SE too.

Grats STI SE buddy! Do something about the hideous taillights after the tint! Smoked looks great on the WRB.

niggerstink420
Aug 7, 2009

by T. Fine
How on earth do I replace the drivers side rear spark plug on my '01 Outback? The other three weren't exactly easy, but this is such a cast iron bitch to change.

(((k)))
Jun 30, 2003

I'm out of my element here and need some electrical assistance. I replaced the middle horn on my WRX with two supertones . I used the hella relay and the middle horn trigger/power cable. Everything is working fine as is. There is another trigger/power cable on the passenger side with a second OEM horn. What needs to be done to properly power/trigger two OEM horns off of the passenger wire? I am an electrical neophyte and don't want to under or overpower the horns or harm the electrical system. I'd rather not chuck the OEMs If they can be spliced in. 

Lando
Sep 15, 2003

by T. Finn

(((k))) posted:

I'm out of my element here and need some electrical assistance. I replaced the middle horn on my WRX with two supertones . I used the hella relay and the middle horn trigger/power cable. Everything is working fine as is. There is another trigger/power cable on the passenger side with a second OEM horn. What needs to be done to properly power/trigger two OEM horns off of the passenger wire? I am an electrical neophyte and don't want to under or overpower the horns or harm the electrical system. I'd rather not chuck the OEMs If they can be spliced in. 

Pfft, on my old wrx i simply wired the hella's to the oem wires. Worked like a charm for well over 18 months before i traded it in.

Lando
Sep 15, 2003

by T. Finn

allonblack posted:

Grats STI SE buddy! Do something about the hideous taillights after the tint! Smoked looks great on the WRB.

Yeah I know. I'm thinking of getting that see through krylon paint and painting them red. It looks really good and ive seen someones car done already in person.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
I couldn't figure out which of the two image threads this belongs in so I'll just stick it here.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I've only met one guy with one of those overpriced piece of poo poo esx cars that wasn't a huge douche. There's this one guy who goes to all the meets and talks about how fast his car is and how cool ali afshar is. too bad it's just a stage 2 car with lovely paint and lovely wheels.

Sabotaged
Jul 6, 2004

syphon posted:

That's one hot rear end, red tail lights look WAY better than the clears. Is that a change for 2010? Also I need to get me one of those nurburgring stickers.

syphon
Jan 1, 2001
No, they're just overlays you can buy to color the tail-lights. It's kind of ironic that the Altezza look was popular for so long, yet now people are going out of their way to give the opposite look to their cars.

EDIT: Here it is the day I bought it:

syphon fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jun 29, 2010

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I think those taillight overlays are our bestselling item.

blargle
Apr 3, 2007
How hard are those to install? I was going to use red paint instead (there's a big thread on Nasioc with instructions). The vinyl overlays scared me off because they looked much more difficult to install correctly, someone said they take 30 minutes to install with a hairdryer.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

9days of waiting and I FINALLY have confirmation that my 2009 WRX is getting a new longblock and turbo. God drat.

What's that do for resale? Will that show up on carfax?

Either way, I'll be pleased to have a vehicle again at least.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It's a major warranty repair; in my experience those show up on Carfax and Carfax-like services. Since it's warranty it shouldn't impact resale that badly.

Amandyke
Nov 27, 2004

A wha?
If anything it should improve resale as the known issue was taken care of and you have a known good motor. But really it wont come up.

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
Anybody got a spare strut they want to sell me? My driver's side rear strut on my '02 wrx wagon is leaking and slowly losing it's ability to dampen.

syphon
Jan 1, 2001

blargle posted:

How hard are those to install? I was going to use red paint instead (there's a big thread on Nasioc with instructions). The vinyl overlays scared me off because they looked much more difficult to install correctly, someone said they take 30 minutes to install with a hairdryer.
Pretty difficult, actually. I mean, they're easy to install, but difficult to install without wrinkles (since the tail light is so drat curvy). My buddy did mine, and he's not happy with the wrinkles on one of them and wants to re-do it.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

It's not that bad if you use some water to help it slide around and a heat gun/blowdryer to soften them up.

(((k)))
Jun 30, 2003

Walked posted:

9days of waiting and I FINALLY have confirmation that my 2009 WRX is getting a new longblock and turbo. God drat.

What's that do for resale? Will that show up on carfax?

Either way, I'll be pleased to have a vehicle again at least.

What was the build date on your car?

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

(((k))) posted:

What was the build date on your car?

07/08 - its in the affected range for sure.

(((k)))
Jun 30, 2003

Do you know what the date ranges are? From what I can tell it's sep 08?

syphon
Jan 1, 2001
How does one find the build date, out of curiosity? As a MY2010, I'm sure I'm not affected, but I'm still curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

syphon posted:

Those and the tinted windows (and the sweet Nurburgring decal) are all I've done it it.

I hope the car has actually been to the Nordschleife. Otherwise it's like wearing a medal you didn't get awarded.